The Halo Generation

Zinnasaadi

The Monster of the Deep
Original Name: (This means the name your character was born with)

Chosen Name: (If they are part of the Abandoned/Halo Generation)

Power(s): (List the main one first, then secondary ones; there can only be two extra, and secondary powers are far weaker than if they were primary. You do not have to be a mutant.)

Sexuality:

Personality: (Can be fleshed out in story, but the basics must be listed here)

Appearance:

Equipment: This is for middle class through royalty only. Abandoned will not have weapons or armor of any sort. Their only defense are their powers.

Background:

Theme Song: (Optional)

Other:

-------------------------------------------------

Rules

1. No godmodding. If this means knocking your power strength down a few pegs to completely revising your character, I will let you know.

2. There will be a posting order. If you have no clue what this means: The creator will begin the posting, then the first accepted character will post, then the second, and when the last character is reached it will begin again.

3. If you do not post within a three-day period without a good reason, I will kill off your character my next turn.

4. There can be relationships, but fade to black if necessary.

5. The only fighting permitted is IC. If there are any problems OOC regarding the roleplay, contact me and I will do my best to fix it.

6. There is a max of 5 approved characters, excluding mine.

7. If you are not a mutant, including Veiled, and you wish to be part of the police, PM me your character sheet and I will look over it and accept it as I see fit. For those who aren't police, I will post the complete list of characters including their ranks. Two people max are allowed to be police.

8. Accepted characters will be added to a conversation as opposed to me posting in the sign-up tab. This prevents clutter in the thread.

-------------------------------------------------

Character List/Posting Order

Cordula Hohenzollern - Abandoned

Alexander Gustaf - Veiled

Cassandra Romanov - Abandoned

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Name: Alexander Gustaf

Chosen Name: Oracle

Power(s): Telepathy

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Alexander is a very curious and funny person, but his ego is easily bruised without others to back him up.

Appearance:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lst8fhCkR71qzgrbuo1_500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/sweden-campaign-against-islam-critics-stab-them-and-rape-their-children/question-4161877/&h=638&w=500&tbnid=fYF-aCCZxGXmFM:&zoom=1&docid=WBWmV76Fp2zmqM&hl=en&ei=vjA_VOyzD5KzyATsu4CwAw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCcQMygLMAs

Equipment: Taser

Background: Alexander was born to the Swedish royal family, being that his parents are passed away, he now commands Sweden as their kind. Alexander is doing very well as ruler, giving the nation economical prowess as well as leaving packages for the nation's mutants. There are many gunning for his throne, but so long as his allies remain steadfast, there shouldn't be a problem.

Theme Song: I Dreamed A Dream (Les Miserables)

Other: N/A

Original Name:

Cassandra Romanov

Chosen Name:

Peia

Power(s):

main: Pyrokinesis; secondary: healing (mainly self healing, but can expand to healing others)

F

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Personality:

She is generally intelligent and quiet, but can get quite snarky and sharp when angered. She is emotionally vulnerable and immensely loyal, though is also headstrong and stubborn. She holds grudges and doesn't easily forgive. She is serious and hardworking, and as a result, doesn't have an easy time having fun.

Appearance:

600full-lyndsy-fonseca.jpg

Background:

She was born into a Russian family with royal bloodlines, but was quickly thrown out after her powers were revealed within the first few months (first an abnormally high temperature, then tiny flames). Her family has not looked at her nor acknowledged her ever since, erasing her from their lives permanently.

Theme Song:

Vegas-Sara Bareilles

Other:

Original Name: Cordula Hohenzollern

Chosen Name: Mirror

Power(s): Mirror-walking (see the spoiler for details), at a lesser extent scrying.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: She appears timid, but it actually quite headstrong. Cordula is like a mother, kind but not holding back when it's time to give someone a harsh talk. She was raised this way, to be a mother, but when her powers manifested fully her family decided that they would not have a mutant child and cast her out. At times she can be quite cynical, but is usually warm-hearted towards other Abandoned -- whether they like it or not.

Appearance:

34017-500w.jpg

Background: Cordula was born into the Hohenzollern line, German royalty. Her silver eyes stood out against the usual brown and green of her family, which led to her peers being wary but also mesmerized. When she was seventeen she bleached her hair blonde, and she became the main topic of gossip.

Cordula began discovering her powers in her nineteenth year. At first she simply thought her eyesight was getting worse, and asked her parents to set up an appointment. When she recieved the results she was very confused; if her eyesight was almost perfect, then why was everything blurry when she looked into the mirror?

When she realized that she had powers she was absolutely terrified. She'd seen the Abandoned in the streets when she and her betrothed walked through town. A shiver crept up her spine at every glimpse. Cordula did everything she could to keep it a secret.

Unfortunately her mother finally found out, when one of her older sisters tossed her while they were practicing ballet. Cordula had tripped, falling into the full-length mirror. Her sister had expected a crash, expected the mirror to shatter, but when she saw Cordula's legs sticking out of the glass she panicked and told her mother, who in turn told her father. Cordula was banished to the gutters, forced to shave her head in shame. Only now is it growing back, fine blonde strands about two inches in length.

Theme Song: God Help the Outcasts (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Other: Cordula is friends with one of the Veiled, who provides supplies for the Abandoned, which is then distributed amongst those she can find.

Mirror-Walking

Mirror-walkers have the ability to pass through reflections as though they were pools of water. This goes for any object that gives off reflections, such as mirrors, windows, televisions that are turned off, etc. as long as they can fit through them. They can also put their hand through smaller reflections like cell phone screens, computer screens and the like. When they enter a reflective surface, they 'fall' through into a pitch-black room illuminated by light sources from other reflective surfaces. This allows for an effective escape route as well as somewhat efficient way of spying.

Unfortunately, too much time spent in the dark room (more than an hour) begins taking its toll on mirror-walkers. They begin to appear sick, with dark circles manifesting under their eyes. More than an hour and a half whittles away at their mind, fear pulling at them. After two hours they begin to lose muscle tone, and another half-hour makes them skin and bones. Their hair loses its vitality from the first hour, becoming limp and eyes dead, and when they finally exit the dark room they need at least half a day to recover. Speed is essential when travelling.

Scrying

Cordula can look into a reflective surface and, if she concentrates hard enough, produce an image that appears to be obscured by fog. Colors and outlines of objects and people are vague, but are distinctive enough to allow the user to identify the place and (possibly) the people. She cannot see into the past or future, and sound does not travel through the surface.

Other

Mirror-walkers cast no reflection, but pictures and videos can be taken and recorded as though they were observing an ordinary human being with no special powers. Their eyes blaze a bright, bloody red (this includes the sclera but excludes the pupil) when using either power (the mirror teleportation is involuntary), and can be terrifying to those who haven't seen it before. While in the dark room a mirror-walker's eyes return to their normal blue, but when coming out after residing in there for too long the redness seems to spread in vein-like fingers away from the edges of the walker's eyes, stretching out underneath the surface of their skin.

Mirror-walkers can take others into the dark room as long as the two are touching. This doesn't mean grabbing them by the collar of their coat, it means holding their hand or arm, skin touching skin. Should the contact be broken, the person pulled along by the walker will be unable to escape without their guide's help. Walkers always have to go first through the mirror to let the others pass through, giving them a ten-second window every time the walker goes through. This can be extended by walkers standing in the reflective surface with at least one part of their body not in the dark room. This can include a finger, a hand, a foot, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back