• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Guild's Demon ( Closed RP With @lucyfer )

Monsiour couldn't believe his eyes. All the evilness ruling out in front of him- frankly, it was what seemed like a miracle to him. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and he knew it. He tapped his chin- or well, where his human chin would be. He could already taste the fresh soul in his mouth.

The simple thought made him smirk in pleasure. Taking a breath, he looked up at the dark red color of hell swirling above him. With barely another glance, he turned back to his mirror waiting for someone to break and summon him to join them.

He tapped his long black fingernails against a rock before scrapping down on it. He couldn't wait. Monsiour was starving, and he had high hopes that this girl- this
special girl could provide him with food. That was the thing about demons. They knew what people were going to do before they did it. And he could sense that she was going to call for him.

What was her name again? He wondered, looking at her. Oh yes. Vera. Lascelles. She's going to give me what I want.

@Lucyfer

Delicate, pale fingers were stained with blood as the young woman held a knife over a bleeding body. Her blue eyes stared down at the unrecognizable man, trying to riddle out where she must have seen him. The hand that rested upon his bloody chest clenched the drenched fabric as she realized, belatedly, that dead men didn’t speak.

Her nose flared with an inhale, and she turned her head, blonde ringlets falling over her shoulder. Everyone in the room was dead. Her family’s bones were in the incinerator, and those who would have burned her were all cut to pieces. There had only been three, fortunately for her, but she didn’t recognize a single one of them.

‘Why?’

It was the question that raged in her head.

These three could not have been alone in this. She recalled the fire that engulfed her home, that engulfed the Burkes and the McFaddens, and knew these three could not be all there were. In fact, these three were likely the lowest rung on the ladder of who was responsible for this.

The knife fell from her hands and she sat up, straddling the deceased man beneath her. There were many ways to approach the situation, but as her mind started to go through them, they all started to fall to pieces. ‘Because….’

Because of the simple fact she was alone, with no leads, no home, and no one she could trust. It popped into her head to run to a certain vampire lord, but even if he was her most trustworthy contact, he was not as reliable as she wanted.

Needed.

Her gaze fell back to the man beneath her. Another option dawned on her as she noted he still had color, and she idly wondered how quickly the soul left the body—if she might be able to trap it and question it.

She wasn’t prepared enough to do that, but there was one thing she was prepared enough for, as all of her other options looked like impossible or foolhardy pursuits.

“Why do we even have the Keys of Solomon?”

It was a question she had asked her father, once upon a time.

Slowly, the young woman lifted herself off of the man and stepped over him. She brushed her bloody hands over her pale dress without thought and walked from the body.

“We must know our enemies.”

A glance towards the incinerator confirmed to her, once again, they were dead.

“There aren’t many out there who know how to call demons, but those who do are dangerous. It doesn’t take much of a ritual, just…desperation.”

And there was nothing more dangerous than someone willing to lose it all. The young lady had memorized the Hebrew, knew all that it meant, just in case. She was never supposed to use it herself, but was meant to know. Only.

Now she spoke it aloud. The room seemed to heat, and it wasn’t just because the incinerator decided to act like it was about to explode in that moment.

Monsiour lingered, his eyes refusing to look away from the beholder of the knife. In an unspeakable way, he was obsessed with watching pathetic humans pass away only to come to his realm.

And that's what the liars deserve.

Many humans had deceived him in his life. Not only his life, but also humans have deceived others. It was amusing to watch the mortals battle around trying to gain monopoly over each other even though when they died, their ranking meant nothing.

He had seen multiple - if not countless - men raise in their lives but fall in death. But that was good for him. Even though when he perished, he was banned to somewhere much worse than Earth, he still called Earth the real hell.

When he thought about it, it made him laugh that so many people feared to be sent where he was. But if only they knew that the lives they were already living were inflicted influence on where their soul went.

Luckily for Monsiour, he knew where this girl's soul was going. And he was going to make sure that he was finally going to have a snack that would rest him for another eternity.

Looking back at the mirror, he smirked, sinking his fangs into his bottom lip. He was pleased by her actions, drawing up a finger to motion her closer as if she could actually see him.

That's a good girl... just a little closer. You know the words...

He whispered at her, knowing that if he talked directly to her, there was a higher chance of her making a vow with him. A contract that would provide him with her soul. He just wanted to know what stupid, materialistic and mortal thing that she'd want him to do. He had countless past servants that all ruled as master till their ends drew near and he proved who really was in charge the whole time.

Monsiour's stomach growled in response to his thoughts.

Hurry up, girl... bring me here.... let me save you...

He said to the voice inside her head, trying to lure her closer to summon him into the mortal world. The demon no longer cared if he sounded desperate because he was. Once she called out to him, both of their needs would be coming soon.

Speak it aloud child! Come to me and I'll make it better. I'll do what you want.

He hung his head down, frustrated by her slowness on summoning him. They both knew that she was desperate and they both knew that there was only one answer that would help her. Him.

Monsiour grinned as he felt his body ripping into the mirror as she started preaching the words in Hebrew. Glancing back one last time at the fiery pit that he recognized as home, he fell into the mortal world.

Upon his arrival, the room got cold and the lights broke. An unexplained light came from the floor as multiple feathers emerged from what seemed like nowhere. Whispering softly, he only said one sentence.

"I see you have called upon me."

With an evil grin that could have been produced by the devil himself, he hid in the shadows so the girl couldn't see him.

"Why have you brought me here, Vera?"

Monsiour had to ask such questions even though he knew exactly what her next words would be. It was part of the job of working with demonic indites.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fire of the incinerator had only roared to life to die. It was the death cry of the machine, and of so many other things. The lights glowed bright while the woman spoke into the air, and then popped, breaking. Candles died. In a room with no windows, the darkness was completely, and the cold settled in.

With that cold came one singular, dim light. It seemed to radiate up from the floor, casting confounding shadows about the room. Feathers were pushed forward, and the young woman tilted her head up with a subtle defiance to it. In spite of all her desperation, she was still proud.

She ceased speaking Hebrew and stared ahead. Her eyes couldn’t catch sight of the one who spoke to her, but she heard the words clearly. “If you know my name, you know why I’ve brought you here,” she could hear that mocking grin in the voice.

However, she had little time for games, and she knew it. She didn’t need to be so rude that the creature brought to help her left. “To make it clear, though, I’ve brought you here for revenge.” She made a gesture towards the incinerator. She could no longer see it, but she knew where it was. “My family was destroyed. My guild has been destroyed. It was not these three dead men alone who participated in the act,” in the darkness, her eyes burned with anger, “I want to hunt down and ruin those who did this to me and mine.”

She didn’t have the means to do so on her own. Her house had been on fire last she saw. Her family was gone. The family she was going to marry into was gone. All she had left was her life, and the hope that the Queen would keep her in service to her, even alone.

Vera Lascelles needed much more than that.

Monsiour listened to the girl's strong desires. She seemed desperate, but not enough to plea and cry for what she wanted. It stroked him oddly, slightly disappointed by her lack of poverty. "I assume that you called me here to help you hunt down and ruin the lives of those who have done you wrong in this case?"

He didn't have to wait for her response. The demon just went on to justify his evilness. "But of course... you know, bargaining with magic comes with a price. Are you willing to pay it?"

The demon hoped that the young girl would take up his offer. Using his demonic forces, he used it to take possession of Vera and levitate her in the air. Anyone could tell the atmosphere was getting darker. Deadlier. Such feelings brought Monsiour to his happy place. The place that so many useless mortals despised.

Slowly, he trapped one of his long black nails to tap his bottom lip in an attempt to draw blood. Once a drop of blood fell from lip, he allowed it to fall on the swarm of feathers, forevermore painting them a dark shade of red. "My price is quite low compared to the devil's wishes. My are rather.... soft." He dragged out of the pause between the two words as much as he could.

Regardless of the situation, he knew how to play humans to their demise. "I can provide you with the protecting and avenge whom you desire. All you have to do is agree to the term and conditions of my contract. Are you up to it? Or have you brought me here only to waste my precious time, darling?"

He silenced any sounds that could possibly be heard as he awaited the young girl's answer. The answer that would decide if he was to get the meal he had ever so desired or not.

‘If I wasn’t willing to pay it—’ As the thought began to form in Vera’s mind, irked at the demon playing with her, she lost her sense of balance. She did not keel forward when the ground seemed to leave her feet, for some unknown pressure kept her from doing so. ‘What?’ Confusion took hold and she looked around herself, still unable to see much in the darkness.

That only made the sense of helplessness strike deeper. She did not feel anything holding her up, but she was no longer on the ground.

Deciding her sight was useless, Vera shut her eyes and focused on the sounds. The words. “I haven’t brought you here to waste time.” A comment was on her lip to insist that the demon was wasting time by not laying things out plainly.

However, she resisted the urge say as much. She took a deep breath, stabilizing her emotions which seemed to be warring between anger and depression. “What are your terms, demon?” She spoke what he was to indicate her clear knowledge of what she’d done. She suspected he would want her soul. She was all too willing to part with it, even though she understood what it meant.

Absolute death. Oblivion. No heaven and no hell.

There were many people out there who would prefer hell to such a thing as that.

Monsiour heard Vera remind him that she wasn't going to waste his time. "Good.." He whispered, floating behind her, remaining invisible so she wouldn't see his demonic side. He uncoiled his own fingers as if he used them to count off his terms.

"Well, my requirement is that I will do as you wish. But the second that task is complete... and when you parish... your body - more specifically your soul will be in my possession." The demon said darkly, resisting the bile that was rising in his throat at the thought of devouring another soul. He smirked, you could say - he was dying of excitement.

"And I have taken it easy for you. You will never exist after death. The pain and memories will mean nothing. Nobody will ever know or care about your existence. I shall be the only one that will know a Vera Lascelles had ever existed. The Grimm Reapers will remove and destroy your record. It's frankly a release from the bland and goth world you were born in." Monsiour stated.

The demon viewed the girl from multiple angles, trying to determine where to place the devil's star on her.

Monsiour listened to hear what her end of the bargain was. "Do you, Vera Lascelles make this deal with me?" He asked, knowing that she would. All of his past victims had knew they couldn't back out now.

"Think about it. It's a rather considerable reward. You'll be able to escape...." He trailed off, his voice breaking off like he was in a tunnel that only kept on going farther and farther away until there was no echos or anything.

It was almost amusing to hear the demon mention one of his requirements would be to do as she wished. Vera Lascelles had thought a demon might try to throw a wrench in things or create a loophole, but she heard none. He wanted her soul, to give it that permanent death she’d been warned of.

To think, now it didn’t scare her. His whispered promises were enticing. Oblivion would be sweet. None of these ever-shifting emotions, none of this pain. She likely wouldn’t even get to properly mourn her family, the Burkes, or the McFadden’s. “Easy enough,” she said, eyes still closed. It was a wonderful escape. She didn’t need to think long about it at all.

“One thing to note, when you are in my service, you will always tell me the truth. You have already said you will do what I wish—I want that wish made clear.”

She did not know how the contract might serve to enforce that rule, but she knew it needed to be said before the contract was made, so that it would be a forever unbreakable part of it. The demon would always tell her the truth. It would make this whole process much smoother. “I’ll make this deal with you.” Her soul, in exchange for his assistance and his honesty. It sounded fair. It really sounded like she was winning far more than he was, though that might simply be because she didn’t know the value of a soul.

Monsiour listened in return to the girl's wishes upon hiring him. He grinned, hearing what was asked of him. It was child's play. He could protect her. Provide her with revenge. And most simply, he could be truthful.

That was the thing about demons. Despite their wicked ways and twisted reputation, demons were very reliable. Unlike humans they found no use in lying. They didn't have to twist words to get what they wanted or what other people wanted. It was a simple promise and a cheap price for a meal that would last an eternity. "It seems as if we have came to an agreement then. Trust me dear... I will be more honest than any mortal will ever- and have ever been. "

The demon could sense the vow approaching him rapidly. "Now that our deal is sealed.. we have a few things to do before I arrive at your service. " He said in a demonic voice. "I need to know my mortal name that I will be using when I am in a human vessel. Secondly.. I shall put a mark on your neck that you'll make visible when you order me to do something. I will comply to anything if you directly say the words "____, I order you to do___."

Smirking, he added in a wrench to the deal. "But hence my warning... every time you order me to do something you'll be one year closer to your soul belonging to me."

A demon’s words were sweet to hear. Of course, Vera had known that before. There was a reason demons could capture others so firmly in their grasp, a reason Vera wouldn’t turn away despite the danger to herself. Was this demon not giving her all that she wanted?

What reason did she have to turn back?

The demon requested a name after promising a mark would seal their deal, and Vera sought some name that wouldn’t be filled with memories of loved ones. “You can’t have my soul until our deal is done, no matter how many times I order you,” it might mean that the second the deal was done, her soul was his, but that was fine. Vera wasn’t sure she wanted to live long after that as it was.

‘A name. Any name.’

“Demon, I order you to answer to the name Raphael Talbot.” The name, if understood etymologically, would confuse. Raphael was the Archangel of healing, but Talbot was a name that meant ‘destroyer’. They absolutely did not belong together, and yet they fit quite well with this individual’s purpose. Of course, at that moment the woman was not thinking of such things. Raphael had come to mind from all the Hebrew she’d just spoken, and Talbot was not an uncommon surname.

Later, she might be amused with her own genius.

The demon didn't say anything when she brought up the matter of when the soul was to be taken. He was a man- more like a creature of his word. Even if he wanted to steal Vera's soul before the given time, he wouldn't be able to without being banished to another level of hell. But he decided against telling her that every time she ordered him with the direct words, he was complied to do it quickly. In payment for doing it, he'd receive a tastier - more assuring vow that would be stronger leaving him with a better soul when she dismissed him of his services.

Monsiour put a finger to his lips, waiting for words of a name to be brought to their attention.

Raphael Talbot. He repeated his name multiple times in his head before deciding to close the vow with the mark. Sealing the deal, he put a finger on her soft skin, sending a burn through her neck. After a few minutes of silence, the mark imprinted on her skin, signing the official release. In sync, a perfect replica of the mark was visible on his palm.

Taking a deep breath that seemed to bring a cold temperature to the room, he slowly morphed into a human. Propping himself onto the floor, he walked through a swarm of black feathers, the gate of hell lingering behind him. Once he was in the room, the portal shut and the candles slowly lit themselves back up so the young girl could see him.

Raphael walked into plain daylight, bowing at the mortal's feet. "Raphael Talbot at your service, your highness."

Vera felt the touch of the demon and her eyes flew open as it burned through her skin. She had to bite her own lip to keep from crying out, but she managed it. She did not want to show anymore weakness than necessary to this demon, and that meant she would not cry out in pain.

Still, both fists clenched at her side in an effort not to do that. No blood was drawn, but her fingernails certainly made their marks known on her palms before the burning sensation ceased.

The cold returned, like a pleasant breeze on a summer day.

The lights flickered back on, and into sight walked a handsome man who introduced himself as Raphael Talbot. ‘Good disguise.’ Its only flaw was in its beauty, which far too many individuals would become interested in, but that was fine by Vera. Their interest might bring out the true criminals. Certainly, many were going to wonder where he came from.

Her feet returned to the ground with his bow. She smiled, though corrected, “The Queen Victoria is ‘your highness’,” not that she minded, “Calling me that may get me into trouble. Treason is a high offense here.” When was the last time he walked on earth, she wondered. And where? “Rise,” she ordered, a hand moving to cover her neck as she realized she needed to leave this place. “We have many things to do.”

Raphael watched her reaction, a smirk imprinting onto his face as the lady corrected him. "Of course..." He didn't add a last part, unsure what to call the girl from the guild. It was odd seeing the girl from his close when he had just seen her through his demonic eyes that provided him with seeing the sins that each person had committed.

Rising up, he looked down at his human hands, flexing them slightly. It was a strange sensation to be brought back in such of a meek human body. To test out this vessel's durability, he was quick to grab the knife from the floor and stab it into his hand. Slight pain escaped as he felt the blood rushing down his hand. It had worked. He was officially in a human's body.

Almost instantly the wound healed, and he looked up at Vera. "Where to, miss?" He questioned, wanting to know where his duties laid at the time being. He had been waiting for this moment for what seemed like forever.

And now he marked his first step to owning a feast. After cracking his knuckles, he slid in fingers through a white glove to shade the mark from the naked eye. "I am at your service." He whispered.

Vera’s blue eyes widened in surprise at the demon when he chose to stab his hand. As soon as the shock faded and she saw the red of his blood, an idea came to mind. She had no way to acquire a decent choker right now, but there were other options.

The knife fell back to the ground as the demon put on gloves to cover his own mark. The wound had healed quickly, “We are going to go to Lord Edwin Cornell, a contact of mine,” she answered as she drew closer to the demon, only to bend and pick up the knife. She held it back out to him, “Before then, you are going to cut my neck and wrap it. I do not trust my own hand,” she couldn’t see where that wonderful vein was, and so she wasn’t sure if she would cut it and end her own life or not.

“It is expected I would be injured after an incident like this, and it will make the situation seem a little more…realistic.”

Lord Edwin would then do as she asked to get her in touch with the Queen. She and Raphael could plot how best to ensure she did not lose her position as a guild member and land owner.

Raphael looked at her with no emotion. The people that called upon her were always the same : Desperate but strong-willed. Looking at the knife, he smirked. "You do not trust yourself yet you are so desperate you allow a demon who both of us know can't wait to kill you." He said with a spark.

The demon took the knife. "Past that idea, I respect your wits." He said, gently tracing her neck with the knife. Even though he knew better, he couldn't help but image how easily this prey would be to catch. But he knew if he took her away now, he would not be rewarded with her soul nor with the joy of scaring her.

Doing as she wished, he slit her throat so that it wouldn't do any permanent damage. Despite the fact it looked dreadful, the pain was quite tolerable from the place he slashed her at. After doing the deed, he took a step back to admire his stealthy work of art. It looked as if Vera had been through a terrible accident leaving her with a deadly scar on her neck. It would be enough to make any mortal tremble at the thought of how she had gotten.

"Lord Edwin..." He said aloud. "Off to his palace then I presume to retrieve your standard as a guild member and a landlord of all this property." He said, understanding the blonde's wishes.

‘Yes.’

Vera didn’t need to verbalize the answer to the rhetorical question. It wasn’t that she trusted the demon before her, so much as she trusted in the contract they had just entered into. Until the day her goal was complete, the demon would have to keep her alive. His hand was that much more trustworthy, for that. He’d lose far more than she would, if he chose to kill her.

It was cold when it moved along her flesh, and the cut was quick. Her breath hitched a moment since it came with no warning, and then she let it out in a slow hiss.

He assessed her motives while admiring his own work. “Yes. Lord Edwin is one of the few who understands where he stands.” At the mercy of the Lascelles. He’d think twice before turning his back on her, since he knew both the rewards of helping, and the consequences of not helping.

The others would delude themselves that the consequences would never occur. “Now would you please wrap this so we can get on?” There was only a moment's thought afterward of using 'please', whether or not it would be good to continue with that, and then decided it would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back