[The Grid] OOC

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
Okay, people. We're up. Please put up your sheet, picture, and background in the Coppertops forum. Just create a personal forum, post in there, and when xp comes out, you can just append them by posting what you did with it as a reply.

In the main thread, please post what your character is doing on this March night. It can be as simple as "Bob drinks coffee in a greasy diner" or as elaborate as you want. It will provide the jumping off point for things to begin happening, and we'll see how quickly we can kick this ball down the hill.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, I tend to narrate small things your characters do. Mostly it's for speeding up events. As the game goes on a bit, and I get a grasp on your styles, I'll try to make everything seem organic. At any point though please feel free to either as me to remove or change anything that doesn't match up with how you think your PC would act, or ask me to revise. I'll try not to play your characters for you, but Erin nuking a TV dinner didn't seem to be something I wanted to dwell on overly. Of course if you feel I'm doing too much, please let me know. I'm not going to get offended.

This extends to you too. If Bob walks into a mechanics shop and you want to narrate a quick exchange between Bob and the clerk, go right ahead. Keep it reasonable, of course. No, the clerk isn't going to drop a V8 big block into your Civic overnight for nine dollars, parts and labor. Sorry. Also, once the major NPCs come in I may give you some behind the scenes guidance, but otherwise please use them all as stunt/post fodder. The point of this is to show your characters as part of a world, and not just you do something, the world reacts.

Of course this means that if you post, 'George smiles when the bus boy flashes him a big blue eyed grin' and I mention that the bus boy's eyes are actually boat lights, green and yellow, that means I've already decided certain things about the bus boy and that means he's a prebuilt character. That means he's probably someone significant. Of course that would be OOC knowledge, and your characters wouldn't know, but hey, Dramatic Irony, baby. [lies]I promise I won't do it just to mess with you. [/lies]

Is Erin's angst making Socrates cry? ;-)

Or is he thinking, "Silly girl, you wrote a term paper on The Republic in college!"

Lord of the Storm: Done.

Cyl: I'm waiting on the Bushranger to post your action. You'll be coming along shortly.

Well, there goes my first self-rolled Exalted (or any WW, for that matter) system combat post. I hope I didn't screw it up too badly. :oops:

...also, where is Patrick's house relative to the beach? The way I've been picturing it it might be on it, in which case crashing through the 'back' of the garage might be aiming Punk 2 at the surf... :P

Everything was good. After looking up Baretta .45s, you can treat it as a fire wand with a rate of 3 but double the normal flurry penalties due to the recoil. It holds 10 rounds per mag and reloading takes a standard misc. action. Range is 40'.

Double flurry penalty... wow for a shotgun, a heavy revolver or an automatic rifle I'd have understood but... double penalty is a bit extreme for a semi automatic weapon with such a small caliber (unless you meant the penalty was only applicable to the attack roll, and not the DV :wink: ).

cyl said:
Double flurry penalty... wow for a shotgun, a heavy revolver or an automatic rifle I'd have understood but... double penalty is a bit extreme for a semi automatic weapon with such a small caliber (unless you meant the penalty was only applicable to the attack roll, and not the DV :wink: ).
For a .45 with only 4" of barrel? I hadn't really considered that as a small gun. But yes, I had meant only the acc penalty. Thanks, and good catch.

Edit:

Bushranger, I must not have been clear. Sorry. You missed the Challenger's tire and shot out Brennick's windshield/passenger head rest.

Basically guys, Patrick lives on an access road. There are two main streets in Nags Head, the beach road and Croatan HW. Between them are a bajillion little access roads. The rich people live, or more likely just own houses, on the beach road with back yard beach access, while the residents and less rich people own houses on the access roads. The garage faced an access road. The house was back from the road at something of an angle so when the car burst out the back wall, it drove along the lawn.

Actually, I'm going to see if I can freehand out a diagram and put that up.

Huh I'm kinda confused here... am I supposed to post anything... we're still chasing the guy.

Lord of the Storm: Okay, that must not have come across clearly. My bad. There is a thing on your leg. It's the size of your shin, and looks like a mucousy ball of tentacles. (Psst, it's an octopus). The thing is only a couple feet across though. Kase's problem isn't that it's pulling him somewhere, but that it got a hold of his leg and bit him.

Cyl: What I'm looking for is a post about how you intend to stop the car thief. He's gotten some speed to him and has figured out some idea of how to handle the vehicle. You can call for backup if you want. Beyond that, what are Brennick and Patrick going to do? The chase is far enough out of town that they can start shooting without necessarily worrying about hitting civilians. You can also try to hit the back of the Challenger with the Chevy. You can crowd him off the road into a sand dune. Up ahead there is one point where Virginia Dare Trail crosses Croatan, beyond which the road runs through a major national park for miles. If you want backup with spike strips or something, that's probably where it would have to be. You've got options. What do you want to do to stop this guy from just driving away?

Go to it. You can certainly make any choice like that, and this is a pretty cinematic world so you can have a little leeway with police procedure et al. My aim from behind the screen, as it were, for these introductory threads is just as much to build intercharacter ties and allow for roleplaying/inventive problem solving as sink 'Reality is a lie' plot hooks into what you guys do. So by all means, get creative.

Arynne, I haven't forgotten you! I'm just trying to work you into the group smoothly. Thanks for being patient.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Can we just go on from there? But if you need me to edit for whatever reason, I'll gladly do so.

I managed to avoid panicking (read: made Valor roll) and decided to grab a couple of bricks from the crash (assuming they're within arm's reach) and chucked them at whatever's pulling me into the abyss.

Um, the octopus is about a foot or two across. It's one of the little, bitey ones. It's not pulling you anywhere; it's just biting you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back