• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Great War and then some

Zelorm

Mekon's Maze Worm
This roleplay will begin immediately after Francis Ferdinand is assassinated. It is very simple to explain, and I will explain all the dice mechanics when it begins. The rate of time is one month per day. Some historical events (such as the Russian Empire becoming the USSR) will almost definitely happen. Others (such as the Allies winning WW1) may not.

"My fellow Greenlanders. Far too long have the Danish controlled us. They take our resources, our women and our native land. The Danish say they own this land and that this land is theirs. But they are wrong. This land belongs to us. The natives and immigrants not the a Government in Europe. So on this day, June 29th 1914 We declare independence from the State of Denmark."

Britain immediately entered into a Frenzy on word of Assassination of Francis Ferdinand by the Yugoslav Nationalists, and knew this would cause Serbian-Austrian War, which could lead to the threatening of the Entente between Russia, France, and The British Empire. The British didn't make any move to amass more Military Power, but they did mobilize their current 1,000,000 Active Soldiers. They knew that Germany could very well get involved if Austria invaded Serbia, and that could lead to Germanic Troops supplying aid to Austria, and could lead to German Expansion against Serbian Allies. Russia may declare War, and Germany may even move against France. Either of these Scenarios would plunge Britain into a World War.

Military Report

Action - 1,000,000 Troops Mobilized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much like Britain, Tsar Nicolas II feared a global conflict. Fearing Germany most of all, they move 1,000,000 Troops to Germany's Border, and another 50,000 troops into Serbia to Defend it.

Telegram:

To: Switzerland @dieutain

Switzerland, do to recent events in Europe, I believe that a war will be coming soon. I ask for a friendship between us so if another nation attacks either of us, we will come to each others aid from a Financial and Militiant Standpoint.

Australia was shocked at the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, but the shock was only temporary. They knew a war was probably coming, but they had no idea it would be on this scale. Australia merely awaits Britain's word as to what their stance on the war would be. Wherever Britain led, Australia and New Zealand would be following.

@KurtH6355

Telegram

To - Australia & New Zealand @Fezzes

From - The British Empire

Message - We request that you mobilize all Ships and a small amount of Infantry and Armor for a possible upcoming Global War between the Triple Entente and their Allies, and the Austrian-German Alliance.

Australia and New Zealand received the telegram, and within a day ships were being crewed and recruiting posters dotted the towns and cities. The number of soldiers rocketed to 300 000 in Australia and 50 000 in New Zealand within two weeks. However, the war had not even begun, so deployment was waiting on both the opening of a front and the training of the troops. Training was intense and rigorous, weeding out the weak and honing the rest into deadly killing machines, as the two countries were ready to ensure that they would have the finest soldiers available to fight the war. Quality was the order of the day, especially since they couldn't beat the main nations in quantity.

(Armoured military vehicles didn't really exist in Australia or anywhere else until mid-way through the war.)

Telegram:

Greenland @Frontier

An alliance is impractical and useless. I am sorry we shall try to remain neutral.

(It was Bosnian nationalists who where the killers) Switzerland began to mobilize their troops knowing a war could be caused.

Could we please move this to the OOC chat? And to close the matter, he was from Bosnia, but he was egged on and supported and stuff by the Serbian Military Secret Society called the Black Hand. Anyway, OOC chat plz.

I start building 10 Frigates to patrol International waters to make sure no enemy ships get into my waters

[dice]12077[/dice]

Germany's dictator had a stern face, thinking of his powerful ally being killed. He would honor his ally's promise of war. He makes several phone calls to start mobilizing 1.5 million soldiers, 500,000 would move to the west and the rest to the east. He then sends an ambassador to call the switz for an alliance.

Telegram: Switzerland @dieutain

With our combined strengths and exploiting the French weakness of there souther borders we can easily defeat them, what do you say?

(The Swiss) Telegram: We would like to remain neutral for the time being. We would not like to attack our French brothers.

Telegram:

To Germany: @general ostruppen

Germany, due to resent events in eastern Europe, many know that a war is inevitable. I ask that you sign my nonaggression pact and we can maintain trade between each other.

To: @general ostruppen Germany, Austria-Hungary

We demand you call off your war with Serbia ((OOC: even though it is completely justified)) . Failure to respond in our favour will result in a complete shut down of trade, and Russian Forces in Serbia and the German-Russian Border to shot any German Forces on sight.

(Call a meeting! I wanna politics cause that's all I do."

Frontier said:
Greenland did into independance
(Yes but can he into space?)

Germany assembles another one million soldiers to the east.

Military status: 1.5 million to the east, 500,000 to the west.

Germany commences to attack Russia without warning.

[dice]12079[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back