THE GREAT PAPYRUS

Roma

Stache Master
Name: PAPYRUS (the Skeleton- I mean, the Great? )

Age: WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT? (but I like to think of him as 18-20ish)

Gender: OH! THAT'S SOME FORM OF CAR ACCIDENT, RIGHT? NOT TO WORRY! I WORKED HARD FOR MY PERMIT, SOON TO BE LICENSE ONCE I HEROICALLY BATTLE MY WAY THROUGH HUMAN BUREAUCRACY, AND HAVE GROWN QUITE FAMILIAR WITH HUMAN TRAFFIC SAFETY LAWS! I AM ALSO THE SAFEST OF DRIVERS! (despite having confused this section as "fender-bender," Papyrus is male and currently very excited about cars.)

Appearance: RUGGEDLY HANDSOME, OF COURSE! But seriously, a post-pacifist surface dwelling Papyrus has since ditched the battle body and circles through a new closet-worth supply of clothing proudly gotten on the surface, though he faithfully keeps his red scarf as part of his daily outfit. His favorite outfit includes an orange sweater, jeans, and his trusty red boots. 

Personality: A charismatic, optimistic skeleton that puts effort and gusto into everything he does. Papyrus is honest and confident to the point where he may initially seem insensitive and egotistical, but one only needs to talk to him to realize he has a heart of gold- he believes in everyone as much as he believes in himself, after all! Papyrus can be oblivious and gullible but cunning at times, particularly when wanting something badly enough (such as using reverse psychology to make Undyne become friends with Frisk). For all his charisma Papyrus is pretty insecure, wishing desperately for everyone to like him and be his friend. Papyrus wistfully claims to not have any friends but that's because he's very quick to adopt people as family (Sans will always be number one, though Undyne comes at a close second). Papyrus enjoys puzzles, cooking, cleaning, being helpful, hanging out with people and puns (Sans just...says too many). He dislikes sleeping, lasers and conveyor belts, vacations, and lying. He also has superb control of his magic. 

Short Backstory: Papyrus honestly can't remember his childhood outside of brotherly shenanigans but really doesn't care. He is a skeleton that lives in the present, even if he does occasionally look at his brother and wonder if their little family had once been a big one. On that note, though he is absolutely certain he has never seen or heard of Gaster before something about him feels weirdly familiar, but Papyrus has been too weirded out by the weird feeling to interact much. He has grudgingly moved on from his dream of becoming a member of the royal guard to fully dedicating himself to his job as the Ambassador's Mascot and fulfilling everything he dreamed about on the surface, including getting a license to drive his fancy car down the highway. Sometimes he finds himself missing Snowdin in all its beautiful simplicity but he loves the sun too much to ever consider going underground, even to visit. 

Abilities & Attacks:

Bones: Papyrus loves bones enough he keeps a collection of them in the house and regularly gifts them to people, but they are also his primary source of attack. They vary between blue and white and follow the principles of staying still or jumping out of the way, respectively. 

You're Blue: A Papyrus specialty, Papyrus is able to turn a soul blue while fighting by increasing gravity and making it slower when jumping.  

Gaster Blasters: Like his brother Papyrus is capable of summoning and using gaster blasters but prefers using bone attacks and his own magic, believing gaster blasters too dangerous for regular battle. He probably also thinks of them as cheating. (it was hinted in the game patch and I'm rolling with it) 

Defies Physics: Likely similar to Sans and his shortcuts Papyrus has the ability to alter the gravitational pull on him and change his momentum/speed, allowing him to perform physics defying actions whenever he feels like it. Such stunts include walking on thin air, twirling away, and exiting as if something abruptly pulled him out of the area. (a loving reference to all the weird shit Papyrus' sprite does in-game)   

Somewhat Omniscient: Papyrus has the ability to see things and places he is not physically present in, sometimes of things that are in the future/elsewhere. He knows a lot things he really shouldn't be able to know and is very blase about it, likely because he doesn't realize it's strange at all. 

Stats:  

680 HP 

8 AT

2 DF

He likes to say: "Nyeh heh heh!" 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back