• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Great Big O

Roger Smith

Cast in the name of God, Ye not guilty.
Good evening everyone,

I come to you today to tell you about the world of “Big O”. Big O was an anime that aired on toonami in the very late 90’s and very early 2000’s. It chronicles the tales of Roger the negotiator, Norman his butler, Dorothy the android, and Rogers’s giant alter ego Big O.

Big O is set Paradigm City, often referred to as the city of amnesia. Forty years prior to the events of the show every human and every android that lived in the city of Paradigm lost all memory of what happened before that. Paradigm is divided into several large and medium sized domes, with surrounding hills and smaller towns around them. The events of forty years ago destroyed most of the world, leaving only Paradigm city by itself. On one coast, by a ruined airport is a vast desert wasteland that seems to stretch on forever, the other is an ocean with a city submerged below it.

The only technologies left behind of forty years ago are giant ironclad robots called megadeus’s .

These are robots that are capable of immense destruction, power, and strength. The knowledge of how to harness their power and manufacture them is left within the dormant lost memories of a few select members of Paradigm’s citizens.

Thus, enters the Paradigm Corporation.

The Paradigm Cor. Is the ruling body of Paradigm and its surrounding hills and countryside. They are a shady corporation whose intentions are often masked behind a ruse. They seek the memories of those who have knowledge of the monolithic robots that lay dormant throughout Paradigm City so that they may harness their power to trigger the events of forty years ago to destroy and reshape the world as their leader, Alex Rosewater, sees fit.

A megadeus is usually activated after the memories of its creator are discovered and will bow to the command of the individual who discovered said memories, often for nefarious purposes.

Except for Roger Smith, Roger has in his possession a special Archetype of Megadeus known as Big.

The giant piloted robots in Big O are much different to those that appeared in other animes of that time. They were fast and had ninja-like speed, weaponry, and accuracy. Instead, they are towering giants of iron steel, with missiles, piston arms, machine guns, and lasers.

Roger Smith rises to the occasion in Big O to stop the actions of those who have activated a Megadeus to bring harm to Paradigm and its citizens. Of course no one that Roger is the one behind the controls of Big O when a megadeus attacks. Big O is sometimes referred to as Paradigms protector, much to the dismay of the military police.

Roger Smith has the occupation of being a negotiator for the city of Paradigm, these range from anything to a simple business dispute to kidnappings and ransoms. He is considered the best in the business.

My goal is to set up an extended roleplay in the world of Big O with one or more person as this show was short lived and only had one season, I feel that there is so much more to explore and do with this role. If you are interested and would like to discuss the details regarding this feel free to shoot me a message and I will get back to you As soon as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back