• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Golden Age (Superhero RP)

Kyd Jhesus

Unlicensed Doctor

Two 30ish year old men walked to the exiting door of the bank, one holding a shotgun in both hands with it at a woman's back. She was holding a bag of money and tears running down her face frantic. She was a teller at this bank and now was being taken as a hostage by the armed robbers. They pushed her out the door into the environment of Convergence City. The air was hot and made you break a sweat a few minutes after going outside as the morning sun beat on you. The men lead her to the car and open the door saying "Ladies first" as she was pushed into the back seat. The 2 men got into the car and started it as soon as they heard the sirens. "Joey get going! The Patties are coming and I'm not going to the pen today." the man with the shotgun shouted from the back seat still pointed it at the hostage.The driver then sped off from the bank and down the street. "Don't tell me what to do Frank, Mom was right, you are way too dmn bossy."

It wasn't these crooks lucky day because Benjamin Larson was on there tail but to most folk he is know as The Instant. They had drove past his street as he was walking out of his apartment to go find a job and that when they drove past. Benny smile and said "Damn, Looks like i'm on call again." Ben ran back into his home and came back out at superspeed in his costume as the Instant. He raced down the street zipping past the police and pass the criminals. He then slowed down to the car's speed and punched his hand threw the window hitting the driver in the jaw knocking him out. He unlocked the door, pulled him out and toss him on the ground at a slowed down speed to insure he wouldn't die. Once he caught up to them again he got into the car's driver seat and pulled over. That when he felt the metal barrel being placed to the back of his head.

"If me and my brother are going to jail at least i get to kill a uppity moon cricket like you." Frank said and he took a deep breath ready to fire. That when he felt a powerful jab in the cheek from the side of him. It was the teller trying to give the instant a hand but he didn't need it. He ran to the door on the side of the man and pulled him out threw the window and onto the ground where he delivered a finish blow with a punch to the chest. The bank teller got out of the car and ran up to give him a hug. "Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you! God bless you! I thought i was going to die." As she did this the police arrived with Joey in the back seat of one the cars. The officer got out the car and yelled "Break it up! You know better..." Pointing at Ben."Both of y'all." as he eyed the teller causing her to cease hugging Ben and to back off. He walked up to Ben and said "Watch who you be touching on, You superheroes just love pushing boundaries and breaking laws. One day your uppity ass is going to fuck up and i'll be there to put the cuffs on you."

Ben looked at the officer and shaked his head. "At least give me a thank you, Did a better job then you would have. Go back to crossing guard or something because with me around your useless." Ben said annoyed by the officer attitude. He then turn to the teller and waved goodbye as she dashed down the street and out of sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rachel sat on a stool in the small storage room of the bookstore she worked at, most recent newspaper clutched tightly in her hands. The headline flashed brightly in the back of her mind, playing over and over as she read through the article it was based on. "The Instant Leaves Crime in the Dust" was a rather cheesy title, certainly, but oddly fitting, considering this new hero had speed based powers. To bad he was going to get in Rachel's way, the inevitability eating at her as she read through the article over and over, looking for some minute detail she may have missed.

She should have been working, she knew, but she was entitled to a break every now and then, besides, there was one other employee in today, and considering she'd been working there far longer than anyone besides the owner himself, it's not like anyone was going to tell her what she should and should not be doing. This was more important anyway, figuring out all she could about this "Instant". He was a hero, obviously, but a very self-righteous one, the kind of person who would undoubtedly see it as his duty to stop her.

Rachel was very much aware that her methods of making others understand were... destructive, but it was all for the greater good, for progress. Anyone who knew anything of history would be able to tell the only true way for change to occur was through violence, for the situation to get so desperate there was no other option but to change. Besides, her actions wouldn't even be necessary if it weren't for all the sexist bastards out there who looked down on women just because of heir gender. She finally had enough, deciding there was nothing else to be gained from the paper.

Catching the middle finger of her right hand between her teeth, she slipped the thin glove off before letting go almost completely of the air tight control she kept over her power. Gripping the paper once more in her now bare hand, she watched with a dark kind of satisfaction as it the paper under and around her hand frosted over, and then slowly began to get lost under a growing layer of ice. Rachel pushed a little, willing the ice to spread faster, grow thicker, and when that day's newspaper was nothing more than a block of ice, she dropped it, clenched her uncovered hand into a tight fist, and watched as the once-paper shattered into an uncountable number of pieces.

Satisfied with her little display of power, Rachel strolled back into the main shop, relieving the new employee from his position at the cash register after grabbing a book off the shelf to pass the time. There were never many customers in this little store, but the few people that did come in were regular patrons and enough to keep it in business with two full time employees and the occasional part time. Rachel looked down at her choice in reading material. Hmm, it was promising, but she supposed she'd never really know until she started reading.

@Kyd Jhesus (mentioned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back