• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Gem of My Eye

CJWrites

Elder Member
Private 1x1 RP with @razorstar

he kingdoms of Onyx and Jasper have been at war for quite some time. The kings of the kingdoms have come up with a plan that will hopefully restore peace. The eldest son of the King of Onyx will marry the eldest daughter of the King of Jasper. But, when they meet for their wedding, what happens when the Prince of Onyx falls in love with the Prince of Jasper?

Prince Damion paced the throne room, heavy leather boots creating a rhythmic thumping on the wooden floor. His clothes were crisp, the black fabric darker than even his midnight hair and the red and silver accents practically glowing against it. His dark blue eyed were practically swirling with nervous energy, his gaze locked on the ground. Deros and Draven stood near the wall, simply watching him pace and glancing at each other in amusement. The King and Queen simply sat on their thrones, Fenris trying not to bristle at the idea of the royal family of Jasper entering his kingdom and Tala speaking in hushed tones to the royal adviser.

A member of the guard pushed open the doors to the throne room, panting due to the fact he had obviously ran to share the news. "They have arrived." He said simply, and Damion was outside before he could even finish. His family followed, far more calm than he was. But, they weren't the ones getting to meet their future bride.

"I don't want to do this" Anya burried her head into Drayden's chest. She, like her mother, had a short stature. Anya and Tino had taken to Drayden almost immediately once he arrived. Drayden patted her

Anya turned around angrily at her Mother.

"Why do I have to do this! Why can't we marry you off!"

Queen Morgan scowled "Because Fenris is already married," She spat his name like it was a curse. "It will turn out fine, I had an arranged marriage and we grew to love each other very dearly."

Anya rolled her eyes. "You married a childhood friend, not some prince from a land you're at war with."

"Hush, child." Morgan scolded. "We're about to arrive. Please, for the sake of our country."

Anya huffed but nevertheless smothed the wrinkles on their dress.

Queen Morgan was the first out, taking the hand of General Alphonse as he helped her descend the carriage steps.

She doubted the other court had seen her outside of her battle armor before, but this was a peace gathering.

"King Fenris," she greeted, but the warmth in her eyes was fake. Her next greeting was more genuine "Queen Tala. May I present my daughter, Princess Anya Aballac and her brother, Crown Prince Drayden."

Drayden, who had quietly excited earlier, reached out his hand to help his sister wearing a gorgeous dress make her way down.

Damion felt his body stiffen, muscles tensing until merely standing made his body so tight that his bones ached. He had to force himself to keep breathing, to keep functioning. Of course, his mother took the lead, smiling brightly and stepping slightly forward, making sure that Fenris was behind her. The last thing she needed was for him to spew his usual 'All of them are wolf hunters, every one of them, they're going to try to kill us all, they're insane' bullshit. If anyone was out of it, it was the old wolf himself.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both." Tala purred, her blue eyes shimmering with a friendliness that they didn't usually hold. She gestured slightly to her sons, resisting the urge to scowl once she saw that Draven and Deros were shoving each other and practically cowering behind their older brother. They instantly stopped, smiling like the mouse that escaped the cat. "And these are my sons, Prince Damion, Deros, and Draven."

At the mention of his name, Damion naturally dropped into a smooth bow, coming back up after only a moment to inspect the other family. Princess Anya was lovely, certainly, but he could feel a knot appear in his stomach at the sight of her. Maybe it was because she wasn't his type, or because he expected to feel an overwhelming sense of love flow through him at the sight of her. To be honest, she would have been far better suited to one of his brothers, but he would say that about any woman.

Morgan shook Tala's hand. "My other sons will be arriving later this afternoon, they had some business to take care of before leaving."

Drayden looked on at the other Royal Family, they seemed nice enough, although a bit unruly. His eyes locked with the oldest, Damion. Then he quickly looked away. In fact, he felt inadequate. Everyone here radiated strength and determination. As always, he faded into the background. Jasper's spies reported only the best of Prince Damion, excelling in swordsmanship, hunting and politics. Until a year ago he had been a simple monk and unlike his other siblings, possessed no melee or magic abilities. Why he had been made Crown Prince was a mystery to him. He would gladly give the throne to Rob but his mother wouldn't hear anything of it.

Anya looked onward with a resolute sadness. She took the sides of her skirt and curtsied. "It is an honour, Prince Damion." She held out her hand for Damion to kiss.

Morgan's smile turned fake once again. "Shall we get started with wedding preparations then?" The treaty had already been signed and neither country was entirely happy with the result but they would have to move forward lest they destroy each other.

The Prince took Anya's hand gingerly, almost like he feared he would break it in his grasp. He bent down, lightly placing a kiss on the back of his hand. His lips lingered a hair, but afterwards he immediately released her and stood back up, a slight smile on his lips. "The pleasure is all mine, Princess." He purred, eyes glowing with a warmth they rarely ever held. He studied her for a moment before turning to Drayden.

Damion wasn't sure what he expected from him, but this wasn't it. The other prince almost seemed to project meekness and submission, like some form of servent. Everyone knew he had been sent away as a child and had only recently returned, but the difference between him and the royalty Damion was used to interacting with was still shocking. Refreshing, but it also made Damion question himself a bit.

"It's a also a pleasure to meet you, Prince Drayden. I've heard so much about you." He turned slightly, starting to walk towards the castle. "I can show you both around the castle and surrounding city, if you'd like."

Anya smiled and her shoulders relaxed a bit as Damion kissed her hand, yet at the same time shivers ran up her spine. It seemed too... Unaffectionate? Rehearsed?

"That would be wonderful." Drayden answered, He gave a warm smile "And please, call me Dray." He started running to catch up to Damion, almost tripping over his fancy clothes.

"I've heard many wonderful things about you too."

Queen Morgan tensed and glared at him, as if he dared to compliment the enemy, or perhaps she was just nervous about letting her precious children walk off with Onyx's Ace. Their aunt had a different reaction waving after them as if to say 'have fun'. Analise was proud of her accomplishments in negotiating peace with Onyx. Peace had always been on her brother in law's mind and now it had finally arrived.

Inside Drayden felt a bit more nervous. If Damion had heard about him, he certainly heard the most widespread fact. If you knew one thing about Prince Drayden it was that he grew up in a monestary. Did he look down on Drayden like Rob did? Then again, Rob looked down at everyone. Anya and Tino assured him he had a hidden heart of gold but Drayden had yet to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back