• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Furred and The Fanged

CalmingDestruction

This calamity is calm.

Forest.1.jpg

~~~~

Wynn sat at the edge of her bed, tying up her shoes. She listened, silently, for any noise. She dared not to go out if her mother had gotten up. Finding she was only met by silence, she slowly stood and approached the window. She slid it open and crawled out, climbing her way down from the second story with ease. Not before closing her window, of course. Landing on the ground quietly, she took a moment to observe her surroundings and bask in the moonlight. It was reassuring, really. How the trees smelled or the light seemed to warm her skin. She felt....free. In some sense or another. 

Slowly she began to inch away from her house, diving deeper and deeper into the woods nearby. She navigated the trees with silent confidence, seeming unafraid. The curiosity that came with these woods intrigued her. She wanted to know what was in them. She wanted to explore the trees and ponds and life. She wanted to know it all. She wouldn't in the short time she had, she knew, but she could see what she could find for the bit of time she had. She wasn't resentful towards her parents, but she was unsure of why they'd kept her locked away. It seemed strange, to stay away from a world so interesting and peculiar. 

She smiled slightly as she found a small watering hole. She enjoyed looking down at the clear water, wondering what hide in the depths of the liquid. 

Red-Eyed-Black-Wolf.jpg

Jason sat Peacefully on his pride rock, guarding his wood like a sentinel. His rock was in the middle of the forest, giving him complete vision of his territory. This forest was important to him, for Jason was the Alpha of the Mooneye pack, which controlled this forest for generations. Since he was the Alpha now, he needed to take that responsibility and follow his family traditions Jason was a nearly perfect Alpha, being twice as large as a Normal werewolf. His fur was as black as night and his eyes were as silver as the moon. He was feared throughout the area because of his brute strength and Toughness.

Being an Alpha, he was vary wise and powerful, for he needed to be in able to defend his territory and his pack. He gained these traits from his father, the previous Alpha of the pack. However, deep down in his heart, he was emotional, passionate, and kind. these traits he gained from his mother. Sadly, his parents were both killed when he was a child, so he was left alone as the last Mooneye Alpha. his Uncle took over until he was old enough, and then he drove out that pack that killed his parents However, lately, his pack has been attacked by a neighboring one, A pack that wanted the woods for themselves. But Jason knew what to do. he had now fear in his heart. He needed to repel and drive out this pack, just like how he did with the last one. he could not break the family traditions and lose his forest. While looking into the wood, Jason noticed a human in the distance. he went closer to investigate, for it could be an enemy. he jumped off his rock, and drew closer to the human, for he needed to know what came into his forest.

((Great picture! I just found one so I could put one there. Sorry it wasn't that one.))

Wynn knelt down and placed a finger to the water, lightly tapping the surface and watching it ripple. The whole place seemed to be out of a storybook. Fantastical and beautiful. Mysterious and puzzling. She wanted to better understand it. Desperately, perhaps. She really wanted to be a part of this world, because for so many years she felt as if it was always out of her reach. She'd read stories of how monsters were often destroyed by those who didn't understand them, but could anything bad really happen to her or her family? They weren't monsters. They didn't kill for pleasure or torment helpless people for fun. They were....upstanding people. They were reclusive, she'd admit, but they were also noble. If anything, she would consider them gentle. Given the fact she had read books with vampires in them, she knew that the outside world saw them strangely. But...surely....they'd accept her? She was just a girl wanting to better know them. 

She sighed, slowly raising back on her feet as she heard a noise. It wasn't loud, really. It was faint, but that could easily prove deadly. She spun around on the heel of her foot and looked around, eyes scanning the forest intently. Whatever it was probably hadn't run off. Surely she would've heard that. No, it was still lurking. Slowly, she moved towards a tree next to the water, placing her hand on the bark lightly. If need be, she was prepared to climb it. She could do it. If the creature climbed after her, so be it. If not, then that was just better for her. 

"Hello? Is someone there?" She tried to sound unimposing, perhaps to ensure the creature knew she didn't mean any harm. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she'd surely try if push came to shove. 

Getting a closer look at the girl, Jason was relived and somewhat disappointed. "Hmm, its just a human girl. she's no trouble, im wasting my time". The girl was vary attractive by human standards, but also looked vary fare and pale. she looked about his age and was wearing vary noble and fancy clothing. she seemed like a wanderer, just exploring his forest. However, just as Jason was about to leave something made him stay. something that the girl did that caught his attention

Jason was vary impressed that this Human girl had noticed him. His stealth skills were unmatched, his dark fur giving him good camouflage. This enabled him to go about his business in his forest, without drawing unwanted attention. She was the first to ever sense his presence without his permission, and from a significant distance as well. He was about twenty yards away from her, shielded by the green of the trees and bush. This only made him more curious about this new visitor, wanting to know more about her.

Jason stood there for a few moments, waiting to see what the girl would do. she obviously noticed his presence, but he wanted to see how she would react. her cry sounded vary imposing, almost frightened, her backing up against the large oak tree behind her. Jason found this vary typical, seeing that human girls were known to be cowardly from his experience. He decided to reveal himself to her, thinking that her seeing that he ment no harm to her that she would calm down and maybe even give him some information about who she was

@CalmingDestruction

Last edited by a moderator:
Wynn saw the wolf come out,  though she wasn't too concerned about any of it anyways. She'd read about things, and having explored before she'd known she would run into strange creatures. This one...however...seemed different. To the untrained eye, a normal wolf is all you'd see. But she knew better. He was much bulkier than a normal wolf. He seemed to carry a distinct scent to him. The atmosphere around him seemed to hold power and authority. A part of her whispered that she was facing a werewolf. After all, she'd never met a normal wolf that didn't growl and attack her on sight. Not that she'd ever met a wolf before to begin with. 

She took her hand away from the tree, staring at the creature with blue eyes in an attempt to search his features. She was curious, she'd admit, but she wasn't silly. She wouldn't get close to the thing. Not now. She couldn't fight something that size. 

"Seeing as I'm no trouble, I say you should head back where you came from." She felt silly, really. She didn't even know if the thing could talk. She sniffed the air once more. She knew he was dangerous in some way or another. She also knew she looked like any ordinary human, albeit paler. She was an easy target to him, probably, but she wasn't afraid. She kept her resolve. She looked at him curiously. "Unless you're going to give me some grand tour, that is." The comment came off as playful, but she took it lightheartedly. The creature would likely run off to where it belonged. 

@Akio Chikara

Jason giggled at her, his deep booming voice rumbling in his throat. *looks like I was wrong about this one. She's definitely more that the eye can see* he had never met such a courageous girl ever. The average human, girl or boy for that matter, would have run off. This made sense to him, since He was large a fearsome wolf, being closer to the size of a lion than a wolf. But not only did this girl not find him frightening, but she told him what to do, IN HIS FOREST.

"Listen here miss, your in no position to tell me where to go. Especially in my wood" he said, walking a little closer to her, trying to act intimidating. "But if its a tour you want, all you had to was was ask" he said giggling. This was his chance to learn more about this girl, maybe even where she came from 

@CalmingDestruction

Wynn stared at the creature curiously, watching him approach. She was almost worried, but then he spoke again. She smiled slightly, nodding. "Will you please give me a tour then?" She asked, tilting her head curiously and sticking out her lower lip in a pout. She had attempted to come off as playful, but she couldn't hold the expression for long. She quickly fell into a fit of laughter before slowly straightening back out and looking at him. "Will you tell me your name? I need to know who my tour guide is, right?" She took a step closer to him, holding her hands behind her back. 

He was a wolf. There was no doubt of that. She was a vampire, but so far she was certain he had no idea of that. She knew it was dangerous to associate with such a creature. She also knew her mother would faint at the sight of her not only sneaking out but seeking the companionship of a wolf. She smiled, despite this. "I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours." She promised. 

Jason was vary confused. This girl was fearless, But enough about that "follow me" he said, turning his body away from her "My name is Jason Mooneye, guardian of this wood" Jason said walking off, expecting the girl to follow "and what might your name be miss, and tell me why you stumbled into my forest"

Wynn walked along behind him, curiously looking around at the treetops above. "Wynn Emmerson is my name." She responded calmly, listening as she stepped on twigs and leaves. "I venture out at night from my home to explore. I've happened upon your woods multiple times. I suppose I'm lucky to not have encountered any trouble." 

Jason huffed as he walked on the forest floor. His steps were almost silent, for he knew how to carefully place his paws. His thick black fur made him almost invisible, making him like a shadow in the night. Only his glowing bright blue eyes could be seen, him looking back every minute or so to make sure that Wynn could see him. Wynn, what a nice name. "Your lucky that no other wolves from my pack have seen you. Unlike their Alpha, they arnt so respecting of outsiders" although he was vary curious on why Wynn had to venture from home. What compelled her to do so?

"I shouldn't have been so careless...Mother always says to watch the woods. That they're dangerous. You seem...rather hospitable, considering the stories I hear." She mumbled softly, watching his outline move throughout the woods. She could make out his figure due to her keen eyesight, but she was grateful that his blue eyes kept watch. "Perhaps I'll have to find another wood to explore." She said, shrugging lightly. This wood always enchanted her, but she wouldn't risk meeting any other wolves that weren't as friendly as him. After all, she was no daredevil. "Why are you so friendly? Despite my intrusion?" She listened to her footsteps against the ground, not minding the noise she made. The whistle of the wind against the trees soothed her. 

@Akio Chikara

Users who are viewing this thread

Back