• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Fugitives[rapjack123 and Maxwelle]

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter
This takes place in a time when half breeds had no rights and were taken prisoner, treated poorly, and sometimes even executed.

As much as she should be worried about sitting in the back of a government truck in shackles, she was a bit hopeful. Maybe, when she'd get there, Kameron would see her parents. She gave up fighting a while ago. She just hoped she wasn't taken to be executed.

Perry stayed quiet throughout the entire drive. The handcuffs were uncomfortable, the seat was uncomfortable, the fact that there was a guard with a gun sitting in front of him was VERY uncomfortable. Everything felt uncomfortable. Irritated, Perry simply kept his gaze looking forward until they got there. He couldn't believe how the entire time and effort he's put into not being caught, he managed to blow his cover by trying to stick up for some guy getting beaten in the streets.

When the truck stopped, they came and pulled her roughly from her place and dragged her into what appeared to be a run down camp. All around her half breeds moved about doing work or were being dragged around. Some were even being punished physically. She ducked her head and let the guards take her where they were taking her; a tent with bunks.

The truck suddenly stopped. The soldiers grabbed him and pushed him along, into the camp. What a morbid scene. All the looks on people's faces were downcast and defeated. They moved Perry along and he saw that some other prisoner's were also just entering the camp. Is this how far anti halfbreed ideas have gone?

An angry man was yelling over her, but she wasn't listening much. She caught "work" "rules" "punishment" and "bunks". It wasn't until he got in her face that she gave him her full attention. "Are you listening, mutt?" Mutt? First she was a Kirin not an Inugami. And second, how rude. Still she just gave a sigh and nodded.

Perry stood among the crowd, tuning out of the while speech they were giving them. He hadn't even realized it was over, until a soldier grabbed him by the hair and shoved him ahead. "Keep moving! You heard the man!" The soldier spat at him. No, actually I didn't, Perry thought as he moved along. The same soldier trailed him, shoving him with the butt of his gun every once in a while. "Would you quit that out?" Perry muttered. Suddenly, the soldier grabbed him by the collar. "What'd I just hear you say?" He asked, his voice deadly cool. God these guys are just LOOKING for a reason to beat us, Perry thought. But he wasn't going to play nice with them just because. "I said, stop doing that," he said, softly. The soldier chuckled. "And what if I didn't? Are you going to hit me?" The soldier mocked. Perry just shoved him off and kept walking. The soldier grew angry and pushed through the crowd to catch up to him. "Hey! Who do you think you are, walking away from me?" He shouted. Oh god... trouble on the first day, Perry thought.

Kameron saw trouble up ahead, between another Kirin and a soldier. Did it happen quite often? Would a fight ensue? She considered all of the half breeds family because that's how it had to be. Half breeds had nobody but each other. Seeing a camp like this broke her heart. She wasn't sure why but she followed the dispute, worried about its outcome. She found a nice little space between the tents, and when the other Kirin passed by it, she pulled him in it, hoping the guard would continue on. God, how she hated disputes.

Perry was expecting a hand to tug him on the soldier but when he looked to face that person he didn't expect to see another Kirin. "Wha-" he started to say, before he held up his finger, indicating to shush even though it was more for him than her. He waited for the guard to pass them before talking. "Uh.. thanks I guess.." he said, still whispering a bit so that he wouldn't get caught.

Kameron shuffled her feet anxiously. She still wasn't sure about much but she was sure she didn't want to see anyone get hurt, especially another Kirin. So she nodded at him with a smile. "Of course. Half breeds have to stick together after all." Figuring staying in the enclosed space for too long would cause trouble, she stepped out, hoping to find the group they'd been in before they noticed their absence. "And where have you been?" The large soldier asked from earlier. "Exploring?" Her voice came out meekly and she averted her eyes. "Exploring doesn't cut it." Then the soldier grabbed her by the horn on her head and pulled her away from the group, to give her a threatening lecture. "Ouchie!" She wasn't listening much anyway,

Perry gave a small smile until suddenly a soldier came and grabbed her by the horn and pulled her away. Perry was stunned for a moment simply by the sheer surprise of the soldier having pulled her away. Then he grew angry. He stormed up to the soldier and pushed him off the girl, even he barely budged. He didn't care though. He was sick of all this crap that these guys kept pulling on the half breeds. "Hey! Watch it, amigo," he said, as he tried, and failed, to size up the soldier. "Oh yeah?" He said, as the other one that was looking for him before started walking to them. The soldier grabbed Perry and hit him across the face with the butt of his gun. "Ack!" Perry cried, out as he lurched to the side from the impact.

Kameron gasped when the Kirin from earlier pulled the soldier off of her. She would have been grateful and shown so had it not suddenly turned worse when they started to hit the guy. This, she would not stand for. He had been so brave and they'd only punished him for it... No more holding back. She lunged at the soldier, her brute strength giving her the upper hand, and they both went to the ground. They'd become a tussling mess, trying to land hits on each other. It was only a matter of time before back up came but she didn't care.

Perry got up quickly, only to see that the girl was attacking the soldier. He himself began walking to join the brawl before the soldier that had it out for him from before pulled him away. Perry wasn't the strongest Kirin out there but he wasn't afraid to fight. Perry landed a punch to the nose and tackled him, both of them fell to the ground. Other soldiers grabbed him, and Perry failed saying, "Let me go!" The soldiers pulled him away from the girl and onto the court yard.

Kameron sure put up a fight. Soldiers lay around her wounded and sore. But they kept coming. She tried to assist the other half breed, but they'd pulled him away too quickly. And then they brought out the tazors. Yes, the tazors. While she may be strong, she wasn't fast enough to escape those. Kameron went limp after the shock went through her and they'd taken advantage of that, cuffing her, and dragging her off to god knows where. The bunks? Solitary confinement? She was too dazed to really care, she just hoped the Kirin was okay.

The soldier that grabbed him shoved into the courtyard. "It seems we haven't drilled the message into that think skull of yours hard enough," he said, his voice deadly cool. A soldier walked up to him and handed him a whip. Another soldier came and tied his hands to a pole in the center of the courtyard. "I'm gonna make this clear for everyone here!" He called out. "Know your place.. and you won't end up like him!" He said, lashing out at Perry with his whip. He arched his back and grunted from the pain. The soldiers watching snickered as they watched Perry getting whipped. And each lash hurt more than the last. Each lash seemingly taking an eternity to let the blood trickle down his back before striking him again.

It wasn't long before Kameron was wandering out of the tent, rubbing her head, groggy. She walked out into the square and froze. The Kirin from earlier... He was a bloody mess, an amusing show for the guards... Running forward, she shoved the whipper as hard as she could who flew into the crowd. With a tight tug, she ripped away his restraints and picked him up as gently as she could. "Sorry," she murmured, fearing she might've upset his wounds. And then she ran. Ran as fast as she could.

Perry wasn't even thinking straight. He was dazed and felt numb all over his back. He looked up and saw the Kirin that fought earlier carrying him. Several guards jumped in their way, guns pointed at them. "Get back into your bunks... NOW" They commanded. They began stepping forward in unison. If she so much as made a move they would fire. "Don't try to escape..." Perry muttered. "At least not now... I don't want you to get hurt for my sake," he said, his voice croaked, his throat felt dry and ravaged.

The Kirin girl frowned, feeling miserable about the situation. "Just help him..." Kameron murmured, sinking in defeat. She stood still allowing them to come forward but not releasing her grip on him.

The soldiers lowered their guns. They took both of them to the man with the whip. "Throw them into their bunks.. get them out of my sight," he said. The soldiers then took the two of them into their tents. "Don't cause any more trouble. It'll never end well," they warned before leaving them. Perry sank into the bunk, as soon as he did so he regretted it. "Argh," he said as he flinched, turning over, revealing countless lash marks and blood splattered on his back.

Kameron stood quickly, tearing a large piece of a sheet from one of the empty bunks and ran wet it under a spigot she found closeby. Quickly returning to the wounded Kirin, she did her best to be gentle as she cleaned the gashes.

"Ah!" Perry cried out as the girl dabbed his lash marks with water. They stung immensely. He was breathing heavily, each dab felt like sword getting lodged on his back. Even though he knew the girl was helping him, the pain was almost unbearable. He clenched his teeth and held tight fists, trying to withstand the pain.

Kameron backed away quickly at his first cry of agony. "I'm so sorry... " she murmured, his distraught sounds almost bringing tears to her eyes. "If I don't clean them, they will get infected and hurt worse..." she explained. After a few more minutes of tending to his wounds, she used the rest of the sheet to create a makeshift bandage. After that was done, she collapsed on her bunk which happened to be beside his, staring up at the top of the tent.

Perry nodded. He let the girl continue dabbing his wounds and wrap bandages around practically his entire torso. After a while, Perry dragged him into his bunk, lying down on his side because of his wounds. He realized the girl was just next to him. "Thank you..." he muttered. He still felt slight stinging sensations on his back but it was nowhere near what he was feeling before. He was grateful that the girl helped him. Perry doubted anyone else had the courage she had to try to help him. Most were too afraid.

Kameron turned her head to give him a gentle smile. "Of course." Noticing he looked a lot better than before, she felt relieved. For a bit she was afraid he'd... Shaking away the thought and dreadful feeling. "How are you feeling?" she asked, wanting to get his word rather than appearance. Obviously, he was in pain, but she still wanted to ask

Perry stared blankly in front of him. "I feel... better," he said. Maybe physically he felt better. But mentally he was worse. This place was a hell hole. And there was almost no chance of being able to get out. Perry stayed deep in thought. It was still only the afternoon. Maybe he could grab some lunch soon? Although he doubted it could even be considered a meal. Even by his standards, it'd probably end up being a few meager rations. He sat up on hi bunk, watching his head. As much as he wanted to have SOMETHING to eat.. he didn't feel like going outside.. ever.

"That's good," Kameron said, sounding rather deflated. The atmosphere was depressing in itself. She stood and stretched a bit. "I'm going out for a few moments. Do you need water, food, anything while I go?" Remembering the distinct possibility of her parents being here, she decided to walk around the place for a few minutes and maybe find their infirmary tent and steal some bandages.

Perry stood up. He had nothing else to do. "No I'm fine... I guess I could walk around for a bit.. find out if there's food available," he said. Perry really didn't want to feel alone in a place like, even though he's been alone for pretty much his entire life. This place was desolate. A little company couldn't hurt so he decided to follow the girl, especially just in case she got herself into trouble again... or even him.

Kameron watched him with concern when he stood but seeing as though he appeared fine, she relaxed. "Okay, just be careful okay?" As they exited the tent, she took another glance at him as they walked side by side. "What's your name?" she asked, realizing she still didn't know it.

Perry nodded and walked with her, before realizing she had asked his name. "Oh! Uh.. sorry I didn't say earlier but... Perry," he said, holding out his hand a sign of a formal meeting. Perry kept a watchful eye for any soldiers nearby, not wanting any trouble.

"Hiya, Perry. I'm Kameron. Nice to meet you," Kameron said with a smile, taking his hand. How strange how they had come to know each other with such a violent situation. She looked around at the tents, wondering which one might contain the eating area.

"He-" Perry was saying before Kam took his hand. He was rather taken aback that Kam wanted to hold his hand. "Nice to meet you too," he ended up saying. He didn't object to Kam holding his hand.. it was just.. he wasn't expecting it. Perry looked for a place where they might find food. "Maybe it isn't lunch time yet?" He asked, wondering if that was the case.

Kameron ducked her head, embarrassed. "Uhh, sorry. Just to be safe, you know?" She said murmured awkwardly. She glanced around at the tents again and figured there wouldn't be harm in exploring anyway. She lef him along gently, saying ,"Well, let's find out."

Perry nodded. "It's fine," he said, looking at some of the tents. He then walked over to one, a soldier standing at the entrance. "Hey.. you don't suppose we could find food here?" Perry asked. The soldier looked at him. "You'll get it when we say, so shove off, don't you have work to do?" The soldier snapped back. Perry frowned. "Have you eaten?" He asked the soldier. The soldier looked at him, confused. "Uh.. no," he said. Perry turned and walked away. "Not now but soon. If the soldiers haven't eaten either, it's safe to assume that there is a set time where we'll all eat," he said. Perry shot a glance back at the soldier, and caught him with a hand on his stomach. "Very soon.." he said, happy to have been able to pull out the information he needed.

Kameron watched the interaction with a small sense of admiration. Sneaky, sneaky... "You're rather clever," she commented when Perry walked back over. A small part of her wondered what the soldier had mean by work. What is it they did? But she waved away the though, figuring she'd find out eventually and asked, "So what now?

Perry gave Kam a sly smile. "I'm not the strongest guy out there.. so I make up for it with this," he said, tapping his head. Perry then shrugged. "If there's something you wanted to do we could do that, but for now, all I wanted to do was find out when we could eat," Perry said.

"Okay..." Kameron murmured, trailing off as as spotted a familiar couple. She wandered off dazed, and tapped them on the shoulder. When they turned she apologized, disappointed. It was likely her parents weren't here. Hoping only broke her heart. Kameron sauntered back, like nothing had happened and said, "I don't really mind... What if we find the infirmary tent? I'll snag some better bandages."

Perry watched as Kam wandered off for a moment, then came back with a rather downed look. He raised his eyebrow but didn't ask her anything about it. It was probably personal information that she might not be comfortable with sharing. "Uh... I mean. I'm ok really, these bandages are fine," he said, scratching the back of his head. Perry still looked for the infirmary tent though. It'd be useful later to know where to go if there was an emergency.

Kameron followed behind him. Ever since he'd got hurt, she felt the distinct need to protect him. Why? She didn't know. Maybe it was the fact that she'd met someone in the same situation as her. Maybe it was that they were the same race. Maybe it was just the kind of person she was. But she'd do her best nonetheless. Passing the tents they did, she peaked in them as inconspicuously as she could to see what they were.

Perry kept walking until he found a tent with beds and some people lying on them, being tended to by.. nurses? He guessed that this was the infirmary tent. "I think is it," he said. Perry didn't really mind, but he was.. well.. how should he put this.. glad that Kam cared for him? Perry smiled, mused by the thought. He looked at Kam again then back at the tent.

Kameron peeked her head in the tent Perry was looking into. The Infirmary. She watched the nurses and noted the various items in the tent. If they ever needed any of the items how would they get them? "Are you sure about the bandages?" she asked quietly, turning to Perry.

Perry nodded, "it's fine," he said, even though his back was littered with blotches of red, most of the bleeding has stopped by now. Perry looked back into the infirmary. "There are people that need the bandages more than I do," he said.

Kameron frowned. She debated on arguing it over or not getting him bandages, both unappealing. Maybe she'd just sneak back later and get him some. Everyone, to her, was equally deserving to such things. After observing him closely and deciding it might be okay to leave without bandages for now, she smiled at him. Changing the topic, she said, "Want to head back to the bunks then, or...?"

Perry nodded. "Sure.. no point in walking around until lunch comes around," he said, turning to go walk to the bunks. Suddenly, a bell was heard, and suddenly everyone began making their way to a large tent. "Hm?" Perry muttered, as he looked over at the tent. Could that be the lunch call?

"I guess so." Kameron said with a smile. Following Perry over to the tent, she tried not to draw attention to them. Apparently they weren't so popular among the crowd so far

Perry walked to the tent and sure enough, everyone was being handed... a loaf of bread. That was it? Perry stole glances at the soldiers who were have soups and meat.. full meals basically. All they were going to get was bread. Perry got in line. "Welp.. looks like we're gonna have to find a way to get around this tricky one bread per prisoner business," he muttered to make sure no one heard.

Kameron nodded, looking around at the soldiers in the tent. "What if I distract them and you take some extra since you're fast," she offered with a smile. Not only was nourishment important but it seemed like an enticing challenge

Perry thought for a moment. It wasn't like he couldn't get something a little extra by himself but the prize was better if he had Kam distract for him. And that removed the headache of pulling it from right under their noses. "Sure," he said, as the line moved and they got closer. "First let's grab our rations.. then see what else we could get," he told her

"Good idea," Kameron murmured, moving through the line and taking what was rudely given to her. "Should we leave it in the tent?"She asked, looking up to him. Kameron decided to leave Perry in charge of everything since he was very clever.

Perry exited the line and held up one piece bread. He lifted his shirt and revealed a second piece of bread. "I slipped a hand on a second one as they were handing me this," he said. "I'll split it with you later but I'm keeping it hidden for now," he said, keeping his voice to minimum. "I'll think we should head back then come back for a little more.. even with this extra loaf.. I could hardly call this a meal," he said, disgruntled.

Kameron nodded and followed him out of the tent. "That's pretty nifty," she commented with an amazed smile, walking backwards in front of him. "But even if that's all we get, I'd prefer you keep the whole thing. How are you supposed to heal up good without proper food? Even if it is only two loaves of bread." She realized she was rambling and closed her mouth.

Perry quietly raised a finger to his lips. "Remember to stay hush hush," he said, softly with a smirk. It was nice of Kam to care for him. But he shook his head. "There's no point in you sacrificing your own health for mine... I'll split it with you," he said, refraining from using the word bread.

"Sorry," Kameron whispered, covering her mouth with her hands in dismay. The second sentence came out wearily. "If you say so..." When they arrived at the tent, she ducked inside, holding the tarp open for him. He was kind but Kameron felt so useless to him when it came to things like this. The only thing she was good for was throwing a strong punch. "So, what's the plan?" She asked, wondering if he had one that might involve his clever strategy.

Perry thought for a moment. "Ok... first," he said as he broke a small piece off his loaf and hid inside a random prisoner's bunk. "I overheard a conversation from nearby soldiers. Apparently they inspect the tents for any extra food. So leave are share here.. and this," he said, holding up the extra loaf. "Needs to stay with us. When that other prisoner gets caught, that'll throw any suspicion off us. Besides, we already have bad rep for earlier," he said. "So here's what we're going to do. And I'm bettin that the guards like taking a little more than their share too... so. Distract a few of them, and I'll slip the food from their pockets," he said. It seemed like a simple plan, but it was tricky, especially if they got caught.

Kameron nodded, a determined look on her face. She placed her bread in Perry's hands and began walking to the entrance of the tent. "I'll go ahead of you so they don't see us together." With a final reassuring grin, she walked out of the tent and toward the food tent. Once she arrived, a group of louder soldiers could be heard having a conversation near the corner and decided on her target.

Perry followed discreetly after Kam. After seeing who she was eyeing, he moved into position. After that he simply waited for her to make her move, hoping his gamble that the soldiers did indeed have extra food on them turned out to be true

Kameron glanced over at Perry for a fraction of a second before stepping forward. She lightly tapped one of them on the shoulder. "Excuse me..." She began meekly. Clearing her throat, she made her voice more even. "I was told by some soldier that you were easily beaten. I disagreed however." She pointed to a guard beside the one she spoke to. "Him." This sent the guards into a little argument. Kameron hoped it was enough. Good they were arrogant and stupid.

Perry mused himself at how easily Kam got them to be distracted. He swung his long tail from side to side as he made his way behind the guards. Quickly he probed for food. What he found was... golden. An energy bar and some more bread. As he walked away, pocketing the food he heard one of the guards behind him cry out. His ear flicked their direction. "What the hell? Where's my food?!" A soldier cried out. Just then some more shouting came from their tent. A soldier came out with a prisoner. "What do you think you're doing with this?" The soldier demanded of the prisoner, holding up the loaf of bread that Perry had placed under the bunk. At least that would give them time to get back. Perry grabbed Kam and began walking away. "Got it.. let's make sure we're out of the picture before we're suspected too."

Kameron followed Perry closely staring at the scene erupting behind her. It had only taken a few moments to turn sour. Perry's quick thinking really had saved them multiple times. She watched him curiously as they walked away. "They had food?" Kameron questioned. "Sneaky, sneaky," she giggled

Perry smirked as he walked behind another tent where they couldn't be seen. He then pulled out the energy bar and the extra bread. "I'd say we eat this now that, we won't get caught cause the food would be too busy in our stomach," he said. Perry chuckled. "I picked up these tricks on the streets," he said, opening the energy bar and breaking it in half. "Eat up," he murmured so that no one who happened to be close suspected anything

Kameron gave him a small smile and gratefully took half of the bar. Once she finished her portion, she thanked Perry and slid down to the ground with a sigh. Maybe it was the long day that had her so moody but she looked up at Perry and said, "This is a sad way to live..." If she could, she'd just run away from the place as far as she could but she knew the soldiers would just kill her. Besides, the thought of leaving her new friend made her sad even if they'd only known each other a few hours, even if it meant leaving

Perry nodded. "It is... which why I'm planning to bust outta here," he said softly. Perry ate his bar then, took the extra bread, splitting it amongst them equally. "Glad we could get enough food for something that might be called a meal," he said

"I see." Kameron said, nibbling on the bread. She nodded, glad they had managed to successfully. After that, she didn't talk much as she stared at the ground, somewhat spacey.

Perry ate his bread and looked at Kam. "Whatcha thinking about?" He asked, noticing that she seemed really deep in thought

"Lots of things. Like why they hate us so much... It makes me sad because I'm sure if they'd open their hearts we'd all live together peacefully..." Her eyes remained on the ground but somewhat grew sadder as she talked,.

Perry nodded as she said that. He thought about it every single day. "They hate is because they don't understand us and because we're too different from them," Perry said simply. He finished the last part of the bread. "I think we could head back and finish the rest of our-" "Meal?" A voice said behind him. It was soldier Perry was having problems with before. Bad... very bad.. how long had he been watching? Did he see the food they had? If he did, they were a goner, so Perry would HAVE to assume he didn't if they stood a chance at getting out of this fix.

Kameron froze up. "S-Sorry, sir! We're new here and we weren't sure if we weren't allowed to eat our food outside so if we could just..." She rambled, instantly feeling stupid for speaking up. Her voice became a squeak near the end and she ducked her head, preparing for a possible outbreak.

Perry noticed that Kam faltered and immediately moved to take over from their. "Hey... if you don't mind she was talking to me about something personal. Can't we have a little privacy?" Perry told the soldier. The soldier became confused for a moment then regained a serious expression. "No... get back in your tents," he said. Perry sighed a relief. At least they weren't suspected of having extra food. As they were directed back into their tents, Perry exchanged a sly glance at Kam

As they walked back to their tent, Kameron kept her gaze focused on the ground, embarrassed that she could have possibly got them in trouble. Perry's quick thinking saved them again. She felt his eyes on her but couldn't bring up the courage to look up until they got to the tent, making a silent promise to be more helpful next time.

Perry waited for the guard to leave. Then he sat on his bunk and pulled out his original bread. "Ah... smooth as can be," he said, sighing happily. Perry glanced at Kam, remembering her disappointed look on her face. "Hey.. don't sweat it. I've done this sort of stuff for years. Once you get the hang of it you'll do fine. I'm sure you're a quick learner," he said, giving a small smile and taking a bite of his bread.

Kameron sprawled on her own bed with a stretch. She looked over at Perry and gave a small hopeful smile. "I certainly hope so," Kameron responded with a voice just above a whisper. It would make sense Perry would be experienced in the matter then. Although she'd spent time running on the streets to, her way of fleeing was... A little less practical.

Perry kept munching on his bread. "Are you gonna have your bread?" He asked her. Perry let his thoughts drift to other matters... like how they would escape. After thinking for a while he gave up cause he was starting to get a headache. Too much thinking in one day and he wasn't exactly at his best considering he'd just been whipped on the very first day.

"No," Kameron responded with a sigh. Leaning over the gap between the beds, she placed it beside him. "You can have it if you want. If not frame another prisoner," she added, with a little laugh. Noticing his wary look, she frowned, asking, "Are you okay?"

Perry chuckled. Soon his expression turned a little more serious. "You should have it though. Who knows when the next time we'll be able to make a score like this'll be," he said, handed her the bread while taking another bite of his. "You seem to be thinking about something. What's up?" Perry asked.

Kameron took back the bread gently, laying back in her bed and taking small nibbles of the loaf. It was nice that Perry cared enough to give her the bread back anyway, it made her happy. However she was feeling very doubtful. "I've always tried to be positive. I guess I'm running low on positivity..."

Perry nodded. He knows that feeling all too well. "Sometimes when that happens... I just don't think about how bad things are. I focus on simply... living," he said, taking one last bite of his bread. Sure things were bad now... but it couldn't always be that way, right? If so... Perry figured he might as well learn to dance in the rain. Improvise... that's what he's always done in tough situations

Kameron's smile widened as Perry spoke. She couldn't help but think he had this calming air to him. "That's not bad advice." A part of her wondered though how many friends he could make living his life on the streets. "Do you ever get lonely?" She asked, meeting his gaze evenly, her expression filled with curiosity.

Perry looked up at Kam. "Plenty of times. Sure I have friends but we're only that way cause we both know that one is beneficial to the other... mostly self gain for both sides. I've never had any REAL friends at least," he muttered, disgruntled. Almost everything he's ever learned to grow up with.. is how to fend for yourself. But being that he's never had a friendship, Perry feels a strong need for those in need of help, hoping that he could be friends with those people. A lot like Kam. Maybe they've only met on the first day, but she was nice enough and they seemed to work well together

"I see," Kam began, watching him intently. She sat up and faced him with a warm smile. "Well, we're friends right? And real friends, not the beneficial kind. Even if you're really helpful, I like you for you." Kameron might not have been skilled in a social aspect but she meant well. To Kam, Perry was her friend and she didn't see it another way.

Perry nodded and smiled. "Yeah... we are friends," he said, warmly. He looked at Kam. She did feel like a real friend to him. And this friendship is something he'd take great value in

"Good," Kameron said, beaming at Perry. She laid back down and continued to smile, even if only a little bit. She was glad Perry agreed. They'd only just met and she knew she cared about him. It seemed such a thing as friendship would be vital in a place like this. Not to mention, when she first met Perry she hoped they'd become friends.

Perry smiled and lied down. The sun had already set and the darkness was quickly falling. The prisoners were settling into their bunks for the night. He looked up at the top of the tent. First day could have a lot of negatives in it. Lots of em. But he at least had one positive, and that was making a new friend. Perry believed that one positive outweighed all the other negatives by a mile.

Within a few moments Kameron was breathing evenly, curled up on her side. Her hands were tucked under her head and she murmured something a couple minutes later that was hardly coherent. She meant to stay up longer but found that it had been hard to keep her eyes open and soon drifted off.

"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY UP!" a loud clanging snapped Perry awake. He groaned. Oh... that's right. Prison camp. "Wake up!" The soldier bellowed, hitting Perry on the head. He flinched. "What the he-" Perry looked up, noticing everyone was already out of their bunks. Perry rubbed his eyes and jumped down from his bunk

Kameron rolled over and murmured softly, "Morning...?" She still seemed half asleep till one of the men walked over and picked her up by her horn and set her, less than gently on the ground. "Ouchie!" She cried, glaring crossly at his receding back. When she saw Perry, Kameron smiled and said, "Morning, although I wouldn't say good."

Perry chuckled, still groggy. He shot a glare at the soldier that pulled Kam by the horn. His long tail swayed from side to side as he walked over to help her up. "Morning," he said, offering her his hand

Kameron took Perry's hand with a grateful expression. "I wonder what time it is... And what they expect us to do." Kam pondered aloud. If the task was too great, she planned on sneaking away, and inviting Perry as well. It just didn't sit right with her to simply give in to the soldiers wishes so easily. She glanced quizzically over at Perry and asked, "Aside from the obvious despair of this horrid camp, how are you feeling?"

@rapjack123

(*gulp* O.o mother of all posts...)

Perry shrugged. "Probably early enough that some of the soldiers themselves question why they do it," he said. The soldiers was having everyone lined up outside. Perry's blood from yesterday's whipping still splashed next to the pole he was tied to. "Feeling better I guess," he said, rather carelessly. He waited to see what the soldiers would order them to do and simply stood among the organized group of prisoners.

(Don't judge it O_O.. I'd to think it was worth it xD Hey, what kind of things should they make the prisoners do? I was thinking while some did over excessive work, others did things for the guards entertainment like fighting each other and doing impossible tasks.)

Kameron chuckled at Perry's first answer and followed everyone outside. At his next response her face turned serious. "If you hurt or happen to need anything, please don't brush it off." Within a few moments she went back to her friendly demeanor, watching the soldiers with a bit of disdain.

(Hey I don't judge xD it was worth lol I'm thinking they'd both get impossible tasks because of what happened yesterday so yeah.. I'll let you decide what the soldiers tell Kam to do)

The soldiers dismissed groups of prisoners until they got to Perry and Kam. "You two... come with me," the soldier said, pulling them both from the crowd and taking them away. The soldier then pointed to Perry, his ears perked to listen to what he had to say. "You're going to be dragging the rocks," he said. Perry discolored a little bit. He was most definitely not the most built person out there. Perry wasn't so much of a buff guy. He was lean, built for speed, not power. Nonetheless, a soldier pushed him along where prisoner's were already loading large rocks into a netted bag attached to a harness. "What are these even for?" Perry retorted. "They're for infrastructure. We make new buildings here with your rocks so get to work," the soldier snapped. Perry quietly began to put on the harness and shit a glance back at Kam.

(I can't think of much so hers might sound lame >.<)

Perry? Handling rocks after his injury? The thought worried her but she knew there wasn't much she could do. "You," The soldier said, turning to Kameron who stiffened when he focused his glare on her. "Since you're so strong... you can hunt the wolves." Kameron blinked. "Wolves?" He handed her a thick wooden branch which was somewhat pointier on one end though would barely be enough to leave a bruise. "Yes, wolves. There are wolves around the camp living in the forest that take our food. Come back after you've killed a couple." Kameron shook her head meekly. The thought of harming a woodland creature made her sad. Not to mention, she was fast, but not that fast. "If you're not back by sundown, we'll go after you and kill you. Don't think it'd be easy to escape, there are patrols around the forest perimeter." With that, he began dragging her away and she sent a worried look Perry's way.

(I like how you made it so they should actually switch tasks and that way everyone's happy xD )

Perry took a deep breath then took a step. He grunted under the pressure. It was unbearably heavy. His shoulders were sore from the whipping and his legs labored with each step. Before long he was breathing heavily and exhausted. He wasn't even done with the first trip. Where did they want him to go anyway? "Dump them over there," the soldier said, answering his question. It seemed to be a loading area to this plant that looked like it was turning the rocks into cement for use later. Perry finally reached it and dropped off the load. It was a huge relief to him... but now he had to go back for another one.

Kameron walked slowly deeper into the forest holding the stick more like a shield than a weapon. "Here doggys," she called sheepishly. After a few moments she heard a slow snarl emit from a nearby bush. "I... I'm sorry." The wolf leapt from the bushes and she held up the stick to block it's fangs. With a swift throw, she tossed the canine off her and ran away almost comically with her tail between her legs.

Perry went back and forth, carrying even larger loads than before. Each one even more dreadfully long than the last. They couldn't have given him a better job. The soldiers were getting pissed because he was moving too slow and we're now throwing threats of more whipping if he didnt move faster.

It was getting later and the colors were starting to fade from the sky. Kameron hurried into the camp entrance, covered in bite marks, scratches, and bruises. Her hair was a mess and despite all this she couldn't bring herself to even kill one. She did however grab a tuft of fur hoping the guards would buy it. She worried about Perry who was likely hurting badly by this point. One of the men stopped her and she held out the tuft. "You were supposed to bring them back!" He sent a rough shove to her back and she fell hard into the dirt. "A slacker isn't an eater." He said, dragging her away to the tent. "What about Perry? Did the rocks hurt him?" The soldier gave Kam a weary look obviously not knowing of her friend. "Are you raving mad?!"

Perry was barely moving at this point. The harness dug into his shoulders reopening a few wounds from yesterday. His legs barely supported him and he was covered in sweat and dirt. "Bah! You're useless! We got way less than yesterday! You think you're weak now? We'll see you even weaker without food to eat," the soldier told him. "Finish this one already, then I'll let you go. I outta make you go all night but I'm being nice," the soldier told him. Perry doubted he'd even make it to the loading station. It seemed so far away and the walk was taxing on his body.

As the soldier dragged her by her arm, Kameron spotted Perry dragging a sack of rocks and obviously looking at his breaking point. She shrugged off the man's grasp and ran over, lifting the entire sack over her shoulder. "C'mon let's hurry before they see," Kameron said gently referring to the soldiers who had engaged in conversation.

Perry looked up at Kam. The expression on his face was one of utter gratefulness. Thank god for Kam's help. Perry moved as fast he could, trying his best not to burden Kam. By the looks of it, she also had a rough day. "Thank you," he managed to say as they reached the loading station. Perry dropped the harness and staggered, his legs buckling under the sudden release of weight.

With a sad expression, Kameron carefully picked Perry up and began to carry him back to the tent with a small limp. "This isn't fair..." Kameron murmured in an almost inaudible tone, biting back tears. Seeing all of this had her overwhelmed. Once they arrived at the tent, she laid him in his bunk. "I'll be right back." Then she turned to leave.

Perry nodded, thankful for her help. He mused at the thought that it was Kam, a girl, carrying him, a guy. Most would think it the other was the other way around. "Thanks... again, I guess," he said, smiling gratefully. He let out a sigh as he rested on his bed. It felt good to rest finally

Exiting the tent, Kameron made her way to where the food tent was. It was obvious Perry needed to lie down so she'd pick it up for him. Although, she was unaware of what the guard said. "Why not?" The soldier gave her a look like he was tasting something bitter. "Because he's a slacker!" Kam was sent away after that but quickly turned back and ducked behind the food service counter. She grabbed a cup of gravy and a loaf of bread and tucked them under the tent hiding them outside out of view. Shortly after, she was caught and thrown out. After that, she went to the nurses tent and managed to get a single roll of gauze, that task being easier. Then, she made her way back to Perry, happy that she hadn't run into much trouble and proud she hadn't been stupid enough to make a mistake. "Perry," she called gently when she walked up to him.

Perry opened his eyes after having rested for a bit. "Yeah?" He said, looking up and seeing Kam walking up to him. "What's up?" Perry asked, sitting up. He moved his shoulders a bit. They were sore from today. He never wanted to have to do that again. Then he looked at the cuts and bruises Kam had. What in hell did they make her do anyway?

"I have food and gauze!" Kameron said triumphantly. She handed Perry the food and raised the gauze. "Want me to bandage you with real bandages?" She asked. Her voice was light and cheery but a little hysterical around the edges. Still, the day was over and they were allowed rest which was good... right?

Perry smiled. He took the food and took a small bite out of it. Then Perry broke off half of it and offered it to Kam. "Take it, you need to eat too," he said. When Kam asked if he wanted to be rebandaged Perry looked at his shoulders where the harness was digging into. It was red with dried up blood. "Yeah... I guess it would be best if I changed these," Perry said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back