• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Fruits of Our Sins (A Zombie Survival RP IC)

"Walk with me for the last time, would you?" Her voice was frail. Body shaken and broken. Lee wasn't sure what creaked more, the decaying spring mattress or the older woman rising from it. Lee took her hand. It seemed pale, emaciated, just like the rest of her. Hair clung to the woman's clothes, what was left from the sickness had begun falling out, too weak to be sustained by the body. In a time before the darkness of the world, Amelia, the older woman, would've gone through rounds of radiation and chemotherapy to cure her cancer. It might have been a relatively easy fix, but in a world like this, it was nothing more than a death sentence. A long, drawn out, death sentence.

Amelia kept eye contact with Lee, brushing the tears gently off the young girls face. 'No pity', Amelia had told her, 'Pity means weakness, and you can not afford to be weak.' Lee had spent about three months at the side of Amelia, tending to her aches and pains, attempting to make the rest of her life as comfortable as she could. Of course, no one was ever comfortable anymore, not really.

Saying nothing the two walked hand in hand, Lee's arms wrapped around the older woman's breakable body, supporting her as they walked through the small apartment, looking out above the city. Sky bridges had been built between what used to be skyscrapers, and though they weren't entirely safe, they were something. Some sort of remain from the world before this one. The apartments were divvied out to people based on currency and ability to work, as was the usual in any kind of 'town'. However, when Amelia died, Lee would no longer have a home. No apartment, no town, no family. Nothing but herself and the drive to find something more.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Amelia spoke of the sunset, falling in the background, both had only stopped so far from the apartment, taking in the sights and smells. Sure, it wasn't roses and rainbows, but it was peaceful, and a sense of nostalgia washed over the dying woman. For the first time in a very long time, she felt alive. "Take me home won't you, Eugenia?" Lee hated it when people used her real name, but she was willing to make an exception considering what she was about to do. The walk back to the apartment was quick, too quick, and before they knew it, both women were sitting on the old mattress.

Lee let Amelia lay down, let her close her eyes, let her remember the heat of the sunlight, and the warmth of love.This is what Amelia wanted. She wanted to go peacefully, she begged to go peacefully, and Lee knew no matter what, this was the best way to stop her suffering. Kissing the old woman on the forehead, she inserted the needle into Amelia's arm, and before she knew it, Lee was the only heartbeat left in the room. The only endless, lonely heartbeat.

She packed her things, sat out on the sky bridge, and sobbed. A silent, racking sob. This was her life. This was what always happened when she loved, and so, the cycle repeated.

Archie McKeegan
The Scotsman wasn't the sort to settle. The lively, nomadic hopping had been in his blood long before the End. Travelling from lumberyard to lumberyard, carried on the winds of constant change, never once thinking what would happen if he remained. Never once thinking - there could be a future in staying. Now, in the aftermath of plague, Archie grieved his losses. The golden-hearted girls who could've been wives, and the intimacies that could've been children. In this climate; something that had little possibility of coming to pass. It wasn't safe anymore. It was never safe. For a few months, a year, a decade - they would always crumble. And there would always be casualties - of those he swore would never be his own kin.

Usually, McKeegan worked for bed and board, occasionally selling off the bounties of his snares and pelts from his luck hunting in exchange for necessities. Gold and diamonds had all but lost their value, unless you met a few of the preening peacocks who felt as if they already had it all and it was there you witnessed the ugliness of the human race. Dressing in the glittering shards of the broken world where they once had nothing. Often he couldn't blame them, but the obsessions and cruelty founded in greed were far too much, especially for a self-proclaimed honest man.

Archie proved this point. Brow practically dripping perspiration whilst pushing clumsily made ploughs and lifting sacks of compost for the farms cultivated on the skyscrapers rooftops. It was labouring which tired the big man, yet it was work that made you proud. Results were built from the ground up to be admired. He'd always been the type to learn hands-on, rather than sit around in a classroom waiting to be handed a sheet that determined your life on spelling tests.

Dipping his head beneath the tap for the water-tank, he washed his face and scrubbed at his nails, filling up his plastic water bottle to knock it back. Adam's apple bobbing with each gulp of the cold, numbing liquid. Only pausing to breathe once he'd satisfied his thirst. Changing shirts - a luxury by that point - he made himself respectable in a frayed but thick flannel button-up. A little big around his stomach, but one couldn't be picky when you wore a dead man's clothes, right? It was the only thing that fit his frame, and he wasn't about to complain. Not even when he looked like a ridiculous version of Paul Bunyan. Thrusting his half torn thermal t-shirt into the bottom of his bag, Archie collected his plastic milk bottles, freshly brimming with the water he'd been promised and stood up both in his rucksack, making sure they wouldn't squash anything before zipping up.

He'd dined with the strangers in the apartment block a night before, making deals for water and food enough to last him a few days in exchange for an extra pair of hands (although considering Archie, he could've easily doubled as two hands in one). One of the best offers he'd had in a while. They'd even offered to let him stay longer, but he suspected it wasn't worth it in the long run. As insulting as it sounded, he'd been watching the world as a survivor. Not a fella looking to shack up for a life of agriculture in a building. No, what Archie wanted was a field; hills; highlands. Somewhere like home. Somewhere - the disease couldn't touch. A fantasy.

Moving through the apartment and waving his farewells, the Scotsman left. Again. "Another day, another destiny-" He muttered, laughing at the absurd notion. Nevertheless, it was a cheerful start. Even if the landscape seemed greyer in the darker days of Earth. Alas, maybe the destiny he mocked would have a hand to play in the times to come. Climbing over the sky bridges between apartments, down and across, before down again - he came upon the girl. Shoulders shaking like a coughing fit, all silent if not for the quiet yet audible noises of sobs. "Oo - er ... you ain't thinkin' about jumpin', are ye?" McKeegan questioned, evidently concerned. Suicide was common enough, and often it was the moment after you talked them down they got mauled. That was fate for you. Always wanted to clean up loose ends.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

James Woodard
One Year Ago...

The sounds of the movie on the TV echoed through James' and Lucy's house, the blonde haired girl sitting on the couch as she cuddled with her boyfriend. They were watching Top Gun, a movie, while liked very much by James, made him cringe with how inaccurate it was in terms of military protocol. Lucy both loved and hated watching it with him, as he spent the entire movie explaining what would happen if the characters did the stupid stuff they did, especially when Maverick buzzed the tower. The credits were rolling, and Lucy stretched, saying, "Well babe, ready for bed?" She got up, James grabbing her hand as he said, "Wait, I have something to tell you." He got up, kneeling in front of Lucy as he said, "I'll keep this brief. Lucy, I love you more than anything. Will you marry me?" She gasped, covering her mouth as she said, "Oh my God! Yes! Yes!" James smiled, picking her up and spinning her around as they kissed, the kiss getting gradually more passionate until James straddled Lucy across his waist, sitting on the couch after that as they kissed.
(Pre-End James Theme)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQxa8BCCYwAA&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Present Day
James' eyes shot open, his awakening scaring some birds away. He sighed, wishing he could just find Lucy and end the torture his life had become. He felt old. He'd been at this for a year now, and he didn't feel any closer to Fort Bragg. He lost his Humvee to bandits, along with some of his food. He was okay, though. Well, as okay as he could be. He stretched, wiping some dust off of his worn military fatigues as he looked out of the window of the apartment he shacked up in for the night. He didn't see any infected, which meant that he was safe. He sighed, getting up as he picked up his M4A1 and made sure his M45A1 pistol was loaded before leaving the little hamlet he was in.

After walking for a few hours, he found something he hadn't seen in a while: a town. With people who weren't covered in cysts and didn't want to eat him. He walked up to the gate, saying to a guard, "Could you let me in, friend? I've been traveling for God knows how long." The guard noticed his attire, saying, "You military? What do you want?" James shook his head, saying, "No. I got it off a dead soldier. I just want somewhere to stay." The guard sighed, opening the gate as James thanked him and entered, looking around the town as he saw a big man looking up at a woman on a skybridge, James asking, "Excuse me! You, up there! Do you know what direction Fort Bragg is in? I need to get there!" He looked at the big man beside him nodding briefly at him.
(After End James Theme)

idalie idalie

Last edited:
His question surprised her, if there was one thing she hated it was showing that she was exactly as weak as everyone expected. She tried her best to stifle her cries, wiping tears from her face, and turning to look at the man with a partial smile.

"If I were going to jump I wouldn't be planning on jumping from this height," She stood to face him, despite how incredibly small she appeared standing next to him, "I'd go from the roof, go big or go home, I always say." Her hand reached for the back of her neck. Making a joke about death and suicide wasn't a great way to meet somebody, though every encounter she'd made, even in the old-world, was awkward and less than conventional.

She took the time to take him in, sort of run her eyes over his body and make her judgements. He was very strongly built, and she imagined that tended to win him some favor when it came to jobs. She, herself, had to find jobs that relied more on technical knowledge or fitting into small spaces. Everything else was too rough or ended up being a terrible fit.

"I'm..." She hesitated, looking over the edge, introductions were never really her thing, so she just skipped past the name, thumb pointing behind her, "I'm headed out, there's a whole world to explore and all that, so, uh, yeah..." Without so much as a bye she had turned herself around, that solemn look returning to her face, and began walking away.
idalie idalie

Archie McKeegan
"Aye, there's that." He agreed in a polite laugh, crouching down slightly only to glimpse over the edge and immediately regret the way it made his head spin. On first impressions, the woman was tiny. Thin and petite enough he was sure he could lift her with one hand if he tried - of course, there' be no breaching boundaries such as those. He doubted she'd be too pleased. "You, uh - you be careful lass. Might be a big wide world, but it eats people up." Archie remarked, friendly enough. However, it wasn't the first time that women most usually, were more or less inclined to stay away. He couldn't blame them. This savage society which had risen from the ashes wasn't often kind. Nevertheless, Eugenia didn't appear too frightened. Far more desiring to get on with her own business.

The moment she had risen and begun walking away, McKeegan turned his head to the voice from below. "Fort Bragg?" His cluelessness was as thick as his accent. Consequently, the reason he had no idea. He was a Scotsman, born and bred - could tell you the backstreets of Glasgow, or the hidden public pathways of Dumfries - yet pinning New York on a map was harder than it should've been. He just went where jobs were available. Not quite the one for geography. "Ain't got a fuckin' idea, mate. Not my area of expertise." Archie cracked a smile. Vanishing momentarily as he followed Eugenia across the bridge. A minute or two behind but he appeared to be going in the same direction.

Awkwardly silent, it was the same situation as saying goodbye to someone before walking in the identical direction and having to put up with it for a good five minutes. "So ..." He cleared his throat, a step behind. "You're a traveller too, huh? Wouldn't have guessed a gal like ye to be goin' at it alone. No offence meant." McKeegan sped up to drop down the staircase lower to the ground of the small settlement. Might as well make conversation before landing himself and taking off again. Even so, he could snag an interesting destination. Somewhere nice. 'The Bahamas would be real fuckin' nice.'

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

James Woodard
James sighed, saying, "You're not from the States, huh? Great. Well, have you seen this woman? I'm trying to find her and last time I heard from her she was at Fort Bragg." He pulled out an old torn photograph of Lucy, the place where he was with her having been ripped off by himself. She was a pretty girl, q head shorter than James with clear blue eyes and a great smile. It was no wonder they fell in love. He ripped himself off of it more to punish himself for leaving her alone for so long. He didn't deserve to be seen with her until he's there with her in the flesh. She'd told him about the pregnancy before he lost contact with her, and he hoped and prayed that the baby was alright every night. It was the only thing keeping him going, to be honest.​
idalie idalie

When she started walking away, she'd realized a voice had come from below. His question, however, was one she couldn't answer. The other man yelled down to the guy on the ground, saying the same kind of thing she was thinking. However, when looking down that far, she realized there might be a place where he can find help, and she'd lead him to it.Holding that picture made her realize, he still had a family. That was more than anything she had.

"Give me a moment, I think I know someone who might know..." Of course, she wasn't certain her contact would know, but it was worth a shot. She'd started down the stairs, the taller man following not far behind. She listened closely, making little noise on the way down.

"I haven't always been alone, but people die, and so far I've been cursed to live." The way she said these words was almost more of a fact than any statement with emotion behind it. Had he not seen her sobbing, he might have assumed she was some sort of psychopath. Still, she was thinking about other things, about how she was going to convince one of the low life's to bring up some information. Information was no longer cheap. When they arrived at the bottom of the stairs, she addressed both men. "I'm Lee," She started quickly, first turning to the newer man, "It's possible one of my... contacts, may have a map, or at least some sort of insight as to wear your... Fort, I believe, is."

"As for you," She turned back to the taller man, "You can accompany us if you have nothing better to do, but by the end of the night I'll be headed out of town." She stayed silent, turning around to look out at the town, when she had something else to say, she whipped back around (talk about an awkward and spacey human being), and simply stared at the two. By the time she'd turned, however, she'd already moved on to another subject in her head and simply waited with doe eyes looking at both.

Archie McKeegan
"Keepin' the end of the world light I see." He commented in a humorously dry manner. Not that it might've helped her own sense of despair, but at least it lightened the statement. One which surely weighed heavily on the poor girl's shoulders. Down the stairs, quickening the pace, they eventually grounded. McKeegan doing his leisurely swagger - something he naturally carried as a Scot and leant in to intently scrutinise the picture James grasped in his hand. Eventually, Archie shrugged. "Never seen the lass in my life. Sorry. Even if I had, I couldn't tell you - not so good with faces these days. They come and go quicker than sun in England." He joked, with a small chuckle. "Hope you find her though. Got my prayers." As if he had any faith left in the heavens above.

Turning his head at Eugenia's sudden introduction and suggestion, Archie blinked. "You know, the world is great n' all for bein' torn to shit, but you should at least know my name if you're gonnae invite me on goose chases. I could be any number o' things." Archie shook his head with the scolding of a parent, clicking his tongue. "Now, Miss Lee, first of all, I'm Archie. Second of all, I'm headin' out of town too. And as much as I just love babysittin' you two little 'uns, I'm not sure I wanna be chasin' down maps. If I get my ass into gear, I could have a decent day o' travellin' ahead. As much as you're skippin' town, I got the thirst to start runnin' and I wanna land on the right foot." Archie wagged his finger.

"Just because the worlds fulla fuckery, don't mean you have to lose yer manners when askin' a guy to come with. Hell, I'll even beat on him, but you see, what's even at Fort Bragg that I wanna see? This guys wifey to make myself more depressed about how my love life is more or less the starters menu for fuckin' walkers?" McKeegan then added on the end with a sniff "I go places with people or resources. Like I always have. Alright you two?" Archie remarked, intently glancing between Eugenia and James.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

James Woodard
James sighed, saying, "Okay. Thanks." He put the photo away, disheartened that he hadn't seen her. He turned to the girl who was on the skybridge, who was now walking away, James following her and saying, "Really? You're...not bullshitting me, are you? Please tell me you're not." He was excited. Beyond excited, really. He hadn't found a map for the entire year he'd been travelling, and a map to Fort Bragg would be immensely helpful. He followed the girl, determined to get the map. He didn't care how her "contact" got it, or who they had to kill to get it. He just wanted it. He finally had a goal other than just survive another day after all this time.​
idalie idalie

She looked to Archie, her brow crinkling. She wasn't a child, she felt she was more of an un-adulting adult. It was different, she'd convinced herself. Still, she took the time to turn back to the other man.

"I can't guarantee he has a map, but I do know that he tends to have... oddities." She'd met Lester around the first time she'd gotten into town. Many warned her of his eccentric attitude and less-than-appropriate comments, but there wasn't really anything that could have prepared her for Lester's crude ways and lewd, disgusting comments. Still, he was one of the best oddity collectors she'd come to know, and when you were looking for anything special, the first place you checked was Lester's.

"To be fair," She started talking more towards Archie this time, "My connection, Lester, has some... well he has a lot of resources. With a little sweet talk, negotiation, and a decent price, those resources could all be yours." Se tried to entice him, knowing that likely she'd have to interrogate Lester. Someone much taller and more threatening would be very helpful. She just simply wasn't built for the job.

Turning away she motioned for the two to follow her, headed down the side of one of the streets. "Hell, she called fairly lightly behind her, "Maybe you'll find yourself a kilt..." She smiled at her joke, at least one thing she hadn''t lost was her stupid child-like sense of humor.

Samantha Skarg

Samantha was startled by Taako barking. She, who was sitting in the front seat of her car, her legs resting on the passenger's seat, rose up quickly from her seat, hitting her head on the car ceiling. "Ah shit.", she groaned, still not used to sleeping in the car. She turned around, seeing Taako sitting upright behind her, wagging his tail. "What is it, boy?", she asked, scratching him beneath his chin. They weren't being attacked, that Samantha was sure about. Else Taako wouldn't wag his tail like that. "Do you want to get out, is it that?"

She opened her car door, stretching her stiff arms and legs. She opened the trunk to grab her bag, and lastly opened the door to let her dog out. Sam preferred not putting him on a leash because that's how she usually walks him and in case that they get attacked, a leash would only be a hindrance.

She locked her car, leaving it in the middle of nowhere. She didn't plan on walking too far out anyways, yet leaving a car close to a town or somewhere close to where one could find resources was way more dangerous, as the chances of it being stolen would be higher. "Well, let's go for a walk, yes?", she said, putting her bagpack over her shoulder.

After merely 6 minutes of talking, Taako barked once more. He started sniffing the ground before moving south. "Hey what is it? Have you found something?"
The further they walked, the more excited the german shepherd got, until finally breaking into a sprint and dashing away. Shocked, Sam stood there, before running into the same direction. It wasn't like him running away like that, especially during a time like this.
After another 5 minutes of running into the same direction, Sam was almost entirely sure that Taako was gone for good, until she saw the silhouette of a town a little in the distance. She approached it slowly, ready to run into the opposite direction as soon as something suspicious came up.

As she reached the gates, she noticed her canine friend standing near a soldier guarding it. Its posture was somewhat agressif, as if he'd jump at him any minute. She held onto Taako's collar, kneeling to his height. "Young man, if you run away once more, it will have serious consequences, did you hear me?"

She rose up and, together with her pet, walked towards the guard. He didn't ask many questions, most likely because solely by looking at Samantha, he noticed how badly she needed a place to stay, be it just one afternoon. Her hair was darkned because of the dust and dirt, of the many times she fell whilst running away. Her clothes somewhat torn and dirty as well, and here and there a few scratches on her skin.

Passing through the gates into the city, it seemed weirdly normal. All the people here seemed to be as healthy as they could be during such a period, and nowhere the sign of the new virus. She strolled through the streets, trying to find a welcoming pub or shop or anything close to that, that could offer her some goods.

BRANDY

‘THIS isn't going to end well’, Brandy decided as the shopkeeper's pitbull stalked to the edge of the counter, glowing eyes peeking out from behind. The small, round pupils shine with a green hatred, and Brandy felt like the only barricade that kept this dog from turning him into flesh confetti was the shopkeeper himself. And if things were going the way brandy was setting them up, they soon weren't going to be on good terms.

“Look,” Brandy cleared his throat in a smooth motion, not allowing a slight crack in his perfectly created demeanor, “times are tough. I get it, man. Shit's real. Perfectly understandable that now, of all times, you're being real stingy with selling' your shit. But I need these parts, otherwise that perfectly good motorcycle out in the woods by here is going to stay a heap of scrap. If you just give me those parts, I'll be outta you're hair and this little city permanently. What do you say, eh?”

The shopkeeper remained stone-faced, but the motion of his hand retracting front the thin was of cash on his counter was a clear enough 'no' for Brandy to get the memo. “Oh, okay. I see how it is. I'll take my business elsewhere.”

With a withering look, Brandy swiveled on his heels and marched out of the store. “Old bitch,” he added with a stormy expression. In a few moments, the face he was pulling dissipated to his usual blank stare as he considered the city around him. ‘Surely someone's got to have somethin’, he thought solemnly as he began to wander the premises.

Archie McKeegan
He huffed, eyeing Eugenia as she lay down the offer. He supposed he could do with a few extra bits and pieces before throwing himself into the jaws of what lay outside the town's hastily constructed walls. Hell, money wasn't even currency anymore he didn't think. Yet, in addition, he was a pushover on most subjects, which meant McKeegan hung his head with a shake. "This guy better have some good fuckin' inventory, lass." The 'r's rolled and 't's sharpened, in that natural, sweet lilt. If not far more coherent from his time spent in America. When she started up again, walking away with a motion to follow, Archie scoffed. "If we find a bloody kilt in that man's shop, I'll wear it for a week. That's a deal, a'ight?" He glanced between James and Lee, letting out a light chuckle. "But it gotta come with the socks, or I'll no' have a part in it. They keep your legs from feelin' colder than a Glaswegian gal on a night out."

Speeding up to keep with the girl, he glanced back at the military man. "So, Fort Bragg. What's that? One o' them military bases? In the beginnin', I'm sure most of 'em got overrun or fucked over. Ain't so sure about what you're gonnae find. But, hell, good luck findin' that sweetheart of yours. Nice to see love ain't so dead." As friendly as the Scotsman was, with big smiles and pleasant talk, it wasn't hard to get him riled. No doubt he had a chivalrous streak that would make excessive feminists throw around words he didn't quite understand, but Archie was always ready for a fist fight. He'd been raised that way.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Samantha Skarg

Unlike Taako, Samantha didn't seem too excited about this city. The mood was overall gloomy, which was understandable. Every time another person passed them, Taako approached them, sniffing at their feet. It had been a least a few weeks since he had seen any other kind of human being besides Sam.

Looking left and right she noticed houses having their blinds closed, their doors shut with several locks on it. Although there were still some people on the streets, the whole town in its entirety looked unwelcoming. With a sigh, she fiddled with her sleeves, before cramping them up. Meanwhile, the German Shepherd seemed to have sniffed up something of interest to him. He continued his way, picking up the pace. Samantha followed him, not necessarily running, but it also couldn't be considered walking. She whispered something under her breath, before she noticed Taako barking, before continuing to run forward.

She ran after him, calling his name. This time he seemed to react to it turning around. As she walked towards him, she bumped into another person. She either hadn't noticed him, or that person had appeared out of thin air. She looked at the person, a boy, who looked around her age. She patted her shoulder, as if she had been dirtied. She looked him straight in the face, her eyes slightly squinting, and judging by his blank stare, she thought that he would definitely not be the first one to apologize, probably not even apologize at all. "Sorry.", she murmured, almost inaudible. Taako walked towards the two, sniffing the stranger's shoes. She grabbed her dog by the collar, as if holding him back, yet in the dog's eyes wasn't a single sign of him being aggressive.

death.the.kiddo death.the.kiddo

BRANDY

THE impact was sudden and strong enough to knock him out of his thoughts, grounding him right back into the ramshackle town. And right in front of a blonde woman who was squinting at him, like he was the sun or some shit like that. It didn't matter to him, because the lady was pretty as hell. Plus, she had a sweet-looking Shepherd sniffing at his feet.

“Hey, no, it's okay,” Brandy offered a sheepish grin, betraying how pleased he was with the situation. Pretty woman? Great. Awesome dog? Got it. It was a dream met on accident, which he was entirely fine with having.

“Nice dog you got here,” with the same grin plastered on his face, he playfully pat her dog on the snout. “He got a name? And what about you, miss? Anything I can call you by?”

Capricornus Capricornus

Samantha Skarg

Right before her eyes, she saw the stranger's facial expression shift into a happier one, grinning, as if he had been awakenef from a trance. Sam furrowed her brow in confusion to why that was.

"Nice dog you got here", he said whilst patting it. "He got a name? And what about you miss? Anything I can call you by?"

Samantha hesitated for a bit before clearing her throat. "Taako. His name is Taako." She answered his first question, her gaze wandering to her companion. "I'm Samantha." Her answers were short and monotone. Her gaze wandered back to him.

She looked around for an instance. She didn't trust this person, she didn't trust any stranger, especially when they were weirdly kind to her. Hidden behind said kindness were often bad intentions. Yet Taako seemed to fairly like the guy, wagging his tail wildly while being pat, which put her mind slightly at ease.

"What about you?", she asked, her voice unecessarily harsh in comparison to the stranger's. "Also, know any place here where they offer some kind of shelter to wanderers, or the like?" She didn't like asking others for help, but without any she'd most likely get lost around here.

death.the.kiddo death.the.kiddo

She'd lead them through various streets, trying to take the least amount of time. Of course, she wasn't sure that she wouldn't lose their interest once they laid eyes on his place. The building wasn't exactly a masterpiece, an old, worn down shop planted in the remains of what was once a diner. The tables had mostly been converted to shelves, and those that weren't were lined along the outside almost as a blockade. Still, she waved them in, saying little to nothing on her way in.

The walls were covered in old pictures, mostly ads and trash, that hung by old nails or even propped inside a hole beaten into the wall. Newspapers from before lined some of the tables, and even small pathways were divided by the useless junk that rest there. Lamps, old furniture, coffee makers, toasters, all stupid things that were less than need for true survival in the world today. Occasionally, however, there were useful things such as rope, survival kits, fresh food, canned food, even bandages, both homemade and old packaged ones. She simply walked past the 'aisles' and moved to the back, setting her hands quietly on the counter. It only took a moment before-

"If it isn't my favorite little Euge-"

"Lester, hush, we need something, and you're going to help us out... okay?" Sure, she was short with him, but with LEster if you beat around the bush you'd get absolutely nowhere.

Archie McKeegan
Following behind Eugenia, keeping somewhat in step with his long stride Archie held himself both intimidatingly and politely. Shoulders back, chest out, good posture. However, the threat of his stride was far more down to the situation of the world. One simply adopted that mean looking expression because it kept people away - and that was step one of surviving. Although, it was safe to say it wasn't quite as simple as that 24/7.

Ducking through the doorway, McKeegan glanced about at the shop. As Lee walked up to the counter, the Scotsman took a gander at the survival equipment stored, itching his chin whilst inspecting the merchandise. Yet with the appearance of Lester, the establishment's owner, Archie - surprisingly quiet for a man his size, came up behind Eugenia and gazed down over her shoulder with a dark frown. Which was in reality - his resting expression. But only people who knew him would recognise that.

He put one big palm on the counter, leaning against the top. Only to stare down the shopkeeper, unblinkingly. Waiting for Lee to finish her inquiries about maps and directions. Now, Archie among many things wasn't stupid. He'd known he was coerced into accompanying both man and woman because he was a big man, and that tended to be helpful when you were either: a) Beating the crap out of someone or b) Scaring them shitless, given the situation. He suspected something along the lines of the latter if it was called for.

James Woodard
James nodded at the Scottsman's question, saying, "Yeah. One of the largest military bases in the country, and where I was stationed not too long ago. Last I heard that was the last bastion on the East Coast, so I decided to head there." He didn't mention that Lucy was there. He didn't feel a need to, and he wanted to protect her in any way he could. When they got to this guy's place, James looked at him and said, "I heard you may have a map of Fort Bragg. I want it if you have it. What's your price, or what do you want, you freak?" He didn't hide how he felt about this guy. He was a creep, and James hated creeps. But he needed a man, so he tolerate him.​
idalie idalie

"Ah," Lester moved his arms into an open gesture, bowing slightly while keeping eye contact, "No need to throw names, guys. I'm here for your satisfaction." He took a moment to wink at all of them collectively. Lester was always one for the dramatics. Still, Lee simply shrugged it off and started behind the counter, looking in a n old box of what appeared to be papers and documents. Crossing his arms over his chest, he stepped closer to Lee.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, little lady, when did I say you could go through my junk, the only junk you should be handling is-"

"Lester, need I remind you the deal we made a month ago?" She only mentioned it vaguely, he knew what she was talking about. When Lester managed to get caught in a big mess with some nasty marauder types, Eugenia was the one to bail him out. With help, of course, but no one would have rallied behind Lester alone. So, in return for saving his hide, she asked for unlimited access to the shop. This, of course, never came without grumbling from the weasely man.

"You guys can take a look around as well, Lester," She glared in his direction causing him to pout like a three-year-old, "shouldn't give you any problems, right, Lester dear?" He muttered something beneath his breath before waving a hand and disappearing into the back once more. He was strange, no doubt, but there was at least hope of finding something.
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford idalie idalie

Archie McKeegan
"Nice friend, where'd you find him? Big white van with 'Free Sweets' on the side?" Archie joked, shaking his head with a long chuckle. "Ahh, I'm a fuckin' comedian." He remarked amusingly to himself, moving off from Lee to the shelves. He was tempted, of course, sifting through piles of useless crap and gear. But he knew he either couldn't afford it or had no use. "You know, I hope we can get a move on if you find that map, lass." He rested himself against one of the spare tables and shut his eyes lightly. Arms crossed over his chest, and biceps bundled - threatening if he didn't look like he was having a doze. "Because I'm aboot ready for my mid-mornin' nap that don't exist in any other situation but this one." He tiredly sighed, a comedic if not completely bored remark.

Which he was, already. Not to say he didn't like his newfound companions, but Archie was Archie and nothing could change that unfortunately. "What happened a month ago anywho?" McKeegan questioned, cracking open one eyelid to arch his brow at the silhouette of Eugenia in the dark shop. "'Cause I'd be impressed if a little gal like you had to protect that lump o' lard." He snorted.

Stretching out, pushing his shoulders back and forward, the Scotsman rubbed his hands together. Coarse and calloused, skin cracking on his fingertips from lack of care he gave. From lumberjack to full out apocalypse survivor - it was harder than one thought to pick up moisturiser. Jokingly at that. Nay, Archie was the sort of bloke who'd worked his hands into oblivion and increasingly thankful he'd not come from a family of arthritis sufferers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back