• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Frontier (Realistic Post Apocalytic RP)

WanderingScribe

Come on, sit by the fire pour yourself some...er "rabbit" stew. Dont worry thats not a human finger. I think. Now youre probably wondering who I am. Well who I am isn't important, but what you're about to hear is.

First off, welcome to the Frontier. From the Dakotas to Idaho, and as far north as Montana and and as south as Denver is this just lovely land of death, lawlessness and good ol fashion American fun. My job is too give you some exposition on what in the fuck is going on. You're probably wondering why every city you've been too looks like Detroit, and well the answer to that is that a combination of 15 years plague, economic and social collapse, civil war and if you go further along the Mississippi, total nuclear holocaust. Hell of a time right? Thankfully while we dont have supermutants or undead cannibals, we make up for it with a plethora of bandits, "shoot on sight" colonies and not-undead cannibals. Not to mention the Legion but, we'll get into that later. First I'm gonna tell you how to spot the difference between an enemy and and someone who won't shoot you a first glance.

So my friend this is my personal guide on how to not get shot.

If you ever find yourself down the road and see a group of people, always stay on alert. Chances are that they're a road gang or thieves. See its the clothing that gets you, problem with the frontier is that our raiders dont walk around dressed it scrap metal and leather. Make things alot easier if they did, then I'd know who to shoot at. Australians got it easy. Anyway these bandits are usually armed with anything from a homemade bow or a 50 cal machine gun they stole from a Legion convoy. So keep your eyes open. Typically road gangs have a camp or colony near by they stay at but luckily most of them are just nomads who wander from territory to territory.

Now lets go over survivors, like you and me. Survivors come in many different forms, young, old, male, female. Just like us they're just trying to make a living out here, scavenging through old buildings, digging through trash cans, looting mummified corpses. For the most part your average survivor will keep to himself or their group but watch yourself. One bad day and you'll be surrounded by a group of scavengers turned bandits.

Now we get into the fun part. Blood Cults! These crazy moonhowlers for the most part have faded away into irrelevancy because they immolated and consumed each other. Yeah you read that right, consumed. While blood cults aren't nearly as common as they were 10 or so years ago, a few remnants still linger around in the fringe territories and near the Rockies. Although I have heard rumors of a band of em near Red Lake, but I digress. If you ever see a group of cultists, dont talk to them, dont fight them, just run or hide. They're crazy as hell and can take on hell of beating. I put four arrows right through one of em and he still kept kicking. FOUR! Right through the chest! Thankfully theyre pretty easy to spot. They usually tattoo themselves, the delicacy they choose usually leaves them twitching and seizing every 10 seconds. It is noted they are oddly uniform. Most groups dont care what you wear as long as it keeps you warm but Blood Cults are like a hivemind. They all wear something in common, like a red scarf, or a blue jacket something like that.

Now I've mentioned this mysterious "Legion" a few times now and its about time I explain it. The Legion "rules" the Frontier, but their governance is pretty hands off. Unless you live near one of their garrisons or near a supply route you wont even notice em. The American Legion is officially the remnants of the old US military who fled west when the east went nuclear. Usually you'll spot them by their flags, and their uniforms. These guys are well armed, but are occasionally helpful. If youre in a tight spot they'll help you out. But if they tell you to stay away from an area its best you do. Or you could ignore those orders and see what all the fuss is. I've always found the best loot is in those areas. But still, can't really hate em. The Legion is doing their best to restore order. Only problem is they're stretched way to thin along the the frontier. I'm not sure how the different outposts keep in contact, but once when I was near Rapid City, saw alot of important looking brass convening on the area. A meeting of some sorts by my guess...

Now the Legion isn't the only "civilization" that exists in the frontier. There are alot of independent colonies that are spread across this beautiful land, many of which are very fond of shooting on sight. Now I can't say much about the colonists themselves, many are just farmers, or hunters or blacksmiths. In my opinion, I say don't shoot em, but hey its up to you. There are many different colonies with different levels of shittiness, but I'll get into that later.

Now theres one more group I wanna talk about, and thats the Lakota. The Lakota Sioux are a tribe of natives that live up near the Montana and Dakota territories. I dont know much about them really, they keep to themselves, but I've heard they have some sort of treaty with the Legion, one that dates back to before the world went to downhill. All I know the two arent exactly fond of one another.

Now before you go one there is one thing I should tell you. The safest way from up here is north, towards Red Lake. Its a stable town, mostly free of Legion influence, but its been hit with the plague. Yeah its not over yet. Crops, livestock, they're all dying off. Same out west too, probably why the Legion has been expanding so quickly lately. No one knows whats causing it, but I ran into a few blood cultists near the Great Lakes a few months back, they spoke of a "Pale Horse". Not sure who, or what it is, but from what I could make of their delirious rants and raves, this Pale Horse killed all the crops in the Great Lakes. Can't be a coincindence. Anyway you watch yourself stranger.

(Hey everyone, as you could see by that exposition dump, this is a post apocayptic rp, and well I set the story. There are a few rules I have. I'd prefer to keep swearing to a minimum outside of the context of rping, and lets all try to be civil with each other. We're all friends here. Anyway just post your OC, and lets get down to it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back