The Forest whitches: Good or Bad?

The Forest whitches: Good idea or Bad idea?

• I love them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they're okay

• hate them, hate them, hate them!

• Total voters

Hand of Destiny

First off when I first read the outcastes bvook I found the forest witches section a little tedious, but they've turned into a bit of a grower.  Now I'm not sure whether to use them for a different Dragon blood campaign or to use them as a villains.  As a seperate strand of thought how would the Sidereals respond to the sea of mists, it being out of creation and a potential back door for the yozi if they ever find out about it that is?  Just to clarify the poll did you like them immediately, hate them or just don't care.

Forest Witches are a bit too self-centered for an effective campaign, in my opinion.  They are a relatively small enclave of Dragon-Blooded with a tame behemoth, a tame Forest Walker of unusual power and the mist, whatever it is, though they do have a few rather unique items.  The Sea of the Mind is frightening, frankly, and the behemoth who it is must be a power beyond that of any except for the Primordials.

I would use them as villians.  They are narcissitic bandits who do not care about Creation.  Their numbers, however, are too small to be a major threat.  Lookshy could definately destroy them if it wanted to, and I doubt that Bull of the North would have that much difficulty doing the small.  They are remarkable because of their toys, not their power, and one has to take that into account.

If you want them to be powerful, increase their numbers tenfold.  They would them go from 87 DBs to 870 DBs and, while not on the same level as Lookshy, they would be a force to reckon with.  They would be, not unstoppable, but a major power kept directionless by their desire to live with the Sea of the Mind.  You could also increase the number of Numina, perhaps tenfold as well, giving them a number of unusual patrons to help them in their exploits.

I would use them as villians.  They are narcissitic bandits who do not care about Creation.  Their numbers, however, are too small to be a major threat.  Lookshy could definately destroy them if it wanted to, and I doubt that Bull of the North would have that much difficulty doing the small.  They are remarkable because of their toys, not their power, and one has to take that into account.
Raw power is not necessarily essential and remember their power also comes from their ability to subborn and disrupt the surrounding nations.  Otherwise they would have already been destroyed by one of their more powerful neighbours.  Yeah if you wan't toe to toe macho power villains they would probably suck but sneaky villains where you not quite sure who is the enemy, now thats where they would excel.  P.S. My spelling sucks,  Whitches what was I thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back