• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Flow of the River

Tmd4772

Professional Nom-nommer
The narrative begins on an "alien" planet. Like Earth, but not exactly. On opposing sides of a riverbed. Two young bright souls come to consciousness. Feeling as if they just reentered their bodies, the two stumble to their feet, almost in sync. They look around to see no one else but eachother. Without a word, they begin following the river in the same direction, headed towards no end in sight. To make it to the river's end, and meet face-to-face.

She awoke, the sun bright, she squinted her eyes and sat up. She rubbed the side of her head, brushing back her blond flowing hair. She heard the babbling of the river and bent to get some water

He was leaning on a tree, when a well-placed bug bite on the ear awoke him. The trees above blocked the sunlight, but he had a clear view of the river. Noticing that on the opposing side, there were no trees. Glancing at the plains at that side, he took note the person on the other side of the river, a small humanoid shape taking a drink of the water. The river was roughly 100 meters wide, too far to swim across. He continued to look for any other signs of life, but to no avail. He tried shouting across, but the wind took his voice. The person didn't seem to hear him, he didn't hear himself. Then the thirst consumed him. He approached the edge of the water, bent down, and took a drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked up and saw him after she had her drink. She tried yelling over the crashing of the river, but she couldn't. She could see him trying to yell back. She stood to her feet, and braided her hair over her shoulder. Hmmm.. since they couldn't communicate, then how would they survive with just water. She knew she couldn't swim along the side of the river. So her only option it seemed to be was to walk along the river.  

ooc question: are they naked? and do they have superpowers they just havent discovered them yet right?

He knew the person noticed him. As they stood, he noticed 'SHE' had long blonde hair. So a girl, alright then. A breeze hit him that made him shiver, the he realized it. Adeptly taking cover behind a tree he thought to himself, I'M NAKED!!! His nose burned from embarrassmen. From behind the tree, he peered across the water towards the girl, unable to tell whether or not had she had clothes on, the distance was too far. That means she didn't notice my nudeness either right? He saw the girl begin to walk away towards the west, as he only assumed it was morning. He began pacing along with her with a new dress of leaves around his waist. Ha! No trees on her so what's she gonna do. She doesn't get a cool leaf kilt like I do. Thankfully those trees were palm trees.

Yes, they are naked. No, they haven't discovered their powers yet. But yes, they have them.

She noticed that he was going for his trees and breaking up the palm trees. What the hell is going on? Oh my goodness hes a dude? Okay then... hmm I need to cover myself.She thought as she watched him change  and saw him wearing a leaf kilt. She was a little jealous he had something to cover up his nakedness. She bent down to the ground and she felt a part of herself leaving into the ground and sure enough a Palm tree just like his grew, fully mature. She scrambled up the tree and collected some palm fronts for a skirt and a sort of quasi-bra-ish type thing, She looked back over the river and bent down and grew a plumeria bush. She plucked a flower from there and twisted it into her braid. She softly smiled at him. Glad that she at least had the power to grow natural items she needed. She bent down to the ground again. I wonder if I  can make something appear across the river. hmm its worth a try. She though about a raspberry bush in full bloom on the other side of the river.

Only if there were no thorns, he thought to himself as he rifled through the, what he could only imagine, magically grown raspberry bush. After pricking himself a few times on the bush, he got to a well-hidden but large raspberry. Ooh, perfect, he thought to himself as he took a bite. He proceeded to spit it out. Aww, it's unripe, he thought to himself. He figured it was unsurprising considering how far was away from herself that she grew it. 'Agrokinesis, huh? Pretty impressive. Sadly, my power isn't all that great. There's nothing I can give her. There's nothing I can do for either of us with my mind manipulation ability. I not even strong enough yet to control anything larger than a beetle,' he thought to himself. Feeling bad, he continued walking along the river.

She sighed... Even if she tried again she was sure her power would be wasted. She needed to recover her power.  ugh seriously!? Why can't i do anything right? Even if I had years to train myself I never could get it right. she sighed and walked along the river again.

Walking along the river, he noticed a group of small fish  no larger than gold fish. Thinking for the future, he "convinced" them to follow him as possible food for later. A little later, maybe a mile down, there was a washed up pair of shoes with the laces tied together. How could I be so lucky, he thought to himself. Sadly they were 2 sizes too small, and were women's. Hmmm, he thought to himself. With his great "innovation", he used his collection of small fish to carry them across. Giving the order, the small group of 20 or so fish set off with the shoes. It'll probably take a while to get there, though. He thought remembering the distance the fish must trek.

Well crap sorry didn't mean to click it

Hours later the sun was beginning to set she heard splashing in the water and she looked down and here were little fishes holding onto a pair of shoes she bent down to get it out of the water. She put them on her feet and they fit her perfectly. She smiled down at the fishes and said "thank you" to them. she bent down and put all of her effort into making an apple tree for him and trying to make the apples ripe. 

A tree sprung to life next to him. An apple tree, nearing unmistakably ripe red apples. After eating one, and curbing his hunger, he found a piece center split drift wood to use as a basket to carry extras for later. Peering back across the water, he saw the bright purple of the tennis shoes at the girl's feet. At least walking will be easier for her now, but it's getting dark I need to find a way to contact her, he thought.

She sighed softy, wishing so deeply that she could speak with him. And express her gratitude. She saw him reaching for an apple and taking a bite. She smiled softly glad she had accomplished something today. She made another tree for herself, a peach tree. She also gathered driftwood to make a basket for her own peaches. She contentedly took a bite of peach to ease her grumbling belly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back