• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The First Thought

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A mysterious merchant.

A deadly toy.

An opening from below.

And the thought that counted.

Welcome to the First Thought. This is a role play that takes place in a medieval kingdom full of magic and monsters. The Kingdom has recently gone through a time of pace and prosperity, with war being subsided in neighboring kingdoms. All is well and happy, until a strange merchant appears in town, someone does something they shouldn't have, and the gates to hell open. Something else has happened. A person has appeared as the Merchant dispersal, and seems to be new in town. He could be anyone, even a hero. Even the leader of a fight against the demons below to save the Kingdom. Or, he could be here for a different reason. 

To conquer and destroy.

Eliphas d'Arc Shadowsun - Caster of Black

The malicious, old mage made his way down the town. He had been looking for alchemical ingredients that he was in dire need of for a greater ritual. Coincidentally, these ingredients happen to be fairly common to the areas surrounding the city he had found himself in. Just on the very edges of the small town, one could see a suspicious, old and crooked, yet at the same time; tall man. He wore black robes with some decorations on them. Eliphas hid Sha Nagba Imuru deep in his right sleeve, should he need to retrieve it.

Eliphas knelt down on the field of flowers, carefully combing through the individual strands of grass and picking up small, red rocks. He found a majestically large one, at least a centimeter in diameter. He put it near his eye to examine it closer. "Oh, you are quite large, my good sir! Quite large indeed! Yes, excellent. This is exactly what I need, but I require more." He put the red rocks in his bag, then got up from the ground and took out Sha Nagba Imuru. He searched through the book and soon after, found a simple divination spell with a short, three-verse incantation that allowed to scry on nearby places of interest and see them with one's own eyes as if they were watching a television. And he was hoping to find a field full of the red rocks.

"I summon the all-seeing eye to tear a hole into the sky! Reveal to me that which is hidden, unveil to me what is forbidden!" He called. Eliphas felt a minuscule amount of mana being drained from his soul, as then the pages of the book shot out a bolt into the space before him. The bolt of red energy turned into a large, demonic eye that acted much like modern television, but it showed places of interest to the sorcerer, instead of channels.

He flipped through several images, he saw a festival full of peasants, a fascinating inn, an ardent windmill, a portal to hell in the middle of the graveyard, a waterfall several kilometers from-- WAIT, WHAT? He moved back to the previous image and saw a huge portal that led to some infernal dimension...

What should I do about it... (Dice roll! Aaand... I rolled an 18. Evil choice time.)

Screw it. Let the demons eat everyone. I don't care. I'm here for my gems and then I am out of here before this gate blasts everyone to oblivion.

He kept watching through the images until he found a field full of red rocks. "Ah, there you are!" He could nearly feel them all. Eliphas then had the spell lead him towards the field, not caring about the spatial hole that leads to the realm of the damned being open nearby. He strode down the rocky path towards the forest, humming to himself: "Dum dee, dum dee dum. The demon portal will eat away this tooown~..."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Merchant watched as the flames locked through the portal. He sighed, his smile depleting for just a minute. It was time, though he knew somewhere he hated it. Reaching his hand behind him, he pulled out a box full of red rocks, that glowed with energy. He smirked, clever as his plan was put into action. Any second now...

@Birdsie

Athena stood in the field, hood pulled low and every inch of what would be skin covered. No way was she going to bother with the mage, but the portal was freaking her out a bit. She began walking towards it, but that evolved into a full out sprint as she stood in front of it. The heat was terrible, but she stood, knife at the ready for what would come.
@Squad141 @Birdsie

The old mage came to a stop as soon as the eye before him discerned a new truth. A merchant in that bewitched cemetery was in possession of more dragonstones! "UNNACCEPTAAAAAAAAAAABLEEE!!!" Eliphas yelled in a mixture of terror and envy, groping his face with his hands so hard it changed shape and his eyes went out of the lids. He turned around, his all-seeing eye disappearing. He ran at full speed and power, with focus in all muscles he had in his legs... which wasn't really all that fast. He arrived at the graveyard minutes after and yelled. "HOLD IT, THERE! YOU ACCURSED SALESMAN!" with intention of insulting the merchant. "I demand that you hand these red rocks to me, for they are all property of Eliphas d'Arc Shadowsun!" And held his pointing finger out directly towards the merchant.

He took the Sha Nagba Imuru in his right hand, then ordered. "If you will not give them over to me, I will be forced to summon so many demons and eldritch abominations that none of your charismatic doohickeys will save you!" Eliphas opened it on a page that summoned a small team of demons of average power level, but did not enact the spell yet.

@Echo Dreamsong @Squad141

Xira open her eyes, almost falling out of her coffin. She was alive! She could feel the magic flow through her, moving her legs and arms. She looked around and looked at her spear placed upon the wall. She picked it up, feeling her power flow through her once again. She closed her eyes and whispered to it, "Nygasha, why was I awoken?" 

Drivic is angry. Mortals are fiddling with the dark arts, but worse are they fiddling with portal energy. They mean to do something horrid. A voice whispered back to her in her head. "Portal energy? Are they insane?! That could break the fabric of reality!" She exclaimed. "What is in this portal?" She asked.

Hell. 

Xira froze. Opening Hell? What madness... "Nygasha, take me away from this tomb" She spoke.

Remember my teleportation magic is only used here and nowhere else.

"I am aware"

Xira felt her entire body go warm all of a sudden, her eyes still closed, as she was transported. Opening Hell? Did Nygasha get the information right? When the warmness went away, she was in some... Place. She did not recognize it at all, but did she hear something? Yelling all of a sudden, and threats. She hurried to the sight, her decomposed legs carrying her quite well. She came upon the Merchant and the Mage, the mage having a spellbook. "Halt!" She ordered.

The Merchant smiled his annoyingly cheerful smile. This portal seemed to be attracting a lot of attention. Exactly how Thamo wanted it. "Lovely". He put the box full of red stones down, before dissapearing. Leaving a single, glowing wooden top spinning on top of the books. Then it started. 

@SnugglyKnight

@Birdsie

@Echo Dreamsong

"YES!" He yelled, then Eliphas ran and threw himself at the box of red dragonstones, clutching it in his hands greedily. It was more of a happy hug, a snuggle actually. "Oh, you will make such a fine, artificial--" He stopped, slowly opening his eyes and realizing there were people around him. He picked the box up and, not giving a single damn about the portal - took his stones without word to the others who arrived here for their own apparent purposes. He poured the red gems from the box to his backpack, then put it back underneath his robe and gave a death glare at Xira, hissing. "These are my dragonstones!"

Eliphas became angered, pushed into a defensive state. He was like a wild animal driven into a corner that might have been forced to attack. Fortunately for the trio, Eliphas did not perceive Xira as a threat, sensing familiar energies (black magic,) off of her. And in strong quality and high quantity no less. The intricate caster made an offer to his fellow black mage. "I have a deal!" He reached out with his hand that had an open palm, a sign of friendship and being open. "You will let me through and I will not have to fight you. We are reasonable beings and should not bother our daily schedules with trivialities of the lowly sort, like fighting each other for no good reason. What say you?" He pointed his finger at Xira, as he asked the question. It was clearly within Eliphas' best interest to get out of the graveyard as fast as possible. He also seemed to have completely disregarded and ignored the wooden top leftover by the merchant, as he had no interest in the item as intricate as it was. He simply wanted to finish his ritual, but he knew that wouldn't be easy with these people in his way.

@Squad141 @Echo Dreamsong @SnugglyKnight

"YES!" He yelled, then Eliphas ran and threw himself at the box of red dragonstones, clutching it in his hands greedily. It was more of a happy hug, a snuggle actually. "Oh, you will make such a fine, artificial--" He stopped, slowly opening his eyes and realizing there were people around him. He picked the box up and, not giving a single damn about the portal - took his stones without word to the others who arrived here for their own apparent purposes. He poured the red gems from the box to his backpack, then put it back underneath his robe and gave a death glare at Xira, hissing. "These are my dragonstones!"

Eliphas became angered, pushed into a defensive state. He was like a wild animal driven into a corner that might have been forced to attack. Fortunately for the trio, Eliphas did not perceive Xira as a threat, sensing familiar energies (black magic,) off of her. And in strong quality and high quantity no less. The intricate caster made an offer to his fellow black mage. "I have a deal!" He reached out with his hand that had an open palm, a sign of friendship and being open. "You will let me through and I will not have to fight you. We are reasonable beings and should not bother our daily schedules with trivialities of the lowly sort, like fighting each other for no good reason. What say you?" He pointed his finger at Xira, as he asked the question. It was clearly within Eliphas' best interest to get out of the graveyard as fast as possible.

@Squad141 @Echo Dreamsong @SnugglyKnight

Xira watched as the Merchant disappeared, leaving behind the spinning top. She was all too familiar with treachery, but this man was on a whole other level. Who was he? She turned her head to the mage, sensing insanity (or very very strong devotion) coming from him as well as the familiar feel of black magic. She lowered her spear, the blade ceasing its red glowing as Nygasha calmed as she did. She moved closer, feeling powerful energy radiating off the portal. She never took her eyes off the mage, for he was unstable and she was unsure of his exact motive. "I have no desire in your dragonstones, dark mage." She said first to calm the mage before she spoke again. "Reasonable being I am, but opening a portal to a damned reality is anything but a lowly sort of actions. I find quite a good reason why you might have had a hand in this, Drivic is very displeased with the mortals who dares disrupts reality. Speak, what is your motive?"

But before anything else disrupted the tension between the characters here, the top began spinning faster, actually GAINING balance. It began to float into the air, symbols appearing in the red light elevating from the top. Red strings of light flew from the top of the Top, and latched onto multiple things. The red stones floated from the mages pack, along with the spell book from his hands ( @Birdsie) A spear ( @SnugglyKnight) and a dagger ( @Echo Dreamsong) flew with them, emendation into a red cloud. They flew into a circle, slowly picking up speed, going to the pace of the Top.

Eliphas did not feel welcomed by her constant staring, but he did not do anything particular until she responded with actual words. Upon hearing about her desires, or rather lack of thereof, he exclaimed. "Phew. That's a tremendooooous relief. Very well, if such is your state of mind - I'll be on my way then~!" Eliphas headed towards the exit, whistling nervously until the mysterious female halted him with words. He laughed shortly in a maniacal way, then in a very cocky and somewhat sarcastic way replied to Xira's doubts. "Motive? As in what? As in I made this portal? Calm thine mammaries, woman. I haven't the slightest idea of what that is, who made it, or what it's for, but I can guess each one of them and I don't like what my mind is telling me."

Eliphas took a more relaxed stance, then with an equally calm facial expression continued explaining. "My plan was in the simplest these dragonstones and skedaddle before any eldritch demons arrive and brutally annihilate me. I find them rather barbaric, you see, however they make for fine tools when you know how to bind them to your will. Excellent, some of them even are."

But before the mage could do anything else, his beloved book of magecraft was impudently stolen away from him, not to mention his precious gems! "UNNAAAACCEPTABLEEEE!!!!" Eliphas yelled like a maddened banshee, a true madman to hear with the sound of a wild animal. He ran at the wooden top's general direction mindlessly and threw himself at his possessions in hopes of re-acquiring them. He was very desperate in his actions.

@Echo Dreamsong @SnugglyKnight @Squad141

But before anything else disrupted the tension between the characters here, the top began spinning faster, actually GAINING balance. It began to float into the air, symbols appearing in the red light elevating from the top. Red strings of light flew from the top of the Top, and latched onto multiple things. The red stones floated from the mages pack, along with the spell book from his hands ( @Birdsie) A spear ( @SnugglyKnight) and a dagger ( @Echo Dreamsong) flew with them, emendation into a red cloud. They flew into a circle, slowly picking up speed, going to the pace of the Top.

Eliphas did not feel welcomed by her constant staring, but he did not do anything particular until she responded with actual words. Upon hearing about her desires, or rather lack of thereof, he exclaimed. "Phew. That's a tremendooooous relief. Very well, if such is your state of mind - I'll be on my way then~!" Eliphas headed towards the exit, whistling nervously until the mysterious female halted him with words. He laughed shortly in a maniacal way, then in a very cocky and somewhat sarcastic way replied to Xira's doubts. "Motive? As in what? As in I made this portal? Calm thine mammaries, woman. I haven't the slightest idea of what that is, who made it, or what it's for, but I can guess each one of them and I don't like what my mind is telling me."

Eliphas took a more relaxed stance, then with an equally calm facial expression continued explaining. "My plan was in the simplest these dragonstones and skedaddle before any eldritch demons arrive and brutally annihilate me. I find them rather barbaric, you see, however they make for fine tools when you know how to bind them to your will. Excellent, some of them even are."

But before the mage could do anything else, his beloved book of magecraft was impudently stolen away from him, not to mention his precious gems! "UNNAAAACCEPTABLEEEE!!!!" Eliphas yelled like a maddened banshee, a true madman to hear with the sound of a wild animal. He ran at the wooden top's general direction mindlessly and threw himself at his possessions in hopes of re-acquiring them. He was very desperate in his actions.

@Echo Dreamsong @SnugglyKnight @Squad141

(Lemongrab lol)

Xira blinked, calm thine mammaries? Hers were barely there anyway! But that was aside the point of everything she just heard, so this mage had no idea what had happened? He was only drawn to the rocks? So the only one who knew what happened was that damned Merchant. She cursed silently, so this was going to be inevitable. Suddenly, Nygasha was taken from her. "Nygasha!" She noticed the dagger and book, and the mage throwing himself at the top. Perhaps that may disrupt something, maybe stopping the top was something they needed to do. She watched what would happen.

Hyun Starglade

@SnugglyKnight @Birdsie @Squad141 @Echo Dreamsong

Hyun had been content to just let others deal with the creepy merchant and the portal. It looked like dark magic and he didn't deal well with that. Not to mention that the people who were already there didn't look like people he'd really want to associate himself with. He wasn't even supposed to be out here. Training was meant to be his life, but Hyun needed to clear his head of the town. So many people around overwhelmed him easily, all those souls. He couldn't even block out the feeling, or use them for magic like his father could. A lot of this situation was less than desirable. He stepped slightly closer, eyeing the thing, and the people, with wariness. Was that a spinning top in the middle? What the hell?

"Um, what is that?" Hyun called to the gathered people. It was ominous and probably painful to enter, but Hyun thought a second opinion would be a great idea. He didn't even know if anyone here was sane. The mage was screaming at people for no reason, the person in the hood wasn't reacting much, and the other person there didn't exactly look too normal. He was going to regret getting involved, wasn't he?

The red essence seeped from the objects spinning out of control above the top. The essence seek to glow bigger as something began to form. First an arm. The a leg. A body was being created in front of all the others eyes! The red stones latched on to the figure as it was solidifying, releasing a shockwave, pushing everyone around to the ground. The objects were flung at fast speeds back at their owners before the body began to lower, the ground beneath it turning to solid red ruby.

Observation is vital to bloodless success. Unless blood is the goal. Which, luckily for the bickering figures, was not the case. It was in her beat interest, of course, to determine the motives of the merchant and what kind of threats he could pose as to retire to base with further information.

So Genevieve observed.

Xira caught her spear once the form had taken shape and was lowered. "Nygasha, are you okay?"

I am very weak, it took so much energy. The spear responded in her head, the whisper so faint it was barely audible. Xira did notice the new person, but ignored his question. Her eyes fell upon the being that was created from the weapons and rocks, her hand without the spear being enveloped in slightly transparent black smokey-looking magic. "Who are you? What are you? Speak, speak!" She said to the thing, ready for an attack.

The figurs flexible shape changed form many times, before appearing to decide on a form. A tall man, with demon-ish looking armor appeared, as red as the objects it had emerged from. No skin was shown or could be seen from past the things armor, as it covered every inch of the body. On his bck, engraved into the armor was a large symbol that seemed to glow.
alpha-hi.png
  The thing appeared to be carrying something on its back. It was a longsword, that looked like it had been forged from the lavas of hell, with a reddish glow that hummed at the same pace the creatures symbol did. He held out his hand, and the top somehow flew into it, sort of jumping from he ground. A sizzling could be heard,a s the creature slightly moved on the floor of super-heated ruby.

Xira growled in her throat, pointing her spear at him though did back up a few steps because of either caution or fear. Or both. "Answer me, in the name of Drivic I demand you state your name" She said, standing brave. Which took a lot, but she was no coward. 

Light shined above then that was bright almost blinding. The clouds separated and a beautiful being descended from the sky wings about 3 meters apart and shined of  gold tint. "why art thou fight wiliest in thy land." the being said in a strong voice. the being appeared to look female and taller than all the humans and creatures there.  she raised her hands which were a pale white tint as a gold sword appeared in her hand. 

"who art thou be worthy of my protection from thou dark forces." she boomed in a very echoed voice. "For I am Abbigail thou guardian Angel who descended from thou heavens above young children of the mighty king." she paused glancing at Xira as she burned the creature with her light.  "HARM SHALL YOU NOT!"she snapped as now she pointed her sword at the angry creature. "BE GONE" she said. 

@SnugglyKnight

@Squad141

Light shined above then that was bright almost blinding. The clouds separated and a beautiful being descended from the sky wings about 3 meters apart and shined of  gold tint. "why art thou fight wiliest in thy land." the being said in a strong voice. the being appeared to look female and taller than all the humans and creatures there.  she raised her hands which were a pale white tint as a gold sword appeared in her hand. 

"who art thou be worthy of my protection from thou dark forces." she boomed in a very echoed voice. "For I am Abbigail thou guardian Angel who descended from thou heavens above young children of the mighty king." she paused glancing at Xira as she burned the creature with her light.  "HARM SHALL YOU NOT!"she snapped as now she pointed her sword at the angry creature. "BE GONE" she said. 

@SnugglyKnight

@Squad141

Xira felt that badly. She recoiled and turned toward this being. Great, now there was this! 'Oh Drivic, if you did not believe I would keep balance than you would not have awoken me" She muttered. "I am not your enemy, not right now" She hissed, the blade of her spear pointing downward. "I have been awoken by a being stronger than any you may know for a mission to keep everything in balance. Do not stand in my way, lesser being" She growled, the blade on the spear turning a purple-ish color as it glowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back