Idea The fall of the Gods

DarlingPersephone

She has always been half goddess, Half hell.
Hi! I'm pretty new to this website, but I've had precious experience with roleplay on other forums.
My profile probably hints that I have a love for Greek mythology, and I really wanted to be involved or make a group that revolves around the Greek Gods in some way, So I had a little think and came up with a storyline that I would love to do, but, I would like to see how many people would be interested, and if you have any input I would love to hear it!

The fall of the Gods
In a world of modern, the ancient myths of Gods and Monsters had long lost their importance, instead, they had begun to blend with the stories of wolves and witches and other mythical beings.
With lack of praise and worship the Gods have grown weak and their power is forever dwindling, the consequence is a great war between the God of the Sky and the God of the sea
Zeus insists they can survive without the assistance of mortals, that prayer is something the Gods themselves had just grown greedy for overtime.
Poseidon believes without the prayers they will become nothing and the only way to save themselves is by making mankind fear and adore them once more.
Who are you? Who will you join? who are you willing to trust in this war, The fall of the Gods.

1. The characters would be the Olympians, minor Gods and other deities. However, I would encourage people to put their own twists on the characters, though obviously it should be within reason.
  2. It would be a group roleplay, I'm not sure how 1x1 could work with such a big storyline.
I had loads to say earlier but now my brains gone numb, but please, leave any input or anything you want to say below, and of course if you would be interested! Xx

Wrong section, you want to create a thread in group interest checks: group interest checks link

As for the idea, I can't help but think of noragami when I read it. I'm not saying you copied them, but it would be a cool place to get inspiration for ideas relating to the gods. I like the contrast between posiedon and zeus as well. The few things I'd like to ask are:

1. Did the war happen already? You said that this disagreement's consequence is a great war.
2. If so, what did the great war look like? Who was involved? Is it still ongoing? How much power do the gods have(Show this through narrative writing)?
3. I would advise you to give clear expectations for characters. So what is within reason? If I want to play helius? can I change his parents? What powers are appropriate for dwindling powers of a minor god? Is it possible to be more powerful than a major god?

4. Do you have a plot? What I mean by a plot is.....independent of your player's actions, can you lead someone from post 1 to 100 and have no issues if you needed to?
5. Are you prepared to have sub plots and follow the player's leads? How prepared are you improvise?
6. You should mention something about experience. Can a person with no experience with greek mythology join or is this heavily based on canon lore?
7. Are there resources for people to use other than wikipedia to get a better idea of greek mythology?
8. My personal recommendation: Ask what made them interested in the first place. It'll help you gauge what they're thinking before you let them join. It can help shape your plot and set expectations for all involved.

Good luck. I don't have the brain power to do an rp, but I'll be watching this as I like the tension between zeus and poseidon in particular.

Sorry for only just getting back! I've been at work all day and I'm absolutely exhausted! If the thread isn't allowed in this area I don't mind moving it, I'll be honest, I'm still confused when it comes to RPN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back