The Fabled Excaliburn (B-Class with a good chance of becoming A-Class)

Loki Odinson

God of Lies and Trickery

MISSION PROMPT APPLICATION

Mission Title: The Fabled Excaliburn

Background

Excaliburn, also known as Legendary Tool of the Gods and Blade of Damnation, is, as its titles imply, a legendary magical artifact, known as an all-powerful weapon once used to decimate armies. Man or mage, whoever possessed this weapon possessed the power to conquer all creation. However, it fell into obscurity after being lost in the aftermath of a vicious war thousands of years ago, fading into myths and legends as every attempt to find it mysteriously derailed. No one could ever find Excaliburn again, the only records of this assumed longsword exists in old tomes gathering dust in the Great Library of Fiore. But this never stopped people from trying. For the past few centuries, every few decades, enthusiastic archaeologists and scientists gather to study these tomes, each group gaining a little clue each time, placing them closer and closer to finding this legendary weapon. Finally, the present group managed to pinpoint the weapon's last known location to be somewhere on Divide Island, a relatively small island located south of Fiore in the middle of the Graveyard Sea. To get there, one must travel to Captial Crocus before taking a train to Mountain Village. From there, go to the dock where you will meet the team of scientists and archaeologists, who will pay for your one-way trip to the island. From a distance, it looks like just another ordinary island with a small town that spans most of the surface. But upon entering the town, the townsfolk seems a little strange, too friendly, too bubbly, and...everywhere...

Client: The Scholars of Excaliburn, the most recent group of people attempting to discover the legendary weapon.

Objective: Using the page of notes that is given to you by the leader of the Scholars, you will need to find out from the locals where the Shrine of Sancriox is. Apparently the altar of the shrine should lead to a network of underground caverns. Your objective is to navigate this network of caverns and find the Spring of the Damned, and the weapon should be nearby. Retrieve the weapon and return to Mountain Village, where the Scholars will bestow you a huge reward in exchange for Excaliburn.

Reward: 100k Jewels each for whoever makes it back to the Scholars alive and a magic item if you defeat the boss. (As well as the ability to boast about having discovered a legendary artifact)

Enemy: Various undead guarding the caverns, the townsfolk (possibility), the Guardian of the Shrine, Excaliburn itself (possibility), and members of Dark Guilds (if you take too long or cause too much ruckus [e.g: cause an earthquake])

Character Requirements: This mission has been marked as a B-Class mission with the possibility of becoming an A-Class due to lack of accurate information. Hence, all willing participants must be B-Class or over, with a maximum of six people, lesser required if there is more than one A-Class. Members of Legal Guilds and mercenaries welcome. However, mercenaries looking to join must prove that they will not attempt to run off with the artifact and sell it to Dark Guilds or do something along those lines. It is not open for others to hop in once the mission is underway as the client records those who accepts this mission before leaving for Divide Island. It is recommended to bring along at least one person who has a good sense of direction as the caverns can be rather confusing and misleading. 

If Salena is joining then Caina is joining as well.

Caina: ready to slack off and bug Salena for hours on end!

I took the liberty to link the characters you wish to enter here for my convenience ^-^

@Jenkins Titus Helmot (B/A-Class - Fairy Tail)

@Peaceswore Dylan Freeman (A-Class - Raven Tail)

@Skellux Videl (A-Class - Guildless)

@Rantos Caina (S-Class - Guildless)

OK, for Videl and Caina, since I did not read about an obvious event in your backstories where they took a job/jobs for a Dark Guild, they would be permitted to undertake the mission. Also, if it is only the four of you on this one, I reckon it is not really overpowered since this mission was initially placed as B to A-Class due to lack of information about possible enemies you will encounter, and it doesn't take into account Excaliburn itself. (I would tell you more about the legendary weapon, but that would be spoiling the surprise ~.^ )

And of course, with a rather strong bunch of mages, you might cause a scene, which will then attract come Dark Guild mages.

That said... @LifeNovel As stated in the Application above, the Dark Guild mages will only appear if the group takes too long or cause a lot of destruction that it attracts attention. So Ven and Sal might or might not be entering the scene.

@Ichorblooded Is it ok to have a player's character in reserve? Because I might or might not be bringing the Death Head's Caucas mages in. Would that be too many players in this one if I do?

Oh, if anyone else has questions not directly pertaining to wanting more details of the mission, feel free to ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loki Odinson I would say that's perfectly fine. For this particular prompt that sounds like a perfectly valid idea. Would you say you are ready to get this RP underway? I can create the mission RP thread for you.

Just now, Ichorblooded said:

@Loki Odinson I would say that's perfectly fine. For this particular prompt that sounds like a perfectly valid idea. Would you say you are ready to get this RP underway? I can create the mission RP thread for you.

Yep, I am ready and can start working on the opening post as the DM for this mission. Thanks ^-^

Just a heads-up for all who are participating in this, I will assume your characters are already in Mountain Village, so if you have any issues with it, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks and hopefully I don't do a piss-poor job at DMing...

@Jenkins

@Peaceswore 

@Skellux 

@Rantos 

Oh damn, I stuffed up. Raven Tail is a dark guild... *flounders*

Well, I guess it should be fine since @Peaceswore's Dylan doesn't seem to have a habit of killing people...?

Yep, I am ready and can start working on the opening post as the DM for this mission. Thanks ^-^

Just a heads-up for all who are participating in this, I will assume your characters are already in Mountain Village, so if you have any issues with it, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks and hopefully I don't do a piss-poor job at DMing...

@Jenkins

@Peaceswore 

@Skellux 

@Rantos 

I'll go ahead and create your thread! 

Well, I guess it should be fine since @Peaceswore's Dylan doesn't seem to have a habit of killing people...?

Dylan reallllllllllllly doesn't like killing people, not what people would call a fan of death. 

Though I thought Raven Tail was a legal guild, however they did illegal things in secret while still keeping a good enough front to remain just barely legal. Not positive on that though.

Just now, Peaceswore said:

Dylan reallllllllllllly doesn't like killing people, not what people would call a fan of death. 

Though I thought Raven Tail was a legal guild, however they did illegal things in secret while still keeping a good enough front to remain just barely legal. Not positive on that though.

I had it in my head that Raven Tail was a legal guild too, but I don't mind Dylan coming on board because the guild is not notorious in the way Death head's Cascus is, so it's all right.

Also, I'll try to  get the starter up soon-ish.

Well Dark Guild doesn't necessarily mean evil, bad, killy, murder. It just means that their a guild operating with out legal permission. So the membeds don't necessarily have to be evil. But that goes both ways, legal guilds don't have to be good guys either, i.e. Twilight Ogre. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven Tail was a Dark Guild that was a part of the alliance with Tartarus, and Grimoire Heart. It eventually became legal but the details of that we're never explained, however now they are dark again. There is much in store for you all... Can't wait for the Main Story Arcs to come out. 

@Loki Odinson I gave you kinda mod like abilities that allow you to basically edit posts. This is for you to use in your role play so you can edit my first post and put your opening post there.

Users who are viewing this thread