• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Exalted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Maya Misako

The sky is clear and starry. The grassy meadow is glistening in the moonlight. Maya is running through it at full speed. However, it isn't a joyous sprint. She's being chased. Her eyes were filled with fear. Behind her is an ominous hissing sound. It seems close, but as she runs, the sound fades away. Up ahead is an elderly woman kneeling on the ground. It's Maya's grandmother, Shizuna. As she stops in front of the kneeling lady, Maya goes to speak, but she is cut off.

"Why? Why, Maya? Why did you let me die? For some lightning that you can't control?" Shizuna asks Maya with disappointment and frustration in her voice.

"I-no. I didn't want you to die. I was trying to do the right thing like you said and-"

"Oh so not only do you trade my life for some underground, illegal operation, you're claiming your self-righteous decision as the right thing to do!?"

"No. That's not it. I just wanted to make you happy."

"Well you failed. You're a disgrace to me. You're not even good enough to have that bow in your hair. I made that with love and you tainted it with selfishness. Have fun with your uncontrollable magic."

Shizuna, along with the bow in Maya's hair, vanishes and Maya falls to her knees. Her hair drops down to the small of her back. Tears begin to slide down her face.

"No. No! Please come back! I'm sorry!" She yells, but her cries fall on deaf ears. The redhead slowly tilts her head downward in sadness. Suddenly, a large stream of electricity wraps around her body and squeezes her. The ominous hissing returns as Maya is constricted by a black and white python made of pure electricity. She tries her hardest to escape, but it's no use. The snake looks her in the eyes and speaks to her telepathically.

"Run all you want, little girl, but you can't escape your past. You don't deserve the air you breathe. You can't handle the electricity that flows through your veins."

The python tightens her grip on Maya. The latter shouts in pain as the snake laughs, enjoying her pain before going for a fatal bite. The dream ends a split second before Maya is killed in her sleep. She wakes up to a room full of sparks that had formed during her slumber. As she sits up, the sparks disappear. Her breaths are deep. A feeling of frustration shoots through her as she starts hitting herself and calling herself a selfish failure in her mind. This goes on for ten straight minutes. When she finally decides to stop tormenting herself for the time being, she takes a hot bath and then heads for the roof. Afraid to go back to sleep, Maya watches the sunrise. She stares off into the distance until it was breakfast time. When it was, she made her way down and ate a light breakfast, exclusively fruits. Afterwards, she heads to the training area. If she came across anyone at any point after leaving her room, she would smile and wave at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back