• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Exalted

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aloysius von Bateaux
Noble/Voice Manipulation

Ally frowned. More freedom as time went on? What did that mean? Did Jericho really not know when they could see their families again? Or had he simply dodged the quesion?

He was about to open his mouth and press the issue further, but the girl who introduced herself as Kana spoke first.

"We are all here because of our... new talents, as we know. So what can you all do?"

"<So what can you all do>?"

That wasn't Kana repeating herself. It came from Ally's lips, an imitation so perfect one would have thought it came from Kana if his mouth hadn't moved. He couldn't help but be excited to show his power off. And the question momentarily distracted him from other topics at hand.

"I've been able to do this for about three years now. I'd like to show you what else I can do, but," he glanced around at the delicate stained glass, "it isn't exactly suited for...indoors."

"<And I worked very hard to acquire these furnishings for your comfort>," he added, this time in Jericho's authoritative voice.

"I can mimic anyone as long as I've heard their voice at least once. I can project my voice as far as I can see. And I can do it without moving my lips."

"So, what do you think?" He positively beamed.

Last edited:
Vijay Kulkarni

Vijay raised an eyebrow as the young man he'd taken note of earlier performed perfect voice mimicry. It was a useful talent to be sure, and he would have to bear it in mind. The talent didn't seem particularly combat oriented, so it stood to reason that he must also be able to do other things. If it was not suited for indoors, and presuming that he had not simply been showing off his vocal talent as a parlor trick, it stood to reason that it might be a sound oriented ability. Vijay would have to wait to see if his theory was confirmed, though it intrigued him that the talents they had developed were so different. He had never really thought much about the source of magic, focused instead upon hiding all signs of it. Perhaps with some cajoling and good behavior he could acquire literature on the subject. Assuming any existed.

"What a splendid gift," Vijay said, turning his gaze towards Ally and smiling with his usual gentle smile. "I look forward to seeing what you can do."

He learned back slightly in his chair as he looked over towards Kana, maintaining his laid back expression as he placed the now slightly smoother green stone in front of him.

"As for me... Ah, I suppose I should introduce myself first. Where I come from, I am called Vijay Kulkarni," Vijay continued. He was not very accustomed to making introductions, since he generally new each person he came across back in his hometown. Yet it seemed to be the norm here, and so he was making a concerted effort to adapt his behavior. "My abilities consist of the manipulation of earthen materials. Specifically minerals. Everything from the most common stone to the rarest gemstone can change shape if I will it to do so."

He did not, however, demonstrate this. Vijay was not entirely confident he could do so to his personal standards after all. The shift in his abilities ment conscious effort translated to far more dramatic and crude effects than he intended. It pained him, somewhat, to think about this. But he nevertheless maintained his expression.

Exalted 1:10-13
1537664752388-png.484705

Exalted: Teresa Hidalgo

Teresa looked towards Ally her eyebrows raised slightly, and her eyes widened to show slight astonishment. He used his ability as if it were second nature, like a child throwing a ball. Her surprise was only more justified when Vijay confirmed his own power. His confidence made her believe that he was already well acquainted and recollecting from earlier, she had seen him with a stone in his hand. In her bafflement, she asked, “has everyone in this room already manifested some form of their magic?”

Teresa slowly lowered back into her chair, remaining poised, but her eyes held to focus on some unseen thing, nothing really, as she pondered the situation. She believed as if everyone in the room was in on a secret except for her. What was she missing? Was she already behind in this new life?

She re-engaged with the others, determined to find out what exactly she was lacking. “I have felt my potential expand after the rituals, but I myself have never discovered my true ability. I am able to gather what I believe to be the mana of the almighty himself. Like the times in which he delivered his people from the desert, but I have not been able to harness it quite yet.” She looks to everyone else, inquiring of them what they have learned, and if they could help her.

Vijay Kulkarni

As Terese spoke, Vijay's attention was drawn to her. It surprised him somewhat to hear that she did not know what powers she possessed. Perhaps he was at an advantage having years to grow accustomed to his powers. Though the sudden shift was difficult and rather frustrating to manage. At least if it was novel he wouldn't have had to lose something so important to him. Vijay took the rock back into his hand, slowly and carefully smoothing the surface as he practiced control at a painfully slow pace.

"I cannot speak for the others. However, I am certain that you should not concern yourself too much if you do not have a full understanding of your abilities," Vijay remarked. "Your very presence at this table suggests that those conducting our... trials... believe that your abilities will be an asset to us. As a matter of fact, even the most cleanly cut diamond begins in a rough form. With any luck, this training will function as lapidary for us both."

Vijay's smile was soft and, he hoped, encouraging. It intrigued him to find someone with such fervent religious convictions. His own beliefs were... ambivalent. There were many religious folk where he came from, but rarely did they speak of it. It was simply another fact of life for them. Vijay would almost be convinced that everyone simply shared the same convictions if it were not for the infrequent travelers that had passed through during his lifetime. He paused in his working of the stone in his palm, the thought pushed from his mind before he resumed.

[div class="container"] [div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] Kana [/div] [div class="characterName godName" style="display: none; color: #FFFFFF;"] Kana [/div] [div class="characterTitle godTitle" style="display: none; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: #FFFFFF;"] HOLDER OF LIGHT [/div] [/div]

[div class="textContainer"] [div class="textChild"] [div class="text"]
Kana’s eyes visibly widened in surprise as she was mimicked, unsure if she was more unsettled or impressed by the voice that sounded like no less than her own. He seemed plenty confident in this skill of his already, which she realized shouldn’t be all that shocking. Some of these people were already magic users it seemed. It only made sense that those who had noticed and utilized their talents beforehand would be a bit ahead already.

“Impressive.” She responded softly, gaze shifting to the dark haired male, Vijay as he introduced himself. While he didn’t demonstrate Kana was still impressed by the description. The manipulation of more physical matter seemed far more handy to her currently than say, her own abilities.

She found herself studying Teresa yet again as Vijay spoke to her, interest piqued by this power of hers. The mana of the almighty? She would be very interested in seeing how that manifested as time went on.

“We all still have plenty to learn. That is why he’s here, after all.” Kana stated plainly to the light haired female, a flick of her gaze indicating she was referring to Jericho. “Perhaps with that determination of yours you may even surpass us all.”
[/div] [/div]
[/div] [/div] [class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/0f/11/e30f11cb3128e236c4e1d9697e7e07f6.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/0f/11/e30f11cb3128e236c4e1d9697e7e07f6.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer fadeIn 500 humanName fadeIn 500 humanTitle [/script]​

Maya Misako
A rune in her shoulder? From what it sounded like in terms of Jericho's description, it was equivalent to a remote controlled off switch. A permanent one. This didn't sit well with Maya. For all she knew, one bad move and her life would be gone in a flash. It brought back memories. Painful ones from the experiments that she endured. It was a feeling of pressure mixed in with the entrapment of being at the mercy of someone else. Similar to what Kana had said to her earlier, they were all puppets forced to do the bidding of their marionettist or risk getting their strings cut. Even Jericho, the man she had suspected to have quite a bit of influence, seemed to be just another dog with a chain. However, in a situation like this, Maya knew it was best for her to stay positive if for no other reason that to provide a spark of hope to those around her.

Maya's attention shifted back to Kana when she heard her ask everyone what they could do. A simple, but very tactically effective question. It didn't take long for her question to be answered, or in this case, asked again. "So what can you all do?" was the question. Had Maya not been looking at the girl to her left when she asked, she would have been certain that it was the same person repeating herself. Instead, it was Ally who spoke. She was amazed at this. The well-dressed man revealed that his talent was vocal mimicry along with something that he deemed unfit for an indoor setting. Such a skill may not seem as handy in open combat with the mutated, but it could very well prove vital in stealth missions and sneak attacks. It was quite an impressive ability. Maya wondered what else he was capable of.

The next person to speak, Vijay, described his skills as an ability to manipulate minerals. By the way it sounded, anywhere that wasn't in the clouds or underwater was his playground. Maya liked the sound of this and was anxious to see his skills in action. After his explanation was not another show of abilities, but rather a question from the quiet, but bold woman sitting across from her. She asked if everyone had manifested their magic to some extent at this point before admitting that while she had an idea of what she was capable of, she had not exactly figured it out. Maya felt sad that Teresa had not yet discovered her potential. Fortunately, that sadness rapidly evaporated as Vijay and Kana were quick to assure the blonde that she will be able to learn and develop whatever ability she may have. The sight of continued friendliness and encouragement had started to give Maya a sense of happiness. Though it was not easy to notice, the bang of hair that covered her eye slowly, but swiftly moved in a way similar to the way small ripples run when a pebble is lightly tossed in water. Something was flowing through that portion of her hair.

"Discovered abilities or not, Vijay's right." Maya said to the girl that sat across from her. Her voice was confident, but also sprinked with an increasing amount of encouragement as she continued to speak. "Just you being here right now proves that you're worthy of being here, and I'm sure whatever it is that you're capable of is amazing. Who knows, maybe Kana's right and you may end up fully mastering your skills before anyone else. You just have to believe that you can do it. Eventually, believing that you can achieve will turn into you achieving what you believed you could and maybe more." By this time, Maya's happiness grew into excitement, and with it, her hair started moving a bit more, as if a breeze was passing through it. Since she was looking the lady of faith in her eyes, it was possible for Teresa to see a spark or two of electricity in Maya's eyes. Additionally, anyone close enough with good enough hearing could faintly hear the sound of flowing electricity.

The journey from Lilly's room to the mess hall had been one of abject chaos for the guards; the young woman had been fairly cruel with them - often outpacing the armoured guards, or outright losing them as she stepped from shadow to shadow down the winding hallways and corridors. She wouldn't go so far as to lose them entirely. A dozen or so seconds of searching and the guards would find her, impatiently tapping her foot and shaking her head with a mocking remark about how they were going to end up late at this pace. This occurred several times, and each time Lilly would give them a knowing wink before the short journey would resume. The statements were prophetic, as Lillian knew they would be.

Lillian had been somewhat ignorant of the purpose of this particular journey and its destination. Indeed as the doors to the hall loomed in front of her, she was unaware of what lied in the room beyond. When they opened, the eighteen year old was surprised by the sight that greeted her. The room held a sense of grandeur about it that she had only seen in buildings masterminded by great architects. A plethora of colours covered the perimeter of the room, projected by the stained-glass depictions of religious and historical figures. Four pillars, covered in spirals, supported the ornate oak roof that reached abo-
Lilly's mind wandered off the architecture as she registered the people in the room. They were surrounding a mahogany table, sitting on top of spruce chairs. She was aware they were chatting among themselves and was generally curious about what their conversation could be about. Most of them appeared to be about her age - doubtless they were also in the same situation as her.
"Enter," one of the guards motioned.
"In a moment," was Lilly's dismissive reply. She took that moment to survey the people in the room, her eyes eventually landing on Vijay. Why not have a bit of fun with her introduction?
"Now."
Lilly smiled, nodded, and stepped into the shadow of the door, and reappeared instantly, stepping out of the shadow behind Vijay's chair.
She turned to face the congregation with a playful look in her eyes, "
So sorry I'm late. Turns out the guards aren't very good at navigating and I ended up getting a very nice tour of the rest of the facilities here. Did I miss introductions? Or any other interesting information for that matter?"

Vijay Kulkarni

Vijay inhaled sharply as Lilly appeared behind him, and in an instant he was gripping a small dagger in this hand. The stone he had been toying with earlier and his golden bracelet had smoothly combined to form a crude, but nevertheless sharply pointed blade. He managed to catch himself just as it materialized, stopping short of turning or raising it to attack. Vijay had seen her come in, and knew it must be her behind him, but nevertheless had found himself startled anyways. He continued facing forward, drawing the weapon close to himself and covering it with his hands.

Clearing his throat somewhat awkwardly, Vijay crumpled the makeshift weapon as one might crumple a sheet of paper. His blush was somewhat obscured by his already dark complexion. As he held the crushed object in hands, he glanced back over his shoulder.

"Ah... As a matter of fact, we were in the process of introducing ourselves, so you are just in time," Vijay asked, the slightest of tremors in his voice soon working itself out to return to a level tone. "And I am sure our friends Jericho will fill you in on what information you have missed."

Kellan sat silently, apparently resigned. He thought it was free. After all those experiments, after all that pain and suffering, far worse than he experienced in all of his life, he realized he was just in a bigger cage. His hands were clutching the gold trimmed ends of the table, the gold melting and clutching the former slave's hands, as if it was returning to its place of origin. He shook his head ever so slightly, not even listening to anything anymore. He wanted to be free. He wanted to find his mother. He wanted to rise from that chair and walk away from that place, never to return. He could only close his eyes, tears fighting to escape.

Exalted 1:14-15
1537664752388-png.484705

Exalted: Teresa Hidalgo

Teresa looked towards Vijay. His reassurance toward her worries, coupled with his smile brought a smile of gratitude in return. His calm and mature demeanor was very unlike his age. Then she looked to Kana, who pointed out that they were gathered to be taught and honed by that man. Teresa’s confidence grew, her chest lifted, yes, even righteous blades began as unrecognizable ore, even fishermen become apostles. Then as Maya spoke, and excitement filled her voice, Teresa felt a kinship with that excitement, that she felt that sparks connected between the two, as if she were seeing actual sparks. Mana gathered, and swelled, and lifted from beneath her feet as an incorporeal force that buffeted her robe and caused her hair to raise like a lions mane. It was a wind that no other could physically sense. Two lionesses have found one another, two lionesses of lightning and thunder.

I am blessed to have you as my companions in this day, I-” then a woman, Lilly unbeknownst to her, appeared behind Vijay. It surprised her enough that she lost track of what she was saying, and the unreal wind died.

Marigold Atwood

Location: Mess Hall | Interacting with: @ Everyone in the Mess Hall| Mentions: Morskoy Strelok Morskoy Strelok ApfelSeine ApfelSeine Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide Baconhands Baconhands

Marigold smiled at the compliment given to her for the rumour, happy to have some sort of positive interaction with another human being. So far, hostility had been the primary emotion she showed towards pretty much every guard and person above her, so it was a nice breath of fresh air.

The conversation moved fast, though, and Mari found herself in between a thorough discussion that she was hesitant to answer. Doubt still clouded her mind, and it had been quite a while since she had even experienced anything like this. It took a bit to adapt, so she just took her time by listening carefully to the many words spoken. From Jericho's deeper voice answering a multitude of questions to the start of an introduction round, Marigold tried her best to keep her attention on everything.

When the first person started speaking about his ability, Marigold found her severely impressed yet confused at the same time. Her understanding of magic did not go further than touching plants and making them grow, so she definitely felt like she was witnessing something odd, to say the least.

Next was a male whose ability was just as unique and surprising as the one before. Mari could only eye him in curiosity before the next spoke up.

Then came the girl who sat beside her, inquiring that she actually didn't know of her ability quite yet. Her following words were a bit confusing to the other blonde, for she couldn't quite measure what exactly she was hinting at. Nevertheless, Mari did agree with the advice and further things said to her new companion.

Things were going pretty well for her as she slowly got used to her surroundings. Marigold was obviously still wary, but the people sitting at the table alongside her seemed pretty nice so far. So much talking still caught her quite off guard, but it was not something she disliked. However, the sudden scare caused by a new face did happen to be something she'd rather not have experienced.

With a slight jump in her chair, Mari looked over to the girl standing behind Vijay out of literally nowhere. She slowly started to understand again why people were afraid of magic in the first place, for tricks like that were truly frightening. Mari also noticed she wasn't the only one affected by the sudden appearance, for the person beside her seemed to have been cut off as well.

Marigold shook her head in an attempt to get out of her haze of hesitance, knowing all too well that it was best to not stay on the sidelines for too long. She didn't like it anyway, being silent. It was totally not her thing.

"So.. speaking of introductions, I figure it would be best to introduce myself as well." Mari would say, her eyes going left to right as she searched for a reaction. "My name is Marigold Atwood, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I have the ability to control plants, which sounds rather dull now that I say it out loud, but I can grow them really fast too-" Mari went silent for a second realizing that the latter sounded just as bad as the former, releasing a minor sigh as an acknowledgement of making herself sound awfully useless.

"Anyway," She would start again. "I look forward to getting to know you all despite our circumstances not being.. ideal per say."

code by Ri.a

Kyler Ward

Kyler observed the other Exalted around him, betraying no emotion as a few of them demonstrated their magic powers that they must have gained from that torturous ritual they had been a part of just weeks prior. Watching them made Kyler wonder at his own newly gained powers, for he must have some sort of power lest he would either not be here or dead. Did hearing the wailing echoes of the dead count as a power? Kyler frowned, his brows furrowing as he turned his gaze to the gold-trimmed table, his hands tightening into fists as the group continued to chatter around him. At least he finally found out what that thing on his shoulder was. He had tried, and failed, to remove it ever since he discovered it the day after he awoke from the Ritual, bothered by the foreign device implanted into his body. So it was a leash, a magical leash. So much for wanting to escape. He had to find a way to remove it, preferably without having to remove his entire arm.

So lost in his own thoughts, Kyler did not notice the strange energy surrounding the guy sat directly opposite Jericho; a pale, platinum haired boy whose attention was firmly fixed upon Kyler. Kyler felt something churn within him as he stared back at the boy, his onyx eyes beginning to glow a soft golden colour. Kyler shifted uncomfortably in his seat, an alien feeling running up his spine as he became acutely aware of the boy's presence; was he using some sort of power on Kyler?
That was when he saw it.
It was faint, but to Kyler it was noticeable. A single glowing thread attached to the boy's chest, dancing in an non-existent breeze. Nobody else in the room seemed to notice it, and that guy was the only one who had it. The feeling of power built up within Kyler, that alien feeling wanting to reach out and snatch at the thread. Kyler felt panic rise up within him as that feeling grew more intense, his eyes glowing brighter as the thread from the boy danced closer to him. Whatever this was it is was unfamiliar and Kyler did not like it one bit.
Kyler stood up suddenly, throwing his chair back carelessly, letting it fall onto the floor, the crash seeming deafening compared to the idle chatter around the room. Kyler's heart was beating quickly as he backed away from the boy, trying his hardest to drag his gaze away from him. "What are you doing to me?" Kyler demanded, his hands beginning to shake as he took another step back. He suddenly felt very claustrophobic, the walls of the Mess Hall seeming to close around him as he felt that unfamiliar power swirl in his core. Kyler felt nausea rise in him as he turned to look at the others in room, his eyes widening with shock as he beheld the strangest sight.
Every single person around the table had the strangest glowing orbs of energy emanating from their chests. The glow differed in shade on each person, but they were bright and almost blinding to Kyler's eyes. He couldn't stare at the orbs for long for his eyes couldn't take the brightness, yet they all seemed completely unconcerned about whatever it was that was on their chests. Apparently the platinum-haired boy triggered something within Kyler, as he never saw those orbs before. Kyler breathed heavily, forcing his gaze downwards onto the floor, his eyes aching from being exposed to all that brightness at once. He felt overwhelmed, and confused. What was happening to him?
"I... I need to leave." Kyler choked out, desperately seeking the solace of his room to go through what had just happened in his head. "I agree to whatever it is you're proposing. I just... I just have to go."

Kyler was unsure if he was even allowed to leave, seeing as the guards practically dragged him here. But nevertheless he walked towards the door, his footsteps loud on the hard ground. He didn't look at the platinum-haired boy again, afraid of what that power within him might do. Power... Was this what the Ritual had done to him? Make him crazy?
Kyler paused at the door exiting the Mess Hall, his hand hovering on the doorknob. He hoped that nobody would try to stop him from leaving, as he was afraid he couldn't handle all these feelings hitting him at once.

Last edited:
Maya Misako

Maya couldn't describe it, but there was some sort of connection between herself and the blonde girl sitting across from her. Her eyes widened when she noticed that Teresa's hair started moving as well. It was a wild phenomena, but it did nothing more than add a depth of curiosity. Could learning more about this woman of faith help the crimson lightning bolt learn more about herself as well? She had to know. Maya listened to the blonde speak before getting interrupted by a newcomer popping out of Vijay's shadow. The lady's sudden appearance broke Maya's concentration. Her hair came to a stop and rested over her eye once more.

Maya's attention focused on the new girl that literally appeared from the shadows. If that was what she was capable of, it was amazingly nightmarish. Maya listened as the woman asked if she had missed anything. Vijay's response to her was perfectly accurate. It was a bit of a quick moment of shock, but nothing too wild. As the 5'3 teen relaxed a bit in her seat, things flew off the rails when one of the earlier entrants, Kyler, suddenly started having a panic attack. It was similar to the ones Maya had when her claustrophobia had been triggered too long. However, they were in an open space, so it had to be something else that made him toss his chair back. By the looks of it, it had something to do with the guy with silver hair. She didn't want to immediately go up to him in fear of scaring him off, so she made a note to check on him after he had time to calm down a bit.

[div class="container"] [div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] Kana [/div] [div class="characterName godName" style="display: none; color: #FFFFFF;"] Kana [/div] [div class="characterTitle godTitle" style="display: none; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; color: #FFFFFF;"] HOLDER OF LIGHT [/div] [/div]

[div class="textContainer"] [div class="textChild"] [div class="text"]
Kana watched the conversation before her unfold with keen interest. Her figure slouched slightly, indicating some small modicum of ease. Pale blue eyes shifted between every individual as they took their turns speaking. Her body tensed when the new girl who had just entered vanished and reappeared before their very eyes. It was an unsettling ability to witness, of that there was no doubt. She couldn't help but wonder what the mechanics of her ability were. Could she just teleport anywhere? If that was the case Kana didn't know why she wouldn't teleport out of this place though, unless she wanted to be here. The prospect of magic and power was alluring to some, she knew. As well as serving the kingdom for some, though she was more skeptical of that.

While briefly startled by the formless wind that seemed to take up around Teresa, her attention was rapidly drawn elsewhere. Someone was having some sort of breakdown it seemed; shaky and eager to escape. He seemed to have been fixated on the masked one at the end of the table. Curious. Did he cause this? Perhaps he had some sort of hexing power? She'd have to keep an eye on that. More likely it was a coincidence but, she had a feeling her new reality was one in which she should suspect everything. Magic was abound, after all.

"I think you'd have more luck that way." Kana pointed towards the spiral staircase off to the side, voice calm but prominent as she tried to catch the panicking one's attention. "I'm guessing our new accommodations are there."

She doubted that Jericho, if he was truly responsible for this rooms furnishings, would continue to have them staying in the dismal cells that had been their homes up until now. He seemed the type to pay attention to details such as that, if the craftsmanship and ornamentation of this room was any indication. She was curious to explore the upper floors herself, but she would wait until these current conversations came to a close.

[/div] [/div]
[/div] [/div] [class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/0f/11/e30f11cb3128e236c4e1d9697e7e07f6.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/0f/11/e30f11cb3128e236c4e1d9697e7e07f6.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer fadeIn 500 humanName fadeIn 500 humanTitle [/script]​

Kellan managed to calm himself down. It was only then that he realized that the table was already completely devoid of gold, the shiny metal running up his hands. Kellan could feel the warmth, but it didn't hurt him. The symbol on his hands were glowing brightly, a telltale sign of his ability usage. Kellan shook his head and rose form the table, unsure of what to do with the gold swirling in his arms. He approached the group of Exalted talking, and waved, both greeting the group and showing the problem. "I'm uh... I'm Kellan. Kellan Ithric. Can... can someone help me with this? I don't know what to do." He was still afraid of talking freely like that, and resented deeply his outburst against Jericho. He was still coming to terms with his newfound limited freedom.

Thali wasn't about to argue with Jericho, so, she decided to do something unexpected, and follow his instruction. She looked on as Kana asked for talent, and talent was provided.

Ally's gift was unexpected to say the least. When she heard him mimic Jericho perfectly she burst out laughing.
"That's legend that is!" She was beaming at him once she recovered. "Oh I think you and I are going to be very good friends!"
Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide

Vijay was next and his magic was impressive too. "So, can you like, sense where gems are in the earth too? Can you make us rich?"
She nodded along with the voices of encouragement given to Teresa, still not entirely sure what to make of the young clergywoman .
ApfelSeine ApfelSeine

She took a moment to withdraw from the conversation, catching the man called Kellan wrestling with his emotions. If he looked up he would find her sitting casually on the table beside him. She didn't speak, only put out a hand to squeezed his shoulder gently. For whatever comfort it offered, he wasn't alone.
Gabe Gabe

Lilly appeared then and Thali also recorded her gift, thinking of many different uses for it.
"I like her." She stated with a thumb in the late-comer's direction. Baconhands Baconhands

Marigold spoke next and Thali wished she had anything for her gift to work on. She desperately wanted to see this gift for herself, if it could do as much damage as the rumours said.
"It's bloody fantastic, trust me." She assured the others. Danidify Danidify

Kyler's outburst drew her attention.
"Uh-oh Jericho, I'll let you handle that one, but you better give him some space--blimey!"
She interrupted herself to exclaim as Kellan came into their circle, liquid gold dancing about his arms like a lively pet.
"I-I dunno! Did you try putting it down?" She backed away from him, not too keen on touching what looked like molten metal snaking its way about his person.
"Jerichooooo."
ShiyaRose ShiyaRose Gabe Gabe

Once a safe distance she cleared her throat.
"Well, these are all very impressive gifts." She stated with no small amount of approval.
"But if you want to see what I can do...are you brave enough to take my hand?"
She grinned at them all with a hint of mischief dancing in her eyes. Her palm was upturned as she extended a hand, waiting for someone to let curiosity get the better of them.
@ all present

Vijay Kulkarni

Vijay slowly rose to his feet, gold and stone wrapping around his wrist to create a bracelet with a strangely marbled pattern. His gaze turned towards Kellan, glancing to Thali as she spoke up. Things were getting a bit chaotic, but perhaps that was to be expected under the circumstances. Undergoing training would likely be a great benefit to them all. He pushed his chair aside as he stepped away from the table, sparing only a glance at the person who had appeared behind him.

"Perhaps... In just a moment I would be willing to let you demonstrate upon me," Vijay said as he looked back to Thali. "Presuming you get no other volunteer. For the time being however..."

His gaze shifted and he moved towards Kellan, knowing that he would most likely be the best to handle his predicament. Their powers appeared similar, yet at the same time different. The shining gold which creeped up Kellan's arms appeared fluid, almost alive. But still, Vijay reasoned that it should still be possible for him to help.

"Kellan, I believe I can help you... If you are willing to trust me with that," Vijay said. His tone was gentle, yet with a strong conviction. It would not do to express any doubts at this point after all. "Gold is well within the scope of my abilities."

He flashed Kellan a reassuring smile, standing in front of him with outstretched hands, palms up in a peaceful gesture.

"Your gift is brilliant my friend," Vijay continued, speaking softly as though in confidence. "You should feel free to relax. We are all comrades here."

Lilly's introduction had the desired effect among most of the people in attendance - a slight jump that would leave some form of impression. She was glad that she hadn't missed many introductions and was actually somewhat eager to introduce herself. However, it became quickly apparent that it wasn't necessarily the ideal situation to do so. One of her future comrades appeared to be on the brink of tears while another was apparently having some form of panic attack. There was a brief moment where Lilly felt somewhat responsible for both of these, though as the two situations developed it became clear that neither had been caused by her.
After listening to a couple of introductions, and observing some demonstrations of abilities (all of which Lillian found intriguing rather than impressive), Lilly smiled and resolved to introduce herself. Stepping to the side of Vijay's chair, the young woman took a slight bow, and then straightened her back, a polite yet upbeat tone to her voice, "It truly is a pleasure to meet my fellow prisoners, especially such gifted ones that look like they've gone through the same wonderful experience as me. My name is Lillian, most people call me Lilly. If you didn't catch what I can do just then, I'm sure you will see me do it in the future many times."
@ everyone

As Thali stated her approval, Lilly gave her a wink. Soon after she was offering her hand to the group, daring them to take it and see what she could do. Lillian almost grinned at such an offer - what's the worst that could happen? She stepped back into the shadow of Vijay's chair and out of Thali's. Lilly positioned herself so that she was to Thali's right and took her hand quickly but not forcefully.
"Is there going to be a reward for my bravery? Or is your ability that you're just very persuasive?" The young woman asked jokingly.
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Kellan looked at the bejeweled man. He was certainly sure of himself, the way that he talked and looked at Kellan's arms, currently covered by molten gold. "Okay, but... It's really hot, do you think you can deal with that? I can cool it down, I think, I just need to calm down..." He said, but at the same time, he extended his hands towards the man. The gold clutched Kellan's arm like it was living, refusing to even shed a drop. It was extremely hot, if one would touch they would definitely burn themselves. Kellan gave a nervous chuckle. "I think I can move it... shape it, even." He said, the gold slowly coalescing in his wrists.

Vijay Kulkarni

Vijay watched as the gold shifted and moved, responding to Kellan's will. He nodded approvingly, and smiled as he raised his own wrist, pointing towards the band of gold and emerald which seamlessly encircled his wrist.

"Try shaping it like this," Vijay encouraged. "If you envision what you want it to do, I'm sure you can harness this metal yourself. Just like you are doing there... Believe that the gold will do what you want it to do."

He lowered his wrist watching Kellan's movements closely. If the young man could help himself, that was all the better. Self discovery was too valuable on experience for Vijay to be willing to interfere any more than necessary. And perhaps... If Kellan could figure out how to gently shift the metal to his will, then Vijay too could better understand the delicate movements required for less crude work. At least, that was a possibility.

Kellan looked at Vijay's bracelet, taking note of its shape. Closing his eyes, he started to concentrate on the sound that the gold was giving. Slowly, but surely, the gold started to gather in Kellan's wrist, mimicking its shape.

The gold was dissonant. It was high and low, narrow and wide, several voices trying to outscream one another. Kellan tried to focus on one voice, but it was surrounded by a cacophony of others.

Kellan's face scrunched up, and the gold started losing shape once again. Vijay's words were the only thing he heard aside from the gold. "Believe that the gold will do what you want it to do." Kellan calmed down, and dived.

The gold was in disharmony. It was hard and soft, hot and cold... It ached for form, for purpose. Kellan focused on the one voice, pushing the others back. It was the base of what he wanted to do. The other voices died out, the one he concentrated making the gold uniform. Making the gold one.

Kellan calmed his breath, and his expression softened. The gold took the same shape of what Vijay had, seemingly perfect in shape and size. When Kellan opened his eyes, the last drop of gold took its place, and a pleasant noise, bell-like, echoed through the room. The gold bracelets didn't give any more heat, and now rested casually in Kellan's wrists. A drop of sweat poured from his forehead, and it was only then that Kellan realized how tired he was. "Haah... That... that was strange..."

Last edited:
Vijay Kulkarni

Vijay watched, somewhat on edge as he observed Kellan working the metal. He beamed once Kellan had finished, sensing the shift in the gold from fluid to solid. Seeing Kellan successfully manipulating the gold, albeit with some effort, was very satisfying. It appeared to suggest that if they applied themselves, each of those chosen to join this group would be able to harness their abilities. Additionally, it intrigued Vijay to see that Kellhan's abilities included shifting metals between phases. That was something that Vijay, to his knowledge, had no control over. To him, all things were what they were. It was merely in shaping them that he took any control over things himself.

"Perhaps. Though you have done an excellent job," Vijay praised him, moving to gently place a hand on his back. "Please take a seat with us. It won't do to have you overexert yourself."

As he gently guided Kellan towards a chair, Vijay smiled softly as he reflected somewhat upon past events. Some have said that he tended to be a bit soft on others, particularly with his tendency to fuss over their health and wellbeing. Vijay found that perspective somewhat amusing, though he could understand why some might think that way about him. Rather, he much preferred it when people did.

"Now that would be a great magic." Thali replied as Lilly teased her. She was grinning. "Don't let go."
In the next moment she was in the air, she'd made only a small jump, but all of a sudden she was weightless, and so was Lilly. They floated lazily up, Thali keeping a firm grip on the hand that had been entrusted to her. She turned in mid-air as they neared the roof, alighting upside down on one of the rungs of the chandelier. Thali held the stick of a candle delicately to keep them in place, watching the flame lap towards the vaulted ceiling below.
The sensation was still strange, no matter how many times she did this: there was no longer a sense of down or up, right or left. Anything was possible.
"The catch is, I have to be touching whatever I affect."
Slowly they began to sink back down, Thali turning them around again so they didn't land on their heads.
"Imagine if we were outside?"
Thali had tested it only a few times; soaring through the air in long, high leaps. The compound, though large, couldn't accommodate how far she wanted to go, or how far she believed she could. For now, she had to be content with a trip to the ceiling.
In the last few moments of the drop Thali's control slipped a hair and they dropped suddenly, too suddenly for the young thief to keep her feet. She hit the ground on her rump and broke into a laugh as she lay in a heap on the cold stone floor.
"Ta-da!" She spread her hands wide and resumed laughing.
Baconhands Baconhands @all present

Not entirely sure what to expect, Lilly tried to brace herself for anything. What ended up happening was something she wasn't entirely sure she could have predicted. It was a strange and alien sensation to say the least; one moment the ground was beneath her feet, the next it wasn't. It was almost instinctive for her to withdraw her hand but fortunately Thali's grip held firm. A few seconds past of lazy drifting; Lilly wasn't used to it by any stretch of the margin but she certainly wasn't terrified. When they reached the ceiling, specifically the chandelier, Thali had already flipped them so they were now looking... upwards at the everyone else... below? Lilly wasn't certain. She looked around the ceiling and already ideas were coming to mind about how this ability could be used to her advantage. They were turned around again as they started to slowly descend, when Thali posed a question. Lillian simply responded with a half-knowing grin. The grin was wiped off her face when they suddenly accelerated the last little part of the journey.
A surprised gasp escaped her lips as she hit the ground and almost lost her balance, ungraciously stumbling and barely staying on her feet. The sound of Thali's laughter reassured the young woman that neither of them had been injured. Soon after the words "Ta-da" had been uttered Lilly had joined her companion in the laughter.
She offered a hand to Thali to help her stand after the laughter had subsided, "I think we're going to get along very well you and me." Lillian offered Thali a mischievous smile when she spoke, "When I can, I'll be sure to repay you for the experience."
SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Hah... Okay..." He let hismelf being led by Vijay towards the chair. His body felt heavy, but his expression was pleased. "It was so foreign... I was scared for a moment... Thank you for your help." He beamed at Vijay, but a thought went through his mind, changing his expression in a millisecond. "Oh no, they're gonna be angry..." He placed his hands under the table, looking at all sides, searching for the one who would punish him. "What do I do, I stole from them..." He looked at Vijay again, pleading. "Help me hide these, I can't be seen with jewelry! They'll tie me up to the pillory again!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back