• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Equestrian Redemption (DnD 5e for beginners and experienced players)

Sunstone

This sentence is false.
(this is set in the "my little pony: friendship is magic" universe, so if you're a bigot you don't wanna try that out, it's fine.)
The time in which this event is unknown, lost to the chaos. What is known is how it happened. It is common knowledge that earth ponies are naturally strong and generally born into working families. While the unicorns... Be unicorns, and the Pegasi control the weather, the earth ponies grew food and did the hard labor such as construction. During some unknown period an extremist group of earth ponies, who like majority of earth ponies were sick of working, had snuck into canterlot and released discord, hoping he would aid them in taking over equestria and letting earth ponies rule. However, they were blinded by anger and power. Discord went on a rampage destroying most of canterlot, and the earth ponies retreated to the wild. The Pegasi and unicorns managed to imprison discord again. After some time, the Pegasidecided that discord would not be safe locked away in canterlot where both earth ponies and unicorns could release him, and got into a debate over whether or not he should be locked up in a prison high in the sky. The quarrel caused them to split up, the Pegasi stealing the statue that held discord and locking it away. The alicorns stayed away in canterlot, and blocked any other of the races from entering. However, Princess Celestia sent an agent to set up a tavern in a large village run by ponies trying to unite the three races. This is where our story begins...
Ooc/character sheets
Current music track (please play while reading replies for that ambience.)

Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal is go-gming so if he/she makes a strange post that's why.

Last edited:
Sorry about leaving the other game, we've managed to recover enough for me to be able to get on a little bit more often, and I'd love to introduce my OC to this universe if you'd have me! =]

Sorry about leaving the other game, we've managed to recover enough for me to be able to get on a little bit more often, and I'd love to introduce my OC to this universe if you'd have me! =]
Alright man, go ahead and P P P Post that character.

The sound of carts rattling, of miscellaneous chatter between all three races of ponies. The occasional sight of a large Minotaur trying to fit into the pony-sized furniture. The sound of meat sizzling on the large stovetop. You're definitely in the city of firewheel, the only current city in which all three races of ponies, and even minotaurs, are allowed to live in harmony. You're at the tavern known as the "tri-vern" a very silly name, but meant to emphasize on the diversity of the city. (Zootopia vibes anyone?) One of the greatest factors about the tavern is the live music, which is enjoyable and blocks out the annoying sounds of the crowd.

It's been a mostly uneventful day, whether you live in firewheel or are just stopping in to rest for the night, or perhaps week. It's pretty late into the evening and there's not many suspicious figures in the tavern, except for one Minotaur sitting with a Pegasus at the large booth in the corner of the tavern. They appear to be playing some sort of card game. The tavern keep is talking with a unicorn wearing a hood, covering most of their face.

A few guards clad in basic armor wielding nothing but wooden clubs stand by the door, one pony standing oddly close to them, crouched down behind one. You may choose who to interact with, or you may choose to interact with each other. The main plot won't start until this little interaction segment to get some side quests.

Fable Works, hummed a soft tune that was trapped in his head before he managed to come to. Standing up, he'd quietly make his way over to the bar before requesting a mug of apple cider. It for sure wouldn't be as good as the Cider from Ponyville, but it was Cider nonetheless. With a few gulps of the drink, he'd look around for maybe a bit of conversation.

[TLDR: YOU CAN IGNORE EVERYTHING ABOVE THE DASHED LINE.]

"Force Magnitude."

In the great hall of Canterlot castle, Celestia stood with wings unfurled, her eyes ablaze with righteous fury. A small green unicorn, in the grip of Celestia's magic, floated a few feet in front of her.

"You stand accused of treason."

Her voice shook the entire castle to its foundations, threatening to shatter the stained glass windows lining the hall. The guards on either side of her throne, some fifty yards behind her, cowered and covered their ears. Nopony alive had heard her use the royal canterlot voice.

"You have endangered Equestria."

The unicorn twisted and struggled in the air, but could not speak.

"You attacked me and my sister."

Celestia's volume continued to increase. The booming echoes of her voice could be heard outside the castle. Cobblestones cracked. Flakes of old plaster shook loose from the sides of buildings.

"But worst of all, you have harmed innocent ponies. This, I will not forgive."

Celestia released her magical grip, and the unicorn dropped to the floor, bouncing once. She lay there, shuddering.

"Stand."

The unicorn was on her feet immediately, without realizing it.

"The accused may speak before her sentencing."

"Do your worst, you huge, white... witch!" screamed the unicorn. She sounded small and weak in the vast hall.

Celestia only nodded. "Your sentence is as follows," she said, now speaking in her normal voice. "First, you will be stripped of your magic."

The unicorn thrashed about as her power flowed out of her, dissipating into the air.

"Second, you will be exiled from my realm, never to return. However. You will be exiled, not in space, but in time."

The unicorn, exhausted from having her power drained, only barely had time to cock her head in confusion, before the world slid away from her.

-------

When finally she regained her senses, she found herself lying on the side of a dirt road, with buildings around it, reminding her of Ponyville, except for the older style of architecture. Before doing anything else, she mentally took stock of her magic.

Only a few basic spells. Nearly everything is gone.

She cursed under her breath. ("Ponyfeathers!") Looking around for points of interest, she came across a building with a sign out front - though she didn't recognize the image on it (three ponies, one of each race), the style was unmistakable. Some things never changed.

Upon entering, she ignored everypony, looking first for any kind of bulletin board that might have job openings on it. She had no possessions and no money. Everything was back at her little shack in the world from which she had been banished. If she failed to find such a board, she sauntered up to the bar and asked the bartender, first for the name of the town, and then if she knew of any openings in the area - she offered to wash dishes, if she needed the help.

Last edited:
Alpha centaurey walked through the small town her cloak hiding her body and species from view. When she entered the tavern she looked around and saw several stallions looking at her grinning drunkly at her as she walked up to the counter wishing to get a room for the night. she soon felt someone come up beside her and behind her and turned around to find it was the unicorn who had woken up on the side of the road and fable works. She growled her nerves shot from having to be alert near costently to keep from being killed as she turned back around requesting a room for the night. Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal SynKast SynKast

Last edited:
After a brief period of time, the music stops and a few ponies start to gather around the windows of the tavern, staring outside at something... Or somepony. Through the large doors of the tavern comes a black stallion wearing a noble looking robe, with a sword strapped to his front left leg.

"Greetings, I come with a message from princess celestia herself. With tension growing between the three races and the earth ponies nowhere to be found, she has issued that a reward will be given to anyone who retrieves discord from his prison in the sky, and brings it to canterlot. In order to achieve this you must first prove yourself worthy of the task by venturing into the goblin-infested gem mines in order to bring me a gem from within. Good luck, will there be any volunteers?"

Fable Works, was lost in his work as the sudden noble stood up and started requesting a job that was coming from Canterlot that involved a series of intense dangers. A smile came over his face as he stood up, "I volunteer! This is the perfect opportunity to write new stories of lore and legend!"

Alaph turned to look at him "i two shall volunteer so as to get revenge on the goblin that took my amulet" she growled her cloak hiding her from veiw only her eyes and mussel could be seen her eyes flaring a bright yellow in anger as she growled lowly from the memory and wished to pay the goblin back for the scar on her side

Force Magnitude swaggered up between the other two, rudely pushing them aside, and with a haughty flip of her mane, said, "Fear not, my little pony! For I, the gracious and noble Force Magnitude shall solve all your problems! Behold!" She offered a glass of water which she had previously ordered to a random bar patron to taste, and confirm that it was, indeed, water. Her horn glowed, and the glass glowed, but its appearance remained the same. "Now, drink again." The patron sipped, and his eyes widened. "Blimey! It tastes like cider!"

"You see?" said Magnitude, turning back to the messenger, smiling smugly, and with a hoof outstretched for greater drama. "There is no problem beyond the most powerful sorceress in the land!" She laughed, really hamming it up now. "Now, I shall only require a nominal advance payment, so that I might acquire a few basic supplies."

She whispered to the two on either side of her, "Psst! What are goblins?"

Last edited:
Alpha centaurey looked at the mare in disgust "you wont last a second against them show mare" she growled razor sharp teeth could be seen when she opened her mouth "one wrong move and your as good as gone" she said with a dark grin remembering the fight she had with the beasts

"Alright, we have the... The... Force magnitude? That name rings a bell... No matter... Next we have the fish, and the noblepony. Alright then, I'll expect you three to be off ss soon as possible. I'll be staying the night here, so if you don't arrive before morning I'll assume you've died or given up. Good luck!"

He, and the guards following him, walk up to the counter and request a room. They then disappear up the stairs and you hear a door slamming, presumably the door of the room they are staying in.
You may head out if you wish, or you may check out some of the shops. I'd advise you keep the shopping for later since you have about 12 hours to finish the mission and it'll take you one hour to get to the mine on foot.

As he was classified as the 'Noble Pony' he kinda looked over himself, his fur was a cadet shade of blue and had splotches of gray here and there. He also, by every means, did not dress noble pony. "I, Uh..." he didn't argue it. The male was allowed to assume what he wanted of the traveling bard, after all; a simple quest of fighting off some goblins would not likely be worth a tale being told for many years, instead, maybe a week or a month at most... "Very well, I say we swiftly make haste then shall we? Lady Celestia is not a force to be reckoned with."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back