• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elementals : Chapter 1

CJ Mason

Are you sure about this?
Master Jen

This was the morning that the Air Base would fly again. Lately, the Air Base has been grounded, because of an unholy attack from people that do not understand consequences, for their actions. The rear ruttier had been fried during the attack, and we haven’t moved since. Last week, we were supposed to pick up a new student from the Water Base, and this hasn’t happened because we weren’t able to move. Xavier, our advanced Shadow student, has been trying to get it fly by using the Dark Arts, but none of his spells has worked, until today. I got a note from the Elders, telling me that I would need to get the student from the Water Base before the end of the day today. The note read …

Dear, Master Jennifer Ann Barlock

Today you must pick up the Water student, with or without the use of your Air Base. The absence of you is driving us insane. After the student is picked up, we will have a meeting with you to discuss your punishment.

-The Elders

Knowing that I would be punished for be being grounded was truly insane. Why couldn’t the Elders see this as an accident? The last time there was an accident like this, one of them died. I could the see the predicament I put them into this time. But if people like the grounders or what the elders called them humans, wouldn’t interfere with our every movement, because they have these things called flying laws, which I have tended to break several times because the sky is my home, and no-one should be allowed up here but us.

Xavier

I had finally got one of my spells to fix the ship. To be honest I felt very accomplished today. We would finally be flying again. Apparently we have to go and pick up a new student from the Water Base, I slowly wondered what would it be like if I had never came out of the closet, and never told my parents. Would I still be living with them? Or would I be here with Master Jen and the others? These questions normally crept into my mind, and the answer would be; I’d be here. I have never been to the Water base or to any other base for that matter. I have heard from Master Jen that the place is beautiful, and that is ten times bigger than what the Air Base was. What would it look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sitting outside on the blazing hot sand, Andria twirled her long staff between her fingers. She was bored. Then she had an idea. Go visit her friend. Standing up, she ran towards the near by volcano where Nirhago was located. Climbing up the rocks, she reached the entrance of the volcano. "Nirhago! You home?" She cupped the edges of her mouth and shouted. A large roar answered her question. Smiling, she walked down the cave and came upon hot lava. "Nirhago?" She simply said causing a rumble through the volcano. Nirhago climbed out of the lava. "What is it that you want?" He grumbled. She shrugged. "I was bored so I decided to visit." He sighed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A woman dressed in her usual attire sat just outside the walls of the base. Her hands was clasped and her legs were in a meditating position. The green eyes of hers were focused on the warm sand below her and her red hair hung over her face. The silence around her kept her calm while the sun burned through the pale clouds. After a long while of silence a squeaking sound along with a small animal ran up to her. The red panda crawled up on her soulder where it sat down. "Yuri, go back inside" The woman mumbled but the raccoon-like animal kept it's position.

"My lady. You do know that you are supposed to be inside by now, right?" A man dressed in the uniform of the fire base said while he stood just outside the gate. The woman in the sand simply nodded once. "I will be right there, just give me a couple of minutes" She then said.

"But Elizabeth- I mean mam'. You are supposed to welcome a group of students to the base"

"Fine. I just thought for once that I'd be able to get some peace and quiet" The woman, appearently Elizabeth, muttred and stood up from the ground. The sand were pouring down from her clothes like a waterfall as she stood up. Now that she thought about it, her water manipulation could use some practice since she hadn't trained it for a couple of weeks. But since the base was located in the middle of the desert, it was close to impossible to find any source of water. "Hey, Mr... Overstreet? You don't happen to know if there is some sort of river or something near here? I could use some training with water" Elizabeth said as she began to walk inside next to the man who just shook his head as a reply.

Master Jen

The Air Base started to take lift off, and back into the sky we went. It has never felt so good to be back up in the air, she couldn't believe that it had been a week since they had been up in the sky. We have always refused to kill a human, because it is against the Elemental Rules of Conduct to interfere with the human world. The rule book was located in my office along with a bunch of old artifacts. Among these artifacts was a sword that is passed on from the elders to a selected student. She was that selected student, it took her years to gain that sword, and many unneeded deaths. Once in a while I would share some stories to the students, and they would become frightened from the stories about me killing a innocent person. But most of the time the people weren't as innocent as I would make them out to be, some were murders, and rapists. The Elders would ask one of us, to hunt them down, and teach them a unruly lesson. As I opened the rule book, I read allowed to myself.

Elemental Rules of Conduct No Elemental shall kill a human or harm them in anyway, even if the elemental was harmed in the fight. If this rule is to be broken, the Elders have the right to punish in anyway possible. The Master of the current base where the Elemental lives, must turn them over to the council.

The reason she read this aloud to herself, was because one of her students, had harmed a human. Xavier had sent a evil image into one of humans mind. The horrid screaming from that human, has been haunting me since the battle. All of us here were in serious trouble with the council. She didn't want to believe this.

two yakuza walked down a passage they were caught up in a conversation about the new guy the boss had hired "they say he uses black magic" one said to the to other. they weren't paying attention where they were going and knocked in micheal "move it kid" said the second yakuza angrily. micheal turned to look at them, as if noticing them for the first time "didnt you hear us you little runt?! im gonna beat the-" the second yakuza exclaimed before being jabbed in the gut by Micheal.

Terian crouched high up in a tree watching the show below. Growls echoed through the forest bouncing off the trees and leaves rustled as large paws crushed them. Below the large willow tree that he sat in two wolves circled each other on the virge of fighting. The reason for their fighting was a dead deer off two the side.

Terian smirked deciding it was time to have some fun. Using his powers he made vines wrap around the carcass and teasingly dangle it out of their reach. He laughed as they jumped up and tried to get it.

The sound of a bird cawing made him look up and he realized it was getting late. He should return to base. Letting the deer drop he began ruining through the trees toward the base.

Xavier

Hearing Master Jen talk about her past doesn't frighten me. All of a sudden a alarm went off in the ship. What was going on. I ran over to the computer, it was the break out alarm. This alarm only goes out when an Elemental is using their abilities, and they haven't been found yet. "Master Jen, what shall we do?" I asked her. I pulled up the file, on what we had so far. It read . . .

New Elemental Alert System This is all we have one the Elemental. His name Micheal Hollows, age 16, and he has a very powerful darkness to himself. Sir, we believe we are dealing with a Shadow Elemental.

Hearing that there maybe a new Shadow student scared me just a bit. I would love to see if he could handle my tourchering skills. He would not want to see the things that I have seen. We need to teach this new Elemental a lesson, on how to use his abilities.

Master Jen

When I heard that it was a new Shadow Elemental, I could tell that Xavier was mad. "Look at this way Xavier, you could have the little brother you always wanted," I said to him. I immediately stood back from him. I shouldn't has said that to him, he had lost his little sister to his idiotic parents. I could tell that he was about to explode. "Xavier, I shouldn't have said that, that was wrong of me."

Xavier

"We need to teach this kid a lesson." that was all he could say to her. I was going to explode, but I held my cool. Why would Master Jen say such a thing.

Liora shivered as she read the alert. She brushed her hair over her shoulder and tied her hair up. She didn't desire fighting often, but she knew it would most likely be unavoidable, especially considering that she was notified. She watched as the base took off from a window and she stood up. Her heels clicked the ground as she walked, a small dream catcher chiming in her hair.

With the distinct sound of wings flapping, she arched her head up and realized her small barn owl was beside her shoulder. She put out her arm and it spread it's talons, landing on her arm. She pulled her arm to her chest and continued walking through the ship, watching some people who gave her rather judgmental looks, knowing she wasn't actually an air elemental. She held her head up and continued on, inspecting the base here and there, considering she'd be here for a little while longer.

Xavier

"Don't worry about them," he told her. "They just don't like the new comers," he explained. "Once you get the hang of your element, all will calm down on you, and they will move on the new kid Micheal," to be honest he doesn't like the girl either, but Master Jen had asked him to watch over her. Light and Shadow, never end up on the same playing field. He had a headset on linking him to the main control center of the ship. "Were here," he told her. "Activate protocol 16:AB:47, were stopping the bird," the ship came to a complete stop. They were successful in stopping the bird. That was when alert that came across the board.

New Elemental Alert System Sir, Micheal has hurt a innocent or so called human.

"Master Jen, we have to go now, call all the Elementals. Get Fire Base, Water Base, and Earth personal. This is going to be hard one!"

Loria rubs her eyes, she'd stayed up far too late for her own good in her studies. She needed sleep but the new alert made her uneasy. She pet the owl's head gently and it doesn't move away from her. She settles at a point in the ship, walking into her room and sitting down. She let the owl fly up to one of the various perches in her room. She played with a wind chime and lied back.

She got a chill and pulled her dress closer to her. She couldn't relax. There was no way she could. She kicked off her heels before eyeing her armor beneath her simple desk. She yawned before shivering again and pulled a fur jacket over herself.

Inhaling sharply through his nostrils, eyelids would open to a rather familiar ceiling; the one which belonged to his room in the fire base. The advanced user would blink a couple of times before his hands lifted up to his eyes, rubbing softly. The white tiger which had been sleeping in his bed beside him, lifted his head up while Dominique pushed himself up. Turning his legs to the side, he would soon hop off the bed and head into his bathroom.

When he was finished using the throne, he brushed his teeth and applied deodorant before walking out. He threw on a pair of shorts, not bothering with the shirt. Turning his head to his animal guardian, he parted his lips to speak. "Let's go for a run." The tiger let out a yawn, before standing up and hopping off of the bed. Same story, every morning. Blaze loved getting his exercise too, much like Dominique did, so they made it a habit. While there were certainly a few bad ones which the man maintained, exercising definitely wasn't one of them.

Grabbing the key-card to his room along, Dominique grabbed the pack of cigarettes from within his top desk drawer. He removed one and lit it after stuffing the filter between his lips. After putting the lighter back with the pack in the drawer and closing it, Dominique was headed for the door. Blaze followed in suit as he opened it and walked out.
It was nothing more than a short walk from his room to the main doors of the base. Luckily, his room was located close enough. Upon walking outdoors, the hot air of the scorching Sahara raged about, along with some sand - of course. Extending his limbs outward and hanging his head back, he felt his skin heating up. After a solid minute, his entire form would be set ablaze and he began running around the base. Blaze would also be engulfed in flame, following immediately before catching up and staying at the man's side.

((Sorry, just got out from school.. Lots of extra activities))

Master Jen

She quickly realised that the rouge was two powerful for us to contain. So she decided to contact the fire base, for some reinforcements. She pulled the communication application up on a computer. She was hoping to get a hold of the Master, or their advanced fire elementals. That was when a screen popped up saying type your message here.

Type Message Here To anyone reading this, we are dire need for your help. we've encountered a rouge Shadow Elemental, not sure if the system, is working over there, so please reply as soon as possible!

She click the send button, she was hoping that a video call would soon pop up on the screen, and they would ask her how they could help. The screen remained empty. Her hopes were about to go out the window.

Xavier

He had soon reached the ground, and was in front of Micheal. The child looked demented, and in pure torcher. He would soon feel the wrath of Xavier. No one had lived through the torcher that he could create. He had felt bad for the new elemental, he wouldn't die, but the images he would how the child would make the child want to die.

(oh man the time difference then xD I got out of school 5 hours ago I just forgot I was messaged)

Liora heard some footsteps outside and frantic voices. She tied up her hair straighter and stepped out after slipping on her chest plate.

She eyed down the halls and rubbed one of her arms. She stood still, her owl now on her shoulder. She then rubbed out the forming cramp in her neck and let out a shaky breath before clicking her heels on the ground and walking off.

"No rest, no of course not," she checked her messages but nothing was to come. She wasn't surprised. She felt chills run up her spine but she wasn't sure why she was so uneasy. Her stomach felt like it was flipping and her full body shook as she walked. She hunched over, unlike her normal stride, and walked quicker. She probably was nervous over the dark elemental. That must be it.

"It has to be..." she muttered, her stomach clenching more and she bit her tongue. Why was she nervous? She never was before. She didn't even know if he was a threat. No, he probably was. They sent out a warning.

Her thoughts were in constant disarray and ran in circles, only to heighten her fear.

After he was finished running a handful of laps around the base, Dominique was left exhausted. Blaze, on the other hand, looked as though he would be able to run for the rest of the day. The perks of being such an animal, truly at display! Part of that made Dominique jealous, to say the least. Upon reaching the front entrance of the base once more, Dominique and Blaze would walk in side-by-side. It was completely dead. Dominique wondered if he was the only one living at the base, sometimes - it was more often quiet than not. For a bunch of personalities belonging to people who were fire elementals, this was certainly saying a lot.

He heard a distant ringing, but it was brought to his attention at first by Blaze, who roared briefly upon entering. After tracking down the source of the sound, he found that the main control room was receiving a video call. It continued, along with a message that popped up on the screen. Dominique read it, but was skeptical of answering at first. Blaze stared up at him, seeing what he would do next but more or less expecting him to answer. Dominique parted his lips to speak.
"You think I should answer, huh?"

His free hand moved to the tiger's head, patting it softly. Dominique's other hand pressed the accept button on the screen, more than likely avoiding one last ring before the call was dropped as unanswered. At first, he couldn't see exactly what was on the screen in front of him. Static took up much of the display, along with the voice quality. Slowly, it all fizzled into a rather solid picture, in which Dominique hoped the feed was working both ways.

"Dominique Short, here. Advanced class fire user."

She stopped walking, gripping at her hair and pulling it down before biting her tongue harder. She couldn't take it.

The owl flew above her and off her shoulder and she shook, nudging her to try and calm her down but she refused.

A ringing echoed from her pocket where she placed her phone and her movements stopped. Her lips shook as she opened the phone.

"Hello? This is Liora, is there.... something you need?" She tried to sound like she wasn't in the middle of one of her famous break downs before she slowly regained her cool as she spoke. However, no answer was received and the line dropped. She lowered her eyes and stood up before slowly dragging her feet as she walked on. She needed to talk to someone.

Master Jen

She had quickly tried to replace the call, and yet it all failed. She tried again, and a young man was standing in front of her. It was Dominique Show,
"Ah thanks, goodness you answer the call," she told him. "The base here is under attack, by a new rouge Shadow Elemental," she had tried to explain. But the systems were failing, the whole communication tower had been taken down. She had one brief moment to speak, " We are being attacked by the Mafia, there has been a hit placed on our heads," that was all she could get out before the computer system went one-hundred percent dead. Ah, why would Xavier allow Micheal to destroy the communication tower, and were was he?

She had thrown off her jacket, and entered the flight deck, and then she saw it. Her grandparents, had the same abilities that she had, why would they never tell us about this. She knew why, back when they were first conceived, the elemental gift was considered a curse the entire family. She had always suspected her grandparents of such abilities, because it is passed down from every other generation. But why would they show up now? Were they helping the enemy?

Ayrabelle yawned as she opened her eyes. the alarm that went off on the ship had woken her and Aeolius, her guardian animal. She got up quickly and exited her room in the Air base with Aeolius followed close behind her. She heard people whispering about a 'rogue Shadow Elemental' and something about getting help from other bases. She rubbed her eyes and looked for Xavier or Master Jen. She wanted to ask them what's going on, but she couldn't find them around anywhere. When she reached the flight deck she saw Master Jen and walked over to her, without noticing that there might be someone else near them.

Loria walked through the halls, confused as to why no one was anywhere near the halls. She rubbed her eyes and her owl sat on her shoulder. The pain was still evident in her neck as she rubbed it occasionally while she walked, her heels clicking.

She noticed Ayrabelle's open room and raised an eyebrow before shaking it off. She shook and a small little song played in her head as she walked on.

If they were anywhere near where she was guessing, she'd turn around. She didn't want to interrupt or anything of the sort. The halls bear her stayed close to barren and it worried her.

She was much too paranoid all of a sudden.

Faye was out walking and playing around with the clouds, interested in shaping them into animals and pictures. She was busy shaping a parakeet, similar to her , when her cloud-shape was disfigured by a gust of wind. Looking up, she saw the air base flying once more - when had that occurred? Sprinting up to the ship, she heard the alarm ringing. She floated and stepped onto the ship, hearing whispers surrounding her. "New elemental - " "-shadow-" "-evil-" floated around the ship, the news spreading like wildfire She paced the halls, looking for Aryabelle (as she was normally informed about such matters), or Master Jen. Could they explain to her what was going on?

Ayrabelle finally saw the 'New Elemental Alert' thingy and realized what was happening. Before she could reached Master Jen, she saw Faye walking in the hall and called out her name. Aeolius was standing next to her when she stood in front of the door that leads to the flight deck. Her animal guardian was carrying a small device, similar to a phone, and she took it from him then read all the information on there. "A shadow elemental..." She mumbled then looked up to see if Faye was coming to her.

"Ayra? Do you know what's happening?" Estelle asked quietly. "I'm so confused - the whole ship was on alert when I returned..." Estelle trailed off. Looking over Ayra's shoulder, she saw the alert title. "So...a new shadow elemental. Why is this so important?" She looked to Ayrabelle, looking for an answer from her friend, or the closest thing to one on the ship. "Is he going to live on the air base?"

"He hurt a human," she looked at Faye then continued, "I doubt Master Jen would let him live here." She pet Aeolius and thought to herself, but he is new, so maybe he'll just get a warning... Ayrabelle frowned. "Have you seen Xavier?" She asked Faye, her eyes wondered around the hall way then mumbled to herself, "where is he?"

Master Jen

So when all was said and done, she just stayed in her office. This young and naive elements caused a great ruces today. As she was talking to Xavier about the Shadow Elemental, and trying to decided where to put him. They had decided to put him in temporary lock up, in the ships prison wing. The last person that was thrown into the jail, was herself five years ago, after one of her abilities went rouge. She thought today was going to be a good day to announce that the group would be a tablet device, for emergencies. So there she went.

Important Announcement "Today we shall be getting a new electronic device for all the Elementals. These devices shall be used for when your not on the ship or near a Elemental Base. Please be respectful of these devices, even though we got them for free."

Xavier

He had left Master Jen's office with a sign of relief. Then he heard someone ask where he was. So he decided to poke his head in. "I'm right here," he told them, they were both newer students of the Air Base. "So do you guys need anything," he believed that one of them originally came from the Fire Base. But he wasn't to sure, so he decided to not bring it up.

Terian sighed lazily leaning against a random wall watcjing the hustle and bustle of the earth base. He loved everyone there they were like a big family sometimes but all the activity could tire a person out. Feeling a headache coming on he headed to his room and was immediately tackled by Kolo.

He laughed allowing himself to fall to the floor. The small pup let out a yip as its tail swung from side to side. Grinning Terian stood holding him. "I am home boy. Safe and sound."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back