• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

His muscles locked in place, and he collapsed rather pathetically on the ground. He was still an imposing creature, but was bested by this human fairly easily - unless the spell wore off. But she'd probably kill him before that. His maroon eyes locked with hers, growling deeply in his throat, but unmoving.

@CrownedCyri

Cecilia only had a war axe in terms of weapons beside spells, but she wasn't sure if she'd have enough time to kill the beast before the spell would wear off. But she wasn't willing to chance it. She instead turned and jogged up to her herd, ushering them on all the while glancing over her shoulder at the werewolf and wondered if she had enough magicka for another paralysis spell. She hoped so. She broke into a sprint as she ushered her flock onwards, stealing looks over her shoulder.

@Twigdapple

Juniper held up her hands when he snatched the map from her, and despite being the slightest bit amused by his irritation, she sobered without showing it. Now that she had in, she wasn't going to ruin it for herself.

"Of course. You likely know much, much more than I do anyway. Soon as we get there, you lead, and I'll follow." She began walking back in the direction that he had been coming from, nodding her head for him to follow. Nyx looked at him, the fur on her tail bristling as she stuck close to the Bosmer's heels. "Seems you overshot the ruin just a bit. I remember seeing it once after bumping into an orc stronghold on my way over to Ivarstead." She pulled out an apple from her bag as they walked along, and glanced at him. Maybe if he ate, she could see his face. The static expression of the helmet he was wearing had been making her curious as to what the man underneath looked like. She held the apple out to him. "Would you like an apple... um... I'm sorry I never got your name."

@CrownedCyri

"I Have done Nothing" Jekkel looked down at his feet "Just let me go I don't even know what I did" Jekkel Tried to locate Rin, He noticed him at the feet of the Lady, He started to growl at her and started to scratch and bite her foot. "Rin get over here we don't want any more trouble" But Rin sat did not listen. Jekkel let out a sigh, "Lady look, You can have everything in the box if you just let me go"

@Rufus @Rook

"Triyan Noliro." He said, tucking his arms behind his back (rather awkwardly, what with the thick armor and all) and followed after her. "And no thanks." She seemed kind enough, but until she saved his life or something he was still on the fence of whether he should trust her or not. He knew there were bandit types out here, pretending to be your friend then stabbing you in the back once you come upon treasure. He wasn't automatically assuming she was one of those types, but one could never be careful.

And it wasn't like he had something to hide under his helmet- Hell, if she just asked to see what he looked like he'd take his helmet off, he didn't care. He was an older dunmer, a few hundred years, and it was beginning to show on his face with wrinkles. But he was again distracted by the fox that tailed her closely. "... Is that fox yours?"

@Mimi BCR

Juniper watched Triyan for a moment as he walked along beside her, noticing that despite the hindering armor, he still walked and stood like a well mannered man. At his refusal of the apple in her hand she shrugged and took a large bite out of it. He asked about her fox, and she looked down at her four legged companion, who trotted along beside her. Her thoughts wandered away from the mystery under the helmet and they turned towards her fox.

"Nyx is... her own being. She's more of a friend than anything else. I call her mine because it's less confusing to others, but she's free to come and go as she pleases. She can take care of herself, and I can to, but we have a mutual relationship in which we take care of each other, so we stay together more often than not." At that Nyx's ears perked up and she stopped in her tracks, eyes to the forest, before she lowered her head and crept slowly away into the trees. Juniper turned down a dirt path that lead straight into the forest. "Not to far now," she stated.

A few minutes later, they approached the site. A few clearly Demer pillars stood on either side of the dirt path, and ramps that curled up around a small building and lead into a cave. "Ah, here we go," Juniper said as the entrance to Avanchnzel came into view. She stopped, turned towards Triyan, unsheathed her bow, and motioned her free hand towards their destination. "After you," she stated, pulling an arrow out as well in case anything that was both dangerous and kill-able decided to pop out at them when they entered.

@CrownedCyri

He wrinkled his nose. Bosmer and their hippie one-with-nature-ness. But he didn't insult her or make another quip, instead opting to idly look over the tell-tale Dwemeri pillars that marked the entrance to the ruins. "Thank you." He said, though the gratitude sounded rather forced on his end. Fire magic flickered to life on his right hand, while the other cast the spell of Candlelight to illuminate their path as he headed in first.

It was a cave, it didn't immediately open up into Dwemer ruin. But it was a pretty straight forward path, until he faltered whenever spectral visions appeared down below. One ghost said how they felt uneasy here, the other chided the first. Then he heard the Argonian's voice, the one that gave him the cube. And then another Argonian's voice. 'Whatever happened here must have been devastating enough for them to leave traces of their spectral energy here.' He thought, jumping off the ledge to continue further. He certainly didn't hold Juniper's hand, that was for sure.

@Mimi BCR

Edolina smiled to the man

"I've change my mind let him go" She ordered the two gaurds.

The gaurds seem disapointed when they freed the man.

"Are you sure, Lady?" One of the gaurds asked disapointed.

"Yes, you can go now"

the gaurds slowly left and went back to the gates.

Edolina tried to hold the little fox away who from her feed. He had made little bitescars on her feed. Small drops of bloof flowed down her toes on the ground.

"You can keep your box, but keep this creature away from me!"

Edolina tried to kick the fox from her feed but he dodged agile the atack.

Edolina looked to the Dunmer.

"Let's do the drink another time."

Edolina walked back to her cart and continues her way to Elgrim

@Mr jake @Rook

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadane merely grunted in agreement, glad that she was walking away. The woman seemed like quite the piece of work, not someone he had the time or energy to deal with. To sick the guards on some poor helpless fool was cruel, even for Nadane. Although, where he came from, he owned the guards. But he didnt have that luxury here. Sighing, the dunmer held his hand out for the poor sap on the ground. "Need a hand, sera?"

Edolina puched her cart over the wooden platforms that flooded above the city canals.

The wood creaked gently under the heavy weight of her cart.

Edolina stopped for an ugly old door. A small sign hung on to the dirty wall with the sign of an alchamist.

Edolina pushed the door open gently, a strong smell pervasive her nose with all kinds of different smells that made her light-headed.

''Ah, my Lady, good to see you again.'' Elgrim walked as Always with his friendly smile to Edolina.

She knew him for many years, they were partners for over four years now.

''Right my old friend. I have a new fresh load of potions and soul gems as you asked''

Edolina took out a few Healing potions from the cart and showed them to Elgrim, who nodded approvingly.

''And the Frostbite poison?'' Elgrims voice was nothing more than a soft whisper.

Edolina took out three black bottles from under her clothes.

''Three as you ordered.''

Elgrim tried to reach to the bottles but Edolina held them far away from his creedy hands.

''Fist I want to have my money''

Elgrim sighed wearily and sauntered to the wooden counter and pulled out a large bag of Septims.

'' Here it is fifty septims as agreed. ''

Edolina grabbed the bag and emptied it on the table. She counted critical her money.

''Well then, take what you need.''

Elgrim immediately began with taking bottles from the cart and place it with his collection.

Edolina stood against the wall and played with a little septim in her hands. The gold Bailey in the candlelight of the shop

Now Edolina had enough money to rent a room from tonight.

Finally she could sleep between feather plankets and sleep the fatigue of her journey away.

Jekkel sat on the ground watch the guards walk away "Thanks, I guess" As he sat Rin came up to him and propped himself on his lap, "Now is not the time for that friend" Jekkel was trying to find his Chest but then a dunmer approached him and stuck out his hand "Thanks, friend" He said kindly, Jekkel willingly took his hand to help him up. "Well that was interesting"

@Rook

Kisiji sighed in frustration as she broke a lockpick on the strongbox, her client (the owner of the Pawned Prawn) watching her every move. "Kisiji is amazed that you managed to break the key. Usually, her clients just lose it and pay for her services anyway." she growled.

If her client wasn't practically digging holes in her back with that gaze of his, she might have been able to do her job with ease. Of course, in this rotten city of Riften, a locksmith couldn't be trusted, especially if they were a Khajiit. "Can you just open the damned thing already?" her client angrily huffed. Kisiji simply rolled her eyes at his impatience.

Three minutes later, the strongbox popped open. "Kisiji will be taking her pay now.", she said, barely resisting the urge to pocket a few of the coins the strongbox held.

Jekkel looked at the dunmer, Trying to think of a way to repay him for his help "Let me go sell my stuff, I was going to go to the bee and the barb if you want to come" He said leisurely Jekkel looked toward the shop, "I'll be lucky to get a dime out of this place" he thought to himself. The place looked like a mess on the outside. "Just catch up with me when make you make up your mind" Jekkel walked to the shop slowly with Rin at his side. He opened the door To find an angry Khajiit and shopkeeper "Bad Time?"

@Rook @Warden Click

Nadane watched both of the travelers stalk off to their individual shops. Skyrim really was a strange place; everyone was always in a hurry, whether it be to sleep, drink, eat, or die. He'd expected that of the nords, but not of random citizens. Perhaps they had simply adopted the Nordic customs?

The Indoril made his way into the Bee and Barb, his ears being assaulted by the sound of swearing and hearty laughter. He'd never had a problem with the Nords, seeing as they loved alcohol almost as much as the Dunmer, though the Nords had a much lower tolerance for it. It was one of the few ways he could get them to talk to him, especially the Nords in eastern Skyrim. With Ulfric the Pretender running around whining, love for the Dunmer was at an all time low. He was practically driven from Winterhold, despite the city having so few residents left.

Nadane sighed, catching sight of the bartender. An argonian... filthy scale backs. This was going to be less pleasant than he thought. Gritting his teeth, he stepped over to the bar, forcing a smile. "Firebrand Wine, please," he ordered. There was no love shared between the two. Taking the wine from her and dropping 20 septims on the counter, Nadane made his way to an empty table, pouring some of the wine into a small tankard. He would lodge here tonight, and speak with Maven on the marrow.

Edolina placed her empty cart at the door of the Bee and Barb, she could already hear the loud screams and laughter coming out of the inn.

That must mean there was enough to drink.

Edolina opened the door, languishing to a cold bottle of Ale.

It wasn't to busy, not as in most of the cities.

Edolina walked to the bartender. An Argonian, Edolina never realy liked them. They were ugly and smelled like fish.

But anyone who could offer her a bottle of Ale was her friend.

"A bottle of Ale and a room pleas."

Edolina threw the bag with fifty septims on the bar.

"The rest is yours" she said while she grabbed the bottle.

It felt good cold in her warm hands.

Edolina took a large sip of her bottle and looked around the room.

She saw the Dunmer that addressed her sitting at an empty table with his drink.

She decided not go to him but chose the drunk people instead, who were sitting in a far corner of the inn.

Maoris Valon sat at the bar, at first unaware of the Dunmer who had just sat nearby. The young mage was busy staring into his mug, which he had just drained of mead. Just a fortnight ago, he had been expelled from the College of Winterhold, and now sought new challenges across this land he had hardly explored. He handed his mug to the Argonian bartender to be refilled with Velvet LeChance. It was then, looking up from his drink, that he noticed the Indoril sitting beside him. The dark elf was clad in bonemold armor, a staple of Vvardenfell combat apparel.

"Ah, you must be from one of the Morrowind royal houses! You in Riften on business?"

@Rook

Nadane looked up, surprised at the sudden voice. The man was a breton, as far as he could tell, and rather young. Well, for a dunmer, anyway. It was rare to see an old breton, considering their noticeably short lifespans. "Ah, yes, actually. The Great House Indoril is looking to the west for trade opertunities to help rebuild after the Accession War. Riften seemed like the most reasonable place, considering the Black-Briars operate out of this... city."

Nadane hesitated slightly at the last word, not sure if City was the best description for Riften. He'd been once before, when it was bustling with trade, but it had grown dilapidated as the years went by. "My name is Nadane Indoril, treasurer of house Indoril. What brings you to Riften?" he asked in return.

@Khanmon

As she received a small coin purse from her client, Kisiji turned to see the man who just entered. "Not anymore," she replied, "Kisiji was just waiting for her client to pay her for her services."

As they moved farther and farther into the, Juniper's movements naturally became quieter. She lowered her body and her steps became light to the point that she made no noise, much like when her fox was on the hunt. She disappeared into the shadows as to remain as undetectable as possible.

Where the ground dropped off to an area below, she watches as four spectral beings spoke before walking off. They spoke of a Lexicon, which she knew nothing about, and she vaguely wondered if that was what they were there for. She didn't voice this thought, though, remaining quiet as Triyan continued forward. She cringed when he jumped down from the ledge, the sound of his landing echoing briefly in the cave. She made a mental note to keep her distance if she didn't want his clunky boots to draw attention to her.

The first enemy they encountered were two dwarven spiders, and she was immediately ready to take them down, but the tight space prevented her from helping in any way. She could only watch in a huff the elf that she had joined took them down quickly and efficiently. She hoped that the rest of their excursion didn't continue like that for long.

She continued on behind him, slowly molding herself back into the shadows as they entered a larger, much more open camber, and two of the specters they saw before appeared again, walking on the path before them.

Juniper watched in silence, regarding them seriously as they spoke.

OOC: Hey guys, just a heads up, I have a lot going on this weekend between mother's day, prom, and school work, so my replies will be pretty scattered (if there are poss at all). I'll try to post at least once a day, but I can't promise anything. So just in case, I hope you all have a stellar weekend. (^.^)

@Savage Animal Idiot

"I See well I have some supplies to sell it will only take a minute" Jekkel walked over to the counter, He put on a solid face on, and placed his box on the counter, He looked at the shop keeper "Let's make a deal" After 30 minutes of intense bartering, Jekkel came out with an empty chest and a coin purse of about 300 septums. "So glad I found those gems" He thought to himself. Jekkel Walked to the Bee and the Barb. He walked through the double doors, He found everyone he saw before. He saw the crazy lady, That dunmer that helped him up. He waved to the Dunmer and walked to the bar. He put 100 septums and bought a Bottles Colovian Brandy "Thank you" He said to the Argonian. Jekkel walk over to a chair and started to sip on his brandy.

@Rook @Warden Click

"Nadane... of House Indoril? Well, good to see someone is taking charge, cleaning up that mess. What a shame." Maoris took a sip from his mug, hiding the faint wince that resulted from his spicy drink. "As for myself, I'm Maoris Valon, apprentice scholar of the arcane. Only, I just got expelled from the College of Winterhold, so that puts some of my life plans on hold... although, now that I'm out in the wilderness again, I think I might go seek some adventures. You know - hunt down those ancient Dragon Priests, or meet a Daedric Prince before I get too old."

Maoris, like most humans, was not much of a historian of Elven culture. However, there was one aspect he remembered about Nadane's royal house. "House Indoril... forgive me if I'm wrong, but your house practices Daedra worship, correct? I don't suppose you would know where to find a Daedric Prince?" Maoris was itching for adventure, blundering his way through a perhaps offensive assumption to get to the real question. Maybe now I can do something with my life, he thought to himself.

@Rook

Her work done, Kisiji left The Pawned Prawn. Her client had only paid her 100 gold, the cheapskate. Kisiji sighed. At least she could go get a drink at The Bee and the Barb...

Without saying goodbye, Kisiji left the Pawned Prawn, and went to the Bee and the Barb.

OOC~ it's all good man, you dont need to worry about respond if you're busy ;D

Triyan, as clunky and loud as his armor was, was excellent at spotting the 'vents' in which dwemer spiders and spheres would activate and crawl out from, and with a flick of his wrist laid different elemental runes so that whenever inevitably whenever they pop out, they would be weakened relatively as soon as they hit the ground.

All in all it was twenty minutes of continuing the path along before they came across a body- a Nord. And, the nord shared a physical similarity with the nord in the visions. 'So he must have met his end, here.' Grim and foreboding for perhaps someone else, but Triyan was only thinking about getting to the end of Avanchnzel.

He slowed as they entered the antechamber, immediately noticing two Dwarven Centurions- on immobile, the other slumped on the ground. It was usually a hit or a miss with dwarven constructs, either they'd be animated and just waiting or completely inactive. Nonetheless, he peered over his shoulder- having to squint at the shadows to be able to identify Juniper skulking about.

"Be careful. The centurion might still have some life in it." He said, reaching and grabbing the Lexicon from his knapsack- he could practically feel it resonating so close to it's pedestal.

@Mimi BCR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back