• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Twigdapple

16199.jpg

giphy.gif

(For plot/rules, click here! For sign-up, click here!)

characters.png
  • Characters are organized by their race- so if you're someone new, check out how many characters of each race there are! Cause in this RP we're looking for a diverse cast of character to try and make Skyrim feel even more alive.
  • :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Triyan was currently in the Rift, heading vaguely in the direction of Avanchnzel- a Dwemeri ruin he's recently learned of from an off Argonian lingering at the Riften Fishery. He tossed the Lexicon she had handed him in his hands idly, as he squinted off into the distance as if to try and locate the ruins despite he less-than-rushed pace. He did notice a few frostbite spiders ahead- and without much care he hurled a fire ball at each one of them- dispatching them with ease so they wouldn't be a problem for the dunmer whenever he neared that area on the road.

Juniper grinned as she walked away from Ivarstead. Her coin purse made a satisfying jingle as she stepped along, sitting in her bag with a constant weight. A part of her marveled at how absolutely easy it was to convince the merchant, who told her he was making his way to Markarth, to buy nearly everything on her person. Temba Wide-Arm got her ten bear pelts, the merchant got a new axe and loads of useful (and not so useful) bear parts, and she had a bag filled with five health potions, some apples, and nearly a thousand Septims.

She smiled down at her fox companion, who appeared out of nowhere from one of her typical excursions to who knows where. The two weaved along through the trees, vaguely following the direction of the cobbled path towards Riften, with no goal in particular, nor any haste to get there. A part of Juniper longed to encounter something interesting and exciting along the way. Something new. Something great.

She made it a point to keep her eyes peeled as they made their way slowly along.

Nadane sighed, rubbing his eyes. He was exhausted, despite his "kingly" accommodations from the previous night. Or at least, thats what the innkeeper in Ivarstead called them. In actuality, the room she had sold him was the same as the others, but it had a double bed instead of a single. It was pointless to expect the same level of living quality in Skyrim as he found in Morrowind: the Nords were a simple race, with emphasis on simple. But of course, that was just his opinion. His highly developed, valuable opinion. His guar shook its head slightly, snapping at the insects flying by. He did enjoy the aesthetic of the Rift despite himself. The golden leaves, the cold but gentle wind, the rustling of the trees in the wind, it would be enough to give anyone pause.

Edolina sighed wearily as she walked on the broad road to Riften. The golden leaves that fell from the many trees whirled as a shower of gold around her. Her coin purse made a jingle sound on every step she took and the cart she pushed forward crackled and shrieked on the uneven path.

She could still remember how the foolish Merchants of Ivarstead had looked to her when she made her destination known after enjoying a bottle of Ale. '' Those forests are full bandits. '' Had one of them said, Edolina answered with her head rose high and proud. ''Let them try to steal from me, who steals from me paid it with his blood''

Now she walked here all alone on this boring road on her way to Riften. A part of her wanted to leave the cart and run into the forest. Hunt and kill every creature that wanders through these woods. But she knew she couldn't do that, she needed money and money was only to be found in Riften.

OOC~ Sorry for the slow start, I've been working since last wednesday and i'm exhausted, eugh. Have to work later today too

Triyan noticed a bosmer huntress off the path- but she didn't seem like a bandit, as bandits generally traveled together. So he just assume she was a hunter, and hopefully wouldn't give him much trouble- and he wouldn't give her trouble either. However, he paused his gait to pull out his map, checking his location and where From-Deepest-Fathoms marked the dwemer ruin on his map. Either he wasn't there yet, or he overshot it. Cursing inwardly, he lifted his head and turned towards the bosmer. "Hey, you." He called in his nasally tone. "You haven't happened to see a Dwemeri ruin nearby, have you?"

@Mimi BCR

Jekkel shivered as he was walking through a dark crypt. He looked around the damp dungeon, the dungeon had lit torches and fresh food "That is rather odd for a place that has been deserted" He thought to himself. As he traveled deeper into the cave the more skeletons and Drouger he encountered. He kept walking only to came across two doors, one was just an average door while the other looked like it belonged Death Drouger, The door was made of iron and had markings and inscriptions.

Jekkel Always liked to leave the hard things last when it comes to these ruins. He opened the average door, A chest was at the end of the room eyeing Jekkel. "Finally some loot" he muttered to himself. He inspected the chest very carefully to make sure it was not rigged with traps but alas it was a trap, Jekkel was still very curious what was inside, People still usually put loot in these. Jekkel looked behind him even tho there was no one behind him, he quickly brought his eyes back to the chest "Ok so I think if I get on the ground then open the chest the darts won't hit me" Jekkel put his plan into action, He got on the cold wet ground only to find a skeleton under him, He let out a cry of disgust "Gross, looks like you did not check for traps" he said this while throwing the skeleton elsewhere. As he opened the chest arrows came spitting out of a small hole behind the chest. "Ha I am too smart for Ouch" He quickly looked back to see that one of the arrows hit his leg (But don't worry not the knee :) ) "Great now I have to deal with this" right when thinking this his vision went blurry and he felt awful then threw up "Oh this Bites" He glanced at the arrow and pulled it out. He sat there for about 10 minutes before finishing his quest.

Jekkel was finally starting to feel better, he stumbles to his feet and started to breathe heavily. He made his way to the fancy Iron door and pushed on it, It barely budged, He pushed at it again and it still did not move, Finally he backed up and ran at the door, He hit the door with a crash and it opened which he was most pleased with. As he was stumbling through the door he came face to face with a Drouger Death lord. "Oh Sweet Tolos help me" He shouted. Jekkel unsheathed The DawnBreaker and his lucky dagger, with his weapons in both hands he Charged at the Drouger. The Drouger Caught fire but barely flinched "This is going to be a long battle" He thought to himself. After about 20 minutes of hacking, slashing, Dodging and Potion drinking he killed the undead, It exploded with flames and fell on his back.

He looted everything he could he his hands on. Jekkel Submerged from the Darkness, and as the sunshine hit his face and warmed his body he gave a heavy sigh. He approached his little Carven, This carven was a big cart sort of like a camper that could hold 4 people, It was pulled by 2 horses named Frost and Flame. Jekkel got into the cart only to be greeted by his fox Rin "Hey Rin" Jekkel said exhaustedly, The fox jumped into his arms, and he gave him a pat on the head "How about you tell frost and Flame to head to Riften, I'm exhausted.

(Sorry for not posting earlyer I had school)

@CrownedCyri @Rufus @Rook @Mimi BCR @Twigdapple

OOC~ Not to be 'that guy', but would you kindly separate out that post into paragraphs? That wall of text is murder on the eyes. xD

OOC~ Just breaking up that post into smaller portions would be nicer for us. It's hard to read is all. :3

Cecilia's original intentions were to usher her flock to Helgen- but after crossing the border, so learned from a courier that Helgen had been destroyed by a dragon. It was a damned shame, especially since she already purchased a large plot of land in the town for her herd. So she decided to try for Rorikstead of Karthwasten- at least the climates there were relatively warmer for her flock.

She was currently passing through the Jerral Mountains- shepherd's crook in hand as she usher her flock of ten sheep out in front of her, watching the woods for any sort of wildlife that may try for her sheep. Skyrim was notorious for it's sabre cats and wolves, and Cecilia knew she could only take on so many by herself, as she wasn't inherently a strong person. Nonetheless, she continued to trek along.

@Twigdapple

Edolina could already see the old ugly walls of Riften as she walked along the stables of the city.

A strange thin mist whirled on the path as a lost soul and Edolina almost couldn't see the guards at the closed gates of the city.

'' Halt! '' Said one of them and raised his hand to Edolina.

''Why do you wish to enter Riften, my lady?''

''I am a Merchant, I sell the best poitions and the best soul gems you can get in hole Skyrim.''

'' On the side Lady. ''

Edolina stepped a few steps backwards while they started searching her cart.

''Do you have a few bottles of poison in your cart, Lady?'' Asked one of the guards.

''Of course not, I trade only in honest business. Not in poison.'' The voice of Edolina was as sharp as a newly sharpened knife, but the lie tasted bitter on her tongue.

'' You are free to go, Lady. Welcome to Riften. ''

The guards pushed the gate of Riften for her open and Edolina picked up her cart.

She walked with a smug smile through the gates and entered the city.

Juniper had noticed the man who walked along the path in his full set of heavy Dwemer armor. It was a curious sight, since she had never seen this in her relatively short time in Skyrim; he looked like an actual Dwemer construct that was casually walking down the road. She watched with a curiosity that matched her fox's as he got closer. Even from her distance he was somewhat intimidating, and she focused on the weight of the bow on her back to remind herself that she had the skills to act appropriately if need be.

At this point he had noticed her- she hadn't missed the way his head turned in her direction to look at her. No, what was surprising was when he turned his attention from his map to her and called out asking for directions. The little elf paused her steps, and Nyx slunk away, head low, eyes on the man on the road. Juniper closed the distance with a hint of caution.

"I haven't seen a ruin like that nearby, no. But I can help you find it, if you like. I'm fairly handy with a map." A small part of her realized that whatever this man was looking for was probably extremely interesting, and a vague flicker of excitement lit up behind her eyes. She gave him a small respectful smile that was laced with equal parts caution and enthusiasm. Her fox crept up behind him to sniff stealthily at his ankles.

"Do you mind if I take a look?" She pointed a small finger at the map in his hands.

He tucked the Lexicon into a relatively small knapsack he had, just in case this one got a little grabby. He was on guard as well, and glanced down briefly at the fox that loitered around his feet. He hated asking others for help, but in this case, he had no other idea. He wasn't all too familiar with this part of the Rift, and didn't want his research delayed any more than it was.

"Here," He handed her the map. "Someone marked the location for me, I'm just unaware if I passed it already or haven't gone far enough." Curiously enough, his map was marked with many different locations, and some notes were scrabbled across a few locations such as one in the mountains- 'Leads to Blackreach' it said, with another note scribbled close 'Blackreach connected to multiple ruins? Further research required'. Easily, it could be assumed by the map that he was researching something. Something that encompassed all across Skyrim, at least.

Jekkel Woke up feeling more rested, The Cart had come to a halt. Jekkel popped his head out the door, He was behind another cart that was entering the city, "She Manged to get in with out paying lucky" Jekkel got out of his cart, He guided his horses and cart to the guard. "Greeting my kind sir, I would like entry into the city please" The guard looked at him with a confused look (or that's what he was assuming he could not exactly see his face under his mask) , Jekkel looked down and it appeared that the guards hand was open, the guard replied "That will be 50 Septums" Jekkel looked at the guard with a sly look on his face

"Then why did she get in for free" He said couriusly while pointing to the door. The guard looked at him "I don't know what your talking about" said the guard nervously. Jekkel looked around and come back and looked back at the guard right in the holes of his mask and said "Well if you don't want any one higher class then you to find out like maybe I don't Know like a thane, I would Kindly suggest you let me in" The guard gave a sigh "Welcome to Riften" The doors opened slowly, Jekkel got back onto his cart and rode through. Riften as you know it or not is not a very big town, and Jekkel had to keep his Caravan in the front of the city. He got out hastily and grabbed a chest of his latest finding and headed to the shops, He wanted to get there before the other lady did so the shop keeper would not run out of gold. "Come on Rin we better hurry"

@Rufus

Riften's stench made Edolina nauseous. The city smelled as always to shit, puke and blood.

Edolina was walking with a leisurely pace to the staggered wooden staircase leading to the canals that flowed under the city.

a man ran past her with a chest in his hands. Edolina cursed, not another one of those men.

''Gaurds stop that man! He stole my back septums!'' Edolina pointed to the man who was now almost by the shop keeper.

Immediately two guard came in action. They ran with drawn sword to the man.

OOC~If it's alright to you. If you don't want it I can change it, just let me know! ;)

@Mr jake

The guar turned his head, beginning to steer off the road to follow an insect. "Bah, blasted overgrown lizard!" Nadane hissed, pulling the reigns back into position. "You're just about as smart as the scale-backs..." The horrors of the Accession War were still fresh in his mind. It would do him well to forget his biased hatred for Argonians, but he'd lost friends to their savagery. Those fools in House Dres just didn't know when to stop.

Riften was in sight ahead. His goal was simple: speak with the Balck-Briars about a possible partnership. Not many people in Skyrim knew the wonderful taste of Sujamma, or Matze or Shein. And to trade with such a wealthy family to the west would speed up the rebuilding process for House Indoril, as the argonians had destroyed much of their lands during the war. The guard at the gate stepped forward uneasily, clearly unerved by the beast underneath the dunmer.

"Oh, come now, you've seen an argonian before, surely?" Nadane said sarcastically, earning a small laugh from the guard. Nords and Dunmer may hate each other, but they both hated Argonians even more so. Nadane dismounted and tied the guar to the stable post. After paying the stablehand, he handed the guard a few septims, smiling slightly. "The gate, please." As soon as the gate swung fully open, he entered the city of Riften. "Well, this is quite the shit-hole..." he sighed, taking in his surroundings. The entire city smelled of Mildew and rotting wood, as well as fish. It reminded him of the Argonian villages to the south. There was some commotion going on down by the market stalls, and despite his disposition to the city he was curious. Keeping his hand on the large plumed helm buckled to his belt Nadane started up a quick pace to reach the woman who shouted.

"Anything i can do for you, muthsera? You seem to be in quite the predicament," he offered, not trying at all to hold back his dunmeri accent. He had diplomatic immunity while he traveled, and held no fear of the citizens.

OOC~ This turned out longer than planned

@Rufus

Edolina looked to the Dunmer.

''That thief has stolen a bag of septims from me and I want it back. ''

Edolina pointed to the strange man. She had to suppress her laughter. This went exactly as she wanted.

The faster that man was taken off the faster she could sell her stuff to Elgrim.

As Jekkel ran he heard a shout, a shout for help. Jekkel looked behind him only to find two guards behind him, "Wait are you chasing me?" He shouted. Right after saying this Jekkel tripped on a rock and fell right on his face. Jekkel looked up to find guards surrounding him "What! It wasn't me She is trying to frame me" Jekkel looked to the right of him to find the guard he just blackmailed "Great.... what I said before I did not really mean it but.....Um" Jekkel looked around and found the Women that gave the distress call "What did I do!"

@Rufus @Rook

Edolina heard the man call to her, she ambled toward him.

''You know exactly what you did you dirty thief.'' She spit out the words like it was something discusting in her mouth.

Edolina turned to the two guards.

''Take him out of my sight''

Edolina turned to the Dunmer who had offered her his help.

''Care for a drink?'' She asked with a smug smile on her face.

Without waiting for an answer she walked past him to the Bee and the Bard the inn of the city.

@Mr jake @Rook

Juniper didn't miss how he put the cube- obviously of dwemer creation- that he had been holding in his hands so openly into his small bag. She knew why too, or at least, she figured she knew as much. She had encountered many people in the past that automatically assumed she was a little thief, so this was familiar territory.

'Just because I have the skills to steal from you doesn't mean I will.' she thought indignantly.

Nyx walked around to Juniper's side, and the elf watched him with a calm expression as he spoke. When he extended his arm to hand her what she asked for, and she raised her eyebrow. She observed him for a moment, then took the parchment. She opened the map, saw the notes and the many Dwemer ruin locations marked down on it, and glanced back up at him.

"Let me guess: you're a scholar, aren't you?" She looked back down at the map, slowly pacing as she determined where exactly they were. She continued before he had a chance to respond to her question. "Weaponless, so you must use magic... and it seems you found something new and interesting in relation to the Dwemer, based on whatever it was you just put in your bag and all these notes." She closed the map and stopped pacing so that she could look at him.

"It's too bad that you don't seem to be too savvy with a map. You'll never get anywhere with your research if you keep doing what you're doing." She kept the map just out of his reach, ready to jump back and keep it away if he grabbed at it. "So I'll tell you what: I'll personally show you where this 'Avanchzel' is, if you let me come along. You get a guide and someone to help you fight, and in return I get to experience something new." She shrugged, not really wanting anything more that a new experience. "If you don't want me there, that's fine; I'll just point you in the general direction, and I'll wish you luck. The name's Juniper, by the way." She extended the map back for him to take, watching him expectantly as he made his decision.

@CrownedCyri

@CrownedCyri

Kaldr hungered. That was all he felt, all he could feel. That lust for blood and that thrill of the hunt - it's what drove him through the forest as he smelled the air, catching scent of one of his favorite prey; sheep. The werewolf raced across the land without slowing, quickly coming up on the innocent flock and springing at one of the sheep with a chilling howl.

"I wouldn't call myself something as refined as a scholar." He drawled dryly at her quip about him being a scholar. "I simply find Dwemer ruins and machinations fascinating."

Triyan, under the Dwarven helmet, had a look of shock and indignant on his face. This impotent girl though she could hold his map hostage and just forcefully insert herself into his business? He weighed his options- he really didn't want to leave his Gladys alone for too long while he was out here studying Avanchzel, and well... an extra hand would certainly made things go much quicker. He sighed with annoyance- he really didn't have much choice, now did he?

He snatched the map with with agitation, stuffing it into his bag. "Tell you what." He huffed, "I'll allow you to tag along, so long as as soon as we enter Avanchzel you allow me to take the lead and follow my directions." He wasn't a bad guy at heart, and if she just scampered on ahead she might trigger one of the Dwemer's traps, and meet her fate quickly. And Triyan knew how to identify and bypass Dwemer traps without activating them.

--------

Cecilia's head snapped upwards when she heard the sound of something heavy racing in the woods, and quickly she charged up a spell and once she saw a large dark shape bound towards her sheep, she shot it with the spell paralyze. With the sudden appearance of a beast such as a werewolf, her flock was nonetheless frighten and brayed and ran all apart. "Ah!" She raised her voice to chide and correct the sheep, using her shepherd's crook to give them some nudges back to flock together and pull the ones running away back together. "Ya!" She then shouted, the sheep breaking off to sprint on ahead while she whirled around to try and take care of the werewolf.

@Mimi BCR @Twigdapple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back