• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Edge CS

Low-Budget Man

If you're confused by some of the terminology, every thing you need to know should be in the main page.

Name:

Costumed Name:

Costumed Appearance:

Appearance:

Equipment:

Promotion Day Mutation: (Promote, Demote, Double, Brainer)

Chess Classifcation: (Pawn, Rook, Knight, Bishop, King)

Power: (I would really like you guys to do is create superpowers that are different than the usual stuff tossed around. I don’t want to see basic super strength, super speed, telekinesis, etc. Give the power a bit of a twist. Change it up a bit. Instead of super speed, maybe make it so your guy can cause super slowness in others or something. Instead of telekinesis, maybe have your guy only have the ability to telekinetically manipulate balloons and he can imbue the balloons with invincibility. Have giant balloon animals raging around the battlefield or something. The point is try to think outside the box when creating superpowers. Your character can fit any roles of the Chess Classfication System except for Queen. If you want to make a “Queen”, ask me and we can work something out. Try not to make your characters too ridiculously powerful. Its not going to be that interesting if your character can instantly kill everything in sight. By limiting your character’s abilities, it’ll create more interesting and creative scenarios.)

Drawback: (I love to see some creative Drawbacks. Maybe your guy can't near the number 32 without his powers going haywire. Maybe your guy can only see things in shades of blue. Go nuts)

History Before Promotion Day: (What was their life like before their mutation?)

Promotion Day: (What caused their mutation to emerge? What was their worst day like?)

History After Promotion Day: (What was their life like after their mutation?)

Personality:

[class name=bannerOne] margin: auto; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/jvmMcCW.jpg') no-repeat; background-size: 100%; width: 600px; height: 100px; border: 2px double #000000; [/class] [class name=bannerTwo] margin: auto; letter-spacing: 10px; font-size: 30pt; font-weight: bolder; color: #212838; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ffb689; position: relative; left: 5px; top: 20px; [/class] [class name=bannerTwoO] margin: auto; margin-top: 5px; width: 600px; height: 50px; position: relative; left: 5px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=bannerThree] margin: auto; margin-top: -5px; letter-spacing: 10px; font-size: 30pt; font-weight: bolder; color: #212838; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ffb689; position: relative; left: 10px; bottom: 24px; [/class] [class name=bannerThreeO] margin: auto; width: 600px; height: 50px; position: relative; top: 5px; left: 5px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=bannerOneA] margin: auto; opacity: 0; position: relative; bottom: 107px; right: 2px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/jvmMcCW.jpg') no-repeat; background-size: 100%; width: 600px; height: 100px; border: 2px double #000000; transition: opacity 1.25s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=bannerOneA state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class name=bannerTwoA] margin: auto; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 10px; font-size: 40pt; font-weight: bolder; color: #212838; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ffb689; position: relative; left: 5px; top: 12px; [/class] [class name=bannerTwoOA] margin: auto; margin-top: 5px; width: 600px; height: 50px; position: relative; left: 5px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=bannerThreeA] margin: auto; text-align: center; margin-top: -15px; letter-spacing: 10px; font-size: 40pt; font-weight: bolder; color: #212838; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ffb689; position: relative; left: 10px; bottom: 24px; [/class] [class name=bannerThreeOA] margin: auto; width: 600px; height: 50px; position: relative; top: 5px; left: 5px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=tabBack] margin: auto; background: #2c274f; width: 600px; height: 400px; border: 2px double #000000; overflow: hidden; position: relative; bottom: 13px; [/class] [class name=tabCover] pointer-events: none; margin: auto; width: 600px; height: 70px; background: #2c274f; border-bottom: 2px double #000000; position: relative; bottom: 490px; [/class] [class name=tabHeight] margin: auto; width: 600px; height: 400px; [/class] [class name=cont] margin: auto; width: 580px; height: 380px; font-size: 10pt; position: relative; right: 10px; padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 8px; [/class] [class name=ScrollP] width: 580px; height: 380px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px; [/class] [class name=ScrollC] width: 580px; height: 285px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 80px; color: #cba59e; [/class] [class name=tabNameA] pointer-events: none; margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 548px; left: 11px; font-weight: bolder; font-size: 20pt; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #ffb689; color: #212838; [/class] [class name=tabNameB] pointer-events: none; margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 584px; left: 189px; font-weight: bolder; font-size: 20pt; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #ffb689; color: #212838; [/class] [class name=tabNameC] pointer-events: none; margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 621px; left: 302px; font-weight: bolder; font-size: 20pt; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #ffb689; color: #212838; [/class] [class name=tabNameD] pointer-events: none; margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 658px; left: 432px; font-weight: bolder; font-size: 20pt; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #ffb689; color: #212838; [/class] [class name=portraitA] margin: auto; position: relative; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/Xt33Roz.gif') no-repeat; background-size: 100%; border: 1px solid #000000; border-radius: 50%; width: 200px; height: 200px; [/class] [class name=credit] margin: auto; position: relative; top: 385px; left: 240px; color: #cba59e; font-size: 8pt; opacity: 0.1; [/class]

[div class=bannerOne][div class=bannerTwoO][div class=bannerTwo]Cassiopeia Enyeart[/div][/div][div class=bannerThreeO][div class=bannerThree]Cassiopeia Enyeart[/div][/div][div class=bannerOneA][div class=bannerTwoOA][div class=bannerTwoA]Supernova[/div][/div][div class=bannerThreeOA][div class=bannerThreeA]Supernova[/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=tabBack][div class=credit]code (c) Mountain Siren[/div]
  • [div class=tabHeight][div class=cont][div class=ScrollP][div class=ScrollC]
    [div class=portraitA]
    [/div]Name: Cassiopeia Enyeart
    Costumed Name: Supernova
    Costumed Appearance: Her costumed appearance is almost that of a grown up Red Riding Hood: she wears a maroon hooded short cloak, the interior being made of heat-resistant leather and the exterior being deep maroon colored heat-resistant fabric. Her armor is black leather, also treated for heat resistance, and covers her skin from neck to toe, with the exception of her hands, and black leather combat boots (she frequently wears through the soles of her boots, despite her best efforts). It's belted to ensure a good fit even when under extreme heat, and is scuffed and scarred from her learning to use her powers. To top it all off, she has a red eyemask as the final tough. All together, on the battlefield she looks excessively intimidating with the contrast between her long, firey red hair, pale skin, red eyes (while using her powers), and pitch black armor, like something straight out of hell to drag her opponent back with her.

Appearance: Cassiopeia has long, curly red hair, the shade of fire itself, and piercing blue eyes. A true ginger, it's the part of her that most people remember when they meet her, herself included as she doesn't see them around very often (she's only seen one ginger Corp-cape). She frequently hides under hooded leather jackets, since her pale skin ironically burns easily, and in an effort to keep eyes off of her. She is taller than the average woman, standing at an even 6'0", and easily towers over most people she meets. This isn't without fault, though: she consistently gets singled out because of her height, either being harassed by men on the streets (tall and a ginger? What are the odds?) or scorned by the women around her. To her disdain, she is lithe from all the work she does and controlling her power (a furnace eats up a lot of energy) and is average in bust, leading to constant scrutiny by the opposite gender. She's tried gaining weight to stave off their advances, but she can never keep it on despite being a chubby kid growing up (again, her metabolism is through the roof). You can usually find her without makeup, red hair wild, wearing her leather jacket, a hoodie of some kind, jeans, and her combat boots.

Equipment: For the most part she doesn't carry many weapons, as they tend to fall apart when she uses her powers. In battle, she carries a blade of some kind: throwing knives and a sword is her favorite weapon combination, but she'll generally use whatever she can get her hands on. Off the battlefield, she still carries a small hunting knife, but her main weapon is a .380 caliber pocket pistol. While she could never use guns on the battlefield due to the intense heat of her powers, she avoids using her powers off the field as much as humanely possible to help avoid identification, which makes the pistol ideal to use.
    [/div][/div][/div][/div]
[div class=tabCover][/div][div class=tabNameA]Biography[/div][div class=tabNameB]Power[/div][div class=tabNameC]History[/div][div class=tabNameD]Personality[/div][/div]

Here's my character, Cassiopeia! If there's anything you want me to change, or if you want me to move all the stuff outside of the character sheet and into regular text, let me know! I look forward to starting this with everyone!
edit: I updated the CS with my new code because it was ugly

Last edited:
Low-Budget Man Low-Budget Man Thank you! Honestly, I have a habit of not starting a character until I have some basics, and then I just go wild from there. So a lot of Cassiopeia I came up with on the spot, including her actual face claim, hehe.

[class name=portraitOne] margin: auto; position: relative; right: 200px; top: 85px; width: 195px; height: 195px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/ypiPWVG.jpg') no-repeat; background size: 100%; border: 2px solid #830303; border-radius: 50%; [/class] [class name=portraitTwo] margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 113px; width: 195px; height: 195px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/CJrm5F7.jpg') no-repeat; background size: 100%; border: 2px solid #830303; border-radius: 50%; [/class] [class name=portraitThree] margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 313px; left: 200px; width: 195px; height: 195px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/uJxtGdc.jpg') no-repeat; background size: 100%; border: 2px solid #830303; border-radius: 50%; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 30pt; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #830303; letter-spacing: 5px; margin: auto; position: relative; bottom: 100px; left: 10px; [/class] [class name=subtitle] font-size: 17pt; font-weight: bold; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #830303; letter-spacing: 1px; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 53px; left: 120px; [/class] [class name=credit] font-size: 8pt; color: #000000; opacity: 0.2; margin: auto; position: relative; left: 10px; top: 50px; [/class] [class name=cont] margin: auto; width: 603px; height: 250px; font-size: 10pt; [/class] [class name=ScrollP] width: 603px; height: 250px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px; padding-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=ScrollC] width: 603px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 60px; [/class]
[div class=portraitOne]
[div class=portraitTwo][/div][div class=portraitThree][/div][/div]
[div class=title]Izaak Stone
[div class=subtitle]Never underestimate the Force of Will[/div][div class=credit](c)Mountain Siren[/div][/div]
no slide
Power
[div class=cont][div class=ScrollP][div class=ScrollC]
Promotion Day Mutation: Promote

Chess Classification: Latent queen, Rook.

Power: “Force of Will”
As a Rook: His abilities are enhanced by the “willpower” of him and others around him. Most notably his speed, strength, durability, perception, reaction time, and agility are increased. his punches can shatter bones, and even without armor he can tank low caliber bullets. Though his power lacks conventional ranges abilities, he can throw most things with devastating force.
It should be noted that his power does give him an increased ability to heal. It is not regeneration my any means. however, his ability to recover from wounds is shortened considerably. A shallow cut, some bruising or minor burns would only take a few hours to be mostly recovered. Broken bones and real lacerations would take a bit longer. Days or possibly weeks depending on the severity. Something like an amputation would never regrow, but the wound would stop bleeding and begin to close much faster than usual.
As a Queen: At higher levels he could be capable of incredible feats. A punch even from meters away would carry enough force to injure. He could leap over huge distances in a single bound. Throw a dozen punches in a second each with the force to break stone. Even catch a tank round out of the air.

Drawback: This power is a double-edged sword. Though on one hand he could become excessively powerful, it would not take much for him to have virtually no power at all. Though his own willpower alone certainly makes him dangerous, even his own will is shakable. If he lost the favor of his allies he would likely spiral down to a point where even he lost his confidence and would be utterly powerless.
This weighs in the back of his mind too. Though he can’t tell what the people around him feel specifically he can tell when those around him power him or not. its made him very self-conscious and painfully aware of how few people have any will towards him at all.
[/div][/div][/div]
History

History Before Promotion Day: Izaak lived out in the Edge working for a gang called Scorpio. They were small but particularly notorious and Izaak was one of their bruisers. Life was simple, he was fed and had a place of his own. It wasn’t glamorous but compared to the average mega corps employee his life had excitement, and his home was a palace. Izaac was not familiar with the paupers at the time, so when a man with two different eyes showed up and was snooping around, Scorpio took notice and acted swiftly. That was when Izaak, like clockwork, was ordered to get information out of him. This was the beginning of his promotion and he was none the wiser. After giving the man a particularly severe beating, unable to get any info out of the opposing gang members crony. The gang boss, Scorpio himself, gave the order to execute, and that’s how Izaak got the attention of Prince.

Promotion Day: A mere two days later, it happened. Izaak had returned to his apartment, after another typical day. Sitting down for a drink he was not prepared for what came next. His door was smashed in, and in flooded none other than his own gang members. Stunned he stared as much of the small gang filed into his apartment including Scorpio himself. “what’s going on?” he asked genuinely standing to face the dozen cold faces. They all just stared at him silently. “Come on guys. What’s up?” he pressed further stepping towards these men who were probably his best friends. He had been drinking with most of them most nights. “that’s what we want to know Izaak.” Came from what was probably his closes friend.
Elsewhere a few days prior. Prince had got word about the odd eyed man and the man who executed him.
Forging a plan, he sent a man posed as Izaak to Scorpios rival gang Silver Cross. He gave them all the info that his gang members had gathered on Scorpio including multiple stashes and where the members lived. It was a simple but effective plan. The next night silver cross raided the stashes and burned the hideouts. One of the groups ran into more than they could handle and were interrogated. Sure, enough they spilled the info they had been fed and Izaak instantly became labeled a traitor.
Scorpio spoke this time, “Silver Cross hit us hard, half our stashed weapons and goods, our men, our homes!” he started calmly but his anger quickly ramped up “What else did you tell them!?” he boomed the rook shook as Scorpios power began ramping up. Izaak both understood fully and had no idea what was going on. His expression hardened as he spoke. “I have not betrayed you.” He stated sternly. Scorpio, now yelling “We caught them! We tortured them! They all pointed to you! Not just one either! All of them said you were their informant! We killed them, and they did not change their story!” he was fuming. “grab him” Scorpio ordered. Two of the men grabed him forcing him down into a chair. In disbelief he did not struggle even as they began to tape his arms down to the chair. “I did not do it!” he pleaded with Scorpio, but it was far too late. The man was as stubborn as his namesake.
Then it happened. He had been punched innumerous times before, but it seemed to hurt more coming from a comrade. Knuckles across his jaw stunned him blood immediately ran from his lips. A second from the other side. After a few minutes of severe beating he was nearly unconscious in the chair. Drooling blood he hung hunched forward. “why did you do it?” Scorpio asked him sternly. “I… didn’t.” Izaak managed. Turning away Scorpio left the room leaving one last statement. “kill him.”
The men who were one his brothers didn’t hesitate, someone had to pay. His closest friend drew his handgun pointing it at his chest. Izaak raised his head to look at him and saw no remorse in his friend’s eyes as he pulled the trigger. Bang! The bullet slammed into him, but it barely buried itself under the skin. “I did not do it!” Izaak seethed before two more rounds slammed into his chest. They knocked the wind out of him, but only left him wounded.
Fury overcame him. Standing his arms ripped the chair apart as he grabbed his old friends gun in one hand and the man’s arm with the other. He felt strong! Stronger than ever before. One last round fired into his shoulder the bullet grazing him, ultimately rolling off leaving only a shallow gash. Izaak lifted the man up slamming him back into the ground before hurling him into the others around him. Moving to the next closes man before they could draw their weapons he kicked the man in the chest launching him into the wall leaving just a slumped over mess. Grabbing the arm of the man next to him as he reached for his gun squeezing until the bones shattered before whipping the man across the room into the guys by the door.
At this time Scorpio returned to see what the commotion was. seeing the man flung across the room by Izaac, he screamed. “Die, Izaak!” putting both hands out, a shockwave came out he blowing Izaak out the fourth story window behind him. Falling he landed on his back on the road below with an audible slap. It hurt like hell but surprisingly he was able to get up. Taking the opportunity, he ran.

History After Promotion Day: For the next couple of weeks he fought those who turned on him without even giving him a chance. Every few days they would sniff out his new hiding place and move in for the kill. Izaak, overcoming them each time, grew more powerful each time as they failed. Sent back to lick their wounds as their will to fight waned his ability to fight grew. However, he was slowly being overrun.
Prince having been keeping tabs on all of this saw a new opportunity. He knew soon enough Izaak would get backed into a corner as the men armed up better to take him down. He ordered one of his squads to go pick him up once this happened. He wished to recruit the new edge-cape.
Sure enough Scorpio and his men came armed to the gills. They had to remove him before he could do more damage. Izaak fought hard killing a few of the men and injuring most of them but he was outmatched. Just as prince had predicted, his squad moved in driving off Scorpio and what was left of his cronies. Picking up Izaak they took him to their base and treated his wounds. Prince offered him a safe place to stay and some basic gear to stay and work as a Rook for him. He left out his own involvement in everything of course. Simply telling him that he was impressed by his ability to wage a one-man war on an established gang. Izaak agreed and after a short recovery he’s been a Pauper for a few weeks.
[/div][/div][/div]
Personality
Personality: He can seem placid and collected on the surface. He’s quiet, but not shy. Dispassionate, and distant. He won’t admit it but his “brothers” turning on him so easily has left him hurt. That coupled with his powers quirk of being powered by others and feeling how few believe in him, has crushed his self-confidence. After the betrayal he seldom makes any promises and is pensive about getting close to others. He is loyal though, and his word is his bond.
He has an incredible appetite, and since his promotion its only grown. He likes to eat and drink and tends to do so too quickly. He like to train spending a small portion of most days exercising. He “likes” working alone but that’s only because of his fear of betrayal. He actually likes having people he can rely on around him. He’s just not sure how to be around people with his power. Though he will rebuke it, he lives the curious and inquisitive type trying to dissect him.
It might seem obvious but Izaak hates traitors. Any kind of betrayal big or small could lead to getting the cold shoulder, or worse. If he shares a secret, he expects it to be kept. Gossip bothers him as well. He is no champion of honor or the like, but truly disgraceful methods don’t sit well with him. He loathes bananas.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
I'm terrible with the code on this site. If someone wants to spruce this up for me I'd love that!

Hey, I've been getting better with the coding on here (much better than my CS, trust me) and I'll take all the practice I can get. PM me and maybe I can get something set up for you?

Very WIP (mostly posting to see that the BBcode is good), so don't sue or kill me.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention or thank Miracleist Miracleist who's BBcode was/is sublime. :)

• 1SMZYbI.jpg
    Portrait by Oephy

The Tailor

• Name: Nadeshda Ivanovna Portnova

Nickname: Nadya

Costumed Name: The Tailor

Nationality: Born in the forgotten ruins of the ancient city of Saint Petersburg, Nadya grew up in the remnants of the Russian Federation, now a profitable region administrated by an infamous Mega-Corp with alarmingly overt ties to organized crime.

Last edited:
Name: Oscar Capote
Costumed Name: Mr. Coil

b3kxeDQ.jpg

WGyGg77.jpg

Form fitting black and grey battle suit with four titanium telescopic tentacles.

DxeuVb3.jpg

Male, Hispanic, 5'10", 170lbs, neural-link jack (cyber modification) along his upper spine.

Everyday Equipment: Smart Tablet, Smart Phone w/Bluetooth Earbud, Smart Glasses, Police Grade Tazer, Multitool, Tactical Flashlight, Tablet Bag, Honda Prestige Van w/Custom "Juliet" Artificial Intelligence

Mr. Coil Equipment: Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene Suit (cut and tear resistant), Smart Eye-Lenses (flash resistant), Multitool, Zip Ties, Magnetic Tracking Beacons, Neural-link Tentacle Harness

Promotion Day Mutation: Brainer

Chess Classifcation: Bishop?

Power: Superhuman intelligence in the areas of robotics, bionics, and cybernetic prosthesis.

Neural-link Tentacle Harness Abilities: The titanium telescopic tentacles can contract down to six feet or extend up to twenty feet. Each one is strong enough to comfortably lift and toss a ton. They can strike surprisingly fast and hit with the force of a jackhammer. At the end of every tentacle is a pincer strong enough to snap a heavy chain in two, as well as an ultraviolet light. Also, each tentacle contains an industrial strength fire extinguisher which it can deploy.

Drawback: Flicker Vertigo. Strobe light effects will cause Oscar to suffer sudden dizzy spells. The spells are often severe enough to temporarily sever his connection with his neural-link tentacle harness. As one could imagine, that could have dire consequences for him. For instances, if Oscar was climbing scaffolding with his titanium appendages and was exposed to a strobe light, he would risk a perilous plunge.

Before Promotion
His childhood was comfortable. Oscar's parents held down lower-middle corporate careers until he was fourteen. His father's trade was network security while his mother served as a hospital administrator. Their combined incomes afforded them a modest but safe apartment in the southern end of The Heights. Opportunities for advancement, while hotly contested, were real possibilities. Compared to the sprawling squalor surrounding Pleasant City their family lived the American dream.

But the comfort they had worked so hard for slipped away in the span of a few years. It began with his mother's termination. From her vantage point inside Orange Garden Hospital she was well aware of her company's unethical practices. Their tactic of overbilling. Their demands of needless expensive tests. Their administering generic drugs when they advertised that they only used leading pharmaceutical brands. It sickened her. So when a class action lawsuit was brought against Orange Garden she helped obtain evidence for the plaintiffs.

She tried to move against her employer discretely but she was uncovered and promptly fired. Worse, word spread of her "betrayal" to other Megacorps in healthcare, and she was blacklisted. Oscar's father was forced to keep the family afloat while his wife was out of work, but misfortune would befall him too. During a required medical screening for his contract renewal he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. Per policy of his employer his contract couldn't be renewed. And because the records of corporate health scans were accessible by all of the city's firms it meant no one else wanted his services - at least none of the decent companies.

So they lost their apartment. Oscar's mother picked up an administrative job in Smog-town and relocated her family there. Her husband deteriorated faster than expected and he would never be fit to work again. Fortunately, rather than have to suffer the terrible school system of Happywood, Oscar landed a scholarship to an excellent science and technology high school Downtown. That's where he discovered his passion for engineering and medicine.

Oscar was always strong in STEM subjects. Not brilliant, but well above average. Competition was fierce for top collegiate engineering & medicine programs though, not to mention costly. So after high school he was forced to settle for an online education. He picked up two bachelor of science degrees in Robotics and Cybermedical Engineering before advancing to graduate school. That's when he decided to specialize in bionics.

As part of his graduate requirement he worked as an intern for a budding cyberware corporation named Miracle Labs. Oscar loved spending time there. The company designed and installed premium cybernetic prosthetics, which was both exciting and rewarding to witness. Best of all his direct supervisor, Dr. Elizabeth Weisman, was one of the leading minds in her field.

Dr. Weisman took a liking to Oscar immediately. It wasn't because of his abilities, as it was quickly apparent her intern would never match her genius, rather it was his enthusiasm and values. Similar to herself Oscar cared about helping people and practicing science ethically.

Near the end of his first year of internship Miracle Labs was sold to the Megacorp Otto Kraddux. They were a German-based company specializing pharmaceuticals, experimental medicine, disease control and containment, cyberware, and surgical and healthcare clinics. While they had several international operations this was the corp's first move into Pleasant City.

Unfortunately for Oscar and Dr. Weisman Otto Kraddux had a reputation for putting profit before ethical considerations. Immediately after taking control of Miracle Labs (they retained the facility's name) corporate demanded important personnel sign extensive non-disclosure agreements. Many of the long serving employees were disgruntled by the demands, but eventually they all signed on the dotted line. Even Dr. Weisman and Oscar.

After getting all of their employees under hush contracts Otto Kraddux explained that they intended to shift Miracle Labs research and costumer base. Instead of cybernetic prosthetics they would create military grade cyberware. Bionic modifications for war and "security." Rather than improve the quality of life of their customers, they would weaponize private armies across the globe.

Dr. Weisman was appalled by her corporation's plans for Miracle Labs. And the moment Otto Kraddux brought in combat veterans as consultants - many of which had served under oppressive and murderous mercenary corps - she resigned. Oscar was heartbroken by her departure but continued on with his internship. He only had half a year to get through.

Less than one week after quitting Miracle Labs Dr. Weisman was shot and killed in her building's parking garage. Her grief stricken partner met with Oscar and told him she suspected the hit was ordered by Otto Kraddux. Dr. Weisman was considering breaking her NDA and leaking the changes at Miracle Labs to the press. She had already contacted a few reporters via email. But if her internet activity had been monitored...

Promotion Day
Oscar finished his internship and earned a masters degree in Cybermedical Engineering. As a graduation present, Elizabeth Weisman's partner hand delivered the late doctor's work computer to him along with her password. Inside it's memory banks were scores of engineering plans, each one dizzingly brilliant, but most of which were incomplete.

As grateful as Oscar was to be amazed by his former mentor and friend one last time, he was also disheartened. Her engineering was beyond him, and he knew it. If her projects were ever going to see the light of day someone else would need to finish them.

One of the plans was truly ambitious. A neural-linked rear harness with four telescopic titanium tentacles. Dr. Weisman believed the super strong appendages could assist firefighters and astronauts, but Oscar envisioned a different purpose for them. Something just as heroic, but out of the hands of governments and Megacorps.

If only he could complete it. One restless night, as he sat and wrestled with her engineering plans, he had his breakthrough. It was if he saw her work with fresh eyes. Brilliant eyes. Not only did it all make sense, but he could pick out the flaws in her engineering. On that night, and for the rest of his life, Oscar's' scientific abilities became superhuman. The young man had promoted.

After Promotion
With his new peerless prowess in bionics Oscar chose not to continue with his education. He was now more of an expert than any professor he would hope to study under. The first promise he made to himself as a self identified brainer was to never work for a corporation. Megacorps had ruined the lives of too many of the people he cared about.

So Oscar went in to business for himself; a rogue engineer who fixed malfunctioning cyberware. A street doc. He even made house calls. It wasn't legal, but he didn't want it to be. Dr. Weisman's death awakened a spirit in him that needed to rebel against the tyranny of the Megas. And rebel he did.

He constructed Dr. Weisman's harness. Then he installed the neural-link along his spine and picked out a costume. Why not? Oscar had as good as reasons as anyone to be superhero, more importantly, he had the nerve.

Mr. Coil. That's what he decided to call himself. And that's the name his enemies would soon curse. He carved out a territory inside the edge district of Dogleg, though he would frequently stray from it. Out there, away from authority, he vowed to bring justice to those who it was owed. Today there are neighborhoods of Dogleg with his name and likeness graffitied over every building. Many despise him, others are thankful for him. But after seventeen years as an edge-cape, all of them know his name.

Personality: Honorable, Protectivce, Loyal, Considerate, Creative, Analytical, Measured, & Reserved.

Last edited:
wip

Name: Chase Everett (Goes by his cape name)

Costumed Name: Entropy

Appearance: Entropy is seven feet tall with a lean build. His skin is brick-red and papery, and develops into overlapping ribbons on his torso, arms, and legs. There are holes on his palms lined with fangs - they're actually mouths. Entropy doesn't have a mouth on his face, and while there's a wedge-shaped protrusion on his face that sorta resembles a nose, he doesn't have nostrils either. He breathes through his skin, and is capable of speech through unknown means. His eyes have black sclerae and irises and gold pupils, and his hair is sorta long.
Entropy also has a tail, as long as he is tall and covered in black scales with a forked tip. It's prehensile, surprisingly strong, and grows back when cut off, but is only half an inch thick and growing back more often than not.

Costume: Given his track record of unintentionally destroying his armor,

Promotion Day Mutation: Double

Chess Classifcation: King

Power: Entropy can produce a gas from his body that can break down matter and reshape it.
This gas resembles very thin smoke, and is relatively harmless on its own. However, if it comes into contact with any nonliving solid or liquid matter, it will molecularize it and store it in a pocket dimension.
Entropy can also use this gas to procure matter he's absorbed out of this dimension, although deconstruction is the default. Entropy can also control the gas he produces telekinetically, which means he can alter the terrain at will.

Drawback: Entropy's power weakens drastically whenever he's moving faster than a lesiurely stroll. The amount of gas he can produce drops dramatically, and he loses his control over it, making him limited by his aim to manipulate his environment.
In addition, his deconstruction power is useless against living matter, but that's usually the case for powers that would be incredibly deadly if they weren't.

History Before Promotion Day: (What was their life like before their mutation?)

Promotion Day: (What caused their mutation to emerge? What was their worst day like?)

History After Promotion Day: (What was their life like after their mutation?)

Personality:

Last edited:
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R out of curiosity, did you make Entropy’s initials the same as Cass’s on purpose? If they’re ever within 100ft of each other, Cass’s powers won’t work, so that could be interesting.

Name: Carter Nicks

Costumed Name: "Skipper".

1528064660497.png

1528068730842.png

Equipment: His favorite pair of headphones, comfortable sneakers, and an LED mask that he wears from time to time. He invented the mask as well as other little doo-dads that he made in his spare time. They're usually technology of trivial nature-- some can emit light or make noises, others can relay messages between two parties, and create a bit of heat. These inventions look as if they were made haphazardly with some parts to sticks out, others seemingly already worn despite never been used; Sometimes, these inventions could never work at all. Carter is still trying to learn and hopefully he can garner some income through it possibly.

Promotion Day Mutation: Promote

Chess Classifcation: Knight

Powers & Drawbacks:

Blink: Carter can instantly teleport in short distances. The thing is that in the middle of the teleportation, he actually goes through a "middle-plane" before arriving at his desired location. When Carter teleports, he goes through this middle-plane for a few brief seconds. This middle-plane has no air and some exposure to this area can cause multiple different issues. If he gets effected, he could get an illness, lose an item in the process, or even get hurt. The weirdest part of this plane is that there is no place in this world that geographically makes sense-- it's an area where there is no floor, there is no distinct features other than what seems to be stars above, the world is always in different shades of color every time Carter blinks, and just going through this middle-plane feels like you're swimming.

Overall, this means whenever he has to teleport, he has to risk being hurt.

Invisibility: If Carter can make his heart rate around 50-60bpm, he can become invisible. Anything above this certain bpm would completely turn him visible again. This would mean if he want to go sneak somewhere, he needs to be calm and collected if he wants to succeed. Of course, this is something he has yet to master.

History Before Promotion Day: Carter's life was nothing special. He usually lived in the slums with his sister, trying to scrape by as much as possible. They would do a certain amount of oddjobs, eat as little to save for the next day, and sleep in the weirdest places. They would do anything except giving one up for the other. Whatever problem they faced, they would do together. Fortunately, they never really experienced this at all. Up until his sister received an illness. Something was wrong with her, and it seemed terminal. Becoming low-class didn't give Carter a lot of options. So the only thing that Carter would imagine himself doing is doing a job so intense, it could cause him his life. Without telling her, he tried getting an under-the-table job as a courier for the Snakeheads. This paid well, and got Carter and his sister some lodging. But it was only a matter of time before something would end up going wrong.

Promotion Day: "It's just a small parcel. Nothing to it". Those were the words he remembered when he got a small box from his employer. The distance was not that far, but with the weather in the dark night started to downpour, Carter decides to take the subway.
Business was slow, so he managed to catch the train easily. He was by himself along with other folk across the car. They seemed to have their eyes on him.
He didn't pay them mind as his stop just arrived. As he stood up and walked towards the exit. But then it was almost immediately he felt a searing hot pain hit his right abdomen and shoulder. Then his left calf. He fell to the ground, his package slipped from his hands as it slides across the floor. One of the figures picked it up and wiped the blood off of it. He opened the package and took the contents and placed it inside his jacket pocket, and then shot one of his cohorts right in the head, dropping in front of Carter. He then placed the gun right next to Carter and simply stepped back inside the train, one of the last members of the group staying to call the authorities, and then sit on a bench right next to him as he waited for the authorities to arrive.

In those very moments, Carter's heart began to race. His mind kickstarting, multiple thoughts coursing through his head.
"Am I going to die? Will I go to jail?"
"What about Circe? She's all alone..."
"What would she think? Would she even know?"
"Could she handle herself?"
"Oh god-- I can't. I can't let this happen!"

It was like something in him started. When he looked up and saw another train pass by, all of his thoughts just became. "I want to go there. I want to go away. Away from here." He flipped onto his stomach, and started to crawl towards the train. His blood trailing behind him. He felt a voice trying to stop him before anything happened,

He moved.

History After Promotion Day: Carter took a bit to recover, but when he discovered something new within him, he had to ponder about it. He started to experiment, research. Trying to comprehend what just happened.

Promotion?

Unfortunately, he didn't have too much time to think as he still has problems on his shoulders. The Snakeheads are denied of their delivery, and another group attempted to frame him for them. Carter is just a courier, he has no desire to bring this up to the Snakeheads. But his life and his sister's in on the line. It's only a matter of time before he has to take action.

Personality: Carter's personality can be identified with the use of two words: Hope and Curiosity. He is generous to others if they are kind to him. And he will always believe in the best of people despite rumors, circumstances, and relationship. He is an optimist, with a huge hope that one day everyone can find their peace. Carter is also one to always ask questions. When he has so much to do he can't stand around and ask questions. This makes him wonder about the world, and the people that he lives with. He keeps thinking of "why", "how", and "what's next". He knows he won't get all of the answers he wants, and he's somewhat content about it.

Last edited:
Name:
Kiera Bray

Costumed Name:
Tigris

Costume:
b807d4d10ac4b90b2f3f6a157505c792.jpg
Appearance:
snow_white_resubmit_by_sakimichan-d39mh3q.jpg
Equipment:
She wears skin tight bodysuit armor that's easy to move in and can protect her. She has a tiger gas mask which is mostly used for hiding her identity. She also has two bracelets, one on each wrest, that can trans form into claws or a gun.

Promotion Day Mutation:
Promote

Chess Classifcation:
Queen?/Rook

Power:
Feline Physiology - Enhanced abilities of cats, wild and domestic and can shape shift into a cat but for it'd a white tiger. She only does that for last resort. She is more powerful in her tiger form.

Drawback:
Know wow cats don't like water? Well same seems to be for her powers. She can't get wet or she loses her ablity to shape shift. The more wet she is the harder it is for her to shift into her tiger form.

History Before Promotion Day:
Kiera was born in the Bright-lights. Her family were very rich and not unknown. When Kiera was born her mother unfortunately had died and it was just her and her father but she had really good times. Her father was very kind and never seem to have a temper. He always treated Kiera like a princess but made sure not to spoil her. She learned a lot from her father and everything seemed perfect but then he remarried and everything started to go down hill. Kiera was 10 when her father remarried to a woman named Kristyn Pike. The woman was...well lack of a better word a utter bitch. But of course she didn't act this way in front of her husband but whenever her and Kiera were alone she showed her true colors. She always belittled her all the time and bossed her around but Kiera never said anything she could see how happy her father seem to be so she decided to keep it to herself but then suddenly one morning he was found dead. Kiera was devastated and now she was all alone. Kiera was 11 so it happened a year after he married Kristyn. Kiera didn't know how her father died but sometimes she wondered if her stepmother had anything to do with it. It was awful thought but Kiera for some reason couldn't deny how strange it all was. Her father was kind to everyone he didn't have enemies and he was in perfect health. Days got worse after he died Kiera had basically become a outright servant in her own house.

Promotion Day:
Years went by but Kiera tried to stay strong through it. Kiera wasn't one to be so controlled but she felt like she had no where else to go she always made sure to obey her stepmother though even that never seemed good enough. There were even days when her stepmother had actually hit her and not like spanking you give a naughty child but like a good slap to the face just for make a small mistake. One day Kiera had mistake broken something a very expensive vase that was suppose to be sold off to the highest bidder to raise for charity which Kiera knew was big fat lie. Not all of the rich here were scumbags but a lot of them were and they were flat out liars as well. When Kristyn heard the somethin shatter she came into the living room and lost it. She started yelling screaming at Kiera like a maniac. She then went to grab a belt and started beating her with it. Kiera was on the floor crying and yelling out for her to stop but her stepmother just kept at but then finally Kiera snapped suddenly her body began to shift and grow into a huge white tiger and she attacked Kristyn. The woman screamed in pain but Kiera wasn't hearing it. It like she had finally snapped then what finally made her stop was when she started to smell the blood and saw it on the floors. She suddenly turned back to her human self to see her stepmother almost torn to shreds and bleeding everywhere. Kiera started shaking and looked in horror. She didn't mean to do that she didn't want kill her. Though she hadn't killed her though almost did. She then started crying saying she was sorry over and over but of course that would do nothing. Suddenly a woman walked and screamed when she sat her stepmother on the floor and Kiera covered in blood. The woman started phoning for the police and Kiera ran. And to her surprise she was fast. She had never been able to run fast like this before. She noticed other changes in her but she didn't stop to admire them. Finally she sound herself at the Edge and had ended up in alley way. She started crying her again as she hugged her knees. She never wanted to loose it like that again. She never wanted to hurt someone like that again. She kept whispering to herself she wasn't a monster or killer but it didn't help. She jumped suddenly when she felt a hand on her head. She looked up to see a man smiling down at her. "It's alright" He said as bent down. Kiera looked at him bit frighten and unsure. "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Prince and I think I might be able to help."

History After Promotion Day:
Kiera was 13 when she became a Promote and joined the Paupers though she wasn't to thrilled about the stealing part she didn't understand at the time why they did it. She was very innocent girl that had been thrown into a life she knew nothing about but as she got older she learned. Though she still doesn't improve on the kidnapping in fact she tends doesn't like to be a part of it and tries to avoid it when she can she's even out right asked a person if it was alright she take them with her....you'd be surprise how many times that worked. She's been apart of this for ten years and is quite experienced. She like many others hate Mega- Corp though that doesn't mean she wants anything to do with government they can be just as bad and she has no problem with the little power they have. As of now Kiera pretty much does whatever missions she gets her way and she will get violent and threating if she has to. Though she refuses to do what she did that day to her stepmother. She never wants to loose control like that again. Though she will use her tiger form she doesn't do the damage that she is very capable of. Every now and then she has nightmares of that day she attack her stepmother. Kiera has manage to never kill anyone and she doesn't want to she's also afraid of snapping like that again and it scares her still to this day.

Personality:
Kiera is best described as an excitable, impulsive, reckless, optimistic, energetic, and short-tempered girl, which is consistent with her normally exaggerated expressions. Due to her great determination, she is always up for a challenge, even if it seems too difficult for her. As Kiera is very social, kind, and truly compassionate, people are often drawn to her happy disposition. She is also very immersed in her own fantasies, and sometimes does not account for other peoples opinions. Kiera is very clever, very creative and eschews tradition for innovation. Despite her impulsiveness, ultimately Kiera is a selfless girl who will risk her own self to do what is right.​

Ericandmylastname Ericandmylastname I like his Promotion Day backstory a lot! You gave me a bunch of ideas to play around with. Also, I like his cool style with his costume. The only thing I'm going to ask of you before you're accepted is can you elaborate more on his powers? I like the concept of the middle plane, but how does it exactly work? So he when he teleports, he goes through a weird dimension for how long exactly? Just a couple of seconds? What does it look like? Is the time frame short enough for him to even grasp he's going through a different dimension?

Also, the invisibility thing. That's an interesting idea. I don't really get this sentence though, " Anything above would completely turn him visible again. ". So if he has a roof over his head, does it not work? Mind elaborating further?

animegirl20 animegirl20 I dig your character's vibe. The drawback is pretty amusing to me. Anyways, I am also going to ask you to elaborate on her powers a bit more before I accept you. I'm fine with everything else. I'm frankly a bit confused by her power. So she normally possesses feline attributes like enhanced reflexes and speed. But she also can turn into a white tiger, and only a white tiger? And in her white tiger form she's stronger. So is it just like a normal white tiger or a white tiger with super strength or something? Also, her bracelets transforming into claws or a gun. I assume that's just technology and not her power, correct?

Ericandmylastname Ericandmylastname I like his Promotion Day backstory a lot! You gave me a bunch of ideas to play around with. Also, I like his cool style with his costume. The only thing I'm going to ask of you before you're accepted is can you elaborate more on his powers? I like the concept of the middle plane, but how does it exactly work? So he when he teleports, he goes through a weird dimension for how long exactly? Just a couple of seconds? What does it look like? Is the time frame short enough for him to even grasp he's going through a different dimension?

Also, the invisibility thing. That's an interesting idea. I don't really get this sentence though, " Anything above would completely turn him visible again. ". So if he has a roof over his head, does it not work? Mind elaborating further?

animegirl20 animegirl20 I dig your character's vibe. The drawback is pretty amusing to me. Anyways, I am also going to ask you to elaborate on her powers a bit more before I accept you. I'm fine with everything else. I'm frankly a bit confused by her power. So she normally possesses feline attributes like enhanced reflexes and speed. But she also can turn into a white tiger, and only a white tiger? And in her white tiger form she's stronger. So is it just like a normal white tiger or a white tiger with super strength or something? Also, her bracelets transforming into claws or a gun. I assume that's just technology and not her power, correct?
Yes it is only a white tiger.

It's more like a white tiger with super strength. It's bigger faster and stronger then a normal tiger.

Her bracelets are just technology.

Sightseer Sightseer I really love your character! Nadya's backstory is intriguing and unique, I was hooked reading her Promotion Day. It was a very interesting take on that section I really enjoyed. I have no issues there! Take your time, there's no rush. :D

Name: Kazo Tor

Age: he was 30 when the battle turned his bar into dust. Though he's now 37 he has not aged.

Costumed Appearance: He most wears a white button up shirt with a black suit vest. A thin black tie slacks belt and dress shoes.

Appearance: Kazo

Equipment: Any tool a bartender could need.

Promotion Day Mutation: Promote-Rewire

Chess Classification: King

Power: The Speakeasy

The speakeasy is a pocket dimension attached to the normal world by a beautiful mahogany door. The only markings on it is the words “The Speakeasy” Scrawled on it beautifully. The text always is in the language the patron can read. There can be an indefinite number of doors into the speakeasy. They will always fill the space of what was an established door or doorway. Kazo does have some control over who can and can’t find the doors. It works like a filter only showing itself to those who are “invited”. Those with incredible sense though would likely see the door even if they were not “invited”.

This is not Kazo’s power necessarily. He is a bartender not a bar, his power lies in his drinks. Though most of them do benign things like get one drunk. His drinks are one of his main abilities to actually affect those around him. They can do almost any wonderous thing, erase memories, heal wounds, cure blindness. the limit is exclusive to what he can bend reality to do.

This does lead to how his power works though. like any business there must be compensation equal or usually greater than that witch is provided. For something simple like, god forbid, a normal cocktail, normal money is sufficient. But how much money is needed to cure incurable blindness? what is the going price for immortality? Even the richest CEO of a mega corps would fail to buy themselves the powers of a promote. Money is not the only currency in the speakeasy though. As Kazo can provide anything reality he can also take it as compensation. The only exception is that what is offered must be offered with free will. One could not offer the life of another, only what they have agency over.

Drawback: First, and probably the largest, if he exits the pocket dimension for any amount of time, he dies.

Second, though his power is incredible it cannot override the free will of others. He can physically stop someone from doing bad things, but he can’t take their will to do them away.

Third, not so much a drawback, but the speakeasy will always take the form of a bar. Kazo will always be there to tend it. I can be a beautiful tropical beach resort with a tiki hut on the white sand, or an opulent marble palace, but always a bar.

Fourth, where someone enters the speakeasy is exactly where they will exit. It cannot be used as a form of dimensional transport.

Fifth, nothing taken without compensation from the bar will continue to exist. if upon entering he alters someone’s clothing when they exit they will be wearing what they were upon entering. Same with if a glass was taken. Upon exiting it will cease to exist.

Lastly, Though Kazo may give things for "free" this is not entirely the case. In order for his power to have an effect there must be compensation. like any business giving something away is a net loss. this loss must be fronted by Kazo from the assets hes collected or something he willfully has agency over. when something is given away, whatever Kazo used to pay for it is destroyed and returned to the natural dimension.

History Before Promotion Day: Kazo ran a bar on Goldberg lake. It was a popular and beloved place. Though not a soul loved the place more than Kazo. He lived and breathed his bar. It was a high class place catering to the tourists and mega corps socialites. Kazo was rich in many ways. He worked almost every day, and when he did not he would enjoy the river and the lake. A simple life but he loved nothing more than his spirits.

Promotion Day: Kazo’s promotion came entirely by accident. There was no betrayal or subterfuge. No evil or malcontent. A simple miscalculation by a Badge that used high explosives. During one of the scuffs with the edge capes in the area, a brick of high explosives was launched though the window of Kazo’s bar. He leapt into action, not to save himself, nor his patrons, but in a futile attempt to save his bar. He ran to the bomb picked it up and attempted to hurl it out the window with all his might.

In the end the bomb left nothing but debris and copious amounts of gore. unable to identify more than a couple of the dozen bodies worth of viscera left it was simply assumed that Kazo was one of the casualties.

That was incorrect though, as Kazo awoke floating in a void. much time passed, in fact half a decade is how long it took him to rewire fully. In that time, he and his bare were nearly all but forgotten. That was when a mysterious door began popping up all over. Every district had sightings of it, though it never seemed to stay in any one place for long, sometimes only long enough to take in one single person.

History After Promotion Day: It has been a few years and many people have likely heard of the Speakeasy, though having actually seen it is another story entirely. His bar is now constantly frequented by people from all over. all are welcome, Kazo turns none away, though some may simply not have the compacity to notice the door lingering in their peripheral vision.

Personality: His first and only desire is to tend bar and service his patrons in any way he sees fit. He is truly neutral to all parties and expects the same in his establishment. He can seem alien and overwhelming. He is not afraid to flex his power. He is warm and gentle in his own way though. During his rewire most of Kazo ceased to exist, his memories and the like do exist but have become so far away from him and the speakeasy that their almost difficult to remember. He Became the embodiment of his role.

He loves to serve and will often go above and beyond for his patrons. He sees all of them in a unique light finding each of them mystifying. he is not without bias though. much like a normal bartender those he like will get benefits while those he does not will simply get service. He dislikes those who disrespect him his bar or the patrons he favors. He also has a particular dislike for those who don’t appreciate spirits. Those looking for something “cheap and easy” or with the mentality of “it all does the same thing.” are in the wrong place. Fortunately, most of them never find the door.

Same as before, I'd love if someone wanted to spruce up this CS. *cough* Mountain Siren Mountain Siren *cough*

Last edited:
Zane Zane That's a fascinating character! However, what are the limitations of what he can give? Like if he wants, can he just repeatedly give someone drinks to make them immensely powerful?

Zane Zane That's a fascinating character! However, what are the limitations of what he can give? Like if he wants, can he just repeatedly give someone drinks to make them immensely powerful?

No, though he can give things for "free" in that case he himself is accepting the cost of it. I'll add that in the drawbacks

Low-Budget Man Low-Budget Man Ok, I added that addendum. It's funny because I spent a lot of time thinking about how to make the power something interesting and crazy, but reasonable. Adding as many rules and the like to it as is could think of to make it good. even then I knew you would come back with a good point. xD

Beyond that I really don't wish to crate that kind of scenario in the roleplay. if you can think of anything else feel free to hit me with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back