the dynast with 400 concubines, how to solve?

But the ones that don't exalt, also have a chance of being fucking retarded like the Hapfsbergs or the Hanovarian kings.

Leave the genetic interaction as solely within the Terrestrial lineage; problems result in denial of Exaltation--a form of disability, to be sure, but there are always room for well-trained Half-Castes.

Simplicity, remember?

This just means that when my solar circle overthrows the realm, I'm gonna force the dynasts into slavery where I'll just have them breed with each other to create pureblood DB automatons that are then further indoctrinated with purile religious non-sense that will ingrain them into the social fabric of my new realm and create a de-facto police force of exalted idiots hellbent on sustaining the status quo.

So essentially, other than bearing the title of slave, the lives of most dynasts wont actually change I guess.

Something I would like to point out:  Aren't DBs possessed of a fairly substantial lifespan?  I believe the Empress herself was about 700 or so when she vanished...

If the particular holder of said 400 concubines started at about age 20, and just banged 1 per year, he'd be 420 when he got done, and for some of the older houses like Ragara, that wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Most DBs knock off around 2-300, on average. There are exceptions, but most of them seem to be related directly to the Empress. Run a search for "Age of Empresses". There was a discussion on this topic.

-S

If an Essence 5 DB with Breeding 5 had 400 concubines at any time and, assuming that he got to each once a year, about 40 of them would get pregnant each year.  Assuming that he kept them in good health (Stamina 3, Endurance 3 and Resistance 3), only three to four would die in childbirth.  The children, as they would all be Half-Caste, would always survive.  He would have 40 Inheritance 3 Half-Castes a year with half of them becoming Bredding 4 DBs (while their mother's blood was as common as muck, their father's blood was very good).  In one century, the DB would produce 2000 Inheritance 3 Half-Castes and 2000 Breeding 4 DBs.  He would have to replace, on average, forty-four concubines a year due to concubines death in childbirth and due to concubines getting beyond optimal childbearing age.  

A more realistice scenario, for a Resources 5 DB for instance, would be 40 concubines.  Half of them would get pregnant (as he could visit them ten times a year) and, within a century, he would have 1000 Inheritance 3 Half-Castes and 1000 Breeding 4 DBs.  He would have to replace six every year due to death in childbirth and due to concubines getting beyond optimal childbearing age.

Even in the later case, the DB would have a small army of Half-Castes and DBs within a century.

I know the idea of picking up the Player's Guide offends some folks, now that the 2E is out, but yes, Terrestrials can produce Half Castes.

I'm surprised no one ever caught onto that, because it struck me as intruging and somewhat cool. All the Dynast kids are Half caste, not counting Minor Houses, they have usually more mortal blood. Though I like Half Castes all around, see my thread on Solar Half Castes ^^;

I started talking about Terrestrial Half-Castes and Terrestrial Beastmen as soon as PG came out but no one seemed to pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back