Story The Drive (Short story)

IIShadyAnubisII

this one wants a cookie
The year is 2003, it's a crisp autumn evening and you're driving down a quiet road, "What You Won't Do For Love" playing on your radio. The woods on either side of the road seem to go on forever, and you feel inner peace, your chest feels warm, and you smile, thinking "It's great to be alive..." You've only seen one or two other cars in the hour or so of you driving and wonder when you'll see another one...half an hour passes by and you still don't see anything besides the trees and the occasional road sign. You think of calling it a day and driving back home, you look in your rearview mirror to see a car behind you, so you pull over to let them pass, then you pull back onto the road and make a u-turn...after 2 hours of driving, you can just see your hometown over a ridge.You drive past the welcome sign and through the small downtown area before turning onto your street and into your driveway.....THE END

I hope you like my short 2nd person narrative, it's my first public story and kinda my testing grounds, so i'm open to constructive criticism. Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back