Anime & Manga The Dragon Prince

Ryse

So, new show popped up on netflix called The Dragon Prince which is actually made by some of the same people who worked on Avatar The Last Airbender. Even the main character is voiced by the guy who played Sokka! So i feel obligated to watch it. On the first episode at the time of this thread going up and so far my only complaint is the animation style. The switch to 3D is fine, but it seems kind of choppy. Maybe its just the frame-rate but i can put up with it for now. RWBY is one of my favorite shows and it had similar issues at first. I trust it will get better.

Anyone else watching it? Came out on the 14 of September. Might be a new Fandom i get into~

Definitely worth the watch, even if the animation style took some adjustment. And after a while, I stopped noticing the frame rate. Can't wait for the next season(s)!

Oh dude, Amaya is a beast! And her dynamic with Gren is grade A awesomeness. I love how they made her deaf/mute, but still so capable and badass.

All the characters are great, actually. I also love Soren and Claudia. They're dorks and so stupid, but yet they still have these smart ideas.

Yes ikr? She was such a treat. I'd expect nothing less from co creators of avatar.

And yes, Claudia is such a ditz but she is a mage hahaha. I like how they turned the 'jock' stereotype on its head with Soren. He is actually nice, sensitive, fun, and he bitches a lot lol.

Exactly! I loved when he "helped" Callum. And I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Soren and Claudia find the princes. They're all good kids, I want them to do the right right thing.

Y'know, in some shows there's a character I end up being kinda meh about, but I think it's safe to say I love all of them in TDP. It's no surprise the people who were behind ATLA are also behind this.

No surprise at all. I'm glad to see Sokka's voice actor get a main role though. The universe just feels right now lol.

For real. And Callum still has the goofy and lovable Sokka vibe. But dude, did you know there's a video game in development, set in the same world? That'll be epic! Though with my luck it'll probably be on a system I don't have xD

Eh, i don't really trust games based off 'anime' or shows. They normally turn out pretty bad save for a few exceptions lol.

I think this might end up being an exception lol. Only time will tell.

The animation isn't bad in itself. In particular, the scenery and backgrounds are top-notch. But it is true that at times the animation is choppy, or the characters are not really well-rendered. For the fights, it was really cool, tho. But what caught my interest from the show was the characters and the light-hearted tone the relationships have while also feeling very very real. My favorite char is Rayla, althought to be honest all of them are really well done and nuanced.

I tried watching it and it feels uncomfortably similar to like 15 shows I've already seen
And I couldn't get through the first episode because that girl with the book has a voice that is physically painful to listen to

I just finished the entire first season in one night and OMG it was incredible. I need the next season right now ;-;

I'm not the only one that completely failed to notice that Rayla is one finger short on each hand until she needed to disguise it right?

This is on my list of things to watch, glad everyone else is enjoying it. The animation style looks a bit odd but I'm definitely going to give it a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back