• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dragon and the Hunter's Daughter (Vikki_Rose)

Xavier found himself smiling a bit as Arissa sweetly told her fairy friends to keep concealed in order to stay out of danger. The way she cared for them in an almost motherly way was very endearing to the Dragon.

Following Arissa outside, he nodded in affirmation as she said no one follows her into these woods, feeling a bit relieved. Allowing her to lead, he took in the surroundings, glad to be able to enjoy nature without worrying about being hunted for once. "These woods remind me of my home deep in the wilds that I was driven from... I could get used to this," he said. The location and feeling protected wasn't all, though; he already had taken quite the liking to Arissa herself, and her fairy companions would make great friends themselves. He found a warmth in his chest rising, however, as he thought about the possibility of Arissa being much more than a friend to him someday. She almost seemed to be made for him from her beauty, down to the kindness and her ability to fight, as well as her other skills and abilities. He found her absolutely amazing.

Meanwhile, the noble's carriage had arrived at Arissa's house. He got out and knocked on her door several times, before cursing under his breath rewalizing that she must be out. He resolved to wait by the door for her for a while, flowers in hand, unaware of her new companion or what he was.

Last edited:
Arissa walked stopping a few times to gather some berries and wild herbs.She listened to the birds chirping before everything became silent.She pulled out a small hidden dagger preparing for anything when a wolf jumps infront of her.

Arissa sighed,"its just you."She says seemingly relieved as the wolf walked to her."How is your leg?"She asks kneeling to the large boy as he turned for her to see his hind leg which had been trapped in a knights dragon trap.She nodded,"its healing quite nicely you will be fine and become alpha okay boy."She says before the wolf looked at Xavier before rushing off.

"He was injured when i found him,it took a bit but i gained his trust and helped his wound.He is a sweet wolf and my only other friend besides the fairies and now you."She says smiling.

When the birds fell silent, Xavier stopped in his tracks, looking all around, ready to fight alongside her if needed, hand at his own weapon, his sword, sheathed at his hip. He was about to lunge at the wolf before it could get to Arissa, but he didn't move when he realized the creature stopped in front of her instead of moving to attack. When she seemed to recognize the wolf, he relaxed, and found himself smiling as she spoke softly to the majestic beast and carefully inspected his hind leg. Before she even explained, it was clear; she had rescued this wolf and nursed him back to health in much the same way as she'd rescued Xavier. She was clearly a friend to all of nature; a rarity among humans, from Xavier's experience. When the wolf turned toward him, he regarded the creature with a nod and a respectful look, watching him go curiously.

"I see... you truly are the kindest soul I have met, Arissa. It warms my heart to know that I'm not the first being you have saved. Now I certainly see why the fae are drawn to you, even though they avoid most humans. One of them told me last night as I was carrying you to your bed that you weren't like other humans... I see what she meant now." He smiled warmly. "Let's get those berries, then, shall we?"

"Oh uh actually my father and mother always told me i was a special type of human.One that has special blood.I think that is the reason why the fae are attracted to me."She says gently.

She gathered the berries happily as she smiled up at him."Do you like pie i can make some later if you want?"She asks smiling happily.She stood with her basket that looked a bit heavy to carry.

(Sorry i thought i had replied to it.)

Xavier's eyes widened as Arissa revealed exactly what her fairy friends had been hinting at. "I see. Forgive me but I'm not sure I've heard of these humans; they must be exceptionally rare. I certainly think you deserve the Fae's attention regardless of your blood, though; you're a kind and wonderful soul, I can tell just from how well you've treated me so far." Smiling and meeting her eyes for a moment, he then kept following her, finding himself still keeping an eye and an ear out for knights or other threats, however. He was of the mind that one could never be too careful out here.

He found himself smiling back to her. "I... don't think I've had pie before, but after getting a taste of your amazing cooking skills I'd happily try anything you make," he said. "And here, let me carry this for you for a while," he said, reaching over and taking the basket in his hand. "I'll gladly pull my own weight for you, Arissa." He met her eyes and smiled, his heartbeat quickening a bit as he realized how close his hand was to Arissa's, thinking about how it might feel to hold it.

Arissa looked at him and smiled taking his hand gently."then i hope you enjoy blueberries."She says smiling.She led him back to the house before she stopped upon seeing the noble.She stared at him as her hand tightened in Xaviers.

Xavier's heart warm as she took his hand, and he nodded. "I certainly do, and I might like them even more after trying your pie if my hunch is right." He finds himself savoring the feeling of holding her hand, wanting to stay that way for a while, as doing so made him feel safe and happier than he ever remembered feeling before. There was also pressure in his chest the likes of which he hadn't felt before; strange to him, but not at all unpleasant.

The noble jerked his head toward the sound of rustling near where he was camping out in front of Arissa's outskirts abode and smiled a rather wide (and lascivious) smile when he saw, just as he expected, that Arissa herself had emerged, just the girl he was waiting for. He found himself glowering at Xavier, however, once he saw that Arissa's hand was firmly clasped in his. He couldn't tell what Xavier was from his hood, but the possibility that this mysterious man had captured Arissa's heart would not do.

Turning back to Arissa and faking a smile while utterly ignoring Xavier's presence, the man approached her, eyebrow raised. "Afternoon, Arissa darling; I brought you a gift." He handed her some pristine-looking, healthy roses, sparing no expense for her as always because he was rich enough that it wouldn't hurt his finances one bit. "You'll likely need two free hands to hold them, though; might I ask who this... mysterious hooded gentleman is? I find myself... concerned to see you strolling the woods with a man who won't even show his face. A bit suspicious, I would think."

Xavier simply stood still, not making a sound and observing the man, inadvertently gripping her hand tighter due to a combination of stress of possibly being discovered by a powerful human, and clearly the noble that wants Arissa for himself to boot, and anger for how he spoke to her like a weak, dainty damsel in need of protection which he knew Arissa was far from; she was strong, beautiful and kind and deserved far better than this lout, he could tell. His other hand began to clench into a fist, unbeknownst to him, but he held back mostly in order to not resort to violence. He didn't think Arissa would want him to.

"This is a relative of mine who is blind and needs my hand to walk.He hides his face due to a hidieous scar he got from a knight."She says covering and helping Xavier even though she felt horrible about lying.

She took the roses and tossed them over her shoulder."I dont need your bought roses when the forests wild roses are ten times more beautiful.Also i told you to not bother me,i dont wish for your company or for the expensive gifts you waste your money upon.Instead of trying to buy my heart why not help the village qith the wasted money you spent.I have had to help the towns folk find yet another water source.And also i have been gathering berries and roots for them since they are suffering."She says before walking past the noble leading Xavier inside as the nobles guards try to hide their laughter at how she rejected the nobles advances yet again.

Xavier was surprised by Arissa's lie, but went along with it and didn't mind. After all, as dumb as this man seemed to be, it was rather clear that he was very likely to buy her story outright, and thus the pair wouldn't have a chance of being endangered if the Noble discovered his species.

Arissa's explanation only caused the man to furrow his brow, glowering over at Xavier suspiciously, even though he had believed what Arissa had said. "From a knight, hm? The knights uphold the justice of our land; if he was attacked by a knight, you're holding very unwise company, milady, family or no. The only reason I will not bring him in with that knowledge is because he is clearly dear to you. I would be very very cautious around him, though, and if I were you I would turn him in."

The noble sported a dejected look on his face as Arissa coldly rejected him yet again. Convinced that he always got what he wanted eventually, though, he then shook it off and smiled at her, not listening at all to her words and, instead, finding himself thinking how beautiful she was again and that, eventually, she would be his. Xavier could see the noble's delusions through the look on his face. For a man that was given nothing until he met Arissa, he found it rather easy to see that this noble had been given everything to the point that he felt entitled to the heart of a woman without even trying to appeal to her or to anything besides his skewed and stereotypical view of what she would truly want so that he could have her. IF that wasn't bad enough, h Xavier found it disgusting, an example beyond the Paladins as to why Xavier hadn't trusted mankind as far as he could throw them until Arissa came along and showed him that humans could be every bit as kind and downright angelic as they could be the opposite; she opened his mind more than anyone or anything ever had before. Xavier kept silent so as not to make things worse for Arissa, or himself for that matter.

The Noble took a deep breath, glaring back at his laughing guards for a moment before turning toward Arissa again. "Think about what I have said, Arissa darling. I will come again tomorrow to check up on you. In fact, I will also bring knights to ensure that the identity of your relative there does not put you in mortal danger as I fear he does. Good day, my sweet." His feigned sweetness then turned into cursing under his breath and mumbling to himself eslewise, head down, as he got to his carriage and drove off, knowing when he had been thwarted yet again but having plans to win her heart still. She had said to use his money to help the town, and he supposed he could spare a few funds to help the peasantry somehow. All he needed was examples of the deed and he may be able to win her over yet, he decided. For now, he headed to town to arrange his good deeds as well as to send knights her way, not listening anymore and clearly hell-bent on sending knights here.

Xavier's breathing had become a little ragged as he shook slightly with fear and anger. If those knights discovered him, he'd also be putting Arissa in danger. he did relax a little after he was gone, however. "Good thinking on your feet there, cousin," he whispered, clearly not having any qualms with her lie. Besides, as far as he knew she may have saved his life again with it. He sighed. "I... suppose we should head inside for now," he said, thinking about what to say with her once he was certain that they weren't in earshot of the Noble or his men any longer.

Arissa headed inside as she shook with anger and fear."this is not good friends we have to pack everything."She says to the fae as they nodded frightened about what would happen when they were found.

"Arissa we can house you in the fae realm there you will be safe with the Lord Xavier."The leader of the fairies say as the rest nod."No my friends the queen would not be happy if i a human entered her pure world.But Xavier will be safe there and that is what matters most."Arissa says as she looked at him with sad eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back