• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Dome

JustCallMeAimee

Shamu the Exasperating ignoramus

The Dome

It's the year 3095, thirty years ago it became apparent the damage we had really caused to earth. For example when you think of a host body getting an virus the body tries to kill the germes. The body heats up to its optimum temperature to do this, however there are two options: the host kills the virus or this virus kills the host. Either way the virus dies. Now in our case the earth is the host and we are the virus it is trying to kill, in an attempt to do it the atmosphere filled with a sour smog that gave people small things like asthma and other lung problems. But then ten years before our current time it got worse, a virus spread through the air. However, it only seemed to take effect when the person died in unrelated circumstances. When the elderly died they came back, when ill patients died they came back, when anyone died they came back. But they weren't the same, they were monsters. The books and films in history museums weren't just to scary you on a Friday night. No they showed the future of a zombie virus. And just like in those films we soon found out that not only was it passed on through the air but through the bite of these monsters.

The UK and US governments worked together and deployed troops to get the remaining humans, our current population is in few thousands compared to the billions is used to be, the humans were put into a quarantine while the dome was built. The dome is a safe place, zombie free with clean fresh air. However we can't stay like that forever, like animals in a pen waiting for the predators to get us. So in current times our new government is funding a scheme to get a sample from outside the dome. To do this safely a small group of eight people are being trained to go outside the dome and get a culture of zombie flesh. The idea is once it's brought back a vaccine can be created to heal the masses and then the outside world will be perged of zombies and since we believe it and the smog are related then the world will be restored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sighing under her breath she stood in the foyay of a building called The Marrium, it was essentially a government building, heavily lent up against the front desk she glanced at the receptionist, "am I early or are they late?" Rin grinned. The receptionist rolled his eyes at her as they both knew she was early. Unlike the rest of the people loitering around the foyay it was obvious she was military and if her conbat boots, silver dog tags or murky brown cargo pants didn't give it away then her attitude did. She was a certain victim of resting bitch face and huffed a short breath everytime a person walked past instead of approaching the desk looking for her, she drummed her nails on the clip board in her hands and constantly checked her watch. When the time read half twelve she counted the minutes to one as that was the scheduled time for them all to begin arriving. This was a drag for the lieutenant as it wasn't her job to show the group around, she was there to train them and be the leader. Not baby sit.

Leaning up off the glossy white counter top Rowan held up the clip board and read over the paper work of the seven other people. Each had been filled in by hand from the participants and then was rewritten on a computer, with extra information added, and filed in a data base. It was unusual for a lieutenant to read over the files but she liked to know everything about those who she'd be working with for the next few months. Suddenly her eyes flickered upwards as someone caught her attention...

@AlliSabi @Sugar Honey Iced Tea
@Kirko @Dxfoe @LilyannaGaming @Jack Flash

'Raven' walked quietly into the building, a grey tank-top form her normal runs she did and black sweatpants and combat boots to finish it off. Her hair was thrown up into a pony tail as it rocked back and forth as she walked. Sticking to the side of the walls, as if the middle would kill her. Shadows. That's how she lived most her life, staying hidden. She hated being in the open. Walking in, she noticed a woman leaning across the counter in the middle. She seemed to be reading something and glanced up as she entered. So she was not the only one early, which of course Raven did not like. She liked to be able to be first one up and going. She was the early person who was serious about being first one up. (Short post, but i have to go. )

Buddy walked up to the building. He stood tall and walked proud, although tired. He must have drank at least five cups of coffee that morning. He tried to give the impression of bigness and fierceness but it was obvious that his body type was ectomorph, though he did have some muscle. His hair was a mess as he had literally woke up ten minutes prior to his arrival. His dark curls were tangled up and he hadn't shaved his face in quiet some time. His clothes were long enough for his body but appeared very baggy and his shoes made a thud when he walked. He pulled his phone out of his oversized jacket to find he had received a message. Dismissing it he put his phone back.

He pushed open the doors and looked around. People walked around, either rushing with stacks of paper in hand or chatting to co-workers.

He walked up to the front desk, oblivious to the red-head stood next to him. There was another woman there who looked like she didn't want to take part in conversation. She probably didn't even want to be here, the room was pretty crowded in all honesty, it was hard to breathe and concentrate. Buddy proceeded to talk to the receptionist, "Hi, I'm here for a group thing a signed up for a while ago. I'm part of the group that will be leaving the dome, where can I find the lieutenant?...sorry, I'm Moretti. More specifically Buddy Moretti." The receptionist nodded and must have signed him in before glancing at the chick who, quite frankly, appeared very intimidating. Buddy was sure that if she wanted to she could take him down in an instant so formality was key. Buddy looked to the side and looked into the red haired woman's eyes before turning his whole body. He held up his hand waiting for her to shake it and said "Hello, I'm Moretti. You are?"

AlliSabi said:
Buddy walked up to the building. He stood tall and walked proud, although tired. He must have drank at least five cups of coffee that morning. He tried to give the impression of bigness and fierceness but it was obvious that his frame was thin, though he did have some muscle. His hair was a mess as he had literally woke up ten minutes prior to his arrival. His dark curls were tangled up and he hadn't shaved his face in quiet some time. His clothes were long enough for his body but appeared very baggy and his shoes made a thud when he walked. He pulled his phone out of his oversized jacket to find he had received a message. Dismissing it he put his phone back.
He pushed open the doors and looked around. People walked around, either rushing with stacks of paper in hand or chatting to co-workers.

He walked up to the front desk, oblivious to the red-head stood next to him. There was another woman there who looked like she didn't want to take part in conversation. She probably didn't even want to be here, the room was pretty crowded in all honesty, it was hard to breathe and concentrate. Buddy proceeded to talk to the receptionist, "Hi, I'm here for a group thing a signed up for a while ago. I'm part of the group that will be leaving the dome, where can I find the lieutenant?...sorry, I'm Moretti. More specifically Buddy Moretti." The receptionist nodded and must have signed him in before glancing at the chick who, quite frankly, appeared very intimidating. Buddy was sure that if she wanted to she could take him down in an instant so formality was key. Buddy looked to the side and looked into the red haired woman's eyes before turning his whole body. He held up his hand waiting for her to shake it and said "Hello, I'm Moretti. You are?"
"The person you're looking for," the freckles red head told him and took his hand shaking it in a possibly painful firm grasp "Lieutenant Rown Cole." She glanced him up and down before dropping his hand and looking back down at the paper work she quickly scanned over it, "it seemed to be you're the first one here Mr Moretti. As you know your bags have already been collected a few days prior to this day to reduce loss of time. Once everyone arrives I will show the whole group to the section of the building we will be occupying and there you will find your bags on your assigned bed." She glanced back down at her watch and sighed, before looking in the direction of a girl who seemed to be lurking at the sidelines. "She must be part of the group," Rin stated before raising a hand to wave her over in a bored half assed way.

JustCallMeAimee said:
"The person you're looking for," the freckles red head told him and took his hand shaking it in a possibly painful firm grasp "Lieutenant Rown Cole." She glanced him up and down before dropping his hand and looking back down at the paper work she quickly scanned over it, "it seemed to be you're the first one here Mr Moretti. As you know your bags have already been collected a few days prior to this day to reduce loss of time. Once everyone arrives I will show the whole group to the section of the building we will be occupying and there you will find your bags on your assigned bed." She glanced back down at her watch and sighed, before looking in the direction of a girl who seemed to be lurking at the sidelines. "She must be part of the group," Rin stated before raising a hand to wave her over in a bored half assed way.

Buddy felt like the woman was talking at him rather than with him. She's definitely the lieutenant he thought. "Erm, question! What do I refer to you as? Do you prefer Cole? Or Miss Cole? Or Mrs if you're married... Also, room arrangements? Will I be in a dorm with other men or is it mix? I would feel terribly rude being in the same room as a changing woman. Just wondering," He asked, worried about the reply he would get. Once again he could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket. Wanting to pull it out he made an effort to ignore it and wait for the lieutenant to respond.

tumblr_o2wv3yvBFl1uaoteuo1_500.gif

Alice Carter

Alice looked up at the Marrium in awe, she couldn't believe it was time to begin her training. She seemed to have been in a trace before she got here, well a figurative one. She'd woken up, showered, got dressed, did her hair, and ate breakfast just like every morning without even thinking. It was like she was on autopilot until her sister had dropped her off in front of the Marrium building. Her long wavy black hair was in a loose bun, some of the strands of hair had fallen out near her face but she didn't mind. Alice wore a dark green tank top and long black yoga pants that she had tucked into her combat boots. With one last moment to ready herself she pushed through the door. As she entered the building she walked toward the white counter which seemed like the most logical way to go. As she approached she noticed both the red headed woman and the blonde man. The woman seemed to obviously be a member of the team but the man she wasn't sure. Either way she approached the woman behind the desk. "Hello, I'm Alice Carter. I'm here for the team to leave the dome."

AlliSabi said:
Buddy felt like the woman was talking at him rather than with him. She's definitely the lieutenant he thought. "Erm, question! What do I refer to you as? Do you prefer Cole? Or Miss Cole? Or Mrs if you're married... Also, room arrangements? Will I be in a dorm with other men or is it mix? I would feel terribly rude being in the same room as a changing woman. Just wondering," He asked, worried about the reply he would get. Once again he could feel his phone buzzing in his pocket. Wanting to pull it out he made an effort to ignore it and wait for the lieutenant to respond.
Dxfoe said:

Alice Carter

Alice looked up at the Marrium in awe, she couldn't believe it was time to begin her training. She seemed to have been in a trace before she got here, well a figurative one. She'd woken up, showered, got dressed, did her hair, and ate breakfast just like every morning without even thinking. It was like she was on autopilot until her sister had dropped her off in front of the Marrium building. Her long wavy black hair was in a loose bun, some of the strands of hair had fallen out near her face but she didn't mind. Alice wore a dark green tank top and long black yoga pants that she had tucked into her combat boots. With one last moment to ready herself she pushed through the door. As she entered the building she walked toward the white counter which seemed like the most logical way to go. As she approached she noticed both the red headed woman and the blonde man. The woman seemed to obviously be a member of the team but the man she wasn't sure. Either way she approached the woman behind the desk. "Hello, I'm Alice Carter. I'm here for the team to leave the dome."

"Lieutenant or Cole," she answered, Miss or Mrs always reminded her of her mother a think she didn't really enjoy, "dorms are mixed, we're going to be living together outside the dome we have to learn how to do that before we get out there. However the bathroom are segregated." She shrugged, "it's unlikely you'll see anything away, the beds have curtains and people can choose to change behind those of they wish."

She glanced at the new arrival and tilted her head slightly before glancing down at the clip board, "ah yes, you're the sniper. Alice, meet Mr Moretti my second in command who I my self only just got to meet." There was a pause in speech as she watched them exchange greetings before she continued to speak, "I am Lieutenant Rowan Cole. Call me Lieutenant or Cole." Rin offered the other woman her hand in exchange of greeting.

JustCallMeAimee said:

"Lieutenant or Cole," she answered, Miss or Mrs always reminded her of her mother a think she didn't really enjoy, "dorms are mixed, we're going to be living together outside the dome we have to learn how to do that before we get out there. However the bathroom are segregated." She shrugged, "it's unlikely you'll see anything away, the beds have curtains and people can choose to change behind those of they wish."

She glanced at the new arrival and tilted her head slightly before glancing down at the clip board, "ah yes, you're the sniper. Alice, meet Mr Moretti my second in command who I my self only just got to meet." There was a pause in speech as she watched them exchange greetings before she continued to speak, "I am Lieutenant Rowan Cole. Call me Lieutenant or Cole." Rin offered the other woman her hand in exchange of greeting.

"Oh, I see," Buddy said reassured before turning to Alice.

Dxfoe said:

Alice Carter

Buddy looked at Alice. She seemed more prepared than he was, appearance wise anyway. He waited for Cole to stop talking before introducing himself. "Hi, You're Alice. You know me as Mr Moretti but you can call me Buddy, or any other name you see fit. I hope we'll get along, I mean, we have too, heck we're sharing a bedroom," He laughed nervously hoping to make a good impression. He didn't do too well in front of girls as he never really grew up surrounded by any. He left his hand up for her to grab and shake.

I realize I was looking at the wrong form for Buddy so I was saying blonde xD rip

tumblr_static_banldzqgtbcog0coock0s480o.gif

Alice Carter

Alice smiled, shaking the Lieutenant's hand before shaking Buddy's hand as well. She laughed along with Buddy briefly at the joke, "Its nice to meet you both." She attempted to make a good impression though she figured it wouldn't matter in the long run, first impressions probably wouldn't matter when they're living together outside the dome. She didn't know if she was lucky or not to have just happened to meet the two in command five minutes after entering the building. "Are we waiting for everybody else to get here?" She asked unsure, it seemed like it was just those three there but on the edge of the room it seemed the stealth girl might be there as well, though she couldn't tell for sure.

@Dxfoe

(It's okay. (> :D ))

"It's definitely a pleasure to meet you too, Alice," Buddy said. There was the buzz again.

Buddy looked around, "It seems like it's just us here, although there's another girl around... I think she might be one of us but she hasn't come close yet. I can't wait to see our housing. I can't wait to leave the dome in all honesty, I'm done being trapped in these walls," Buddy said before stopping to finally check his phone...

Theo
them
I wish you would have listened to me. Mamma and Papa wouldn't be proud of you doing this. And neither am I. But I understand if you feel you need to do this. When I said you should never come back home I was only upset. If you ever come back from the outside you must meet me. I don't know if you'll have your phone or if it will be taken away from you so I'm going to say something I've never said before... Take care and I love you kiddo. See you soon Buddy. I'm gonna miss you.

"So Alice, tell me, what's your reasoning for being part of this team?" Buddy said genuinely curious putting his phone away.

tumblr_nrhqzg6ZiF1qad61qo4_r3_250.gif

Alice Carter

She smiled at his enthusiasm, though when he asked her why she'd signed up she didn't know exactly what to say. There were a million factors that contributed to the decision but she was sure it was the same for everyone. "I've always had a craving for adventure and the dome isn't the best place to get that. So when I heard about the team I was interested but it was really my brother and sister who encouraged me to sign up." She tried to sum it up, and did successfully without explaining her entire childhood. "Life inside the dome just has never really satisfied me. I figured if I can contribute my skill to help than I will." She realized she'd said a lot so she shut up, not wanting to ramble on before turning to him. "What about you, whats your rush to get out of the dome?"

@AlliSabi

@Dxfoe

"You're brother and sister? Were they trying to get rid of you or were they putting your talents to use? What's your role, if you don't mind me asking?" Buddy said before he began to talk about his own reasons for leaving the dome.

"I don't have much family left. Just my brother to be exact. My parents died from the virus so they're out there somewhere, walking around dead. I could have stayed with my brother but money got tight and it seemed like all we were doing was arguing these days. I have no life in here, no friends, nothing. I thought if I joined up for this I could at least live a little. And if I die at least I'll die an epic way rather than from hyperthermia from living in a van that no longer works," He chuckled.

tumblr_nrhqzg6ZiF1qad61qo4_r3_250.gif

Alice Carter

Alice chuckled at his comment about it being her brother and sister who pushed her. "I think they just knew I was the only one holding myself back." She knew what she said was true. After injuring her neighbor Alice always second guessed herself when making big decisions, no matter what they were. "I don't mind you asking my role, I'm the sniper." She informed him, apparently the Lieutenant was the only one who knew about the others. "You're second in command right?" She asked confirming, she thought she'd heard Cole say it earlier but she wasn't sure.

@AlliSabi

@Dxfoe

"Well I'm glad you decided to come along in the end," He said with a smile, "And no more holding back anymore, you obviously have talent, otherwise you wouldn't be here. And if you want I can be your source of encouragement, if you ever need it," He said hoping she would take up the offer. Buddy was happy to have met Alice and felt that they had the beginnings of a great friendship forming. Hopefully making friends now rather than enemies will make it easier on the battlefield he thought to himself. "And yes, I am the second in command, that is correct. I, erm, this is going to sound dodgy but I know a guy who works here and a couple o' years ago I helped him out when he was in a bit of a sticky situation. He found out I was interested in leaving the dome and landed me the role after putting in a good word for me. Don't worry, I haven't killed anyone... not yet anyway... hehe..."

tumblr_nmv1wv1ymh1u95rtno1_500.gif

Alice Carter

Alice smiled, "Do you know anything about any of the other members?" She asked. She figured that he at least might know a little bit. Alice herself had absolutely zero knowledge of the others. All she knew was that besides the commands there was a medic, a brawler, a stealth, a weapons expert, and a demolitions expert. Well of course that's besides her, the sniper. She had no idea what to expect from the outside, though she did know it would be rough, mangy, and there'd probably be a lot of fighting. Honestly she wasn't exactly looking forward to all the death, but she was still excited to leave the damn dome that she'd been stuck in for most of her life.

@AlliSabi

Buddy thought for a while... What did he know about the others? What did his friend tell him? "Hm, that's a good question... I know that the majority of the team is male, so I don't know how much fun that's going to be for you. In all honesty I have no idea myself apart from names. I can tell you the names if you like? There's me, Buddy, you already knew that though. Hehe. You, the lieutenant, Samuel, Midnia, Joseph, Harley and Aspen... But that all I know so far."

Buddy turned to Cole, "What can you tell us about the others in the group, if you would care to share some details?"

@Dxfoe @JustCallMeAimee

Joseph inhaled sharply as he approached the government building. He was arriving right on time and figured some of the members would already be there. The building looked grand enough. I wonder who else would even agree to this, he thought to himself as he paused at the door. This was his least favorite part. He had mostly grown accustomed to the stares he would recieve. As much as he tried to ignore them, the piercing and accusatory looks still bothered him. As if his face was an inconvenience to anyone cursed to lay eyes upon it.

Oh well, there's nothing to be done about it. Now, it's time for me to stop sulking out here and actually go meet people.

Joseph quietly opened the doors to the building and stepped inside. His focus immediately switched to the three people crowed around the receptionist's desk. There were two woman and one man all chatting by the desk. One of the women looked dressed for combat. She seemed like the serious leader-type. The other one was sporting casual atire, and looked more adventurous. The man looked like a complete slob with baggy clothing, stubble, and messy hair. Joseph himself was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. He began to take reluctant steps towards the group when something else caught his eye. A girl stood in the shadows of the building, also looking at the group in the middle, but not stepping forward just yet. \

Maybe I'm not the only one here who doesn't like meet and greets. He felt a bit reassured by this as he walked over toward the group.

"Hey guys, I'm Joseph, the demolitions expert. I'm gonna assume the three of you are also part of the group leaving the building. Nice to meet you," he greeted the group, with as much confidence as he could muster.

Buddy stared at the man that had just arrived. At first he didn't understand what was wrong with him but soon accepted the fact that this man look this way and did not question, and looks aren't important anyway. For all Buddy knew this guy could because really nice. Buddy quickly remembered that he wasn't raised to judge based on looks but to give everyone a chance, so that's what he did. Buddy willingly help up his hand to the man waiting for him to take it, just like he had done with the others, and began his introduction, "Hi, I'm Buddy Moretti, It's nice to meet you too, Joseph. We've been here a while and are just waiting for a couple more to arrive. Take the time to get to know us if you want."

@Jack Flash

tumblr_miht2lDqr91qhiah7o6_250.gif

Alice Carter

Alice looked at Joseph wondering what happened to scar him like he was, it only lasted a moment as she remembered that they all had their pasts, and she shouldn't be judging him before meeting him. "It's nice to meet you" She smiled, "I'm Alice the sniper" She could tell that Buddy had the same immediate reaction as her but they'd both been able to look past Josephs appearance, well at least that's what she thought. "Why'd you join the team?" She asked, continuing the conversation that her and Buddy had been having, "If you don't mind my asking"

@AlliSabi @Jack Flash

Upon hearing her name, totally not listening to the whole conversation. She smiled a little and shrugged, walking over to the group with her normal quiet, yet confident stride. "Midnia, the Stealth of our team. Just, call me Raven if you can't pronounce it. It happens a lot believe it or not. " She said sighing and fidgeting. "When well we be able to be sorted into rooms?" She asked quietly, already pulling back into herself. She did not like crowds or wasting her 'time' by talking. Yet, she had nothing to do most days any way. She glanced at the woman who was the sniper, then her gaze went to the second in command. @AlliSabi @Dxfoe

Buddy looked at the girl that had just introduced herself to the group. So she was part of the team after all. "Erm, if you're looking at me for an answer for the room situation then I have no clue... The lieutenant has not said anything. I think I may have annoyed her. I can be like that sometimes," Buddy said before realising he was rambling, "Sorry about that. I'm Buddy Moretti. You've been here for a while haven't you? Why didn't you introduce yourself before?" @LilyannaGaming

This really wasn't her kind if field. Meeting people yes but exchanging in conversation not so much. Rin again took note of her papers and then glanced up at the new arrival and tilted her head slightly observing him like she did the rest. "You're the demolitions expert," she pointed out and folded her arms across her chest, "I'm Lieutenant Rowan Cole." She said looking at him for a long moment before again looking back at her paper work and mumbling, "I'm the leader." And then her eyes flickered back up towards the girl who seemed very quiet, "soon...I believe we're still missin a few people however." She paused and looked at the second in command, "you've done nothing wrong, I was distracted by paper work."

@AlliSabi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back