• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Different Ones (Open)

'This'll be alot more difficult than I thought... Oh well. Maybe I'll just stick to sniping.' Anjou didn't completely fall over, mainly just a quick stumble. Deciding whether to stay or not was another thing, but considering she hadn't harmed the Dogcatcher, she couldn't be retained for any misdemeanors. At this point, she would just head off to the hub of the town, seeming it'd likely be where some other Differents were located. 'I need some teammates and proper setting to get some of these plans done... None of which I have at the moment.' Anjou had taken a 20 minute walk to get to where she needed to go, not bothering to chase the girl at this point. Chasing would only lead to suspicion, and it was decently likely that they would somehow cross paths again. Going to the city would likely be the best spot for any type of covert operation, considering during nighttime it's a bit harder to see a person getting hit by an XREP. During rain, she'd likely need to use different methods. Of course, if she could just capture dead specimens it'd be easier, but apparently the boss wanted them alive.

Standing around at this point, all that was left was to wait.

Ray followed what Wynter was doing. She pulled her iPod out that she had neglected, and put in one earphone. Her music was playing in her ears, and she danced as she cleaned, quietly. She pulled off her hoodie, keeping her wings flat to her back, as she collected up the huge mess. This man was kind of disgusting. She tried a small pirouette, but with her wings furled, she lost balance. Her hands fumbled and the bottle she was holding fell from her grasp. She panicked, and her wings unfurled as she dived for it. Luckily, the bottle landed on her wing, smashing, but the sound was slightly muffled. She winced, but her wing wasn't too damaged. She collected up the glass and refurled her wings. She checked to see that the man was asleep.

@JayKuro

Last edited by a moderator:
"Are you okay?" He asked as he started walking over to her stopping when he felt something sharp in his foot. 'Can't you at least not break the bottles Ugiene.' He thought carefully removing it from his foot wincing a little. He put the piece of glass in a bottle and threw them away. He walked back over to Ray "is your wing okay?" He said as he kept glancing back and forth glad Ugiene was still sound asleep, it'd be a lot of trouble if he woke up before mom came home.

@SassyAndroidSera

Ray nodded. Her wing was fine, and the man was still asleep, which she could tell was a good thing from Wynters reaction. He didn't look very nice... The bottles, the cigarettes, Wynters dislike or perhaps even fear of him... This wasn't a nice person they were dealing with. She saw him wince as he stepped on something. He must have stepped on a bit of glass. Ray whispered apologies, quietly. At that point the man muttered something and let out a huge snore making her jump, dropping the piece of glass she was holding. It only made a tiny clink, but she needed to be prepared, or they'd have a real mess...

@JayKuro

Wynter glanced back at Ugiene before he saw him move a bit mean I g he was going to wake up. He grabbed Ray's hand and ran into another room locking the door behind them just before his dad screamed curses throwing things around. "I think we'll have to stay in here until mom gets back, or he calms down." He said leaning against the door making as little noise as possible.

@SassyAndroidSera

Ray felt Wynter drag her into another room and lock the door. She looked at him quizzically, about to ask him why, why she heard the man get up. He was throwing things and cursing... It wasn't nice. Ray went white- and not in the usual way. Her entire body turned black and white, like a video from when cameras didn't have colour. She looked at Wynter in schock. He lived with this man?

@JayKuro

Wynter kept his body weight on the door and although he knew it probably wouldn't do much he could still try. Everything went silent for a moment before there was loud banging on the door, he looked back towards Ray who had turned black and white. He motioned for her to walk away from the door and towards another near the back of the room as the banging got louder and Ugiene started cursing and yelling again.

@SassyAndroidSera

She looks back at Thomas, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Genesis. And my cat is Cara." She opens the door wide, holding it for Thomas. "Thank you for helping me with my bags. I appreciate it," Genesis says, stroking Cara's tiny head. The receptionist, or whatever you call them, returns to her post and smiles sweetly at Genesis and Thomas, "How may I help you?" Genesis returns her smile and says, "I was just wondering if there were any units available. I'm looking in to living here." The conversation continues over the next few minutes as they talk about which places are available and how much she's willing to pay per month and such. "Okay, thank you. I have what I want in mind. I guess I'll come back when I have someone to help me with the money situation," she says. "Great! I guess I'll be seeing you," the lady says her goodbyes and such and Genesis and thomas walk out of the building. "Oh, hey um...I was just wondering if maybe I could stay with you while I wait to move in to my apartment?" she blushes a little bit out of embarassment, "I'm sorry, I just don't have anywhere else to stay besides maybe the motel. But I've never liked motels or hotels, so I was just wondering. You don't have to, obviously, but I'd really appreciate it."

@MitoIsMe

Her question threw Thomas off. 'I don't necessarily mind. But it might be awkward having a girl in the apartment.' "Yeah, sure. I don't go into my house that much anyway. So, feel free to make yourself at home." He said in a calm voice. 'It'd be rude to leave them out to hotels. The ones here are bad, but they aren't good.' He walked to the main complex and up the stairs they went. "It's apartment 405." He said and unlocked the door. "Sorry if it's a bit dusty, I really don't spend much time here." They entered his apartment and Thomas handed her the spare key. "My bedroom is the one on the left. Ask me if you want anything." 'Maybe letting a random girl into my apartment is dangerous. Yeah, could be dangerous. But eh I have my back up if I need it.'

@BabyDoll

Kenny motioned for the two girls to follow out of the park. The poison he injected into the man should take efect very soon and he wouldnt remember majority of the things that happen but they were all getting glances from the on looking crowd. He lead them out the park into a crowded city area trying to blend in quickly. One they got far enough he turned around. "I know you mossst likely didnt need my help but i was bored and though it would be fun to interevene."

@SuperUnicorn @Crimrose

@xXTheDivinePlayerXx

((Well this is awkward. We always end up posting different things xD . I'll just follow I guess...))

Apparently the boy had other plans, suggesting that the two of them were to follow him. Judging from how this could work in her favor, she would follow along, seeing where they would be led to. Worst case scenario, she'll have to use some other methods.

"It's fine, he kinda seemed like a douche anyway. Well, supposing nobody recognizes you, you'll be fine. Otherwise there's witnesses, and it won't take long before someone gets you." Considering that she couldn't really trust the two with her real name, she quickly thought of a fake one. "Allow me to introduce myself. Most people call me Laura, because of my resemblance to another person that's apparently known in some odd community. To be honest, my actual name is too embarrassing, so I'm just going to go with Laura. You are...?" Anjou brushed off her uniform and realigned her eyepatch, moving her hands behind her back afterwards in a similar fashion to an 'At-Ease' stance. She was looking at the boy in particular, who had gathered a bit more interest than the girl for the moment.

The boy led them to a more crowded area of town. Which was good considering her position. Gina couldn't really pay attention to what he was saying she was too worried about Seven.

"Thanks a bunch for helping me but I need to find my dog," she turned her attention back to the two. She really wanted to stay and meet some of the locals of this town but she really needed to find her dog. She was his alfa. He couldn't survive here without her.

Ray noticed another door as the noises got louder. She focused on turning back to normal, and succeeded, except for her hair which stayed white and silver. She could sort that out later. She tiptoed toward the door, and tried the handle. It squeaked, too loudly for her liking, but the door swung open. She flinched as the cursing was at the other door and went through the door. She waited for Wynter to show her what to do now.

@JayKuro

Wynter opened the door a bit keeping his foot behind it. "Hey dad, why don't you calm down a bit. Mom should be home in a little while and she'll make dinner." He said not showing his face behind the door. There was a pause in all the shouting before it continued again. He slammed the door shut and ran after Ray closing the door behind him. It was a closet but there were many things inside besides coats and jackets. "We have to hide in here until dad calms down or mom gets home."

@SassyAndroidSera

Genesis sighs in relief, "Thank you so much. I'm really sorry about this, and on such short notice as well." She takes the key, grateful, and walks in. "Oh yeah! Is it okay if Cara is with me?" she looks back at Thomas and gestures, with her head, to Cara, whom was still fast asleep in her arms. As carefully as possible, she sets down the bag she was holding, so she wouldn't wake Cara.

@MitoIsMe

Ray nodded, trying not to make noise. That man was terrifying. The closet wasn't the nicest, but better in here than out there with Wynters father. "So what now?" She didn't know how long they would be here...

@JayKuro

"You don't have to apologize, this apartment was getting lonely, anyway. Of course Clara can stay, it'd be weird only letting you in, without your cat. Are you hungry or anything?" He asked with a polite smile. "I'll be back." He walked to the door and waved a quick goodbye then left the apartment, closing the door behind him. He walked out of the building and made his way to the coffee shop.

@BabyDoll

"Well I do have a few games that I stashed here you can play them if you want." He said moving around a bit before grabbing a flashlight and turning it on. He showed here a few games including uno, sorry , and old maid. "Which one do you want to play?"

@SassyAndroidSera

Kenny looked at the two he wasn't too sure he was keen on giving them his name or any information at all especially the one with the eye patch. "Im..Ken, and dont worry im good at finding wayss out." He looked around for a bit make sure no one was trying to be a hero and followed them for whatever odd reason. He turned back to the girl with black hair who seemed to be in distress for her dog. "I guess after thingsss die down you can go look for him, or he might just find you." Kenny wasnt planning on going back any time soon but he did want to spend some time with these two they seemed fun. Better then playing games at the park.

(Once again sorry @Crimrose i was using my phone and well its a little difficult but it should be smooth sailing from now on)

@SuperUnicorn

((It's fine. @xXTheDivinePlayerXx ))

Anjou heard that the girl wanted to go find her dog, and it was understandable why. It wasn't like Anjou had any good times to try capture anyway, as nighttime was the best time for such things. Considering how the boy next to her was dragging out his S, he was either a snake fanatic, has chuunibyou or a Different. If he was a Different, it'd be best to attempt gaining trust, considering nighttime capture isn't easy with some types. She could possibly lead him to the base at that point, or any place in general if they became 'Friends'.

"Well, I guess you should go after your dog then, before another catcher gets 'em. Nice to meet you Ken. Ah, fancy yourself an escape artist? That has to be nice. Hey, do you like snakes? I like the Atheris Hispida."

Gina bid farewell to the two. Once she was out of their sight she began to sniff the air again trying to pick up her dogs scent. It was kind of hard in a crowded with so many scents passing by. After concentrating she picked up the scent and tried to walk normally, to not draw attention to herself again. She finally found Seven back at the store where she'd told him to stay. He trotted up to her casually as if nothing had happened. "What am I going to do with you,"she laughed scratching behind his ears. She realized it was starting to get later and later in the day and they had no where to sleep and no money.

"Time to go to work," she told Seven and began to walk back toward the city. The dog followed obediently.

Games? Like... Board or Card Games? She had never really played board games, her family had never had time for that. She bit her lip."I... Don't know these." She confessed. Maybe she would learn a new one today.

@JayKuro

"That's okay would you like me to teach you?" He said setting the flashlight up so the light faced the ceiling. He found another and place it on the opposite side giving them a lot more light. He picked up a few Uno cards and began shuffling them making himself comfortable. He thought about how he would explain the rules to her, if she even wanted to play that is. 'I'll probably just read it off the instructions.'

@SassyAndroidSera

Kenny was a little shocked by the question until he remembered his slight his that he does. He cursed in his head but didnt let it show on his face."Escape artist that has a nice ring to it maybe i am. On the other hand yes i am very fond of s.." He stopped as he was going to stretch out his S again. "..snakes. Why so curious?"

@Crimrose

"You just seemed to drag out your S, so I assumed you were an enthusiast." Anjou would likely catch onto him eventually, even though she had a gut feeling he had to be a different. Just from how he corrected himself and asked why she was curious was a sign alone.

(Writers block, sorry.)

@xXTheDivinePlayerXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back