• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ The Devil's Marauders ~

The Lonely Astronaut

2n84tag.jpg

WARNING: This roleplay will contain strong language, violence, potential minor sexual content (within the rules of Roleplaynation), alcohol/drugs and other adult themes.
If you’re easily offended by any of the above, please don’t join or follow this roleplay. Thanks in advance!
Disclaimer: Big shoutout to Suna Sauro for helping me create this roleplay. We worked together on this in order to make this as good as it possible could. So once again, huge shoutout to Suna Sauro!

“I was told to spend a lifetime in prison, or join the military. Could you imagine the U.S Military being so short on men that they gave us criminals a choice in the court? To me, that seemed like one of those “get out of jail” cards that you could get in Monopoly. That wasn’t the case here. When I took the offer to join the military I thought I got the same options like any other man fighting the war. Couldn’t have been more wrong.
By the end of 1942, we were 20,000 criminals in the Army. We even got our own Division, the 107th Infantry Division, nicknamed “The Devil’s Marauders”. I’m part of Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment of the 107th Infantry Division.
It’s been one year since we completed our training, and it was hell. We were not treated equally, just because of our criminal background. We were shown absolutely no respect and all of the sudden, jail didn’t seem like such a bad place to be.
Today we’re shipping out to England where we’ll prepare for the largest action in the history of warfare, Operation Overlord.”

You’ll be roleplaying as a soldier in the 107th Infantry Division, (specifically Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment). You’re a former convict who chose war over prison, a choice you were given in court.
You might think that people do not care about your background on the battlefield, that we’re all brothers out there, but you could not be more wrong. You’re a criminal, the other units wants as little as possible to do with the 107th. You’re the firsts ones in, and the last ones out. They will not go easy on you.

The roleplay will start on May 30th, 1944, when we arrive in England seven days before our first operation, the invasion of Europe.

---------------
Out of Character Chat
Rules
Character Sheet

Last edited:
~ Sergeant Landau ~
John had walked up on deck to have a last smoke before arriving in England. He lit himself a Marlboro cigarette as he watched the mainland get closer and closer. The wind was blowing in his face and the smell of the ocean lurked it’s way up to his nose. It was a very relaxing moment for him. He closed his eyes and imagined he was on a cruise ship with his girl Emily. For a second he could almost feel her hand in his, hear her voice whispering in his ears and smell her wonderful scent.
The daydreaming was quickly interrupted by a hand on his shoulder, it was the Military Police. Their job was to keep track of all the convicts, basically make sure that no one tries to do anything stupid. He told John to put out his cigarette, it was time for them to do a body search of each and every soldier.
He followed the the man downstairs and got in line with the rest of the soldiers. Further ahead he saw a boy get beaten up by an MP, the kid wasn't even old enough to buy alcohol for God's sake! John wanted to step up for the guy and confront them, but he knew he'd have to pay a much higher price if he did. His blood was almost boiling from watching the assault, there was probably not even a legit reason for the beating.
After thirty minutes it was John's time to get body searched. He knew he had nothing on him that could get him in to trouble, still he was nervous. He had luck this time, they let him go and gave him his military equipment which of course had been searched as well.
As soon as they were off the ship, there was a train waiting for them. They had a one hour ride to Upottery before they were at the right place. He lit another cigarette and began looking for his squad. They should be outside anytime now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back