• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Devil's Marauders - Out of Character Chat

Been a while since I've done an RP like this! I think my character will be a former member of the mob who would make sure a crew would get away after a heist, or lead them to stashes in the woods.

Me too! Can't wait to get it started! That sounds like an interesting character! Since I will have two characters, I think I'll make them quite opposites of each other. =)

Great! I actually already have his background. He's of German and Irish descent. His family was harassed during the Prohibition for being German and fit being alcohol manufacturers. The mob then hired them to make booze, but refused to let them become made since they weren't Italian. After the Prohibition ended, the mob wanted to get rid of his family, so they had the patriarch of the family killed, and set up a heist so that my character would be arrested. He's pretty used to being discriminated against.

Thanks! I did some research, and found out that Germans were discriminated against during WWI and the Prohibition. Thought it was really interesting!

Heyo my dudes, i'm probably just gonna copy & paste my old character from the original.. with a couple of changes to spice things up a bit xD

Name: Luigi Barbaro
Nickname: 'Barb' or 'Uncle'.
Preferred Name: 'Barb', 'Sarge', 'Uncle' or whatever people decide to call him.
Ethnicity: Caucasian, Italian-American
Date of Birth: September 22, 1906
Place of Birth: Brooklyn - New York City
Spot: Assistant Squad Leader

Bio: A true family man, Luigi grew up in a close-nit but rather poor Italian community. As the elder brother, he looked out for Luca at school and in the streets; earning the reputation as a bully-bane amongst the other boys. His parents owned a small but honest bakery within their community, Luigi loved working there with his mother in the backroom. Everyday before and after school, he would be elbows deep in dough; kneading and folding to get the required consistency. Growing up, he pursued for a good education and focused on his studies as well as doing rather well at sports. At College, Luigi joined the baseball team and did quite well considering he wasn't always around due to his family commitment. He met Anna, a Swiss - American on his twenty third birthday party and the two got married only two years later. Five years later and Luigi, his wife and his brother took over the family bakery due to his parent's poor health. One day, Luigi heard a woman scream down the side of a alleyway outside of the Bakery. He dropped his things and rushed out and turned to see two older men groping a teenage woman. Infuriated, Luigi stepped forth and battered the two cretins to what could only be defined as 'Mush'. With skulls shattered and blood pouring from their ears, Luigi stayed as the police arrived; explaining his story but the woman in question was no-where to be seen. With little evidence to prove what truely happened, he was arrested for two counts of murder but was later dropped down to manslaughter once enough witnesses came forward stating that the woman was seen fleeing whilst Luigi focused on fighting.

Personality: Luigi is a natural leader, faking confidence when it's really needed. Otherwise he's a simple, calm, collected man who is loyal and trusting to those around him. Whilst he won't go out of his way to solve someone-else's problems, Luigi is always open to those that put the effort into being productive to the group. He often wears netting and a crown of barbed wire on his helmet to obscure the shape, earning him the nickname 'Barb'.

Why You Went To Jail:
  • 2 counts of Manslaughter
Why You Chose War: "It was either enlisting or spending several thousand moons in a place where only the worst belong. I am better than that, I ain't no kiddie fiddler or serial rapist.. If it means being sent to Europe or Asia where i'm paid to kill people, the better... That way, cretins behind bars might get some sleep, knowing i'm far, far away... for now."

Likes: Honesty + Bird watching + Baking + Running + Being useful
Dislikes: Hot weather + Rash decisions + Incompetence
Fears: Drowning + Capture

Family:
  • Anna Weissman - Wife, 34
  • Luca - Brother, 37
  • Rosy - Mother, 65
  • Carmine - Father, 68
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185 lbs
Appearance:

Luigi Barbaro.jpg

Quote: 'Chi lavora mangia' - "Those who work, eat."

hahaha, prepare to have two Italians to despise ^_^.. I plan to make my scout character, Luigi's nephew xD

Ah. should prove to be interesting. I'd say Luigi and Mikey are good folk but ey.. they're Italian.. they'll probably switch sides half-way through the RP.. xD

I kid you not, I listened to that when I made my original character for the first RP.. xD

inspiration comes from the weirdest places sometimes..

The Untouchables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back