• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Devil's Marauders Character Sheet

Main
Here
OOC
Here

The Lonely Astronaut

Name: (First | Last)
Nickname: (Optional)
Preferred Name: (Optional)
Ethnicity: (Any)
Date of Birth: (Make Sure It’s Correct)
Place of Birth: (Must Be In The U.S)
Spot: (The One Reserved)

Bio: (One Paragraph)
Personality: (Optional)
Why You Went To Jail: (Mandatory)
Why You Chose War: (Mandatory)
Dislikes: (Three Things)
Fears: (Two Things)
Family: (Mandatory)

Height: (FT or CM)
Weight: (LB or KG)
Body Description: (Optional)
Appearance: (IMG or GIF)

Quote: (Optional)

Feel free to spice up your CS with some fancy BBCodes! =)

Last edited:
Name: Arthur | Ahlborne
Nickname: Lucky Strikes
Preferred Name: any
Ethnicity: Caucaisan
Date of Birth: Feb 8 1920
Place of Birth: Redding, CA
Spot: Grenadier

Bio: Arthur is essentially the product of a person with no supervision. He has no recollection of his Parents. they dropped him off at one of their grand parents house and then never bothered to tell him who they even were. All Arthur found out is that they were considered the black sheep of the Family and so by default so was he. Luckily, since they didn't really want anything to do with the offspring of their failure of a child. The Grand Parents primarily ignored Arthur. noticing him enough for him to just get by. The only Arthur remembers about his childhood was the day his grand father gave him his Lighter and how he discovered he loved fire. After that, Life became much more fun.
It wasn't until he turned 22 where his life did a complete 180 on him again. working on an oil field. Arthur, got into a fight with a local gang that also worked on the field. Of course he lost the fight. But for pay back. He set the workshop they used on fire after he locked them in. Of course he won't admit it. but he doesn't admit to not doing it either.
Personality: Slightly energetic- cynical- Flirtatious- Devious
Why You Went To Jail: First degree arson and Manslaughter
Why You Chose War: Between life and war, war sounded more entertaining.
Likes: Fire, Lucky Strikes cigarettes, His Grand Fathers Lighter, Reading, whiskey, M2 Flamethrower.
Dislikes: Running, Prison, dead silence.
Fears: Drowning and buried alive
Family: Grand father- Peter Ahlborne, Grand Mother- Sue Ahlborne, Father- Andrew Ahlborne, Mother- Margret Ahlborne, Sister- Amelia Ahlborne

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 168Lbs
Appearance:
CCaedkRVIAA2JjT.jpg

Quote: Got A Light?

Last edited:
Name: Austin Byers
Nickname: Aussie
Preferred name: Austin
Ethnicity: Caucasian
DOB: 1/30/1921
POB: Salt Lake City, Utah
Spot: Automatic Rifleman

Bio: Austin was a young man who made a mistake, to be put simply. Arrested at 19, he was found guilty on all charges and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole. He is rather quiet and weak willed, and chose the military because it "sounded like a good idea at the time." After enlistment, he is proven wrong. He is often targeted for his inability to say no, and is often harassed by officers and Sargents.
Reason for Jail: attempted murder of step-father
Why he chose war: Hated his life in a cell
Dislikes: commanding officer, being pushed around, losing.
Fears: Death, desertion
Family: Jacob Byers (father) Alyssa Byers (mother) Victor "vicky" Byers (12 year old sibling)

weight: 177 lbs
Appearance:
1516852187445.png
Quote: "Enjoy the drink. Might be your last."

Name: Marcellinus Delaney

Nickname: Slugger

Preferred Name: Marco, Marcy

Ethnicity: Caucasian (Jewish/Irish-American)

Date of Birth: December 25, 1918

Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois

Spot: Rifleman

Bio: Marcellinus was one of six children born to an Irish immigrant and Jewish-American woman. Originally he had planned to drop out of school and just take on his father’s trade of butchery as his eldest brother had, but he made the executive decision to continue his education after being offered a scholarship to play baseball at a considerably reputable university, one which he gratefully accepted. After graduating high school, Marcellinus’ future looked bright as he moved on to college, eager to advance his baseball career. The peace didn’t last long, however, and on a particularly unfortunate trip back home to visit his family, he found himself in serious trouble with the law.

Personality: Charismatic, loyal, witty, hot-headed, and self-critical.

Why You Went To Jail: “I was walking home from the sandlot one night whilst visiting my family back in the city. I was just a few blocks away from my family’s place when I hear some commotion in a nearby alleyway. Sounded like someone was in distress, so of course I go and check it out, like any responsible samaritan. Lo and behold, I see my brother, Connor, on the ground, being mugged by a couple’a crooks. I tell ‘em to fuck off, they don’t listen. So, I stroll down there, to tell ‘em again, up close. This time one kicks my brother in the stomach, real hard, while the other swings a fist at my face. All I could see was red; without putting too much thought into it, I raise my bat and knock him real hard in the head. He falls, and I swing at him a couple times. Well, I must’ve hit him a little too hard, because next thing I know there's blood everywhere, the other guy is outta sight, and I can hear the fuzz coming. I grab Connor, tell him to run and not to stop ‘til he’s back home. The coppers show up, I’m in cuffs, and next thing I know I’ve racked up over ten years behind bars. They said it was voluntary manslaughter. All I can say is: you don’t mess with a man’s family.”

Why You Chose War: “Redemption. I wasn’t about to let my Ma watch me rot away in that cell like a criminal. I hope that I can redeem myself out here, or at least have everyone know I died trying. Plus it’d be shame to let my swingin’ arm go to waste; maybe i'll get to whack a couple Heinies before I die.”

Likes: Baseball, sweets, his mother, rain, telling stories.

Dislikes: Doctors, snakes, cold nights.

Fears: Needles and never returning home.

Family:
Conall Delaney, Father, 54

Virginia Delaney, Mother, 49

Silas Delaney, Brother, 30

Georgia Delaney, Sister, 27

Connor Delaney, Brother, 21

Siobhan Delaney, Sister, 18

Everett Delaney, Brother, 16

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 157 lbs

Body Description: Lean, athletic.

Guy-Madison-guy-madison-8236894-396-544.jpg

Quote: “Don't mess with a man's family."

Last edited:
Name: John Landau
Nickname: N/A
Preferred Name: John | Sergeant Landau
Ethnicity: Caucasian | Jewish
Date of Birth: 4th of April, 1916
Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts
Role: Squad Leader

Bio: John comes from a Jewish-American family. He was the first and only child of Joseph and Ethel Landau.
In the summer of 1930 he lost his father in an automobile accident, his mother was paralyzed by that same accident. Ethel only lived for a few months after the accident, leaving John without a family at the age of 14. Fortunately he could move to his aunt in Salem, Massachusetts.
After graduating High School in 1934, he moved out from his aunt and got himself an apartment in Boston. He got a job at a mechanic in Boston, it wasn't much but it was something.
Two years later, old enough to go to the pub he met his current wife in the local grocery store, Louise is her name. She worked behind the cash register and he couldn't keep himself from falling in love.
In 1941, the same year he began his literature studies at Boston University, he and Louise got married. Unfortunately his studies didn't last for long, in late 1942 he got arrested and had to drop out of University.
Only weeks after leaving Boston to go do his Basic Training he found out his wife was pregnant.
Personality:
Determined + Rational + Calm + Honest + Mature + Responsible
Introvert - Stubborn - Strict
Why You Went To Jail: Will be revealed later in the roleplay.
Why You Chose War: "It was an easy choice for me, military service seemed like a quicker way out of here. Either by winning the war, or death."
Dislikes: The Cold - Rain - Know-It-Alls -
Fears: Heights x Snakes
Family:
Father | Joseph Landau | 35 ✝
Mother | Ethel Landau | 33 ✝
Wife | Louise Landau | 27
Daughter | Juliet Landau | 2

Height: 182 cm | 6'0 ft
Weight: 70 kg | 155 lbs

Landau.png

Quote: "Going to war to prevent war, was the most stupid thing I've ever heard."

Last edited:
Name: Eugene Adams
Nickname: "Only ma calls me Eugene, so unless you're my mother, it's Gene."
Preferred Name: Gene
Date of Birth: 16th of February, 1924
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York

Role: Ammunition Bearer

Bio: Eugene comes from a large family of eight people, a nuclear family so to speak. With five sisters in the household, his older brother became his best friend. Both of them has been very close to their father since they were little kids, they did everything together. They would always spend time with him at the garage where he worked as a mechanic. Gene wasn't as close to his sisters or his mother, he didn't love them less for that. Family has always been a number one priority for him, ever since he was a little kid.
Both Gene and his brother were the pranksters of the family, they would always fool around and try to make people laugh.
When he was 16 years old he dropped out of High School to start working at his fathers garage, his mother was not to fond of the idea but it wasn't her choice to make. His brother already worked there, so he figured it might be a fun thing to do.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor in late 1941, his brother enlisted for the Marine Corps to fight the war. This left his mother heartbroken, she tried everything in her power to make him think twice about this decision. When Gene told her that he wanted to go as well, she began crying and crying. His father was a veteran from the Great War, so he knew what it was like, feeling like you had no other choice than to do your part. However, Gene was too young to join the military so he had to wait.
Only months after his brother left Brooklyn, Eugene was arrested for aggravated assault.
Personality:
Humorous + Adventurous + Energetic + Protective + Loyal
Foolish - Impatient - Low Temperament
Why You Went To Jail: "My mother and father were away on a school meeting with Jane and Anne, and Rosie was at some friends place. The only one at home was Judith. I had promised ma to stay home with Judith as Robert was at Boot Camp and Nancy had her own place. Judith didn't know I was coming so I decided to surprise her with some pizza. Once I entered the apartment I could hear someone crying. I ran towards the sound which led to Judith's room. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. She yelled at me to go away with tears in her voice, which wasn't anything like her. I told her to open the door but this time someone else answered me, a cocky boy. "Are you fuckin' deaf? She told you to leave, asshole." That was more than enough to trigger me. I began pushing the door open with my shoulder and after a couple of tries the door slammed open. On the floor was my sister with this punk over her, he had punched her as I could see she had gotten a black-eye and her face was covered in tears. I pulled him away from her and the next thing I remember is police officers dragging me away. My hands were covered in blood and so was his face.
Apparently one of our neighbors had heard suspicious sounds throughout the night, so when I began kickin' his ass, the police was already on their way."
Why You Chose War: "Well, I wanted to join in 41' but I was too young. Here's my chance."
Dislikes: Politics - Boring People - Reading
Fears: The Ocean x Snakes
Family:
Father | Charles Adams | 55
Mother | Carolyn Adams | 52
Sister | Nancy Adams | 26
Brother | Robert Adams | 24
Sister | Rosie Adams | 21
Sister | Judith Adams | 18
Sister | Jane Adams | 14
Sister | Anne Adams | 10

Height: 178 cm | 5'9 ft
Weight: 75 kg | 165 lbs

Adams.png

Name: Dean Evans
Nickname: Evans
Preferred Name: Either just Dean or just Evans
Date of Birth: September 21st 1919
Place of Birth: Buffalo, NY
Spot: Scout Rifleman

Bio: Dean was always more of a thinker rather than impulsive. He was naturally gifted with and tall and athletic build and enjoys physical activity as a result. It quiets the mind just as good as a book can. He was never aggressive or even rough really. He would stand up for his friends and family if they were being harassed but he only ever needed to be intimidating. He never once hurt anyone. One day one of his friends came to him with a job offer. All he had to do was be intimidating looking and he would be paid well, so long as he didn't ask questions. He did this job for a while until he started to piece together what was going on. He was working for the mafia. He said to his friend he wanted out to which he replied "Just one more job" reluctantly Dean agreed. It was a mistake. Days later he was in jail for murder and when the option for redemption came he quickly took it. He wanted to prove to the world that he wasn't the man they thought he was.

Personality: Dean is a quiet and reserved individual. He is more of an intellectual rather than a muscle man. He doesn't like to talk much but that doesn't mean he isn't friendly. This is partly because of his past and partly because he is shy. Doesn't seem like the violent type but will defend those he cares for, and those he is obligated to care for, with his life.
Why You Went To Jail: Charged with murder
Why You Chose War: To Prove his innocence (proving it to whom is the real question)
Likes: Games, close relationships, Reading, running, cold drinks
Dislikes: Dishonesty/going back on one's word, tobacco, blame shifting
Fears: Losing those he cares about, Groups with too much power
Family: Eve Tillman, Fiance, 23 | Bree Evans, Sister, 18 | Benjamin Evans, Father, 48 | Anne Evans, Mother, 43 | Timothy Evans, Brother, 16 | Richard Evans, Brother 12

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 148 lbs
Body Description: Tall and athletic. Not super ripped but not necessarily lanky. Has muscle where it counts.
Appearance:
1517788336422.png

Quote: "I'm not who you think I am, no we won't talk about it. You wouldn't believe it anyway."

Last edited:
Name: Clyde | McGowan
Nickname: "Mickey"
Preferred Name: Clyde
Date of Birth: September 19, 1921
Place of Birth: Versailles, Kentucky
Spot: Grenadier

Bio: Clyde was always a fairly smart kid, and has dabbled in many scholarly subjects. His father Aaron got in on a promising venture when Clyde was younger, and Clyde was raised to be a good heir to the impending family fortune. When he was 16, Clyde and his sister Faye played hookey with a couple local boys and girls, to go on a ride through the beautiful horse country around their hometown of Versailles, Kentucky. They got caught of course, but the main problem was that--unknown to the two McGowans--it was a stolen vehicle! The little bottle of bourbon was not found! The judge was going to let Clyde and Faye off with a stern warning, but Aaron was both furious and worried. He got the judge to issue a "real" warning to Clyde, which meant getting it on his record, and getting punished. He didn't think it'd matter for Clyde's future once the fortune came, he just didn't want his son to miss out. Yet The fortune never came. Aaron McGowan fell into alcoholism and near-suicidal depression. Clyde felt like he had been screwed over by his father--a young man with nothing to show but a record--and drifted away to Lexington. Faye also moved out as soon as possible, and tried to support her older brother, but ultimately to no avail. Clyde inevitably fell in with a few crooks out of Lexington.

Why You Went To Jail: Clyde (and the crew he was with) were arrested in a small Tennessee town, after a botched bank robbery. Clyde had prepared a homemade explosive using his scientific knowledge, and it helped them break in and take the money. However the driver crashed the getaway car just outside of town...the next stop was the inside of a cell. He was imprisoned for about five years, and then a deal was struck that he could join the army. Depending on his survival, if Clyde isn't a problem in the service then he is free to go upon honorable discharge. Otherwise he would not only endure any Army punishment, but he would still have to return home to a resumed sentence.

Why You Chose War: Making it up to his family, especially his father. Also he just wanted to do something, rather than sit in a cell.
- Sketching/drawing: He used to do it when he was younger and then picked it back up in force while imprisoned, to pass time. Sometimes he takes requests.
- tapping/tapping sounds: essentially along the lines of ASMR, as we know it now. Clyde has noticed that tapping sounds have a relaxing and focusing sort of effect on him. He's not sure why, but it can work.
- His sister Faye - not romantically obviously; he just really appreciates that she has more or less been on "his side," and still writes him even though the rest of the family typically doesn't.

Dislikes: Wine, his father (at least somewhat still), cities
Fears: car rides, doing something to get dishonorably discharged
Family:
Aaron McGowan - 48 - Father
Jennifer McGowan - 46 - Mother
Faye McGowan - 23 - Sister
Jeremy McGowan - 19 - Brother

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 lbs
Appearance:

M1_Garand_rifgren-shooting_line.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Martin | Lazarescu
Nickname: Laz
Ethnicity: Caucasian; Romanian-American
Date of Birth: May 5, 1923
Place of Birth: Fresno, California
Spot: Assistant Automatic Rifleman

Bio: Martin Lazarescu, or "Laz," was born to Romanian-American parents in the town of Fresno, California. He started out doing lots of hard manual agricultural labor in the area, but then moved up a bit and became a streetcar driver in downtown Fresno. It wasn't his favorite job--he was hoping to do something more "prestigious" like his older brother. However he became familiar with a certain young lady, who worked at the local bank and rode the streetcar. He thought he was the one who'd struck it rich! Or maybe she became familiar with him, but in any case they got involved with each other. In the recent past he popped the question and she accepted--they were engaged! One day though, Martin caught sight of her ex scolding her, and he even struck her so that she ran off. He didn't like the idea of her mixing with a "lower" man like Laz. When the ex boarded the streetcar and tried to confront Martin, Martin kicked him out, pretty much literally! He threw the abusive ex against the outside of the streetcar and rained down with a couple blows. Some other man hollered for Laz to stop and tried to hold him back; Martin lashed out. Unfortunately for Laz, it was a police officer...and not a very understanding one.

Why You Went To Jail: assault/assaulting a police officer
Why You Chose War: Martin has heard stories about prison.
Dislikes: rain, digging, blondes
Fears: death, a "dear John" letter
Family:
Cristian - deceased - Father
Cecilia - deceased - Mother
Peter - 24 - brother
Maddie - 22 - fiancee

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 155 lbs
Appearance:

john_payne.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Name: Luigi Barbaro
Nickname: 'Barb'
Preferred Name: 'Barb' or 'Serge'
Ethnicity: Caucasian, Italian-American
Date of Birth: September 22, 1914
Place of Birth: New York City - New York
Spot: Assistant Squad Leader

Bio: A true family man, Luigi grew up in a close-nit but rather poor Italian community. As the elder brother, he looked out for Luca at school and in the streets; earning the reputation as a bully-bane amongst the other boys. His parents owned a small but honest bakery within their community, Luigi loved working there with his mother in the backroom. Everyday before and after school, he would be elbows deep in dough; kneading and folding to get the required consistency. Growing up, he pursued for a good education and focused on his studies as well as doing rather well at sports. At College, Luigi joined the baseball team and did quite well considering he wasn't always around due to his family commitment. He met Anna, a Swiss - American on his twenty third birthday party and the two got married only two years later. Five years later and Luigi, his wife and his brother took over the family bakery due to his parent's poor health. One day, Luigi heard a woman scream down the side of a alleyway outside of the Bakery. He dropped his things and rushed out and turned to see two older men groping a teenage woman. Infuriated, Luigi stepped forth and battered the two cretins to what could only be defined as 'Mush'. With skulls shattered and blood pouring from their ears, Luigi stayed as the police arrived; explaining his story but the woman in question was no-where to be seen. With little evidence to prove what truely happened, he was arrested for two counts of murder but was later dropped down to manslaughter once enough witnesses came forward stating that the woman was seen fleeing whilst Luigi focused on fighting.

Personality: Luigi is a natural leader, faking confidence when it's really needed. Otherwise he's a simple, calm, collected man who is loyal and trusting to those around him. Whilst he won't go out of his way to solve someone-else's problems, Luigi is always open to those that put the effort into being productive to the group. He often wears netting and a crown of barbed wire on his helmet to obscure the shape, earning him the nickname 'Barb'.

Why You Went To Jail:

• 2 counts of Manslaughter
Why You Chose War: "It was either enlisting or spending several thousand moons in a place where only the worst belong. I am better than that, I ain't no kiddie fiddler or serial rapist.. If it means being sent to Europe or Asia where i'm paid to kill people, the better... That way, cretins behind bars might get some sleep, knowing i'm far, far away... for now."

Likes: Honesty + Bird watching + Baking + Running + Being useful
Dislikes: Hot weather + Rash decisions + Incompetence
Fears: Drowning + Capture

Family:

• Anna Weissman - Wife, 27
  • Luca - Brother, 19
  • Rosy - Mother, 55
  • Carmine - Father, 58
Weight: 185 lbs
Appearance:
Luigi Barbaro.jpg

Quote: 'Chi lavora mangia' - "Those who work, eat."

Last edited:
Name: Joshua Mickems
Nickname: Twitch
Ethnicity: White, Latin American, Caucasian.

Date of birth: March 27th 1924
Place of birth: Boston Massachusetts
Spot: Rifleman
Reason for jail time: Third degree murder, and multiple Joyrides.

Why he chose war: "I would rather protect my fellow soldiers than have the enemy kill all those kids dressed up like soldiers." Joshua chose war as a means of taking his anger out on the enemy. He also chose war because he really didn't have any other choice.

Personality: Joshua has a sharp and snappy mood the majority of the time. Times when he has a positive attitude are few and far between. He still dwells on what he did and hates himself for it. This doesn't mean that he can be a good friend mind you. In fact he is known for saying, "The enemy doesn't know what the difference between a soldier is and what a child dressed up like a soldier is. I don't want to see children die. Not again."

History: Joshua was a

WIP

Name
Andrew Hutchison

Nickname
N/A

Preferred Name
Andy

Ethnicity
Caucasian

Date of Birth
June 25, 1924

Place of Birth
Tulare, CA

Spot
Rifleman (WWII [1939-1945])

Bio
Born and raised in the large agricultural center of Tulare, Andrew learned about work very early in his life. He worked anywhere the oportunity presented itself from the age of 12 to 16. The reason he stopped working as much at 16 is that he wasn't getting paid as much as he believed he should have been. When Andrew mentioned this to his father, Dale brought him into a small group he had running a car shop. Andrew would help by stealing cars to bring back to the shop where they would be dismantled and shiped south to Bakersfield to be sold. At first his mother didn't know, but when she found out she was furious that her son was breaking the law. Eventually, Susanne was convinced that he would be safe and she relented. While Andrew began his short life of crime, his brother, Kevin, was training with the US Air Force to become a pilot. With Andrew part of his father's business, he was nearly rolling in money compared to what he was doing before. After a while of being careful, usually having some instruction from one of the other group members, Andrew began going out on his own. He was decent, but sloppy enough to be noticed a time or two. On his final attemp at grand theft, Andrew had chosen a particularly special car. A Cadillac Sixty Special owned by some rich farm owner. When he attempted to steal the luxury vehicle, Andrew was met by a trio of police officers who had been waiting for him.

Personality
Andrew is a playful person. He can be serious when he needs to be, usually, but he loves pointless banter at his or anyone else's expense. While being slightly obnoxious and getting on people's nerves is entertaining, Andrew still hates wasting time. He is easily motivated, and hardly ever discouraged. If he isn't sleeping, making jibes at people, or exercising, he can usually be found writing letters or in his journal.

Why You Went To Jail
5 counts of (known) vehicle theft

Why You Chose War
Andrew chose to join the Army over going to prison because, while he may not show it in any positive ways, he loves his country and its people. He would rather do something to help rather than sit in a cell. That and the tanks. Those are interesting.

Cars, adrenaline, gambling, swimming, snow

Dislikes
Murder, flying, pretentious jackasses, gangs, politics

Fears
Burning alive, being left behind/being alone

Family
Father - Dale, 47
Mother - Susanne, 45
Brother - Kevin, 24
Sister - Heather, 17

Height
5'11"

Weight
189 lbs

Body Description
All around average for a soldier. Muscular but not buff, lean but not lanky.

Appearance
images.jpg

"I would never."​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back