• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Death of Count Airien // CLOSED

Delphina

It had been months since Delphina could rest comfortably. The bed was push, the palace was safe, and her friends were safe. Well, save for Caine. She didn't remember anything about him, everyone wore the black cloaks save for the victims she possessed. She told everyone what she was forced to do and how they lied to her, then she requested that staff salt doors and windows and every entrance into the palace. It would help protect them from demons even if just for a moment.

The sun peeked in and shone on her eyes and made Delphina squint. "Mmm...I'm up." She sat up and slid on the padded shoes Aldus had fashioned for her so she could walk around. It was still a little painful to move but she couldn't just sit around. She quickly tossed on her fresh clothes and she smoothed out her white dress and black leather jacket. She pulled her long locks back into a tight ponytail before she walked out of the room. Something caught her eye on the floor so she looked down, her long lashes batting down as she seen Warrin. "What are you doing on the floor, silly?" She slid down the wall so she could sit next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder comfortably. "Thank you again, Warrin. I put a heavy burden on your shoulders and you didn't deserve that. You did amazing though, I am so proud of you."

Her eyes peeked up at one of the guards as they approached Delphina and Warrin. "Princess Elora needs you to meet her in the town square. Do you need assistance getting there ma'am?" She quickly shook her head. "I'm fine, thank you though." She took a deep breath and stood to her feet. Every muscle in her body was sore and throbbed every time she moved. "Warrin do you mind walking with me to the square?" She shone a sweet smile back at him as she moved towards the stairs.

Aldus

Aldus was a strong individual mentally, but after six months of drinking constantly he was finding it difficult to quit. He didn't drink during dinner and he started to sweat. He didn't drink before bed and he was up the whole night sweating profusely. He had taken just finished taking his second shower and he had deep bags under his eyes. He was sober and he was hurting physically. Was this because his body didn't have alcohol? Maybe he should drink a little...no, he could do this.

When Airiette banged on his door he looked over at it and gave a small sigh. "Airiette, we need to stop drinking. It's not good..." A jolt of pain shot through his aching body and he nearly toppled over. "Goddammit!" He let out a loud groan before he stood up. No, just one drink. That's all he needed. "Alright, fine." He grabbed the key off of his dresser and opened the door to see Airiette. "Let's go." Quickly he made his way down to the cellar and unlocked the door. He took a step inside, walked straight to the scotch and took a drink. It took him a minute to realize other people were there with him. "Oh." Then it clicked. "Oh!" Aldus felt a little hurt. Why? He didn't know. He had treated her terribly, she deserved to move on. It was pretty ironic that he was going to apologize to her this morning...

"Guess I don't have to apologize, then." He chuckled quietly and grabbed another bottle. "Come on Airiette I got the stuff." He walked to the exit, stopping when a guard ran into the cellar with them. "Countess, miss Brielle, Aldus, we need you in the town square immediately."

Warrin

As Delphina emerged from her room and sat down next to him Warrin gave her a warm smile that turned into a stupid grin as she placed her head against his shoulder. Living amoungst her things and her home for the past six months had given him a stronger understanding of the person she was and the things she did. Delphina was the person Warrin longed to be. Strong and true to their feelings and morals. For a long time Warrin was just a leech of another persons thoughts. He allowed himself to be taken over by demons not only figuratively but literally. Warrin was a man who honored his friendships and his work ethic more than anything. He realized his love of gardening and cooking and it wasn’t as epic as the rest of his friends but it was his way to contribute to the kingdom. It helped the scouts who were willing to assist in the search for Delphina and when this was all said and done Warrin planned on creating a garden and community kitchen to feed those less fortunate. “You don’t need to thank me. It was eye opening to me, though it was in terrible circumstances. I’m just sorry I scared your people.” He went to wrap an around around her shoulders as the guard approached.

“Elora?” Delphine stood up next to him and started to walk down the stairs. “Hey Wait up!” He caught up to her and stopped at the bottom of the stairs, leaning down and kneeling in front of her. “Come on, you shouldn’t walk that far. I’ll carry you. I’m not taking no as an answer, you shouldn’t even be leaving the castle right now let alone walking that far.”

Cataz

Cataz has created the portal into Eloras room, it was hidden in a picture frame that was hung next to the vanity and attached to the closet in his own room. Another thing he had been preparing for was checking in on Chelle, after they had gotten back from their meeting with Delphina he went straight to work. Unfortunately for him it wasn’t good news... the realm held none of her energy so either she had died there or she had escaped . Cataz considered the second option more probably over the more preferable first option.

Just as he was ready to go speak to the others one of the guards knocked on his door and mentioned Elora had called for their help. Cataz instantly went into panic mode. He pulled on a sweater over his previously shirtless body and used the usual wind magic to push himself out the open window of his room and towards the square.

As soon as he saw the body and the blood he dropped to the ground and ran to the girl, his hands grabbed her shoulders and turned her in a circle a few times looking her over. Finally Cataz stopped spinning her and peered down at her face, “Are you okay?” He turned to look towards the body and finally he noticed the message and his mouth gasped slightly. “Oh hell.” He turned back to her and pushed some hair back, his heart slowing from the terribly aggressive pace it had just been beating at. “Sorry I just got worried. The guard that retrieved me didn’t word things very well. I thought you had gotten hurt.” Cataz suddenly felt eyes on him and turned to look at Akkar, shit. Cataz quickly dropped his hands and stepped away, moving closer to the dead body. “Anyways, were clearly not giving them Delphina so what’s the next step here?”

Brielle

When the door opened Brielle jumped and quickly finished buttoning up her white blouse. “How-How did you two get in here?” She gasped ready to scold them for drinking when she realized now probably wasn’t the best time. Shame took her over and she yanked her hair into a bun and looked down at her feet as her face heated. “Fenian, I’ll talk to you later.” She cleared her throat and went to move past Airiette and Aldus only to be blocked by a guard. What was happening now?

She grabbed Airiette by her arm and yanked her along with her taking no care to the fact that the woman was still in her pajamas. “You have got to be kidding me with this excessive drinking. Do you think he would excuse your behavior? Do you think Caine would let you do this shit!” Brielle stopped short of the square and grabbed Airiette by her shoulders, shaking her and glaring down. “Everyone has the occasional drink but you and Aldus are going to kill yourselves at this rate! I couldn’t bear to lose either one of you!” Brielle’s heart hurt. She was ashamed and upset and in pain all in one. “You don’t think I hurt too? You don’t think I know what I’m doing is destructive and stupid? I do! But at least I won’t kill my self in the process.” Brielle let out a long sigh and let her head fall. “Let’s just go see what Elora needs. Then I’m getting that key back from the two of you and I swear if I have to lock you away like I did Cataz, I will!”

Brielle let go and turned the corner, instantly her eyes fell on the message and she turned to stop Airiette but ran out of time. “How could you tell the guards to bring her here!” Brielle hissed quietly at Elora, typically she valued full frontal honesty but this was brutal. “The guards didn’t go fetch Delphine too did they?!”

Airiette

“Oh my.” Airiette snickered as she watched Brielle struggle to yank on her clothes. What a coping mechanism that was. “Fenian I think I may have under estimated you!” Who would have known the guard would be THIS bold. To sleep with the adviser to the Countess in a CELLAR. It was almost enough to make Airiette cry with laughter. That is until Aldus spoke. “Shit Aldus...” was he okay? Was he going to be okay? She heard Aldus murmur about apologizing and she shot him a sad smile before taking the bottle from his hands. “Want to head to the library my good friend?”

Aldus was stoped by a guard at the door and Airiette rolled her eyes. No way was she going out there. Nope. That is until Brielle grabbed her and yanked her out of the castle in basically her underwear with a robe. “Brielle stop! I command you!” But the girl didn’t instead they closed in on the square and Brielle began to scold her. It brought heat to her face. “Don’t you dare say his name when you aren’t even bold enough to admit you want to be with Aldus. You go around wrecking things on purpose so that you hurt people before yourself then pretend like you’re this bleeding heart. I don’t want to hear it from you. Unlike you I TRIED. I got left. Not the other way around.”

Brielle entered the square and quickly turned to hold Airiette back but she was pissed and pushed past her violently, stopping when she saw the blood. It took her a few moments to realize what was going on in front of her. Her body didn’t know how to react, she was in shock. She was angry and devestated but also happy. He wasn’t dead. “I-I...” the bottle slipped from her hand and shattered on the ground as she fell to her knees. Why did the world keep doing this to her?

Elora

The speed of which Cataz got to the square was scary. Her eyes widened as he grabbed her and started to spin her. Elora couldn't help but to laugh and giggle as she spun in circles. "I-I'm fine Cataz!" Only he could make her smile in a situation like this. With the way he acted she could tell he was worried about her, she loved how caring he was. She just wanted to give him a hug and comfort him. Her cheeks heated slightly as she looked up at him smiling from ear to ear. It took her a moment to realize Akkar was standing right there glaring at the two of them. Elora quickly cleared her throat as she tried to get rid of her blushing cheeks and smile. "Y-Yes, well." She glanced at the others as they arrived and her smile fell. Back to serious time.

"I had the guards fetch Airiette because she deserves to see this. She needs to wake up and see reality. And yes, I invited Delphina too because if we're to save Caine we need her to lead us to where she came from. If we had the time to let her rest you know I would, but we have no idea what they're doing with Caine. I was under the impression we're trying to save him, that's what I'm doing." She didn't like the way Brielle scolded her judgement. This was Airiette's kingdom, if she was to run it she wouldn't hide from the truth.

"Airiette we'll find him." She knelt next to her friend with a small smile. "I know it doesn't seem like good news but this is a key clue to his location. If we can just find where they had Delphina then we can find Caine."

Delphina

Delphina felt her cheeks heat when Warrin insisted he carry her. "If you insist..." She climbed onto his back and held on to his shoulders gently and she tried not to look down as they made their way to the square. Once they arrived she slid off of Warrin's back with a small thank you before she observed the crime scene. "Oh my..." Then she saw the message. "Oh, no..." As much as she wanted to save Caine she couldn't go back. She was just unleashing evil unto the world. "What if I went back?" Quickly she turned to look at the others. "We set up a trap. I wait here for them late at night and you guys could hide with bags of salt and blessed weapons, and when they arrive I'll attack them with salt and my dagger and cross. We'll weaken them and get the information out of them." It wasn't the best idea but it was the only idea they had. Going through the woods wouldn't be an option for a long while, she couldn't make it on that terrain and she wouldn't have Warrin carry her through that.

It also didn't help she didn't remember squat from that night. Just cold, pain, and the adrenaline to get her home. "I know you guys don't like the idea of me sitting out here alone waiting for them but I'm strong enough now and I know what I'm up against, I can hold my own." She looked up at Warrin and gave his hand a small, comforting squeeze. She knew he would be worrying about all of the possible outcomes. Delphina was going to make sure this had the best possible outcome.

Aldus

Aldus followed Brielle and Airiette down to the square quietly as he drank away his broken heart and sulked. That is until Airiette yelled at Brielle. She wanted to be with him? She told him that she wanted nothing to do with a relationship so Aldus pushed her away, pushing her away even further after Delphina's disappearance. "You want to be with me?" Aldus couldn't focus on the blood or the body, he was having an internal crisis. "We need to talk after this." Aldus glanced at her before turning his attention to the body and message. He took in how the girl was bled to death and it was the same way that his first victim was killed. "Definitely Caine..." He glanced back at Delphina when she spoke her idea. A trap, huh?

"I hate to admit it but her idea could work in theory. We could split into groups to cover the entrances of the square, Airiette and Warrin can wait in an area, Brielle and I can wait in one, and Cataz and Elora can wait at the other. No matter where they come from we'll have them trapped, they'll have to tell us where Caine is." He looked around the plaza and sighed. "I know you guys don't like this idea but we have to weaken Caine if we're to bring him down. I've prepared a poison to stun him; if we pair it with Delphina's weapons then we can bring him down. We'll drag him back to the castle and chain him with blessed chains in a cell or something if we have to. Detox him from this human blood, see if that works."

Airiette

Eloras words calmed her little, Airiette wasn’t sure if finding him was the best option here. Caine had been losing a battle against himself for a long time and what if he was completely lost now? Would trying to help him only bring him more pain and suffering? Aldus said he had made a potion to stun him and Delphina actually had a very solid plan. The only thing they didn’t know is how Airiette knew that once one of his kind got human blood it was a one way road. That’s what Caine always said at least! Honestly this plan just seemed like it would become kill or be killed! But it was really the only option they had... she supposed either way would work out. Either they got Caine back and helped out this cult to help her kingdom or they died in the process and Stonevale turned to the rebels. At this point there was nothing else to do.

-

Airiette had taken the day back at the castle to drink a lot of water and a lot of that basically magical shit that Elora had given Cataz during his time in the dungeon. The sobriety made her angry and disgusted with herself. Alcohol had taken her in such a far path from herself that she couldn’t even stand to think about her attitude as of recent. She returned to her room and took a hot shower, changing into the typical knights uniform and taking a pair of scissors to her long hair, cutting it into a bob at her shoulders. Airiette had to remember that first and foremost she was a knight and a damn good one. She wasn’t a woman who wore nice dresses and acted with graceful diplomacy. She was this.

“I want the spot nearest Delphina. Warrin will be nothing more than a look out and as soon as trouble reaches our area, he will retreat with his weapon to help Delphina.” Airiette spoke as a leader for once, her eyes narrowing slightly on Warrin to show him she meant it. “And if anything real bad happens...” she looked between Aldus, Cataz and Warrin. “You three make sure to get the girls out of here. They’re capable but they’re stubborn and won’t leave me. Someone has to remain to run this place if it goes wrong okay.” She finally cracked a smile and a chuckle, “Not that I was really running it before right?” She rubbed at the back of her neck and took a sword from Delphinas pile to add to her side. “Impressive collection Priestess.” Airiette planned to use her trusty bow and arrows but if anything went crazy she needed a back up weapon.

“I’ll be up top, behind the chimney of the cafe. It’ll hide me from the view in the direction of the forest but if they have large numbers I can warn everyone at least.” With that Airiette climbed up on a table and leaped to the roof, pulling herself up and tucking her body behind the chimney with her arrow drawn.

Brielle

Airiette and her big mouth we’re going to cause Brielle more trauma than she ever wanted to handle. “I-yes. We should talk. But Aldus there’s literal bodies hanging...” It nearly made her chuckle but thanks to her heart feeling like it was in a vice grip she couldn’t even speak any more. Delphina came up with an excellent plan, although dangerous. Aldus apparently also had a way to subdue Caine. But for some reason Airiette seemed distant from the idea. Shouldn’t she be ecstatic?

In the time that passed between finding the message and their meeting, Brielle changed into more appropriate clothing. A pair of black trousers and a black turtle neck with flats. She wasn’t really a fighter but had gotten a pair of daggers from Delphina early and tried her best to practice with one of the dummies in the guard quarters. The entire time she stabbed at the air she couldn’t stop thinking about talking to Aldus. She had been hiding from him since then but there would be no avoiding him in a few short hours.

Once it was time to return to the square she found herself leaning against a wall waiting for the others. Slowly everyone arrived and before she could say any words of encouragement, Airiette was speaking. Well. And strongly. It brought a proud smile to Brielle’s face. That is until she mentioned the men removing them from the situation if things got sticky. “Airiette were not going to leave you behind to die. It won’t get that bad.” Right? She supposed she couldn’t promise anything but with Elora and Airiette who both seemed rather impressive with their individual skills, not to mention Delphinas weapons, they should have the upper hand for once.

Brielle watched as Airiette climbed to the roof and she looked over at Aldus with wide eyes as they moved to their hiding spot, “You wouldn’t dare actually make me run away from this would you?”

Warrin

Call it intuition but Warrin was getting good at feeling when these plans were going to go bad. This felt like one. Maybe because he was overly cautious of Delphina putting herself in danger again. She was still all bandaged up! He had carried her over here! She was literally STUMBLING. How was she going to protect herself let alone actually attack someone. The others seemed fully into the plan and Warrin couldn’t help but be slightly angry. And honestly shocked that Aldus was okay with this!

He spent the next few hours trying to get Delphina to change her mind but it was honestly too late. He tried to convince her to let him sit there in one of her robes and a wig but that didn’t work either.

Finally it was time to head back with all of their supplies and wait, Warrin was walking with Delphina with a grimace on his face. “Are you sure you’re okay enough to do this? No one will blame you if you can’t or won’t... there has to be another way we can help Caine...” Warrin reaches over and took her hand in his with a red face. “Delphina you’ve already done so much, been through so much... I just don’t want you to have to go through anything bad again. You don’t deserve it.” He swallowed hard and kept a gentle hold on her hand as they met with the others. Near instantly Airiette was giving orders and honestly Warrin was completely fine with them for once. Sobriety was working well for her.

“O-of course!” Warrin stammered and watched as the white haired girl retreated. He knew Delphina wouldn’t like Airiettes words so he turned to her quickly, “I’m not as strong as many of the others, or as talented at literally anything. But I’m going to start being good at one thing, keeping you safe.” He looked at her with conviction as he spoke, “I’m going to be right under that table behind you and as soon as I can I’m going to be at your side. If things start to look badly I am going to get you out of here.” He spoke as if he were making her a promise. “And I’m sorry if you don’t like that but I don’t like this whole idea in the first place!” The last part however were the words of a flustered boy.

Cataz

It felt like Cataz asked himself this question often but why did these people have to be the friends he made? Why did the woman he loved have to be such an amazing person and diplomat who would never dream of just running away from a problem? It was aggravating how GOOD they all were and how GOOD they forced him to be. Hell he almost felt guilty for wanting to just take Elora and hide in his loft!

“Elora, I should tell you that when I checked the portal earlier I think Chelle has escaped.” His hand went up to the necklace and he turned the charm a few times. “I know this will work but I just don’t want any surprises in case she tries to pull anything again tonight. I can only assume she’s rejoined ranks with her little friends.” Cataz spoke to her as the walked to the square to prepare for their little hide out. “Also I feel like I should apologize.” His face heated a small bit as he spoke, “I overreacted earlier and might have caused you trouble with Akkar.” He stopped for a moment and grabbed her hand gently, spinning her until he had her pressed to his chest and his arm around her back. His other hand moved to tip her chin as he did so often, “I just get scared when I think that you’ve been harmed.” Cataz thought to his late wife for a moment and sighed. His memory of her creates fears and pain he would never fully get over. And he now realized that no one would replace her, but he could start new and better relationships with other people. Loving someone new wouldn’t taint her memory or hurt his new relationship, it was just that. New. “I’ll always be afraid of that. What happened to me in the past, to her in the past, will always be there in the back of my mind. I just can’t bear not being there to keep another person I love safe.. and when he’s around I can’t do that. It’s so hard...” Cataz leaned down to place a kiss on her nose and when he pulled back he noticed a small discoloring on her cheek. “Elora, did you get hurt?” He rubbed his thumb over it and gave her a worried look, “I thought you said you didn’t?”

Elora

After she helped get Caine back Elora was most likely going to end up in a war. She had come to peace with the fact, but she couldn't bare the thought of Akkar in her life any longer. He had gotten angry at her for everything; the food, the drink, the way everyone treated him, and the final straw was the way Cataz treated her. He got angry, pulled her into a room and yelled at Rastell to keep out. They argued back and forth, nothing new, but then he struck her. It was terrifying. Elora was an durable elf but physically she was weak due to her size. Akkar was a lot bigger than her and him smacking her made her freeze and forget that she can fight back. She spent most of the rest of the day alone and thinking about what happened, playing it scene by scene in her head. She could have subdued him with magic, could have shouted for Rastell who was right out the door. She did nothing though, just stood there and took it in silence. She was ashamed, how could she tell anyone what happened?

She decided she wouldn't. She was going to be the strong princess she was and get through this herself. She put some makeup over the purplish bruise, ignored Rastell's bothersome questions, and drew out plans for herself. Every possible outcome of her leaving him would leave in war. She considered the military presence of her kingdom versus his and hers was clearly superior. Strong wizards, mighty warriors, and remarkably powerful healers. Elora was tired of this man and she knew her people grew tired of his antics as well, this would benefit everyone just as much as it did her. The whole time she was trying to focus though her mind kept drifting off and thinking of how she would lie to Cataz. Elora had never lied before, she didn't know if she could tell a passable one.

On the way to the square her heart beat anxiousy. She avoided looking directly at him, but soon enough he was spinning her to him and holding her. Her cheeks heated at his words; he was just too good to her. She understood how he felt, Airen was her past love and while she loved Cataz with her whole heart the love was different and new and special in its own way. She understood his worry. That's why she couldn't tell him what happened. Not only was she ashamed but it would only hurt him in the end. "Cataz you have nothing to worry about, okay?" Her hands moved to his face so she could gently cup his cheeks, a small sweet smile spreading to her lips. "I promise we'll be together soon. I'm sending Akkar to his home in the morning for once and for all. We won't have to hide after this, we'll keep each other safe." Once he mentioned her cheek she looked away and felt her heart skip a beat. "My heel broke and I fell. Come, let's go to our spot-" Elora froze in shock. She had turned from Cataz to go to their assigned area only to find an arrow stuck in her right shoulder. It had clearly been meant for her heart but she turned before it could shoot her.

She looked down at the bloody wound with wide eyes. There was immense pain, her hand immediately shot up to the arrow and tried to pull it out. But the arrow was made of something that pierced even her elven bone, she settled for clutching the bloody wound. "A-Ah! What in the world!?"

Delphina

Delphina couldn't help but smile at the whole situation. Yes, no one loved it and she felt awful for making Warrin worry about her even more. But it brought them all together to save a friend, it made Aldus and Airiette both stop drinking. And they were going to help the kingdom. "We won't have to worry about getting out of here because we'll all be returning to the castle after this, including Caine." Throughout the day Delphina went to her room and pulled all of her holy weapons from storage. She had a wide array of weapons available to everyone that she personally blessed, and they all had pouches of salt that she prepared for them.

She sat on the stage in the square and looked towards the entrance as she waited for whoever was to come. They seemed to be taking a while, though. And then she heard someone cry out. Elora? Delphina stood up and grabbed her dagger, clutching it in her hands as a few hooded members came from the shadows. The man with a raven necklace spoke. "Now Delphina dear we didn't think we had to specify that we only wanted you. Your guests aren't welcomed." Delphina bit her lip. That guy was the doctor that took care of her and oversaw her to make sure she was healthy. Behind him was a familiar looking face. Caine...but it was the Caine they had all seen in the cage, the one with black eyes. "I'm not coming back and neither is Caine! We're going to break the spell you have on your friend and I'm going to vanquish every demon you forced me to release!"

Delphina wanted to run and fight but she was in absolute no shape to be running anymore. She'd have to settle on holding her ground for now.

Aldus

As much as he hated to admit it Aldus needed help. Elora offered the medicine she gave Cataz to sober him up and he took it, albeit regrettably. He had to face who he was and what his problems were. He was a healer with the fear of losing people, who loved Brielle. He had to lay everything out on the table for her to get it off of his chest. His promise to the priest, his obsession to protect those he cared for, that he loved her but terrified of hurting her in the end. He'd do all that after they save Caine. Ha. He believed they could save him but he didn't believe they could fix the blood lust.

He ended up settling on a rapier for a weapon, it was quick, light, and would allow him to defend Brielle if needed. Once in the square and once he listened to Airiette he felt a confidence rise in himself. "Yes, ma'am!" Grab her and run if things take a turn for the worse, got it. He couldn't help but smile slightly. Airiette this morning versus her now was a night and day difference, he was proud of her improvement. Though the same could be said for him. He shaved, dressed in a nice black sweater and black slacks, black shoes and black leather gloves. He looked presentable for the first time in months, and there was a twinkle back in his eyes.

"We won't be quick to run away but as our Countess we need to listen to her." He gave Brielle a small smirk as they went to their spot. It was quiet while they waited, nothing seemed to be happening. Then he heard a cry. Delphina jumped up and a few people walked into the square. His eyes squinted slightly, he couldn't quite make out who it was in the dark especially with the cloak. Then he heard the voice. That was his master, he knew it. The old, gruff voice. It was the voice of the man that raised him. Aldus shifted uncomfortably as he tried not to jump into action. He couldn't just sit there though. "Cacaw! Cacaw!" Delphina needed to get out of there, he had to give the signal to abort. His master was more powerful than any of them could take on without Caine.

Caine

When Caine returned to the others he was immediately brought down by the doctor, a formidable foe. Apparently Caine crossed a salt line, something that only confirmed the doctor's suspicions. It turned out the doctor was the one who created the plague that killed Caine's entire kingdom. The doctor was planning on releasing the plague to other kingdoms, make an army of indestructible monsters he could use to rule the world. The doctor was insane. He forced Caine to drink something and it drowned out Caine's will to fight and put him in a deep slumber. His dark side came out and was obedient to the doctor. He killed a fledgling cult member and hanged his body in the square and wrote the message.

When the time came Caine arrived in the square with the doctor and two demons. Caine didn't wear a cloak like the others though, no he wore a simple tunic and pants so he could move quickly. He was ready for a blood bath. They had anticipated the others would be waiting for them. Chelle had the tasks of taking out the elf and wizard. The others were weak; Delphina would clearly be in no fighting condition, Brielle and Aldus would easily be overpowered by a demon, and Warrin was already made a demons bitch once why not again? That left the little Countess to Caine. Black eyed Caine didn't seem to mind that, he hated that girl. She was Caine's weakness and she needed to die.

"A signal? Oh, how pathetic." Caine chuckled darkly and walked to Delphina. "This is ridiculous. Come with me or I will snap the neck of everyone you love right in front of you. I'll drain them, I'll kill everyone in this fucking kingdom. Just be thankful we're planning on sparing your life when the master is king of the world." Caine towered over Delphina as he gripped her arm rather roughly. "Come on wench."

Cataz

Cataz couldn’t help but frown over at Elora, for some reason he couldn’t shake the idea that something was wrong. He was absolutely undeniably elated at the fact that she said she was telling Akkar to hit the bricks. But there was something more happening here... Elora seemed distant. “Elora listen...” Cataz went to stop her as she turned to go to their hiding spot but suddenly there was an arrow right where he was preparing to grab. “Elora?!” Cataz wrapped an arm around her waist and quickly shoved her behind him as she grabbed at the wound.

“Can you pull it out?” Cataz turned his head slightly to peer back at her. His heart was squeezing in his chest. He couldn’t lose someone again... but he couldn’t afford to get emotional and scared. He had to stay strong and do his best to keep her safe and if that meant being a literal human shield he would do it. His eyes scanned the area and he couldn’t tell where they were shot from... but he could see people joining the square.

“Holy fuck.” Cataz gasped and instantly began focusing on a portal in the window of the shop beside them. Caine was with a group of cloaked people. His eyes were the way they had been when they found him last in this square. Aldus sent out a warning noise and Cataz looked back at Elora with a fear stricken face. “Elora I’m making a portal, we need to get you somewhere we can treat your wound.” Fear was making the already tiring process even slower.

Warrin

Unlike the others, Warrin was keen to listen to warning. As soon as the cloaked people arrived in the square, Warrin began to emerge from his hiding spot. The view he got of Caine however made him stand in shock for a moment. Never once had he imagined they would bring him here in this state. They were no chance for him! Warrin stood frozen for a moment as he yelled at himself to move! To be brave like all of his friends. He remembered the fear these people caused him for months and the terror he had gone through. He remembered that he was to blame for Delphina being introduced to these people in the first place! Warrins fear turned to anger. “H-Hey!” He scrambled over to Delphina and tried to pull her from Caine but he was no match in physical strength... clearly.

Warrin took a deep breath as he decided what to do. “Let go of her!” He listened as Caine threatened her with the death of the others. Someone made a noise that meant they needed to retreat. Warrin had to get Delphina far from this situation. He moved and pushed himself into the small space between Delphina and Caine. “L-Let her go!” His voice was stronger now as he looked up into the terrible black eyes of his former friend. At least this way it kept him from getting closer to Delphina.

Brielle

They sat silence as they hid and waited. Brielle was a mess of tension and slight fear. “Aldus, what if they don’t show up?” Then the cry rang out and Brielle nearly jumped out of her own skin. Aldus turned to peer out into the square and she watched his body physically go rigid. She turned as well and peered out. Caine was with them and it made her heart drop, he had Delphina by the arm and soon enough Warrin was stepping in. Aldus let out the warning noise besides her and she turned to follow his line of sight, assuming it to be on Caine... only it wasn’t.

“Aldus..” Brielle whispered as gently as she could and reached over to wrap her hand around his. He was clearly and visibly upset. “What’s going on? Who is that man?” The man in the middle who was speaking at first was covered in a cloak and she tried to peer at his Facebook but couldn’t see it through the shadow of the hood.

Airiette

Airiette heard the cry, then the warning, then the voice. She leaned around the chimney and quickly assessed the scene around her. Caine was with them... of course he was. She was a fool to even think they would bring him here as a prisoner, no they figured out a way to turn him into a monster like the noble from before had. Her body stiffened as he grabbed Delphina roughly and as Warrin stepped in. “Fuck.” She quickly looked around. Elora has been hurt. Aldus and Brielle were still in their area. Airiette just needed to get Delphinas arm free and Warrin could run... as could the others. It was their best option.

Airiette swallowed hard and stood to her full height on the top of the cafe and walked out to the edge. “Hey asshole!” She screamed as she pulled back the string of her bow and let an arrow fly. It went closely enough to Warrin and Delphinas heads that she could see their hair move from the wind. Then it plunged straight into Caine’s chest. “Hurts doesn’t it?!” Airiette was angry and fighting back tears. If this stupid asshole had just stayed in the first place he wouldn’t have to go through this! She wouldn’t have to injure the person she loved! Airiette pulled back another arrow and sent it sailing for his upper arm, the one that was holding onto Delphina.

“How about you pick on someone your own size big guy! You’re an honerable knight right?” Airiettes voice was strained with sadness and sounded hoarse already, “Act like it! If your so fucking strong and mighty don’t pick on the poor little injured girl and the servant boy!” She’s remember to apologize rob Warrin later for that one.

Elora

Everything was a blur. She felt faint. Was it because of the blood loss? She hadn't ever scraped her skin let alone have an arrow lodged in her bone. Cataz hid her behind him and started to focus on the window so he could open a portal. "I-I am fine!" With one deep breath she grabbed the arrow, held her breath, and pulled it out with one great pull. Blood profusely poured from the wound and stained down the front, back, and right sleeve of her silken midnight blue dress. "I'm fine...see?" She couldn't worry him any more than she did. All she felt like was a burden to him lately.

The pain was immense, she felt like she was going to pass out. The noise of retreat sounded and she shook her head. "I am not giving up and I will not retreat!" Elora knelt down and pressed her left hand to the dirt, her eyes closing as she started to sweat. The ground shook and a large crack in the ground began to form across the square to separate Caine from the other black cloaked members. The gash in the earth was large, too large for even Caine to surpass. Clearly she'd have to fix that later but for now it was their only hope in blocking off his escape route. As soon as she stood up she stumbled into Cataz, clutching at her wound as her vision got fuzzy. "Okay. I..I think I'm ready to retreat now."

Delphina

"C-Caine let go!" Delphina pulled at her wrist as she tried to escape his strong hold on her, then she processed what he said. Kill her friends? Kill everyone in the kingdom? She stopped struggling. Maybe she should go with. But if he was serious about the master becoming king of the world then her friends would only get hurt or worse. She had to stay and fight with them. "Warrin are you insane?!" Her eyes widened as Warrin jumped between her and Caine. "He'll kill you-" Then an arrow shot through Caine's chest. She knew it wouldn't kill him but it still hurt to see her friend get shot. Delphina reached into the pouch of salt and threw it in Caine's eyes and grabbed Warrin when her wrist was freed, running at top speed towards Elora and Cataz. It was Airiette's turn, she could handle this, she could talk some sense into that man.

She stumbled as the crack in the earth formed. Her eyes landed on the arrow and the blood on the ground and she froze. Elora leaned on Cataz and was clutching at her shoulder. "E-Elora?" No...what happened? She ran to her friend despite her aching feet and turned Elora so she could assess the wound. There was so much blood, how she could still be standing she'll never know. Though Delphina didn't know much about how to help elves. "I, uh, where's Aldus?" Panic rushed through her as she held the wound tightly to try to stop the bleeding.

Aldus

Aldus had to get Brielle out of there. At any minute his master could turn them into what Caine was or kill them. Caine was grabbing Delphina and Warrin was jumping between them, Aldus was panicking. "That's my master. It's his voice. He made Caine what he is and he can make us into what he is, we need to get out." Aldus would come back for Airiette, but he had swore that he would keep Brielle safe. "Let's go." He scooped Brielle up bridal style and held her tightly against him as he darted across the plaza to the others, nearly toppling over when the gouge in the earth formed. Thankfully he managed to catch his footing.

"Cataz make that portal faster, we have to go-" His eyes landed on Delphina and Elora. They were both covered in blood but it seemed like it was all Elora's. "Holy Hell." He gently sat Brielle down on the ground. The crack in the earth prevented his master to getting to any of them so at least Airiette was safe from his master. He moved Delphina out of his way and tightly held the wound. "We're in way over our heads here, guys. I don't think Airiette's safe here by herself."

Caine

Caine laughed at Warrin as he jumped in front of the two of them. "I've killed plenty bigger and scarier than you, boy. I'll snap you like a twig to show your friends what happens when you mess with me." Caine went to grab Warrin by the neck but froze when he felt something pierce his chest. Pain shot across his chest and forced him to let go of Delphina's wrist. Then he was blinded by salt. "Agh!" He wiped the salt from his eyes quickly as Warrin and Delphina escaped. "You bitch! You let her get away!" Caine practically hissed as he looked up at Airiette. He was going to be happy killing her. Caine would officially be all his if this bitch would just die.

"Honorable knight?" He laughed maniacally and pushed some of his hair back as his black eyes stared up at her. "I made your honorable knight my bitch. I let him think he had control over me when really I've been sitting back and waiting for the right moment to come out and kill the very thing that makes him weak." He looked back at the giant gash in the ground. He was supposed to get Delphina and run but he wanted to play with these kids first, now he had an excuse. He let out a loud groan when the arrow pierced his arm. "Come down here miss Countess and play! I'll let you get a few good swings on this body of mine, it'll hurt you more than it hurts Caine!" He pulled the sword from its sheath and wagged it at Airiette. "Come! We'll battle like true knights!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back