• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Dark Travelers

The response had been expected as a potential roadblock, given what Declan had confided to Dennor; as he listened to the barbarian warlord speak, he remained in place and unmoving as he kept his full attention to Adanach's reasonings. Dennor didn't particularly care about things such as 'traditions' and 'ways of life', given his own proclivities and nature. Yet, he would have to continue to negotiate around that as though he did, lest he not only fail at the job given to him by Declan but also likely be relieved of his head in this warcamp. Preferring to remain in the mortal world, he cleared his throat as he spoke.

"Understandable. I wouldn't want my puckered cheeks anywhere close to that hag." he remarked with regards to Baba Voyka. "And the jester? Well, I consider myself an adventurous type but from what I've heard that is a one-way ticket to getting my throat slit under the covers." He has only met, or rather seen, Yz once and a feeling of unease drowned him when he laid eyes upon that... thing. Yet, that didn't spare it from his tongue's own colourful recounts and insults of their character. "I'm probably too ugly for the drake-lord, so she'd incinerate me."

He let out a chuckle at the minor self-deprecation before continuing on. "Which is why I'm also authorized to deliver an additional proposal, given your concerns. The Viceroy would honour a pact where, in the case you do turn north, then he will help you conquer the lands of your people should they fall into the hands of said unsavoury bastards after the Northern realms fall." Dennor then presented as an additional choice. "Don't worry about disappointing his shortness if you decide to refuse. He knows when to not press certain matters. You won't hear of this again if you also turn this down."

He then raised his hands up, half-jokingly: "And don't shoot the messenger. I've got plenty of drinking and fucking to live for."

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98

"And of course, Swybeck rushes head long into the fray against the Blade... Idiocy." muttered Veno, as she read over the parchment in her hand. "He would have been further humiliated had our more aquatic foe decided to get involved as well."

Eventually, the drow sighed. "I understand him. I know he wants to return his people home, as quickly as possible. However, careful steps must be taken. Advantages need to be sought out. Neither of us, from what I've seen, are equipped for open warfare except against ill prepared foes. These are well prepared." she soon stated aloud, to really just herself.

However, she would soon find herself in conversation with an actual person. A guard poked their head in, before speaking themself. "My lady, we've received word that our allies to the east aren't fairing well."

"Of course." she responded, lifting her head from the document and gazing at the guard. "Have word sent to Swybeck. We need to have a meeting, and get on the same page."

The guard nodded, before disappearing through the curtain. Veno frowned, before looking back to the letters nearby on the map table. At least Cordia needed to be convinced to join her, if they were to eliminate Maldaryn and remove that particular pawn from play. A combined attack from Veno, Swybeck, and Cordia would likely obliterate her fleet, and allow for control of the waters around Weildach. From the waters, they could later launch attacks on Weildach's shores and inland. Stair step their invasion, and use every advantage possible.

Soon, while waiting on word from Swybeck, Veno began to pen another letter to Cordia. Inviting her to cause some carnage at Weildach's shores as a more unified force. If the northerners could do it, why couldn't they?

Last edited:
"YOU ABSOLUTE CRETINS!" The Banshee captain shrieked from her cabin. The news of her ships sinking while the enemy got away with minor damages was an embarassment. "WHEN I DRAGGED YOU UP FROM THE DEPTHS I IMBUED YOU WITH THE ABILITY TO INFLICT PAIN AND SUFERING TO THOSE WHO STRIKE AT YOU! WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU SCARED THEM SLIGHTLY INTO A HIT AND RUN!" A bold of dark magic flew from her hand and slammed into one of the crew that was dragged there. His body collided with the wall behind him and shattered. The captain turned her back to them with hands on her waist. She couldn't look at them in disgusts. "I should have all your heads for this. But I don't have the luxuty of that." She looked at the men briefly again "Go to the lower decks and await my decision on what to do with you."

The reports started to come in and now Cordia was in an uneasy situation. Any move could be salvation or offer short-term gain with long term disaster. As much as she would want to commit to the obvious targets, she paused. One was on land where her men would be hard-pressed to do anything. The other was gaining strength and had a severe advantage on her. She needed allies. Dependable ones. As she thought, one of her crows returned. It carried the seal from the spymaster. Reading the letter, Cordia found that Veno was once again requesting aid. The banshee looked to her map and looked to the piece that represented the Maldaryn fleet. A force that stood between them in the waves. It would present itself a severe issue in her back if she faced the Torpedo again. The reverse is also true, but this presented itself an opportunity she would be ill-advised to pass up.

Cordia picked up her pen and wrote her response.

To the Imperial Spymaster, Veno

I accept your offer. My flank needs to be secure and your waters need to be calm to aid your invasions. You will have ships at your disposal.

See you soon on the waves.
Captain Cordia

Adanach looked Dennor in the eyes as the man spoke, a chuckle escaping from the warlord when he talked about Yz. Managing to amuse the warlord was no small feat to achieve, no small thanks to Dennor's roguish charm. But as he explained the Viceroy's proposal, Adanach visibly grew more serious once more. The truth was that he couldn't find it in him to trust Southerners and those who call themselves "civilized", as he and his people were once already betrayed by a seemingly benevolent benefactor. Such misplaced trust ended with the deaths of his brothers and clansmen. In the years since leaving the woods, his clan had been eradicated by the crusaders of Erevan and Poggost with only Briggun's darkness spreading having forced them to stop their war against the Druadach.

How could he trust the Viceroy, who was a part of Canar's nobility and he who was already known as a betrayer and one who looked down upon the barbarians? But, perhaps Dennor was right and the Viceroy was willing to help Adanach should the other commanders set foot in the Druadach perhaps in exchange for keeping the Republic of Arantino under his control. Adanach signed before looking at Dennor: "Tell the Viceroy he'll have his raiders. Wolflings, the most brutal of my army... I'll take the slaves, and make the most of them as battle thralls. As for the proposition... tell the Viceroy I'll need time to consider this. But should I conquer Mors Darak and the Uthgaardians in time, I shall cross the Druadach da Loch to invade Arantino's eastern coast. After that, he and the Redeemer Prince can debate what to do with Lorei."

Damian0358 Damian0358

Falwyn reclined upon the expansive bed, swiftly transported as the camp commenced its entrenchment. Her head found a comfortable resting place upon Leon Thomme's lap, while he leaned back in silent repose against the bed's platform. Falwyn had taken an aerial view earlier and seen part of the carnage that had occured as Kande's retreating forces had been forced into a slaughter against the witch. This was further confirmed by the words that were spoken as Mia Levoran walked into the tent confirming with her divination.

"The witch has slaughtered the remaining forces of Kande who were able to retreat from our initial adavance." Mia said with a confident tone her hands on her hips. "They were ruthless in their slaughter, but seemed keen on taking elven slaves." She said it her voice raised in question at the end of her report.

"Thank you, Mia," Falwyn acknowledged calmly. She slowly rose from her reclined position to return to her duties. Falwyn then efficiently transitioned from her relaxed attire of silk to her white-armored garb, adorned with pauldrons and subtle ornamentation. She gave a small grin to Mia who was blushing as she finished her transformation. Despite having been in bed with her for countless nights she still got flustered over the little things like Falwyn changing in front of her.

Her new attire bespoke both strength and purity, the pristine white cloth unstained by the blood spilled in battle moments before. Meanwhile, Falwyn's cooks busied themselves with preparations for Baba's arrival, arranging tables with an array of food and drink, each detail meticulously attended to, for presentation held its own importance even in the midst of war.

Falwyn summoned a contingent of knights that had sworn under her banner. They came from a variety of ancestries, but were proud of their service to the Dragonlord. What was important was they conformed their unit to a standard set of practices, and they mainly practiced under Cannarian tradition. Falwyn wanted discipline, but one of the best things to have in your collection was diversity. Individual cohesive units that togther led to a force that led to unpredictibality for the opponent. They bore the banner of the golden dragon on the tips of banners as they rode out breifly away from camp to welcome the witch.

Falwyn would approach on her white stallion at the head of her column giving a shout as she approached the upcoming force. "Hail, Great Witch Voyka!"

Falwyn would give the witch a nod of the head as she approached closer her voice down to a normal tone, "It seems all went well in your advance from the east. I took a view from the sky and it was a grand slaughter." She'd give a small laugh flashing a smile towards Voyka. "Come on, lets talk and ride." She'd slowly turn her horse around walking in pace with Baba, "I hope you and your men worked up an appetite, my chefs have been preparing for a good feast. The righetous deserve a good sating in their belly for their service to the Saarus empire." A few moments would pass as she awaited responses before changing to a more discussive matter, "Don't suppose that you happened to catch the viper? I was hoping to see if I could use him a guide as a guide for the deserts, The man is quite resourceful. Could also be a good figurehead in getting the people back into productive work. Thats all if he's alive... and cooperative."

Voyka's force arrived uniformly toward Falwyn's camp, seemingly ready to set up their own camp nearby, with Voyka herself riding upon her goat stead at the front. Upon hearing the hail from a distance, she raised her hand and her signature smile appeared. Today was a good day.

Falwyn would give the witch a nod of the head as she approached closer her voice down to a normal tone, "It seems all went well in your advance from the east. I took a view from the sky and it was a grand slaughter." She'd give a small laugh flashing a smile towards Voyka.

"It had gone beyond well, all thanks to your efforts," Voyka returned the smile with her own, with praise added on top.

"Come on, lets talk and ride." She'd slowly turn her horse around walking in pace with Baba, "I hope you and your men worked up an appetite, my chefs have been preparing for a good feast. The righetous deserve a good sating in their belly for their service to the Saarus empire."

Voyka nodded in response to the proposed walk-and-talk, the two dames on their steads talking. "My men are famished, so the night would've been long had we prepared our own feast," Voyka explained, "so thank you for shouldering the burden of the feast."

...changing to a more discussive matter, "Don't suppose that you happened to catch the viper? I was hoping to see if I could use him a guide as a guide for the deserts, The man is quite resourceful. Could also be a good figurehead in getting the people back into productive work. Thats all if he's alive... and cooperative."

"Ah, the very matter I wanted to discuss," Voyka gave her infamous grin, "we had taken him captive. He's tied up in the back as we speak," she explained plainly.

"Were circumstances different, I would have beaten and choked him to death in the field myself. We have no need to send any more messages to Erevan as we had with Farandel, especially not so with our Dark Lord present, and there's nothing that should've spared him death in battle like the elves do with Veno's requests... but there was," Voyka elaborated before looking directly into Falwyn's eyes, "that being the fact he was your rival in this early part of the campaign."

"It didn't seem right to me to rob you of the opportunity to decide his fate," she stated, "so tonight you get to decide whether he joins your captivity or remains in mine. Though I can imagine you know what'll happen if he remains with me," Voyka finished with a twisted grin.

"Tell the Viceroy he'll have his raiders. Wolflings, the most brutal of my army... I'll take the slaves, and make the most of them as battle thralls. As for the proposition... tell the Viceroy I'll need time to consider this. But should I conquer Mors Darak and the Uthgaardians in time, I shall cross the Druadach da Loch to invade Arantino's eastern coast. After that, he and the Redeemer Prince can debate what to do with Lorei."
Dennor gave a nod to Adanach, wordlessly giving his response to the matter; if anything, he was more than relieved with the response he had gotten as he wouldn't have to listen to Declan voice his disappointment or complain over rejection. The drama of politics was lost on a man as unambitious and material as he was to the world in his immediate. Plus, it also meant that their two factions would be growing closer together which - in turn - meant that he would get to spent more time enjoying the luxuries of the savages. "I'll send a raven out. The Lacanites will be shipped over soon after. In the meantime..." Dennor then said, before scratching his chin. He was definitely curious regarding what this upcoming battle was going to entail.

"I suppose you wouldn't mind me tagging along for some action?" the rogue knight then asked with a grin, "Been itching for a good fight."

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98

"Ah, the very matter I wanted to discuss," Voyka gave her infamous grin, "we had taken him captive. He's tied up in the back as we speak," she explained plainly.

"Were circumstances different, I would have beaten and choked him to death in the field myself. We have no need to send any more messages to Erevan as we had with Farandel, especially not so with our Dark Lord present, and there's nothing that should've spared him death in battle like the elves do with Veno's requests... but there was," Voyka elaborated before looking directly into Falwyn's eyes, "that being the fact he was your rival in this early part of the campaign."

"It didn't seem right to me to rob you of the opportunity to decide his fate," she stated, "so tonight you get to decide whether he joins your captivity or remains in mine. Though I can imagine you know what'll happen if he remains with me," Voyka finished with a twisted grin.
Falwyn gave a smile as they continued upon their path, "You honor me greatly. I would be glad to take him into my captivity. If he can serve the empire in our campaign to gain dominion over the sultanate I will make use of him. If he refuses to be cooperative... I will gladly give you the honors of the execution."

She hoped that the man was more willing to see the future of his people then die out of defiance. Falwyn hadn't forgotten the passion that she had seen in the man, as well as his resourcefulness. The fall of Sabersval was something that could not have been anticipated.

Falwyn would muse later along the trek, "What is your plan for dealing with Prince Cameran? I imagine if Everan counters it will be into Sabersval where they can encroach from two sides. They know little of my ambition for Gantar and will see us heavily entrenched here until I make a move and open a front into Bhiran. Something I intend to make careful preparations for."

After the walk had finished they would arrive to Falwyn's camp. A guard on top of an etected wooden watchtower sounded a horn and various companies of men who had been working nearby assembled. As they came forward many of her men extended greetings to their allies. Stiff at first, but Falwyn was sure that the companies would build a slight comradire as they got some spirits into them. Still, some companies were keenly keeping seprate from the intermingling. They had duties to be on watch, nearby patroling, or other laborious duties. It was always a care to have caution in dealing with dangerous individuals, and Baba was certainly dangerous.

Falwyn would dismount calling in a loud voice to the men surrounding as a stableboy took the reigns of her horse to lead it off. "Let us entertain hospitality as we meet those who have served alongside us. Feast upon your righteous victory that you have earned! A glorious step to one unified realm!" Falwyn trailed off looking to Baba to see if any comments were to be had. She wasn't sure how Baba traditionally led her forces, but was keen to see an insight from the witch's words. Assuming that no drastic words were said the traviling minstrels of camp would begin playing various songs of folk and lore as the forces began their feast.

Falwyn gave a smile as they continued upon their path, "You honor me greatly. I would be glad to take him into my captivity. If he can serve the empire in our campaign to gain dominion over the sultanate I will make use of him. If he refuses to be cooperative... I will gladly give you the honors of the execution."

Falwyn would muse later along the trek, "What is your plan for dealing with Prince Cameran? I imagine if Everan counters it will be into Sabersval where they can encroach from two sides. They know little of my ambition for Gantar and will see us heavily entrenched here until I make a move and open a front into Bhiran. Something I intend to make careful preparations for."

Voyka shone her infamous grin as she chuckled, clearly appreciating the returning gesture, but she returned to her general smile as discussion on the campaign proper continued.

"I don't have a plan per say, other than to see if Erevyss blood really is blue," Voyka joked with implicit intentions, "but if you were to ask me what our priorities are, we would have three: ensuring the Prince is unable to retake any lost land, ensuring the Prince is not successful in reinforcing Martiel, and maintaining pressure on the Prince. The first assures their people continue to lose hope against our forces, the second guarantees it, and the third would seal Erevan's fate. Until then, however, we will be concentrated in Sabersval, unless we take Wyldsylvain, or you succeed in taking Bhiran, necessitating someone watch Sabersval in our absence, lest the Prince merely walk in," she elaborated, her tone making it clear she was serious.

"Tomorrow, my men and I will make our way back to Sabersval to assure that we maintain our grip there. Whether I go straight for the core, aid Vuldar in the west, or maintain the defense, will depend on how things go," she looked toward Falwyn as she neared the end, "if you succeed in breaking into Bhiran, inform us as soon as possible to ensure we fill in the gap. Yz, Borok, our Dark Lord or I could bolster whatever force you leave behind to watch Ysaval."

After the walk had finished they would arrive to Falwyn's camp. A guard on top of an etected wooden watchtower sounded a horn and various companies of men who had been working nearby assembled. As they came forward many of her men extended greetings to their allies. Stiff at first, but Falwyn was sure that the companies would build a slight comradire as they got some spirits into them. Still, some companies were keenly keeping seprate from the intermingling. They had duties to be on watch, nearby patroling, or other laborious duties. It was always a care to have caution in dealing with dangerous individuals, and Baba was certainly dangerous.

Falwyn would dismount calling in a loud voice to the men surrounding as a stableboy took the reigns of her horse to lead it off. "Let us entertain hospitality as we meet those who have served alongside us. Feast upon your righteous victory that you have earned! A glorious step to one unified realm!" Falwyn trailed off looking to Baba to see if any comments were to be had. She wasn't sure how Baba traditionally led her forces, but was keen to see an insight from the witch's words. Assuming that no drastic words were said the traviling minstrels of camp would begin playing various songs of folk and lore as the forces began their feast.

Voyka watched as her men mingled with Falwyn's men. She had beaten it into them to be generally friendly to those considered allies, so those that had been keenly embraced by their counterparts in the Dragonlord's forces returned their embrace in kind. Of course, some of her own men were focused on serious matters as well, namely those in the back bringing with them the imprisoned Abdolon, but her men were cheery enough to partake in some fun. They won't be joining in any drinking though, because the last thing they need is a self-induced civilian killing spree because a few lads got tipsy.

Voyka remained on her steed as Falwyn proclaimed properly. Voyka noted the look, and followed up with her own comments. "May this feast be the first of many, a glorious celebration of the success of our Dark Lord!" she exclaimed in a similarly loud tone, before dismounting from her steed. A stableboy approached her, but she waved him off, handing her goat to one of her men instead - a stable wasn't where her steed belonged in. To another of her men, she told him to inform those with Abdolon to hand him over to Falwyn's forces - he was in the dragon's hands now.

Voyka followed Falwyn thereafter, as various folk songs began to play in the background - she was sure to take seat near her, since she was sure there would be more things to discuss.

"I suppose you wouldn't mind me tagging along for some action? Been itching for a good fight."

Adanach grinned when the roguish knight voices his desire to join the coming battle. "If ye think ye got what it takes, then I don't see why not! Join our merry band of killers and murderers!" he said cheerfully as he got up from his throne and looked at his commanders. "Alright everyone, listen up!" he then shouted, catching everyone's attention. "Aidocugh's fortress is vast, housing half his tribe inside. The rest lay on the northern side, unprotected by the fort's stone walls." He looked to Faska, grinning. "As the main force sieges the fort, Faska... ye and yer goblins will raid the village. Its an orcish settlement, but most of the warriors will be in the fort to protect their chieftain..."

"I will not lead the first charge, I'll leave that honor to you, Carinoch..."
Adanach then said, turning towards a large, towering human wearing nothing. His privates were hidden behind a large Druadach shield. "You'll lead the Uirodusios and the Wolflings, show them the zeal of our army!" The leader of the naked fanatics nodded with a proud smile upon his face, honoured by Adanach's confidence in him. "I'll lead the second charge, but I want our Solduros to protect the minotaurs carrying the battering rams should our fanatics not be able to scale the defenses."

He looked then to the Voiceless: "Ye will lead the Solduros! Yer a deadly warrior, and yer armor might be as thick and strong as our richest and most devoted warriors." The Voiceless saw two Solduros commanders nodding respectfully. While not as disciplined as the Vestati and Yakal legions, it was undeniable that the Solduros were the most organized of the Druadach tribals.

"As for ye..." Adanach then muttered, looking to Dennor, Zavastria and Ystria. "Ye will follow me and my wife. Understood?"

Voyka shone her infamous grin as she chuckled, clearly appreciating the returning gesture, but she returned to her general smile as discussion on the campaign proper continued.

"I don't have a plan per say, other than to see if Erevyss blood really is blue," Voyka joked with implicit intentions, "but if you were to ask me what our priorities are, we would have three: ensuring the Prince is unable to retake any lost land, ensuring the Prince is not successful in reinforcing Martiel, and maintaining pressure on the Prince. The first assures their people continue to lose hope against our forces, the second guarantees it, and the third would seal Erevan's fate. Until then, however, we will be concentrated in Sabersval, unless we take Wyldsylvain, or you succeed in taking Bhiran, necessitating someone watch Sabersval in our absence, lest the Prince merely walk in," she elaborated, her tone making it clear she was serious.

"Tomorrow, my men and I will make our way back to Sabersval to assure that we maintain our grip there. Whether I go straight for the core, aid Vuldar in the west, or maintain the defense, will depend on how things go," she looked toward Falwyn as she neared the end, "if you succeed in breaking into Bhiran, inform us as soon as possible to ensure we fill in the gap. Yz, Borok, our Dark Lord or I could bolster whatever force you leave behind to watch Ysaval."
Falwyn silently took note of the return to Sabersval. It made sense to be with a consolidated force in the center, however it led her to believe it was a higher chance of Prince Cameran mounting a counter on her position. More the reason to spend her time here for a while. A dual front without any allies in Ysaval could turn quickly into a bad situation. Falwyn reassured at the end of Baba's message, "Of course, the advance in Bhiran will come with careful plans. Ones that won't allow the empires position in its conquest of Everan to be jeopardized."

Voyka watched as her men mingled with Falwyn's men. She had beaten it into them to be generally friendly to those considered allies, so those that had been keenly embraced by their counterparts in the Dragonlord's forces returned their embrace in kind. Of course, some of her own men were focused on serious matters as well, namely those in the back bringing with them the imprisoned Abdolon, but her men were cheery enough to partake in some fun. They won't be joining in any drinking though, because the last thing they need is a self-induced civilian killing spree because a few lads got tipsy.

Voyka remained on her steed as Falwyn proclaimed properly. Voyka noted the look, and followed up with her own comments. "May this feast be the first of many, a glorious celebration of the success of our Dark Lord!" she exclaimed in a similarly loud tone, before dismounting from her steed. A stableboy approached her, but she waved him off, handing her goat to one of her men instead - a stable wasn't where her steed belonged in. To another of her men, she told him to inform those with Abdolon to hand him over to Falwyn's forces - he was in the dragon's hands now.

Voyka followed Falwyn thereafter, as various folk songs began to play in the background - she was sure to take seat near her, since she was sure there would be more things to discuss.
Falwyn would lead Voyka to her command tent. It hadn't yet become to extravagance of her previous setup, but the markings of excess were still present as various furs lay upon the ground and her way to massive bed. In the heart of the room laid out a map of the known world. Markings of the various armies were laid out as wooden tokens, except of course, her own golden horde which had small intricately carved wooden dragons that stood up upon the map. It was continually updated as reports from the field gave news of success or defeat. She pulled from one of the tables nearby a bottle of aged white wine, one that she had claimed from the conquest of Ysaval. She poured it into a wine glass sipping the new taste. It wasn't the best, but its taste was sweetened by the conquest that claimed it.

"My forces will hold against any counter the Prince throws are way. With you pulling back to Sabersval I believe I will be the target of such advance. It isn't certain, but with our decisive victory I believe they will be thrashing out with desperation."

She moved over walking around the board gesturing as she mentioned locations "The northern fronts are going well, including Adanach and his conquest of the pagans. How has working with Borok and Yz been... never could understand the masked mans way of speech. Though his forces are effective enough."

After she heard the inital responses to her probes Falwyn would ask in curiosity, "What of your perspective on the Lacans campaign and the battles with Pianta and the theocracies in the south."

K0mori K0mori

Falwyn would meet with the Viper now in her captivity. He had been given proper treatment with a healthy meal being given to his cell as he was transfered over. She would go visiting the prisoner that had given such passion against her before.

She approached later in the night, she had made sure this area was under strict guard by her men. Not allowing the prying eyes of any visitors. She visited in one of her white silk robes, one that she intended to showcase her figure and entice, "Kande, I warned you of what would happen if you didn't bend the knee. Although the carnage I have inflicted I am sure has led you to hate me, you can be relieved to know I am doing as I said and ruling with fairness. I haven't been putting up any executions and the people are progressivey falling into line with being under my domion. But..." She leaned against the cage giving a small smile, "I saw your passion, your resroucefulness. Now there lays a choice before you. My ambition is for the conquest of the Sultan, you are from the deserts and would serve me greatly as a guide in the advance against Bhiran. And I would also like to see what that passion of yours could do in my bed." Falwyn gave out a small giggle, but soon turned her face to seriousness, "Of course the other option is your execution. I won't begrudge you for it or entact vengance against your people as a woman scorned." She let out an exsparated sigh, "That would be done by the witch however, I am sure you heard rumors of her execution methods in Sabersval. Would your people really want to see your body put up as a mockery?"

Falwyn would lead Voyka to her command tent. It hadn't yet become to extravagance of her previous setup, but the markings of excess were still present as various furs lay upon the ground and her way to massive bed. In the heart of the room laid out a map of the known world. Markings of the various armies were laid out as wooden tokens, except of course, her own golden horde which had small intricately carved wooden dragons that stood up upon the map. It was continually updated as reports from the field gave news of success or defeat. She pulled from one of the tables nearby a bottle of aged white wine, one that she had claimed from the conquest of Ysaval. She poured it into a wine glass sipping the new taste. It wasn't the best, but its taste was sweetened by the conquest that claimed it.

"My forces will hold against any counter the Prince throws are way. With you pulling back to Sabersval I believe I will be the target of such advance. It isn't certain, but with our decisive victory I believe they will be thrashing out with desperation."

"All depends on where they see their focus right now," Voyka responded, "As much as the Prince might see Ysaval as a prime target of attack with my return to Sabersval, he could just as much view such a maneuver as suspect. Think, if you wanted to draw out your enemy and expose them to a surprise attack, leaving one segment of the front 'weaker' on purpose would certainly draw them in," Voyka grinned. It was clear that wasn't her mindset regarding her return to Sabersval, rather just one of the many ways it could be interpreted.

She moved over walking around the board gesturing as she mentioned locations "The northern fronts are going well, including Adanach and his conquest of the pagans. How has working with Borok and Yz been... never could understand the masked mans way of speech. Though his forces are effective enough."

"Strenuous," Voyka exclaimed plainly. "Borok, as expected of a fellow long-time member of our forces, executed his attack perfectly. However, in discourse, he seems ill-interested in choosing sides unless he comes out on top. Very much an older breed, he is. Yz, that masked lunatic, they're tiring. They nearly compromised the attack by confronting Farandel ahead of our attack, by themselves, seemingly to try and get them on our side. They made up for that by aiding in capturing Farandel later," Voyka explained, taking the opportunity to further build on the white lie she had made, "They are absolutely worth keeping an eye on, however. They and I, we're of a similar breed. Absolutely lost in our element, with me embracing the brutality of the world, and them opting to induce insanity within it," Voyka gave a cheeky grin.

She wasn't afraid to share her honest thoughts at this point, especially when it came to Yz. It was important to make sure everyone was on the same page on the newcomers as soon as possible, to ensure proper cooperation.

After she heard the inital responses to her probes Falwyn would ask in curiosity, "What of your perspective on the Lacans campaign and the battles with Pianta and the theocracies in the south."

Voyka raised her eyebrow at the question, and looked over to the map, glancing at not just the western and southern fronts, but the northern and northeastern fronts too. She chuckled.

"I don't have much of a perspective on them." she answered earnestly, "I make sure I'm informed, and if the info is relevant, I implement it in my procedures on the front I'm on. Simple. You can't assure your supply is consistent if the only supplier is over sea, and the naval front has collapsed, as an example."

She began rubbing her chin. "But if I had to give some thoughts, it would be that the southern campaign is the most sensitive of all our campaigns right now. Too many variables to consider that could easily swing it either in our Dark Lord's favor, or the enemy's favor. In contrast, the western front only has to concentrate on variables contained solely to Lacans, and Tidiaus too to a lesser extent. A manageable amount," she began her analysis, "You can see that in action with the northern campaign, with the barbarian. He can concentrate solely on familiar variables, against an enemy that he knows, for he is just like them. And you have the complete opposite with the eastern front, with the unknowability of the desert..."

Voyka paused mid-sentence as she spoke of the eastern front, as if contemplating her next words, mourning what had happened, She shook her head. "You see my point."

Falwyn would meet with the Viper now in her captivity. He had been given proper treatment with a healthy meal being given to his cell as he was transfered over. She would go visiting the prisoner that had given such passion against her before.

She approached later in the night, she had made sure this area was under strict guard by her men. Not allowing the prying eyes of any visitors. She visited in one of her white silk robes, one that she intended to showcase her figure and entice, "Kande, I warned you of what would happen if you didn't bend the knee."

"And I told you," Kande replied, seated against the wall of his cell with one elbow resting against his knee, a man already waiting patiently for death, "that I would not abandon the people of Ysaval until I had done all I could to prevent their subjugation. So, here we are."

Although the carnage I have inflicted I am sure has led you to hate me, you can be relieved to know I am doing as I said and ruling with fairness. I haven't been putting up any executions and the people are progressively falling into line with being under my dominion."

Kande closed his eyes and smiled a bit. The dimmest glimmer of hope for the nation he failed seemed to play on his mind. "I had feared, when the last of my army was corned by that hag from the west, that the Empire would send its worst to rule here in the wake of our defeat. From the sound of it, I would assume that she plans to depart and leave you in control here, then."

But..." She leaned against the cage giving a small smile, "I saw your passion, your resourcefulness. Now there lays a choice before you. My ambition is for the conquest of the Sultan, you are from the deserts and would serve me greatly as a guide in the advance against Bhiran. And I would also like to see what that passion of yours could do in my bed."

Kande's brows lifted, and he glanced up again at her outfit and allowed the proposition to settle in. A chuckle escaped him, and he shook his head. "Mad woman..." he mumbled. "Were I inspired to do so, I'm certain I wouldn't disappoint- on either front. But I have no quarrel with Gantar that needs settling with Imperial steel."

Falwyn gave out a small giggle, but soon turned her face to seriousness, "Of course the other option is your execution. I won't begrudge you for it or entact vengance against your people as a woman scorned." She let out an exsparated sigh, "That would be done by the witch however, I am sure you heard rumors of her execution methods in Sabersval. Would your people really want to see your body put up as a mockery?"

Kande remained silent for a moment before speaking, slowly, and with conviction. "I am not a fanatic. If I refuse your offer, then it will only empower Briggun's cruelest impulses against the innocent." He then stood opposite Falwyn at the bars, his back straight. "...I accept."

Pre-Battle
Estro read the letter sent from Alexandre and hands it off to Valdin who begins to read it over as Estro stands and walks towards the table with his map and markers. He makes a gesture as the board starts to shift and shuffle pieces about. The Cult of Zo armies are now positioned on Kaula's border, ready to surge in as the damaged forces of Alexandre can be seen shifting to obviously engage with the forces of Jakabo.

"So its happening," Valdin stated as he walks over to join Estro at the table to regard their forces. Here and there markers appeared where their caches had been quietly built up with merchant traffic through various proxies hired and utilized by Baskerville to prepare for potential offensives or cult operations within enemy territories. There were their own hidden supplies in the Bone Coast as well to ensure they were prepared for a surprise attack by the likes of Sergius or even Jakabo himself, but the militia commander had remained oblivious to the presence of the Imperial Wizard and his cult armies.

"Yes, Alexandre will launch a strike on dear bold Jakabo and if successful, will leave his vulnerable to our superior numbers and Civicerian support. Sergius will at least feel more in control of the situation when I do this. And the terms Alexandre offer are suitable," Estro muses as with gestures of his fingers starts to reposition more pieces with a certain dark glee in his green inhuman eyes.

"We could just seize the province for ourselves. It would certainly please the Dominion while giving us operational space for our plans along their border," Valdin said as he walks around the table to examine it more as his master continues to make adjustments.

"We could, yes. Yet that is what Sergius likely wants, and I intend to complicate things for him. Letting the leeches take Kaula, or more handing it over to them after we display our magnificent martial prowess, will position them to flank Bolia. It also will please Briggun on some level after all the setbacks that have played out so far to know that I am still as ever his dependable problem solver."

"Court politics, to think we still must play them," Valdin grumbles some as he picks up a piece from Jakabo's forces that bore the man's likeness as his command icon.

"There will always be such things, Valdin. Briggun is already likely fuming over the setbacks. Delivering him one piece of good news is best. It reminds him why I am his Imperial Wizard. Why he can rely upon me to deal with situations. Securing more of the coastline also means we'll have more room for dealing with the damnable Piantian Navy. Leaving Kaula to the vampires also helps out plans," Estro noted as he looks over to Valdin with a bit of a savage grin.

"Because it will drive far more refugees into Bolia..." Valdin said as he sets the piece down with a look of realization.

"In one fell swoop, not only will I ensure our forces are more stable in the South to catch our breaths, I will POUR every bit of human debris I can into Bolia. Sergius will obviously do his slow and stable processing... which will build up pressures at the borders. And all those Piantians will be building up the urge for the Patricians... to make use of them. Which in turn makes the Plebians more wary. The fuel for the fire will build up, no matter how hard Sergius tries to stem the flow. His merchants need our business and with all this chaos, we look like we need it," Estro said with a bit of a laugh as he gestures to conjure paper and quill floating in the air. Already his response to Alexandre was writing across it in glowing letters before they cooled to simply black marks.

"Send this missive to Alexandre at once. Then prepare to attack!"

Aftermath
The field was littered with bodies, some Cult of Zo troops but many more were Piantian militia that had followed Jakabo Gratini in his efforts to protect Kaula from the Saarus invasion. Here and there were signs of battle and smoking craters were Estro had strode the field and personal unleashed his own arcane might upon the hapless troops of his foes in a display of power to break their lines.

Jakabo Gratini himself was dragged towards a pavilion tent that had various cult troops moving about. He was left standing, preserving some semblance of dignity, though he was bloody and his armor tattered after that fighting. He looks about seeing the banners of the empire and the Cult of Zo with a slightly bewildered look. He pales some as the tent flaps are pulled open and Estro Dorozan comes strolling out, his dark robes flapping about him. The Imperial Wizard knew how to put on a show when he wanted and this was one of those moments as he approaches Jakabo as the ground before him transmutes into a blood red carpet to guard his steps from the filth of the battlefield. Jakabo had to shift his feet as the carpet extends to beneath his own.

"The Imperial Wizard," Jakabo declared as he attempted to meet the gaze of Estro and those green eyes of his.

"Jakabo Gratini," Estro replied with a calm smile as he was utterly in control here.

"Since when does Briggun's pet wizard come this far South? Shouldn't you be up North, holding his cape or something?" Jakabo spat out defiantly as he considered that this was going to be the end of him. He wasn't going to beg. At last it wasn't the damn vampires that had gotten him. Though his stomach churns suddenly as he realized Estro could send him the to dreaded labs of the cult.

"Briggun has a goblin for that," Estro replied casually as he steps closer to regard the man who had managed to bloody Alexandre's forces. Who had required him to step in and crush him to ensure the South had some semblance of victory to avoid the total wrath of Briggun. "I solve his problems. You were a problem. I have solved you. The question is what to do with you?"

"Don't jerk me around, wizard. If you're going to kill me, just do it. I've seen my army broken, my men scattered. I've failed Kaula," Jakabo spat out with defiance as he finds his courage even before a man he probably should have been terrified of. A very Piantian response. Pride even in the end.

"You have, but who could blame you for faltering? The Oligarchs failed you, did they not? They left you up here lacking support, relying upon what was here and desperate. You had the wit and ability to turn back an undead host. That... is rare talent. Few survive such an encounter, let alone bloody the foe enough they have to retreat. Yet, here you are before me," Estro said as he starts to walk around Jakabo as the fallen commander glares at the gloating wizard.

"Get to the point, I've not got all day for banter. You can go stroke your ego in front of a damn mirror," Jakabo growls some as he watches the man like one watches a stalking predator. One snap of those fingers could probably kill him and he would just as soon provoke it and get this done with.

"You misunderstand. I was applauding you, despite the rage it caused me and likely Briggun. Admittedly, dear Alexandre seemed to learn from your bold moves and struck back. Leaving you open to me. So now I have a question for you. Are you so eager to die, or would you like to see what comes next? To be part of things and perhaps... avenge yourself upon the Oligarchs and that rakish bastard on the waves who left you all alone to fend for yourself?"

"You're joking, you're trying to recruit me?" Jakabo looks a bit floored as he regards Estro while the wizard continues his pacing orbit of his prisoner.

"Zero Origin doesn't care where you're from, Jakabo. I would embrace you as anyone else if you choose to join me. Fight under my banner. You're a seasoned leader and I feel it would be a waste to throw away that potential... plus we both know you're a survivor, don't we?" Estro steps in behind him, gloved hands on his shoulders as he whispers that last part into his ear.

"I should tell you to go to hell," Jakabo said grimly as as he stiffened at how closely the wizard was to him now. "But I'm listening..."

"I thought you might be open to my offer. Besides, we both know your fate with me is better than what Rocher and her ilk will do to you. I was going to give you to them... but I decided to be a little greedy considering Kaula is about to fall under their jurisdiction. So instead I'll give you something better. Join me and save what people you can. Already other survivors are being offered the opportunity to convert which will admittedly help replenish the losses from our battle. And then help me with something larger. Help me break the Dominion," Estro whispers still into his ear as he remains close and makes his temptation.

"You're insane, but better a mad man than a monster... If it'll save even one of my people, I accept," Jakabo said and bowed his head a little. He wasn't a coward but he also wasn't a fanatic and knew he might still have a few more years now to live even if now under the thumb of the dreaded Wizard of Zo.

Estro just smiles and comes around, surprising Jakabo with an embrace.

"Welcome to the fold. What works we shall see together. Now come, let us get you cleaned up and outfitted in proper cult officer gear."

Among the wreckages washed ashore on the Bone coast

"Can either of you tell me what in the bloody 'ells happened?" Sawtooth yelled in frustration. He had dived into the waters from his own raft to rescue the only two familiar crew members he could find. Of course one of them had to be the damn gremlin.

"Torpedo happened." Uripa finally said as she was done coughing up the salt water. "The damn blowhard led another raid and struck directly at the heart of Cordia's fleet. He did what nobody thought would be possible. He killed her."

"Not really." Gribbs raised a hand. The other two looked at him. Uripa with confusion and Sawtooth with...something else that wasn't disgust for once. "I was there at their confrontation. In her cabin, they locked sabers. Magic was thrown all over the place. Sparks flew. I think at one point she even started flirting with him to distract him, calling her little..."

"NOT ANOTHER WORD ABOUT THAT!" Crassus cut him off.

"The fight. What happened?"

"Right. Well, he must have figured out she had a philactery and struck it to break the thing and this happened." The gremlin motioned to the remains of the shattered fleet "She's not dead though. I know because I would be too."

"Of course the both of you are connected." Uripa let out a frustrated sigh "Then its possible to get her back?"

"Maybe?" Gribbs shrugged "I don't know how these things work, but as of right now, the boss is gone."

"So is the Butcher's blade." Crassus thought about it "When I was coming back from me own failled assault, I dived to save you both. No sign of the ship down there. Or anywhere."

"Could it have been captured?"

"No. That thing has a mind of its own. If Torpedo had tried, it would have eaten him alive. I think...I think its with Cordia in...whenever the captin went."

"What do we do now?"

"We?" Crassus scoffed "There is no we, lass." He put his hat back on. "My business with you was on that ship and if its gone, I got no bussiness with you anymore." The sharkman turned around.

"You're just going to leave us here?" Uripa shouted in anger "You damn finn breathing bottom feeder!"

"See you on the waves, lass." He raised a hand to wave without turning back.

"Bastard!" Uripa breathed in deep before collecting her thoughts. There was still somewhere she could go...hopefully. She turned in the opposite direction of Crassus and walked her own path along the sand.

"Hey hey! Wait up!" The gremlin chassed after her. "You'll need supplies!"
---
Kaula, before the slaugter

"Lady Alexandre will not be attending the battle it seems."

"This is...unprecedented."

"Seems to be some affliction thats been spreading in recent weeks."

"Is it one of ours?"

"Nay."

"Fine, I'll do this myself." Illfis. A climber in the armies of Kaula when amongs the living, but was cut down in his prime during the bloody campaigns. His ambitions seemed to have been over, but Rocher had other plans for him. Why let a perfectly good commander go to waste? In undeath, the man was released from such restraints as mercy and honor. There was only the glory of Rocher now.

This battle was going to be his first ride side by side with the Thristing herself, yet she was gone and her forces were in dissaray as a result. This wasn't good, not good at all. The Kaula infestation were to catch on soon and rally to push them back again. Illifis had arrainged a couple of surprises to be deployed in the field to gain favor, but now it seemed that they would be used to ensure this army doesn't fall apart.

"Fall in line!" The commander shouted from atop his pale pale horse "Battle formations!" The bone soldiers and thralls didn't take much time to do what they were told. "Hold them in the valley and not one step back. Any of them break through and I'll have your souls crushed!"

"Where are we to move, sire?" Tristan, his loyal second asked. "The cavalry is prepared."

"Follow me." Tristan nodded as he signalled the bone chargers to follow their liege. Soon enough, the horns of battle would be heard. The Kaulan froces appeared over the horizon from the top of the hill. Chivalrous knights, honorable men at arms and many more conscripted soldiers all saw the undead host before them. And they saw the cavalry running away. There was no sign of any of the Rocher high command. This army headless and gutless. A perfect opportunity to weken the evil bitch.

The heroes charged down the hill and threw themselves at the undead. Blinded to the ruse Illifis had layed out. A second horn was heard and the undead horsemen and death knights turned around, splitting into two groups. From the Rocher camp a disaster was being prepared. Illifis had gained a moniker among his new allies-Blightspreader. The necromancers commanded their thralls to pick up foul smelling concoctions and guzzle them down. Their bellies glowed with a eerie light as they started to run towards the Kaulan soldiers.

The unaware men at arms began to cut down these new maddened enemies that charged from the backs for the undead horde, thinking them another desperate ploy. They were the first victims of the new weapon. The undead began to explode in a corrosive bile that ate through cloth, leather and poor quality metal. Those who tried to fight back without using blade or mace found out that it was pointless as the vile creatures vomited the same concoction on them. Not even the nobility could escape. The dripping evil poured through the knights eye slots and blinded them. Those who died instantly were the lucky ones the rest were those that survived the painful process of their skin melting off the bone.

"THEY'RE COMING BACK!" A Kaulan scout cried out as the undead cavalry made their return.

"BREAK THEIR WILL!"

"SHOW THEM NO MERCY! ROUND THEM UP! LOOK INTO THEIR EYES AS THEY BEG FOR THEIR LIVES!" The lighter troops had quickly made their way to the enemy archers and had begun their part of the massacre. The death knights had moved to smash into the enemy's back. The Kaulans began to understand what was happening. They were led into a trap and now a circle of death was tightening around them. "COUP DE GRACE!" Illifis cried out as his hand was raised. A death knight blew a third horn. From the camp, the necromancers were in the second phase of his plan. The dead that had fallen in the battle on both sides began to stir. A mass ressurection spell had been cast. Whatever Kaulan forces remained were no screaming in terror as their comrades joined the undead hordes and were looking to feast.

Last edited:
"Strenuous," Voyka exclaimed plainly. "Borok, as expected of a fellow long-time member of our forces, executed his attack perfectly. However, in discourse, he seems ill-interested in choosing sides unless he comes out on top. Very much an older breed, he is. Yz, that masked lunatic, they're tiring. They nearly compromised the attack by confronting Farandel ahead of our attack, by themselves, seemingly to try and get them on our side. They made up for that by aiding in capturing Farandel later," Voyka explained, taking the opportunity to further build on the white lie she had made, "They are absolutely worth keeping an eye on, however. They and I, we're of a similar breed. Absolutely lost in our element, with me embracing the brutality of the world, and them opting to induce insanity within it," Voyka gave a cheeky grin.

She wasn't afraid to share her honest thoughts at this point, especially when it came to Yz. It was important to make sure everyone was on the same page on the newcomers as soon as possible, to ensure proper cooperation.

Falwyn gave a snort as Voyka relayed the information that Yz had decided to confront Farandel before the attack. Such action could of led to the discovery and collapse of the whole tunnel system. But that was a moot point considering the victory that had latter been accomplished. Falwyn small laugh as Voyka grinned in her comparison to Yz. She didn't believe for a second that Voyka would believe herself to be as Yz and she would retort, "Brutality has valuable uses, insanity only causes confusion and chaos." She said with a slight disgust, "I will remain cautious, I would rather not allow my ambitions to be prophezized to the enemy as it seems he almost did."

Voyka raised her eyebrow at the question, and looked over to the map, glancing at not just the western and southern fronts, but the northern and northeastern fronts too. She chuckled.

"I don't have much of a perspective on them." she answered earnestly, "I make sure I'm informed, and if the info is relevant, I implement it in my procedures on the front I'm on. Simple. You can't assure your supply is consistent if the only supplier is over sea, and the naval front has collapsed, as an example."

She began rubbing her chin. "But if I had to give some thoughts, it would be that the southern campaign is the most sensitive of all our campaigns right now. Too many variables to consider that could easily swing it either in our Dark Lord's favor, or the enemy's favor. In contrast, the western front only has to concentrate on variables contained solely to Lacans, and Tidiaus too to a lesser extent. A manageable amount," she began her analysis, "You can see that in action with the northern campaign, with the barbarian. He can concentrate solely on familiar variables, against an enemy that he knows, for he is just like them. And you have the complete opposite with the eastern front, with the unknowability of the desert..."

Voyka paused mid-sentence as she spoke of the eastern front, as if contemplating her next words, mourning what had happened, She shook her head. "You see my point."

Falwyn considered the words as Voyka spoke. The South did have lots of variability, but the further away you were from a situation the more your judgement would have to be estimations. As she spoke of Falwyn's own campaign she would have a response, "Yes, I will remain perceptive in my ambition. Age can lead to wisdom, but also overconfidence." The ending statement was a reminder that Falwyn had experinced lots, if only a young dragon. She sipped her wine before collecting herself, "We should now get some food ourselves, yes?"

Falwyn would for a while sit with Voyka in the feast exchanging pleasantries and making a good show of unity. She would give a last statement to Voyka before slipping away to check on some matter as female drow Linota had come up and whispered to her, "Looks as if I have matters to attend to. Please do keep me informed of any developments that occur in Sabersval." It was to Voyka's own judgement if this was a serious matter, or rather Falwyn having planned an excuse to partake in indulging herself.

After the nights gathering the two companies would say there goodbyes as Falwyn would address Voyka on the matter of Kande. "The viper was receptive to my words. I hope that doesn't put too much a sour on your departure. I wish you good hunting in your campaign against the prince." She'd give a smile with a nod as the troops of Voyka would begin their return to Sabersval.

Kaula, Days after the slaughter

"She's not coming out?" Illifis asked as he looked up to the tower's stairs leading to the private chambers of the Thirsting lady. The apochateries, mages, necromancers and assorted other experts looked to each other with a bit of worry. They had maintained enough of their independance in unlife to do that at least. "Well? Out with it."

"We...aren't sure if its related to anything that happened out at sea or if its another affliction entirely."

"What do you mean by out at sea?"

"When Cordia's fleet sank my liege. There was a major release of foul energy and some of the walking dead were...affected somehow."

"Are you telling me that the sea witch's demise send shockwaves across all deadkind?" Illifis sounded confused by his own question before he burst into laughter "What nonsense. A vast majority of our people and soldiers are unnafected. I haven't heard word of any of the other armies suffering from such a thing. You'd think Lord Izaac would have send a warning or something." Like as if a switch was flipped his tone changed and he grabbed the mage that suggested the notion by the neck and lifted her up "I will not have the letigious rumor that the glory of Rocher is sullied by the pained screams of a hag playing sea captain." The grip tightened "And if I hear the very notion entertained again I will strike your pathetic unlife out of existance." He let go and the mage fell to the ground. "This goes for the rest of you. We are not tied to anyone else's fate but our own."

"The rest of her inner circle is suffering from the same problem it seem, lord." The apochatery next to him spoke "Non of them are bedridden, but they refuse to leave their dwellings and quarters. As if they're in a waking coma."

"Do they still feed?"

"Yes...but the spark is missing."

"Well then its obvious isn't it?" The group were confused by what he meant, but the lord had en explanation ready. Illithis motioned to Tristan to come forward. "Tristan, we appear to be in a dire crisis of leadership. The head of Rocher has been effectively cut off and we are leaderless. A foul plot by enemy mages from Piantia has paralized our lady and her court." The mages and apochateries were visibly stunned. How did he come to that conclusion?

"Piantia, ser?"

"You're right. Could be Weildach for all we know. The living are crafty and dangerous foes."

"What shall we do then?"

"My friend, it falls to us to pick up the mantle and fight for Rocher and the Empire." He placed both hands on Tristan's shoulders "Can I trust you to stand by me in this difficult time?"

"It would be my honor." The death knight bowed his head.

"Good! Spread the word to the counts, the dukes and their bannermen. The knights of the Withered Rose will cut a path of blood and carnage through our enemies."
---
A week later

Uripa and Gribbs finally arrived at the gates of Paestrum. The infamous citadel didn't seem as it was descibed to them from those they talked to. It was still a sight of terror, but there was a certain falir to it. For one thing, Uripa did not expect this many wagons full of alchemical materials and reagents to be stockpiled in the city. Another striking change from what the people say is the severe lack of corpses hung up as decorations. Did Alexandre tire of that aesthetic choice or was it fabrication? Not even a bloodstain on the church or cathedral. Something was off.

"The living rarely make it this far, my dear." A voice sounded to her left as a death knight approached. "Judging by your attire and companion, I'd wager you are imperial?"

"Yes...I was part of Cordia's fleet. As you can see, I rather stick with the empire than risk it with the others."

"Smart. The Emperor's justice would have come for your head had you chosen to desert his armies. A shame losing such a lovely thing that would be."

"I was part of Cordia's inner circle. Both of us actually. I want to speak to lady Alexandre..."

"That is impossible, I'm afraid. The Thirsting one has been...rendered incapable to lead for now." She clasped his hands "But fear not, the reagent lord will surely hear you out."

"Reagent lord?"

"Yes, lord Illifis the Blightspreader has taken it upon himself to lead us in this dire time." Suddenly the discrepencies made sense. Uripa started to have second thoughts about this. "Come. He's currently in the keep." The drow followed the horsewoman through Paestrum and she noticed more changes. The banners that the troops carried was different than the one she remembered in the capital. The undead soldiers that were on patrol carried vials or bottles of some undentified elixirs. Laborers were busy sculpting the walls and buildings into a different shapes and architercture. Were they planning to make this city livable? "We're here." They finally stopped at the keep of the citadel. "Just walk inside. His lordship is working on some personal projects."

"Thank you." Uripa said as she motioned to an uncertain Gribbs to follow her. The guards let them pass unhindered and one with decorated armor oppened the gates for them. Inside they heard the pulling of strings and a woman trying to compose a song. Her voice in stark contrast to the rest of this place was a pleasant. It briefly reminded Uripa of Cordia's singing.

"Do you think you can work in my orders in the song, my dear?"

"They were rather simple from what you told me. I believe I can work them in." She plucked the strings on her harp as she tried to sing the lyrics in her mind.

Fall in line, battle formations
Show no fear, riding them down
Break their will, show them no mercy

"You know, better not." Illific waved a hand in a dismissive motion "Songwritting is not my forte." He chuckled as he turned his attention to his guests. "Selene, leave us for a short while." The bard stopped what she was doing, bowed and left the lord's hall. "I regret not noticing you sooner."

"Ehh, we didn't wait long. Plus her voice was pretty."

"Yes. I assume you're envoys from some parts of the empire. From the necromancy practically dripping from you my dear, I'd assume lady Veno has started dabbling in that art now, but yet you wear a naval uniform. What's left of it at least. Cordia's fleet?"

"About the only ones left of it, yes."

"Ah, shame." He faked concern as he reached to the table nearby "She was holding the sea for us and with the fleet gone, we lost control of the waves. But what can you do with pirates compared to a navy. Wine or brandy?" He held two bottles in his hands.

"Wine would be greatly appreciated."

"Can I have the brandy?"

"I suppose you'd be looking for work with some of us?"

"I was hoping that maybe I can offer my talents to lady Alexandre, but that doesn't seem like an option now." She took the glass she was offered. "Your knight informed me why you were..."

"You're the new boss and you took to it really quick. So about that brandy?"

"Yes...the new boss." He poured brandy for the creature and passed it a goblet of the lowest quality he could find. "Im afraid that you cannot help the Thirsting lady as of now. But I can always make room in my roster for another necromancer."

"I'm afraid that my branch differs from what you are looking for."

"Really? Do tell."

"You seem to be of the alchemical side of things. What your people call you, Blightspreader. I can only summerise that you're interested in brewing diseases and plagues. My field is more traditional and well...I like to sew things together."

"Ah, a bone sculpter?"

"And flesh shaper." She sipped from the glass of wine "Much as I would want to settle in here, I believe that I'd just divert your resources."

"What do you mean? You know I can just copy most regents you need right?" Uripa looked at Gribs with anger. The vile little creature only shrugged and he drank.

"Well, not everything. You have a hard time copying rare ingredients."

"Sounds rather useful still." Illifis looked at the gremlin "So he can replicate things?"

"Yep. Was Cordia's quartermaster because of it." Gribbs grinned, revealing a horrific maw.

"You want him in your service? I can use reprieve from his presence. His chittering is annoying beyond belief."

"Easily fixed by sowing his lips together." Illifis finally drank from his cup "Now, I do wonder why you're trying to skirt away from service under my wing? Am I that intimidating? Surely I am more welcoming than Alexandre ever was. Or maybe you don't trust me?"

"I have goals ser and I just don't believe I can achieve them under your house." The answer didn't seem to satisfy him. The charming demeanor seemed to drain away from his face. "Its about as simple as I can put it."

"Young lady, I don't have the patience for this. I welcome you, I offer you wine and just want a simple answer. Yet I can't even have that? I'm tempted to have you gutted from ears to split for wasting my time, but I am in a good mood and you have given me a rather useful gift and frankly, that would be a great waste and I rather not." Gribbs did his best to shove his face in the goblet to avoid eye contact "You may go. Keep your secrets and your wims. We will meet again however and when we do, I will want answers from you." His more joious mood seemed to have actually returned.

"Maybe you'll get them." Uripa finished her glass and bowed to the lord reagent. He may have some charm, but there was definetly a hunger underneath that mask. It rivals that of Cordia, yet she couldn't tell if he was in control of his or it controlled him. She wasn't too eager to find out. "Till then, lord Illifis." She turned around and left.

"May the Red sun guide you." He lifted his cup in a toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back