The Curse

RobinDenstro

The Overseer
Power is a curse. Anyone that tells you differently has never tasted it.

View attachment 11755

Power.

Power is sovereign, imminent. Everyone shares different shards of the past, six different people, all granted the strength and weaknesses of the six fragments of power;

Fire, the unending force of flame, is one of the more hated forms of power. Fire is unending; a curse which cannot be controlled. Those who abide by it associate themselves with the Sun, and usually have traits of Anger, Passion, Pride, Rash Actions, and Lack of Self Control.

Stone, masters of endurance and defense, cannot be moved or swayed. Stone is control, prominence, eternal; they will not move for anyone but themselves. Associated with the Earth, they are Bold, Protective, Stubborn, Resilient, and rather Foolish.

Ice, such wonders of beauty and grace, embodied in something so cold and heartless. Though their face and voice shows such pure beauty, they are easily swayed to betray. Akin with the Moon, those of Ice are rather Beautiful, Graceful, Delicate, Manipulative, Heartless, and Cold.

Darkness, kin of shadows and death, are commonly mistaken and forgotten. Commonly wanting someone to share in their pain and fears, people fear them so. Their appearances are so hideous, so horrid, that none wish to merely speak with them. Kindred with the Night, those of Darkness are commonly Fearful, Introverted, Silent, Loving, and Careful.

Illusion, the art of the mind, is hated by all those who know of it. A dark art, which can only hardly be used, causes such a bent nation to devote their thoughts and study to the craft. Intertwined with the stars, those of Illusion are Knowledgeable, Cruel, Self Righteous, Deceptive, and Narcissistic.

Spark, the representation of electricity and lightning, is the outward force of power. Influenced by one of humanity's purest forms of power, they can easily be swayed by their thoughts. Because of this, they have a prominent double personality, and may even hear voices. Illustrated by the Day, members of the Spark are always Indecisive, Impartial, Belligerent, Naive, and Two Faced.

Though these six nations have fought constantly, another force has pushed into the conflict. Calling themselves "Master's of the Fragments," they say that they have come from the depths of the Earth to reclaim their rightful power. Striking with such a great army, they now head to every nation, seeking the fragment which they hold. Forced to begrudgingly join together, the nations of six have fought against the enemy. But at what cost?

Rules

The rules are simple;

1) No Godmodding.

2) Note that you
cannot summon the powers of your nation. You can't shoot lightning out of your hand or summon a wall of earth. However, such an ability is possible. In situations of pure anger or passion, you can use the power of your nation, using it against your enemy. Again, this is rare.

3) One exception to rule 2; those of Illusion can read minds and use basic telekinesis once in a while. But again, not very often.

4) Keep Violence, Romance, and Language PG-13. Okay?

5) Refrain from trailing off from the story-line. Otherwise, we might not go very far very fast.

6) If there's something wrong with your character sheet, please don't fight with me over it.

Character Sheet

Name -

Age - (18+ please. It doesn't make sense for anyone younger than that to be going out to war, thank you)

Gender -

Nation - (One of the Six listed in the history above)

Personality - (Follow the traits of the nation, and pick one to focus on. Being "cocky" or "level-headed" is not allowed)

Appearance - (Pictures are best, though a description works as well. Make sure that your clothes are rather modest, okay?)

History - (A history about your character. The war started 10 years ago, and things have gotten rather destructive 2 years ago)

Weakness - (Everyone has one. It doesn't have to be horrible, just prominent. It has to come up from time to time. Mental scar, regret, fear of something, etc.)

Name - Yoru

Age - 18

Gender - Female

Nation - Illusion

Personality - Yoru is always quiet, except for when she uses her words to form her illusions, and a few, but rare occasions. She is a master at creating her small worlds to trap others in, slowly making those insane. She feels most in control when she uses her powers, because she can control the colors, how fast or slow the time changes, and anything she wants. Her illusions are different than most, partially because she can choose whether to mess with the persons sight, hearing, feeling(touch), but not all three at once. Her expression rarely can ever be seen changed, and she is very calm and takes things serious.

Appearance -

She is very short and she can never remove her horns because of a promise she made when she was younger and first had them forced onto her. She has long silver hair and pale blue eyes, and has always looked rather child-like.

History - There was once a day when she did have feeling. She wears her horns, because the only memory she has, before her last guardians died, is that some one told her that she was never allowed to get her horns removed. They were surgically attached to her skull, constructed with a stone that feels like bone, as an experiment for one of the many people she has lived with in her life since her parents died. They sealed her powers down to a lower level of strength, though she is still considered very strong and powerful when using her powers. In fact, she started to be considered one of the strongest users of her power when she was 15, so she was requested to join when she reached 18. People believe she is a demon, and that there is nothing good about her, and she is feared whenever there is a witness of her illusions.

Weakness - She is horrible at fighting physically, so she can never fight alone, unless in a one-to-one, because she can only create illusions for up to five people at once, and they all have to be in her sight, without her turning her head to see another.

(I do not know why, but I am always fascinated by your ideas for an rp. Is that weird?)

Angelo Auveille

Age - 24

Gender - Male

Nation - Frost

Personality - As he is both graceful and composed, Angelo displays great arrogance and vanity. In his eyes, everyone around him is simply a tool, a mundane means to an end. With this in mind, he shows no sympathy for others, and often uses wit and sarcasm to play with friend and foe alike.

Appearance -

History - At one time, Angelo was whimsical and light-hearted. But overtime, he was ridiculed and tormented by his peers because he was in a way "showing that he had a heart." But over time, Angelo changed dramatically as a person. Before anyone had the chance to pick on him, he had got each and every one of his tormentors back by tormenting them either physically, psychologically, or both methods if it pleased him. His peers began to call him "Frost-Heart Angel" for his great control with his powers and his heartless and sadistic attitude. When he turned 15, Angelo was offered the chance to join, and took the offer stating he had nothing much better to do.

Weakness - Angelo's weakness pertains to his past memories before he became the person he is now, and when the memory comes up, it brings him to tears.

Name - Kaede Maro

Age - 22

Gender - Female

Nation - Darkness

Personality - Kaede is a kind, caring, and gentle individual. She prefers to have things orderly and systematic. Kaede is highly intuitive and she puts a tremendous amount of faith into her intuitions. Kaede has insight into people and situations. Kaede is very guarded about what she shares with people. Sometimes she can't explain why she feels a certain way, so she doesn't give much information on her inner self away. Kaede is deep, complex, and difficult to understand. She is quite private as well. She is very concerned about people's feelings and are very gentle to avoid hurting anyone. She is highly sensitive to conflict and doesn't deal with it very well. She internalizes much of her stress and anger. She rarely takes time to revel in her accomplishments, believing that she can always improve something. She has a strong value system. She will never compromise her ideals. She is patient, devoted, and protective. She is very quiet, rarely speaking. She is also very introverted in general. The one thing that most people associate her with is introversion.

Appearance - here

History - Kaede was raised with her parents and younger sister in a modest home. She and her sister were best friends and were never separated. Becca has always been very closed-off as a person but, when her sister died, she wouldn't even open up to her parents any longer. She knows that she's a confusing and complicated girl. All she really wants is some sort of companionship but it's hard for her to get close to people. Kaede's family began to fall apart with the unexpected death of her sister. The disease that took her sister also destroyed her family. It's painful for her to think about her family. She isn't much of a fighter and doesn't necessarily have the stomach for fighting but this was a way for her to try and escape her broken family and try to do something productive with her life.

Weakness - Kaede has an intense fear of the unknown. She is easily stressed out and often gets overly anxious. Also, her younger sister died at a young age and that's something that has never left her mind. Mention of her family is also a very painful subject.

Name: Sanz Vurrein

Nation: Stone

Personality: Sanz is as stubborn and immovable as any mountain could ever be. Once he has decided on something it is nigh-on impossible to change his mind. He is extremely protective of others. This forms the core of his personality, to the point of being idiotic about it. If he can protect someone, he will. He often berates people for being foolish with their lives, then the next second will push himself to the brink of death to save someone else. In normal conversation, he is usually quiet. He doesn't speak unless he has something important to say.

Appearance: View attachment 11919

History: Sanz's family was killed when he was relatively young. He has cursed that day ever since. Not because his family was taken away, but because he was unable to prevent it. He has spent every waking our of his life forging his body into a living shield. If he can defend someone he will. He has suffered numerous injuries over the years, to the point where he actually can withstand a little bit more force than one would expect.

Weaknesses: His drive to protect borders on the obsessive, and he will jump in the way of anything. This covers everything from fists, to blade, to bullets, to freaking explosions. To him, his body is nothing more than a shield, and will clearly try to block something even if his body cannot handle it.

Name: Elliot

Nation: Fire

Personalty: Elliot rarely thinks things through before doing anything; she tends to rush into situations and is very impatient. She doesn't like being told what to do and is a very loud person. When angry, she'll pick an argument with just about anyone. If she gets the chance to care about someone then she'll care about them deeply and completely, even putting her own life above theirs.

Appearance:
Red.jpg

History: Both of her parents died in the war when she was a small child, leaving her older brother to raise her himself when he was no more than a teen. He constantly expressed an intense hatred for the other nations and was always angry for one reason or another, shaping the way Elliot grew up. Then one day her older brother quite literally 'dropped dead' and no one really knows why. She promised herself to find out what really happened to him.

Weakness: Everytime she uses her nations power, her internal organs burn a little bringing her slightly closer to death, though she doesn't know this.

Sorry that I have not replied sooner. To everyone that made a character; You're all accepted (except for Aria Rising, for reasons I will point out soon)! However, there is something I wish to point out; the use of your powers should be rare. Though I enjoy your creative use of abilities, please, do not focus on your nation's talents and elements to win your fights. No one has control over their powers, and thus cannot use them at will. Only through passion or fear can your powers be used, and can hardly be controlled.

That being said, [MENTION=4375]Aria Rising[/MENTION], your character is a bit too powerful at this point. As I stated in the various descriptions, Illusion has a bit more control over their power then the other nations, thanks to a strict desire to study their arts. However; your character is simply way too powerful. So powerful, that I'm invoking the rule of "No Godmodding" into your character. So, unless you decide to greatly minimize your character's abilities, you will not be allowed to join the role-play. I apologize.

Given that, I will start the role-play soon. Prepare yourselves!

Name - Ebony Balenio

Age - 24

Gender - Female

Nation - Spark

Personality - Ebony Belanio, to others her personality appears harsh and rough, but very down to earth. She isnt flipped in her actions and seems like she know what shes doing half the time.

But there are some people who really see Ebony for what she really is, Two-Faced: Marked by deliberate deceptiveness, especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another.

I.E. Ebony may be hurt by what that girl said about her, she accepts an apology and goes on if nothing ever happened. When really shes digging up dirty little secrets about your life

and waits for the right moment to expose you, it comes out of nowhere... like lightning, strikes you at your very core.

Appearance - View attachment 12128

History - Ebony was but 14 years old when the great war started, she could remember it all so clearly. That day was a horrible day, but it wasnt as bad as it was now...

Back then she had friends she could trust, a family to hold her close and tell her everything was going to be okay, a life and hope to hold onto when all seemed lost.

Now- now all of that is gone, her father and mother, brother and sister, best friend and lover....they were all called to help. Why? The Belanio family had been training fighters

for years, they had their own campus and students, but as the war got worse and worse they had to shut that down and go help fight the fight. Since Ebony was the youngest

she was intrusted in taking care of the family estate.... that didnt last long, when Ebony turned 22 years of age, things became a lot more destructive than they should have been.

This cost her the home, the one thing she was told to take care of was ripped away from within minutes, how and why isnt the important thing here, no the important thing

is what it did to Ebony, She lost Everything.... and none of it was coming back. Her only real option was to help end this stupid war, this pointless stupid war! This however

created a problem....Ebony was no longer alone, at least in her mind, and her Nations powers were getting ready to spark....

Weakness - The fact that she is Two-Faced has a huge weakness tole around her neck, lets just say having another voice in your head can get you into big trouble. She has also

never been able to use her nations powers as of yet, and she has an extreme fear of fire...even if she doesnt realize it.

[MENTION=4375]Aria Rising[/MENTION] You're still quite overpowered, I'm afraid. Note that your powers cannot be used to the degree that you're using them. You can probably read an individuals mind or create some sort of illusion once every so often; ie, rarely.

[MENTION=4404]RenaLeonNightsong[/MENTION] You're accepted, however, note that you can only rarely use your nation's powers. Only in events of true passion and distress can you use your nation's abilities. Okay? Again rarely.

@RobinDenstro Okay No offense, but this is kinda getting annoying. Am I accepted or not? Cause if not then I quit, because I took away basically all my physical abilities and ability to control all the three most important senses at once, plus I added the fact that I can only use them against five people at once, and they have to all be in the range of sigh, without me having to turn my head to see another. What more can you possibly want?! I mean, it's common sense that she'd be out of power when projecting extreme illusion, that should be implied. I'd appreciate it if you weren't so against the illusions, or just delete them since your taking everything about them away. Illusions are powerful. There powerful, but there is always a easy to see through them, so once the person wakes up, they automatically become defeated, do you not know anything about it?!

[MENTION=4375]Aria Rising[/MENTION], I would love to sit here and listen to your well formulated description of what an illusion is. However, I apologize, but in this world, illusions are quite different.

Illusion, at least here, is the ability to create an object, animal, or individual in the eyes of someone else for a brief period of time. This can be used, say, once a week? Once every two weeks? Not very often, I'll say. As a bonus, your character can also read minds about the same amount of time. That's it. You can only use it on a single person every so often, and then you're done. Okay?

I'm trying to be as nice as I can. However, I don't want one of my players deciding that they would rather have magic powers as powerful as they want them to be rather than as powerful as the storyline has them as. If you don't follow these guidelines, feel free to create a new character, or to leave the role-play. The choice is yours. And I don't want to fight with you about this.

[MENTION=1758]RobinDenstro[/MENTION] I'm sorry.. I was to my friend about how annoying it was so she took over... I'm not saying this isn't my fault that I may have angered you... It was just an accident... but if that chance to make a character is still up... May I accept? Again I'm really sorry..

[MENTION=4375]Aria Rising[/MENTION] Hey, no big deal. If you would like, I could help you with the character over private chat. Take things a step at a time, just to make things simply. Of course, you can simply make it yourself without an issue. Simply a thought.

You have the ability to make a new character if you would like. And don't worry about it. You're fine.

Name - North Tribane

Age - 21

Gender - Male

Nation - Illusion

Personality - Narcissistic and arrogant. A man only devoted to his own beauty and charms. North is always found with a mirror; when he's not looking he's out to charm the ladies for food or just a place to rest. A man who has indulged himself in beauty and deception, his own ways of taking what he wants; after all, a coral snake is as beautiful as it is deadly.

Appearance -View attachment 12333

History - Born to a rich family who exposed him through extravagant parties and painstakingly planned annual photo-shoots during his childhood. He was dipped in the pleasure of looking demure and elegant in such an early age that by the time he was twelve he was already quite the centerpiece of every party they went to. His charm and beauty earned him the hearts of many women. And when the war finally came a tragedy struck on his family; their house was attacked one dark night and he lost his parents. Luckily, sixteen year old North escaped through the help of residential servants. Now, with vengeance and darkness in his heart, he decided to join the army; hoping that the day would come when he would face the people who killed his parents.

Weakness - North is afraid of fire and wailing screams of people; he finds fire a danger to his face and the screams of people always terrified him for he is reminded of the night he heard his parents' last screams before they died.</span>

Name - Nessa Belaqua

Age - (18+ please. It doesn't make sense for anyone younger than that to be going out to war, thank you) 18

Gender - F

Nation - (One of the Six listed in the history above)Spark

Personality - (Follow the traits of the nation, and pick one to focus on. Being "cocky" or "level-headed" is not allowed) She's unnaturally happy-go-lucky, but her moods can change in an instant, and sometimes she seems like a different person. She's always hiding her problems or fears, but she has them. She always wants to appear as the strong one, and will never admit when she's hurt. She was never really the luckiest, or the top of her class, but does the best she can. She's pretty intelligent, and seems to just know the right thing to say. Though she's really gullible, and her feelings are hurt easily (though she only shows it when she wants to make the offender look like a jerk)

Appearance - (Pictures are best, though a description works as well. Make sure that your clothes are rather modest, okay?)

View attachment 12335 though she'd be dressed in simple blue-jeans and a T-shirt. She never dresses up.

History - (A history about your character. The war started 10 years ago, and things have gotten rather destructive 2 years ago) Almost all of her life her home has been tormented by thw war. All three of her older brothers have either been taken hostage or killed. Her father, drafted away, left years ago. Her mother is the only one left. Regardless of her loss, though, she's actually quite bubbly.

Weakness - (Everyone has one. It doesn't have to be horrible, just prominent. It has to come up from time to time. Mental scar, regret, fear of something, etc.) She can't swim, and is terrified of water. She won't go near it, not to save her life.

@locknessmonster and [MENTION=3031]Happy Crane13[/MENTION], you're both accepted. Nice characters you two.

@Aria Rising, you still have the opportunity to make a character if you so wish. Feel free to ask me for help if you desire it.

Otherwise, I'm changing this role-play from "Accepting" to "Closed." We have enough players to keep us rolling for sometime.

A note to EVERYONE: Your first post should be concerning how you have joined the army, or how your nation has forcibly drafted you into the army. You guys have to meet somehow, and it will help me easily tie the beginning into the bulk of the storyline.

I'll throw the thread up soon! PREPARE THYSELF

Name - Yukioto Misuka

Age - 19

Gender - Female

Nation - Spark

Personality - If the definition of naive was a person, it'd be Yuki. Yuki loves to put her faith in others, but she isn't trying to be lazy, she just want to trust others. A lot of people keep telling her that if she continues to put he faith in others, she will end up dead.

Appearance - http://www.wall-pix.net/albums/anime-manga/00003612.jpg

History - Yuki hasn't always been naive, in fact she used to be stiff as a stone and people would tease her about it saying that she should've been in the Stone nation. Until one day, a boy stood up for her. He said that it wasn't nice to pick on others, and became her first friend. He reminded her that she should loosen up a bit, and was constantly reminding her, till he had to go fight with the rest of the eighteen-year-olds.

Yuki loosened up a lot, and became a clumsy daydreamer, always dreaming of the day she could stand with him and fight.

One year ago, she actually did get to go fight, and she found out that her friend had recently been killed by some one from the ice nation. She went on a rampage, and even brought out her powers, destroying everything in reach with white bursts of lightning.

Ever since then everyone is cautious around her, but she still wants to trust others, and can brighten up some one' day easily.

Weakness - Betrayal is her worst enemy, and makes her click almost automatically, but she isn't trying to fight the person who betrayed her. She fights to try and get that person back. Since she is so naive, she is almost always facing problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back