The curse of the misplaced bowstring

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
We have probably all noticed and laughed at the way Harmonious Jade is holding her bow on the cover of the 1st ed BWB (with the bowstring on the outside of the arm instead of under it). It has been a bit of an eyesore to me, but I have presumed, that it was just an error due to, I don't know, deadline pressure or somesuch. Nobody actually thinks a bow is held like that and especially not someone making artwork for a game of fantasy roleplaying.

But they have actually done it again. And i think it is a different artist! What is up with that? I know this is a rather bitchy thing to post about, but with the artwork and layout of the 2nd ed so well done this does stand out. And it is Harmonious Jade again. On page 126.

Hmm... I'm not sure what I wanted to say with this post. I guess I just wanted to air this complaint. Please feel free to ignore me, I already feel better.

Clearly Ms. Jade knows a secret elder bow kata, previously lost to mankind until it was taught to her by her demon worshipping tutors before her exaltation. The most striking part of this technique is holding your bow with the string that way.

Since the bow is a Powerbow, it is very heavy, and she is naught but taking some of the wrist strain off herself by allowing the weight to distribute across the whole of her arm, as opposed to simply letting it tire her out...

That, or the artwork never provided a bowstring, and some enterprising young copy editor thought it would be best to provide one...

They do.  Copy editor is just funnier...

Obviously, they need to get Solfi, when he morphs into his Greater God incarnation of the God of Editing...

Then again, Solfi is the Lesser God of 'Line' Editing...and the bowstring can usually be considered a line.

Tsk, tsk...looks like Solfi is slacking off on the job again.

Oh, sure blame the Little God why don't you. And with ambiguous areas of responsibility. What's next? Blaming me for the increasing problems with coke-snorting youths?

Just wait 'til I make Greater God. We'll just see how you manage without any punctuation marks!

... Or maybe even the letter 'e' if I'm feeling particularly nasty...

I have faith that when you get your promotion, that you'll take over all forms of Editing, and thus have complete control of the Heptagram and their associate printers, thus insuring your complete control of the Realm, their Sorcerers, and every press in the Creation...

What? No one's gonna call me on my hideous line-related coke-sniffing pun? C'mon now... it *was* godawful!

Are you guys not paying attention again?

Solfi said:
What? No one's gonna call me on my hideous line-related coke-sniffing pun? C'mon now... it *was* godawful!
Are you guys not paying attention again?
I'm sorry. Did you say something?

I was going to just pretend that it didn't happen--Mamma raised me to not laugh at the decrepited and cripples...

Now that is positive thinking.

You can always trust in the fine art of straying off topic to take the sting out of bad mistakes in artwork editing. Thanks guys :)

No problem; we're here throughout the week.

Don't miss Jakk's monologues Tuesday and Friday nights, and Lotus doing stand-up at Shroom Plaza Sunday afternoons! Half-price zingers during happy hour!

Nothing like it to get your mind of the world going down the drain. Misplaced bowstrings, Appearance, Social Combat... [grumble]. What's this world coming to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back