• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Covetous Crows of the Black Bazaar

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Fiefulla, the largest city on the Dragon's coast and the location of our tale. Fiefulla is divided into three sections.images.jpeg-83.jpg
The outer cities are known as the Grozi.
Outside the walls of Fiefulla are various farms and shantytowns, all manner of refugees end up working for the farms or struggling with the many dangers that is the Grozi.
The upper and and lower cities are within the walls of Fiefulla, while both have merchants, establishments of all sorts and residential areas. The lower city is "protected" by mercenaries and factions while the royal guard keep the upper city safe.
Visually the upper city is prettier, home to the wealthy and successful etc...

Fiefulla is a place where anything can be bought or sold. Opportunities and danger around every corner...
Although most know of Fiefulla due to its infamous Black Bazaar.
What started as shady sorts bartering underground grew into a unrivalled marketplace run by a network of criminal elite. Our tale is centred around the Bazaar or more specifically, those who make a living within it.

There are two types who make coin in the Bazaar, merchants and workers. All making a living in the Bazaar are judged and rated by their peers. Reputation being just as important as currency...

The starting rank is also the lowest rank, Rat. Rats are newcomers or veterans with shitty/terrible reputations.

Crows are the mid tier. A young crow could be seen as skilled, a old crow could be seen as reliable.
It would be simpler if there was four ranks to split the rookies from the adept but word of mouth and repetition helps bring the best to the front.

Claws are the big boss sorts, there's only thirty claws alive at said moment and nineteen of them are merchants. The eleven "worker claws" could be regarded as the most dangerous souls in all Fiefulla...

Should you want to play your character would have the rank of crow regardless of how long they have done business. Five crows are assembled by a Claw for a job, the party end up sticking together to survive the coming ordeals.

This would be Dnd inspired thanks to my bg3 kick so I'd be basing alot of knowledge/lore/magic mechanics behind those 5e rules. Like bards access the magical weave via music while sorcerers do it naturally and wizards have to study and practice.
Im not sure how well dice works on the site but id be happy to do the story with or without them.

Alternatively we can go with my original magic system which is basically everyone having one mana type allowing them to do magic of said type.
Fire mana = fire magic etc etc

If you want to play let me know, looking for three or four people who can post more than a paragraph once or twice a week.

Last edited:
*LE GASP* I have always wated to do a dnd role play but i have no friends so count me in!

*LE GASP* I have always wated to do a dnd role play but i have no friends so count me in!
mhmmm YES
Yall prefer the dnd style of magic with classes, spell slots etc or more of a soft magic system.
Along the lines of...

"Bob has fire mana and can use fire magic. Bob's limit is fairly average so despite being able to conjure and throw massive fiery balls of explosions, he can only do so three times before he is spent. He prefers using smaller acts of magic So he doesn't experience mana exhaustion."

Yall prefer the dnd style of magic with classes, spell slots etc or more of a soft magic system.
Along the lines of...

"Bob has fire mana and can use fire magic. Bob's limit is fairly average so despite being able to conjure and throw massive fiery balls of explosions, he can only do so three times before he is spent. He prefers using smaller acts of magic So he doesn't experience mana exhaustion."
I dont mind either way

If we did soft magic cantrips would be more like smaller spells/shows of magic.

Using fire mana as the example again aha

firebolt would be a smol spell or beginner level magic, a character with fire mana could shoot bolts multiple times indefinitely.

If we went with soft magic it would be along those lines.

Not all mana types would have cantrips or "near unlimited small spells" cause mana types vary so much.

the elements like fire and water are simple in comparison to difficult magic like effecting gravity or teleportation

An idea- if we all agree to roleplay on this, then we can have the characters know each other from the start in their backstories. I'd like to see how that plays out ngl

An idea- if we all agree to roleplay on this, then we can have the characters know each other from the start in their backstories. I'd like to see how that plays out ngl
seems like a good idea

seems like a good idea
And not complicated

If you still have room in this it is the sort of roleplay I would be glad to be involved in. I would roleplay a character who would use some specific magic ability in it within parameters, and submit posts of decent size.

Post a cs, first four accepted sheets are in.
Im also happy to help with making characters that you want to play and that fit the lore/narrative, just pm me some info or questions to get started.

can i mix mana types? And can i have more than 1 mana type.
Depends on what you mean by mixing types.

Having more than one mana type can happen but wouldn't happen naturally.

They could use a magic item like a flaming sword or electric bow, they might have made a deal with a powerful being or have a ability from a curse.

I'd need to see the idea before I say yay or nay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back