• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Coming Darkness

Maethrya had awoken from her sleep when she smelled breakfast being made. She was so use to traveling alone that she was the one usualy cooking for herself, so it was something nice to wake up to. She yawned then stood from her seat and yawned, when she had finished she saw Kleros and Elysia making small talk on the other wall then said, "Morning guys," she smiled at the both then looked at Elysia and said, "Finally making friends, eh?" She laughed then looked around to see Natasha stretched out on the window in the kitchen. Walking towards the kitchen, the intoxicating aroma of sizzling bacon made her stomach growl. "How nice of you to cook all of this food... for me!" She laughed as she walked over to Natasha, "You feeling any better? Last night was a bad trip for you." She frowned and patted Natasha, "Hopefully all is well." She smiled.

Elysia

Elysia arched an eyebrow as Kleros considered what he could ask her for. When he decided that he would offer the information for nothing, she did not object. Clearly he did not know the value of the things she had in her satchel. She would gladly take the information he provided. It would be very useful for her own endeavors.

Sia watched with rapt attention as Kleros gestured to and explained the different components and how they allowed him to maintain control over his coin purse. Once he was finished, she thought about how she could fashion a similar system of her own. After all, she did not wear dresses such as this all of the time. She had her own leather armor that would suffice for attaching something similar.

"Yes," she replied to his question, returning her arms across her chest. "For now." She was pleased with the information he had given her. After all, her talents weren't only used to acquire coin. Information could be just as valuable. Especially when it could benefit her way of living.

Maethrya awoke then and Sia turned her attention to the elf girl. "Oh, I wouldn't go as far as all that. He has been very helpful, though." It wasn't wise for her to make friends. Useful acquaintances, yes, but nothing more. She understood that love made you weak and friendship was similar, was it not? She would not take the risk of slowing herself down.

Kleros smirked at Elysia's response to Maethyra about making friends before grabbing the rest of his items and attaching them to himself. He dropped the smirk and closed his eyes, standing up as he thought. He remained mainly silent and still, not saying anything or making any sudden movements as he stood in thought. He was concerned about this movement against humans.

Natasha gave a lazy blink when she heard a voice. Turning to Maethrya, she grinned. "Sure, help yourself, I made more than enough for everyone. And I'm fine, my powers as a seer are just so dormant that when they awaken it really affects me, because I've just never been trained to handle big visions due to their rarity. In compensation for me cooking, can you grab me another cup of coffee?" Tasha gave her a wide eyed pleading look, too content basking in the sun to move.

"Such a shame then!" Maethyra yelled to Elysia from the kitchen, "Kleros is such a nice man!" She laughed and continued to wait in the kitchen, when Tasha spoke of last night, "Ah, I see. I apologize for the tribulations, I wish there was something I could of done in order to help you." She stood up straight then took Tasha's cup and walked over to the counter to refill it, then walked back. "Well, as long as you feel better." She laughed as she handed her the cup of coffee. "Now... BREAKFAST!" Maethyra yelled as she grabbed a plate and began to fill it with food.

Elysia

Elysia sighed deeply as the elf girl began shouting from the adjoining room. "It seems there'll be no rest for the wicked if she continues to shout. Though I must admit, I am ravenous." Plus, the smell of cooking meat from the kitchen was far more appealing than anything her mother ever made. Sia was often forced to take over the cooking of meals in her own home unless she was satisfied eating stew that had been cooked to an unappealing grey.

As she passed by Kleros to join the elves in the kitchen, she paused and flashed him another sweet smile. "Oh, and do not take it to heart, ser knight. "You may well be a nice man but I am not a nice woman. We would never get along." She stepped into the kitchen and inhaled the scent of the pork. She may as well have something decent to eat here before she headed home to her mother. It wasn't unusual for her to not return home until the early hours of the morning. Her mother would not be worried.

"I hope you had permission to use up the poor knight's rations. Otherwise, you and I are not so different. This is certainly a form of thievery," she teased Natasha as she helped herself to a piece of the meat. She bit into it, despite it's heat, and was delighted by how well it was cooked. Yes, she would certainly dread having to return to her mother's cooking.

Kulor awoke to the sound of someone yelling "BREAKFAST". For a brief moment, he had forgotten about how he had offered the group a stay. Rolling off the bed, he picked up one of his swords, but left the rest of his equipment in his room. Clothed in the mail hauberk he wore under the rest of his armor and carrying his sword and scabbard mid-blade. Shuffling through the short corridor that connected his bedroom to the kitchen, he was greeted briefly with the sight of the group eating before sunlight flooded his eyes. Rubbing his eyes and moving out of the beam of light, he received the his first look of the party unobstructed by his helmet. His face was tanned, scarred, and hardened from his decades, and his dark green eyes quickly spotted the freshly cooked bacon, of which he helped himself to. It was his house, after all.

With a mouth full of eggs and bacon, Maethyra said, "Kulor! Looks like you're finally awake!" She nodded and continued to eat her breakfast. After finishing the food in her mouth, she said, "Thanks again for letting us stay here, it was quite generous of you." She smiled and him the went back to eating. "This breakfast is fabulous, thanks Natasha!"

Kleros opened his eyes, looking around before opening the door and looking out. After viewing the surroundings he closed the door and slowly walked into the kitchen, greeting Kulor and the other before sitting down, preparing a plate. He had already finished suiting up in the case of an emergency, and he made sure to listen and watch for any signs of danger on its way.

Finally gathering enough energy to move, Natasha slipped off the counter, grabbing a seat at the table. Worried by Elysia's words, she turned to Kluro, "I apologize for using your food without your permission, I'll pay you back, I promise. I just thought it'd be best to start early so everyone could awaken to a nice breakfast." She glanced down bashfully. After a moment, she turned everyone else. "I hate to ruin the good mood, but what are we going to do about the army? Most of us just moved here, so we'll have all day to plan, I'm assuming? I mean, should we flee, do we warn someone, do we hide, we need to do something. Ignoring this will only make it worse."

After satisfying her rumbling stomach, she replied to Tasha, "I say we find out what we can before we start panicking." She pushed a piece of hair away from her face, "Maybe we still have a while before anything directly effects us."

Elysia

Elysia smirked at the sight of Kulor in the doorway leading off from the kitchen. He had his blade with him and didn't seem fully alert. She imagined that Maethyra's shouting had woken him suddenly and he had responded on instinct until he recalled the night before. In the light of morning, she studied the group. The men were handsome. If a little battle worn. Though, for Elysia, that was attractive in itself. She admired power and longed for it herself. The women were beautiful too, as was the norm for those of Elven blood. She was curious as to why they had traveled to Haldur of all places.

"Well, I for one plan to leave," Elysia replied in response to Natasha's question. "Why would I ever choose to stay in a place that has an army charging it? It isn't as though I can do anything to affect the outcome so ignoring it is exactly what I will do." She was human, yes, and the idea of them being overthrown did not sit well with her. She did not want to be thrust any lower on the food chain. She desired wealth and power and a change in the way things were might prevent her achieving any of that.

"Tch, you should stay and fight!" She slammed her fist on the counter, "You've been here longer than all of us Elysia…" She shook her head in dissatisfaction.

Elysia

"And I will continue to grace the earth with my presence for far longer than all of you if you plan to rush into wars you know nothing about," Elysia replied sweetly as she bit into a second piece of meat. "What could I possibly have to gain by joining all of you?" If there was nothing she could use to benefit herself by taking on this task, then she certainly wouldn't. Why risk her life for strangers? It was far too valuable to her.

Kleros finished eating, turning his gaze to Kulor. "Sir, if you have the chance, there's something I need to speak to you in private about". Kleros flicked a glance towards the others before returning his gaze to the plate, scooting it back barely closer towards the middle of the table as he was finished. He placed his hands on his lap and sat, waiting for a moment and resting.

Kulor finished his bacon, then responded to Elysia with a grim tone, "Well, the victors of the last war control the entire known world, and are free to take whatever they want from anyone." Motioning to Kleros, he added, "You can tell me while I put my armor on." With that he picked up another piece of bacon and turned back down the hallway that lead into his small room, avoiding the patch of sunlight that was growing wider with each minute.

Maethyra frowned at Elysia, "To save your own life rather than saving the lives of all of the men, women, and children living in Haldur. What if this war spreads like bloodthirsty plague and grows larger than we've ever expected... we are the only ones that know of this soon to be crisis and it is up to us to make use of that knowledge." Maethyra sighed and shook her head and then continued on, "What is life if you are forced to live with knowledge of war on your shoulders, with the soon to be blood of many... I could never."

Natasha sighed, pulling on her hair nervously. "I don't know, I suppose we could try that, but everytime me or anyone connected to my visions have tried to run, it usually ends up backfiring, or fleeing actually causes the event foreseen. Even worse, I have no idea who's actually involved in this. It can't just be me because it was triggered when you all were around me and the strength of it suggested its at least the majority of us. Maybe we should leave? No matter how noble you are, you are only one woman and this is an army of 800! We need help, there must be someone who's not iced such a large force and are fighting back, we just need to find them."

Maethyra nodded, "She's right. Maybe if we venture on to the next kingdom, they would have news for us." She thought for a moment then looked at Elysia, "Maybe you can journey with us and stay till we get to the next kingdom and gather more information. If you still wish to run from it all, by then you'll already be far away from Haldur. Simply put, you'll get to leave Haldur either way." She smiled at her in hopes of her compliance.

Kleros stood, following Kulor as he turned down the hallway, waiting to discuss matters with him. He remained silent until they could find a place to speak, where Kulor could put on his armor and the looming threat could possibly be solved through the ideas that would be presented. Kleros hoped it wasn't something that would tear humanity down.

Elysia

"Oh, don't pique all of our interest and then act so secretive," Elysia scolded Kleros. Hadn't she already made it clear that she always needed to satisfy her curiosity? She wondered what business the two men would have with one another. They both wore the same armor. Perhaps that was it. And hadn't she seen it somewhere before..?

Sia laughed at Kulor's words. "You speak my language. It's almost enough to tempt me, but there are so few of us. I might be reckless but I'm no fool." The thief turned her attention back to Maethrya and listened quietly. "It is not up to me to do anything. I owe them nothing and I will not feel guilty for it. I am not the one forcing a war on them. How can I be to blame?" She paused and smiled sadly at the girl. "You are a good person. Noble, as Natasha says. I am not. This doesn't compel me to act the way it does, you."

Tilting her head back, Elysia sighed deeply and shut her eyes. When she opened them again, she looked back at Maethrya. "Yes. Perhaps that's not so bad an idea. I do plan to leave, after all. And, perchance you do happen upon an army to fight for you, I might be convinced to stay. Providing I get my share of the spoils, as Kulor suggested."

Natasha relaxed when they had a solid plan. "Ok, good. We'll gather our belongings and leave as soon as possible. Now we just need to find out what the men are planning to do, if they're going to join us. And please, call me Tasha. It seems like we'll be spending a lot more time with each other, and I'd like to consider you a friend." (( @Crimson lionheart, what&\#039;s the plan, I know you wanted us to begin in Haldur\. Are one of you going to do something to stop us from leaving, or are we just going to another city\?\)\)

As Kulor entered his room, he tossed the sword he had been carrying onto his small bed. The room itself was nearly bare, with only the bed, a nightstand, and a chest at the end of the bed, holding all of Kulor's armor and equipment. Reaching for bits of his armor, he sat on the bed, slowly gearing himself before asking, "So, Kleros, what did you need to speak to me so urgently about?"

Kleros entered the room behind Kulor, standing on one side of it as Kulor sat down. He looked to Kulor and began to speak after a short moment. "This... movement. If what she sees is really happening, what can we do? Can we request assistance? I'm of no political power, I can't do much in the way of that. Humanity is going to be in dire straits if this turns out to be a serious movement; I don't want to see my own kind die out. I will not bother you with personal inquiries, but I am simply concerned for what could happen if we don't act soon. Our kind can't take an attack from a united army right now, not in these relations with each other".

Fitting the armor he picked up on himself, Kulor sat in silence for a few seconds before responded to Kleros. "Perhaps not Kitirae, but unless this 'anti-human' group has anything short of a god within their ranks, I doubt they will best the Imperial Avdren forces. I believe the greatest danger the group poses is to the small villages and settlements that can't protect themselves. If their goal is to burn villages and slaughter farmers, I fear they may be quite successful."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back