• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The City of Realvyne (WIP)

4ntarianV4lentine

Burn Valentine Antaria
[class=background] background:url('https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/837/674/large/ujjal-santra-beyond-human-final-submission.jpg?1501619967'); background-size:cover; padding:5px; max-width:1070px; max-height:720px; margin:auto;center; border:0pt solid white; [/class] [class=basics] width:350px; height:50px; font-size:16px; margin-left:200px; border:0px dashed dark gray; [/class] [class=mainbox] width:380px; height:500px; color:#222222; font-size:12px; margin:10px 5px 10px 10px; border:0px solid #727272; background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4) [/class] [class=box2] width: 620px; height: 360px; color:#222222; font-size:12px; margin-left:420px; margin-top:-400px; background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4) [/class] [class=credits] margin:auto;center; max-width:1070px; font:Heebo; font-size:10px; opacity:0.5; [/class]
[div class=background]
[div class=basics]
Realvyne | リアルヴァイン​
[/div]

[div class=mainbox]

Location | ロケーション
Realvyne is the capitol city and the political, technological, and economical heart of Neo Orbis: the New World Order. Neo Orbis is the unitary nation that formed on the planet Aventrii: a rogue planet that is self-warmed through geothermal energy. During the War to end all Wars, the Gungeon Regime (a totalitarian nation) gained control of the planet's internal energy and held Aventrii for ransom. Had the nations of Aventrii tried to resist their demands, the Gungeons would've released all the energy from the planet out into outer space. Doing so would've temporarily boiled the surface of the planet for as long as a week before the atmosphere would crumble away and the planet would lose all of its heat. The world leaders of Aventrii agreed to suspend their power to the Gungeon Regime, and soon, all the nations of Aventrii were bought out and absorbed into the Regime before it later became Neo Orbis.

Government | 政府
The city of Realvyne, along with the remainder of Neo Orbis, is a plutocracy.

After the fall of Aventrii’s nations, the only real powerful entities left on the planet were wealthy businessmen. In an attempt to overthrow the Gungeon Regime, the 1% formed a secret society called “the Philanthropists”. They saw that despite the atrocities and the countless nations and people that fell due to the Regime, the Gungeons had managed to unite the planet under a single, unitary banner. As such, they wanted to preserve the current economic and societal success that their reign had birthed. To them, they found Neo Orbis as the true end to all major conflict on Aventrii. But before they could carry out their plans to overthrow the Gungeons, they needed a major opportunity to strike.

Luckily for them, they didn’t have to wait long. The Gungeons had all but overlooked a potential overthrow of their regime due to their stranglehold of the planet’s geothermal energy. However, years into their reign, infighting began to occur among their ranks as subordinates plotted a coup d'etat in order to take the planet’s energy for their own purposes. This civil war amongst themselves was the opportunity that the Philanthropists needed, and they jumped at it with everything they had. Hired mercenaries quickly overtook the now divided regime, and short after, the Gungeons were no more.

The Philanthropists kept their promise, and with their warped sense of preserving the peace and stability of this “new world”, quickly restructured the government of Neo Orbis from its former totalitarian status into a plutocracy. Today in Neo Orbis, corporate giants and political parties are one in the same, and CEO’s serve as politicians for the government of New Orbis. However, despite their good intentions, the citizens of Neo Orbis still remained under total oppression. Justice is dead in Neo Orbis, and the law is dictated by wealth and social status. Those that speak out against the government are incarcerated, and those who try to rebel are executed. The modern government of Aventrii is truly a dictatorship masked by the face of democracy.

At the end of the day, the Philanthropists were able to achieve their goal, but at what cost?

Leaders | 指導者
There are numerous leaders in modern day Neo Orbis, but the primary leader is the Executive: an elected leader that's hand picked by the modern day Philanthropists (whom are a sort of parliament in modern day Aventrii). The decision process for who is picked as the next Executive is solely dependent on the Philanthropists, meaning there is no civilian input whatsoever. After all, the original Philanthropists believed that the common, modern day citizen doesn't know what they truly need in a leader, and instead supplement this void with what they think they want for a leader. Modern day Philanthropists though are made up of successful business men, so there is a bit of citizen involvement as to who can and cannot become a Philanthropist. However, its entirely dependent upon their past economic and executive success.

The Executive's job is to primarily stabilize the economy, give orders to the military, carry out the law, and veto any bills that they personally believe goes against their own moral code. However, if an Executive tries to over-reach their power beyond what the Philanthropists and the citizens of Neo Orbis believe is appropriate, both the citizens of Neo Orbis and the Philanthropists together have the power to impeach the current Executive. It may appear to be a rather fair and democratic process, but the Philanthropists excel greatly in manipulating the public into helping their own dark agendas. Because of this, its entirely against the Executive's favor to go against the Philanthropists.

Economics | 経済
Neo Orbis has a Laissez-faire economy. There's little to no regulation between companies and the government. After all, business and politics in Neo Orbis is nearly two sides of the same coin. Because of this, many controversial practices such as civilian experimentation, child labor, slave labor, little to no worker unions, racial and sexual discrimination, unhealthy work environments, and so much more. Despite these dangers, the economy has never been stronger. Modern day Neo Orbis is very much a consumer society, and thanks to the unification of business and politics, the pace at which technology, medicine, manufacturing, programming, and many other disciplines have advanced at a light speed pace. So while the working conditions may have suffered, the results have increased one thousand fold.

Society | 社会
We live in a society, a society that's filled with corruption, crime, hatred, sin, and death. While a fair amount of people in Neo Orbis live peacefully and somewhat happy lives, the remainder of society have either been left behind, resorted to crime, are being actively oppressed, or are being threatened with their very lives. Quality of life in Realvyne depends on which district you live in, but every inch of Neo Orbis suffers from this cancer. The world has become rotten to the core, and it will take a revolutionary movement to defeat this oppressive giant.

Military | 軍隊
The primary military core of Neo Orbis is known as the Handlers. The Handlers consist of five different branches, each tasked with different objectives:
  • The Lurkers
  • The Enforcers
  • The Watchmen
  • The Vanguards
  • The Scarlet Hands

The Lurkers are Intel gatherers, spies, and hackers. Their goal is to silently "lurk" underneath society, carrying out their orders while blending into the general populace. The Enforcers are military police, and their job is to crack down on those who violate the laws of Neo Orbis. They "enforce" the will of the government so to speak. The Watchmen keep a "watchful" eye on society, monitoring them from above in hovercraft vehicles, listening in to the entire city, their augmented brains taking in the flood of information with incredible results. The Vanguards are the "guards" of the government. Each politician is issued a single vanguard who's job is to protect the well being of said politician. Those who aren't assigned to a single politician must stay on patrols with those who are assigned to one. As such, the popularity of a politician is normally dictated by how many vanguards are willing to protect them. Finally, the Scarlet Hands are the assassins of the government. Their task is to take out individuals or organizations that may prove harmful to Neo Orbis.

Transport | 輸送
There are many ways to get from place to place in Neo Orbis. This includes...
  • Personal vehicles (grounded and/or flying)
  • Local Buses
  • Public airlines
  • Taxis or similar transportation services
  • Underground Train System
  • Teleportation Hubs

Education | 教育
Education in Neo Orbis is rather limited. While there is a lot of technical skills that are taught in schools, any critical thinking questions taught in schools that go against the Philanthropists's ideals can be used to fire an instructor. Funding towards facilities is based solely on the reputation of the staff as a whole. Schools with instructors who were fired for going against the government's agenda receive a 1 year strike in terms of funds as punishment. Ultimately, the government's goal is to make sure that while educated individuals receive the technical and critical thinking skills necessary to make it out in the real world, they're conditioned to not go against the government and its ideals.

Law and Crime | 法と犯罪
The judicial system within Neo Orbis is incredibly corrupt. The police are bought out by the government, and the accused are rarely able to win over the court unless they have the money to back it up or the reputation to deflect scrutiny. Justice has gone entirely out of the window, and the accused is often guilty until proven innocent. Because of this, the main factor which determines whether or not a defendant succeeds in court is one's reputation. Many cases of both slothful induction and hasty generalization are able to fly under the court system of Neo Orbis, and it favors a system where the popular succeed over the lesser known.

Because of the corrupt judicial system, more and more crime syndicates sprout by the day. Those who haven't be inducted by the system are sick of being treated like second-rate citizens, and they crave proper justice. Some wish to simply fix the system while others would rather see the world burn.

[div class=box2]
City Districts | 市区町村
  • 27465_ESviTh17F7_original_6.jpeg

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

Enter content here | ???
    Enter content here.

[/div]
[/div]
[/div][/border][/div][div class=credits]The original source code is credited to RI.a RI.a . The page, however, has been heavily modified, so I wouldn't say its entirely their original template.
I would not have been able to start dissecting BBCode at all though had I not had a good practice script to mess around with.
Thank you RI.a RI.a for providing me the ability to tinker with and slowly learn BBCode functions through practice as I went along.
[/div]

This is a WIP sheet i'm writing for a Discord RP server that i'm making. I just joined the site a little over a week ago, and I reverse engineered one of RI.a's CS templates in order to quickly gain a grasp on how to write in BBCode (I'm better at learning this shite when I have a jumping off point). This server that i'm writing this page for, P0LYC0UNT, is a cyberpunk fantasy RP that's going to be a sister server for The Realm of Shadowed Hearts: An anime fantasy RP server. It won't share SH's lore, and all it really shares to begin with is the core themes of Shadowed Hearts: just the same themes but turned over their heads.

For anyone who wants to check out my current server, here's an invite: The Realm of Shadowed Hearts.
I have most of the channels hidden to newcomers, so don't let the visible channel size discourage you. Please be patient as well. Activity may be low atm because i'm cramming for final exams.

Please let me know what you all think of this sheet so far, and once again, thank you RI.a for the original template. I wouldn't have been able to get a grasp on BB code as quickly as I have had I not had a template to dissect. I plan to have this finished sometime around May since i'm not taking classes during the summer.

-4nt (Burn)

PS: If anyone wants to help pitch out and assist me in drawing a map for this place [preferably with a vector line aesthetic], let me know. I can technically do it myself, but again, i'm busy. All you need to know going in is that "the entire RP is set in the single city of Realvyne despite the mentions of the unitary nation: Neo Orbis."

In terms of what i'm talking about when I say "vector line aesthetic", the best example I can find for my idea is with DOOM's vector line maps. If I can find the time though, i'd like for it to be drawn from an isometric perspective. Despite the vector line aesthetic, it does need to be a 2.5D map with some level of depth.
vector.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back