• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The City of Anistar

Charcoal_Lilly50

I am the cat that curiosity has yet to kill
volkner_city_anime02.png

In the city of Anistar, things have never really been, normal. For the small part that is. It's quite normal really; everyone works, kids go to school. All of which are a part of a basic, functioning society. But, there is something about it that isn't so "normal". For just about as long as anyone could remember, Anistar has had it's own little secrets. It harbors hero's and villains of all powers and sizes.
The hero's are here to protect and preserve the peace of their fair city. While those of a more malevolent behavior are up to the exact opposite. Though some of these hero's and villain's have power, there are a handful that are normal citizens without any sort of power at all. But some of these plain-Jane hero's and villains don't even really play there part. They're just normal people whose morals are either that of good or bad, but there are some that side with neither.
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-city-of-anistar-ooc.351603/
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-city-of-anistar-cs.351601/
Rules
:
At least one paragraph per post
If things get too gory or anything fade it to black
No Mary-Sue or Gary-Sue (you can't always dodge or land a hit. No one shall be immortal)
JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Alice was insanely bored, and what else to cure boredom than play some pranks on some people?! She pushed through a crowd, growling as she really didnt like crowds, nor pushing through them. Now up ahead she saw a road, cars going back and fourth at the speed limit. Her oddly permanent grin widening. Oh this'll be fun!

She took some steps back, waiting for the perfect time where traffic was thick and there was no way to cross, than ran forward and jumped. She jumped on top of a car, making them hit the brakes and another car behind them to his the back of their car. She laughed and jumped forward, landing on all fours on top of another car going the opposite way.

This car didnt stop, so she just enjoyed the ride until a stop light and the person opened their door and started yelling at her. She giggled and jumped back onto the concrete and waved at the person before looking up to see a tall skyscraper in front of her. Her eyes glowed brightly.

Metal claws slid out of the fabric paws on her jacket and she jumped, stabbing the claws into the concrete and started to climb. This was fun!

Last edited:
Alex sat in her apartment, writing an essay for school. Despite her situation, Alex never gave up on education. Situation? Alex shook her head. She wasn't going to think about that. She eventually gave up on writing her essay and decided instead to just watch the city. Her eyes followed traffic, seeing every little pattern there was to see. Until someone interrupted that pattern. Cat girl? Alex stood up and went to her door, debating whether or not this cat girl was worth speeding to get to. No, she thought, an elevator will work fine. Alex took the elevator to the top floor of the skyscraper she lived in and then took a fire escape to the roof and waited for the cat girl to reach the roof as well.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Alice clamored up pretty quickly, stopping by open windows to look in rooms. There was one person who left their TV on and she poked her head in to watch for a minute to two before remembering she was trying to get to the top of the skyscraper. But... But it was her favorite episode of her favorite show!

It was an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, which had went off the air but someone must have had a DVD with the show on it. It was an episode with Katz in it. He was her favorite character. She watched for about 15 minutes before continuing... She back tracked and jumped into the room.

She took the DVD and case with her, sticking it in her jacket before FINALLY continuing upward. She was so excited to get 'home' and watch it! But she would have some fun outside first of course. She climbed higher and higher before reaching the top, jumping up onto the roof and her jacket's ears flicked by themselves. Weird...

Wait, someone was up here too! She was... Who was she? "Who are you?" She asked, her voice rather high pitched. "Is this your roof?"

"My roof?" Alex asked with a chuckle. This was a girl, then, no doubt about it. Interesting. "This roof doesn't belong to me, no. This is simply a roof." Alex took a step closer, but was cautious. She didn't know this cat-girl and she wouldn't trust her yet. "My name is Alex. What-- I mean, who are you? And what are you doing causing accidents like you did a few minutes ago?" Alex watched every single motion this girl made, observing for patterns of any sort. Patterns gave away a lot about a person.
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

"So... Its everyone's roof?" So everyone shared this roof? Everyone in the city? A lot of people dont like sharing, she could see a problem in that. When Alex took a step forward, she did too. She didnt care if she knew her or not, she was either friend or foe and she was going to figure it out.

"What, who am I? Call me Alice! Or Nightmare, it doesnt matter to me. Just dont steal my name or I might have to steal your blood" Not actually steal blood from a body, but make whoever stole her name bleed a whole lot. "And what do you mean causing accidents? Those were on purpose, I was just having a little fun" She said, looking back at the road.

She twitched sometimes, it was mostly twitches in the jacket's ears or it was the eyes, if you wanted more detailed than it was mostly the right eye that twitched. And the side of her mouth, like she wanted to grin even more. Or was getting tired of it but couldnt stop. She also couldnt hold still, bouncing a little on her toes.

"Do you collect the blood of people who steal your name?" Patterns of behavior. This girl was twitching. The right eye, the corner of her mouth. Energetic. Alex's eyes flickered all over Alice's body before she spoke again. "This is just a roof. It belongs to the same person who owns this building. It has an owner, but no occupants. Most people don't live on roofs. Do you live on a roof?" Alex asked this gently, as if trying to trick Alice into revealing whether or not she is homeless. Alex let the issue of the accidents slide, obvious this girl had more important issues at hand than her violent nature. For all Alex knew, she was homeless.
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

"Collect? As in a baggie? Nu-uh, I dont need it for food so I dont keep it. I just leave it on the ground and wait for the flies to clean it up" She giggled. "Have you seen flies clean up? They are really slow at it, if I cleaned things up that slow than I wouldnt have any fun!" She laughed again.

It was funny to her, how sporadic the flies were. Her eyes glowed dimmly, indicating she was thinking for a moment before speaking. "Do I live in a roof? That's a funny question. I have in a super secret place, outside of the city. I'm not allowed to tell anyone though, it's just my place. Mine and my jacket's"

"If you dont live on this roof, why were you up here when I got here?" She asked, tilting her head.

Everything in Alex's mind screamed at her to run away, to leave this insane cat-girl to her own devices, but she didn't. She didn't see a villain. She saw a child that was confused and needed help. Alex smiled kindly at Alice. "I am up here because I saw you climbing the building after causing a car crash. I wanted to make sure you weren't going to hurt someone." Alex stepped back just a touch, feeling the need to put space between them. "Does your jacket have a name as well? Or is it just your jacket?"
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

"My jacket is the one named Nightmare. Alice and Nightmare." She said instantly. She saw the movement Alex made backwards and grinned wider. "Do you not like me?" She asked, taking a few steps toward her. "C'mon, let's play!" She exclaimed, her 'friendly' persona leaving her.

"I wonder how long it takes the flies to clean you up" She said, her eyes glowing brightly now. And then, her mind switched to the roof thing again. "Why do you care if I caused a car crash? They werent your cars. If you dont want it broken, dont but it when its so expensive" She growled.

"Wait, do you actually care if people get hurt? If they die?" She giggled. "There are too many people in this city, I'm just like the flies. Cleaning up around here"

Richard got out of the bus. Finally. He had arrived in Anistar, wherein his future awaited him! As the bus let out its final passengers, and started driving again, he took a deep breath of the beautiful Anistar air. Enough sentimentality. It was time for his plans to begin. First things first, he needed a temporary base. Just to sleep in, it didn't need to be high quality. He'd embrace luxury when he could afford to. With that in mind, he went in search of an apartment building.

It didn't take long to find an apartment building. One appeared before he even got robbed. Disappointing. It would have been a valuable learning experience. He rented the apartment for a month in advance. He was already getting poorer with no income, huh? He headed toward his room and hid the rest of his money. He didn't have anything else of value, so it's not like he really needed anything. He collapsed on the bed, as if he had been hard at work all day. Dust bounced from the bed and played around in the light. Gross.

Most organized crime syndicates were created by emergencies, and enflamed by pride. The yakuza, created by gamblers or peddlers, two terribly looked down upon groups, joined together to enhance their collaborative power. The Mafia, various criminals brought together by fear, and given an identity by the influx of Italian immigrants and prohibition. Creating one requires a great deal of intelligence in order to manipulate the otherwise natural aspects of origins. The issue, was, then, what criminal emergency required organization? He decided to take a walk. He needed to think.

As soon as he left, Richard noticed someone climbing a skyscraper. Now, that would be odd on its own, but this person was using a bizarre claw like climbing tool. Was this normal? He wasn't sure if he hoped it was or wasn't. He'd heard about the superheroes, and all, but what exactly was going on at the top that this person needed to be up there so quickly? The person stopped for several minutes before they reached the top, and then he couldn't see them anymore. Meanwhile, he saw a girl climb up via a fire escape, from his apartment building. Convenient. He waited for several seconds, and for reasons he couldn't quite gather, he decided to head up there after them.

He decided to follow the path of the girl. Sure, he could call the owner of the building posing as a photographer, but that would take too much time, and the owner could always say no. Thus, a fire escape was the best option. No one would stop him, given the fact that he lived there. Simple.

Reaching the top, he saw the girl who climbed up the fire escape had her back to him. The person who had climbed up via the bizarre claw tools looked like they - she? - was ready to kill the girl. He took a few steps to the side in case the clawed one would run the girl over the edge. Just a precaution. Otherwise he did nothing. He only wanted to watch, for a little while, though he knew he'd be drawn into it, somehow.

CoolGuy CoolGuy

Alice's attention was quickly taken from Alex to this new guy who showed up. Where did he come from? Why was he up here? Maybe just to be here? Was this his roof? So many questions seemed to run through her head that her eyes dimmed and she tilted her head.

"Who are you?" She asked. She hadnt seen him before, and when she thought about it she had never seen Alex before either. Were these people new or did she not pay attention to anything around her? "Is this your roof? Did you come up here to watch?" She asked again.

Like before, her twitching did not cease even as she spoke to this new man who climbed up the building and now was on the roof with them.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

So it was a she. And she looked insane. The twitching was obvious, and in times like these, Richard wished he was a psychologist. Not like they actually did anything, but the knowledge would help in this case. He composed himself to answer.

"The latter, actually," he said finally. "I don't own any roofs. Please, don't mind me. Continue on as you were. Or don't. Just pretend like I'm not even here." He sweat a little bit and rubbed his hands together. It's not like he cared about the girl who may or may not lose her life, but the threat to his own frightened him. The strange paw like things she had seemed like they'd make short work of him, and he had no desire to test that.

CoolGuy CoolGuy

"Pretend like you arent even there?" She asked. Its like watching a cartoon, except her and Alex were the cartoon and he were the viewer. "You seem... Funny. Yea, you seem funny!" She giggled. "Why not watch regular cartoons on a TV instead of climbing a building to watch not-cartoons in real life?" She asked.

Maybe his TV was broken, or he didnt like any of the cartoons on. Couldnt blame him, the cartoons shown now were sloppy and useless at entertaining someone like those things called soap operas were. So climbing a building to watch two people like they were a cartoon was pretty logical. In her mind.

"I can make cartoons!" She said loudly, now remembering that she had her shadow play. Her claws slid out of the fabric and glowed a dark purple, moving them in such a way that a spider would crawl and viola! The shadows everyone cast pulled themselves off the concrete and stood by themselves, glowing white eyes and no other facial features.

"Cool huh? I do like to make my own cartoons with my shadow play" As her concentration wavered away from the act, the shadows wavered from existence as well. If she lost full concentration then the shadows would go back to their respectable owners.

(fuck there is so much to reply to)

Alex watched silently. She was not intimidated in the least by Alice when she started to threaten her. This was child's play. She remained calm and said nothing. She just watched everything go down. She let herself watch the scene unfold. Patterns. Patterns of speech, of behavior, of everything. She needed patterns. Then the shadows moved. This took Alex right out of her head. She watched with interest. "We all have our party tricks." Alex whispered.

(I know how you feel, in busy rps and I got like 3 pages to read through with these kind of paragraphs every post haha)

Alice's 'ears' perked up, easily hearing Alex. She got excited, her twitching intensified and the shadows instantly melted into the ground and returned to their owners in 2-D shapes as they should be. She moved really quickly toward Alex, stopping right in front of her and looking up at her with excitement.

"You know tricks?!" She asked, her threatening, or attempt threatening, persona left her quickly and she went back to that giddy child-like attitude. "What kind of tricks? Can I see? Are they magic tricks? Are they illusion? What do they do? Can they physically harm? Can they mentally harm?"

The torrent of questions came quickly, "Please show me the tricks!" Even though she was talking to Alex, one of her ears were swiveled toward the man who she was just speaking to, tracking any movement and speech. She had to be sure he was still there. She was curious about him, he smelled different. He didnt smell like thic city.

"Harm? No, I don't use my tricks to harm. I suppose I could, but I won't do that." Alex says firmly. She isn't afraid or even wary of Alice now. Alex can deal with an insane person any day of the week. Normal people, however... that's trickier. "I can show you my trick, but you have to promise not to attack me." Alex said, looking towards the man watching. She didn't trust him. He seemed sketchy. Alex closed her eyes and focused on her powers. She could make them work, right? Yes, there is it. Alex took a step forward and immediately time seemed to slow for her. She ran circles around Alice, easily, knowing she was going over 60 mph in real time.

Alice nodded her head instantly at the promise. She promised to not attack her, but other people was fine so that promise sounded great to her. She watched her do her power thing, concentrate on trying to make her power work. She got a huge surprise when Alex started running circles around her.

"Whoa! That's so cool! Like a really fast merry-go-round only one person and without any ponies! Okay, maybe nothing like a merry-go-round" She muttered it at the end. "But that's so cool!" She was such a child at heart, and whenever Nightmare let her be her, she was harmless and somewhat lovable.

But when Nightmare intervened is where she gets her dark side. Without her jacket, she wouldnt be causing crashes or climbing up buildings or threatening people. But than again she loved Nightmare, and wouldnt give up the jacket for anything in the world. It gets taken away from her, she may die.

Alex slowed down and fell to her knees. She hated using her powers. It made her dizzy and weak. But she managed to get back on her feet. "Party tricks, yeah?" Alex grinned. She looked to the man. "And you? What's your party trick?" Alex ran a hand through her hair. She didn't know that this guy had powers, but she wanted to know. She almost needed to know.
CoolGuy CoolGuy

This woman seemed like a four year old. Richard wondered if he could manipulate her into his service, but figured that'd be a bad idea. She seemed to be wary of him, somehow. Perhaps she was more intelligent than she seemed? He was pulled from his thoughts by the girl that was initially in trouble speeding up and running around the other. Fast. It wasn't lightspeed, but it seemed faster than any human could go. He entertained the thought of escaping while they were distracted, but figured that he should get some advantage from being up here. He made a mental note to record these powers, however.

The girl looked at him. "And you? What's your party trick?" Assuming that he had powers? A bit audacious. Richard debated internally whether to tell the truth or not. This girl didn't seem like she'd be on the same side as him in the future, but lying could break as many opportunities as it created. He tried to look as unsure as he could. It wasn't hard, given that he actually was.

"I can balance five coins on my elbow and then catch them with the same hand," he said slowly, as if coming to a decision. "But if you're asking if I have anything unique to me, I'm afraid that's a bit personal."

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Alice giggled, "That is a cool party trick! I cant do that!" She said to the man when he told about his balancing trick. "Teach me how to do that, please?" She asked. Than was soon distracted and threw her arms around Alex in a big hug, and using surprising strength to do a bear hug.

"Hugs just because!" She exclaimed, than let go and looked to Richard and in a blink of an eye she had him in a winding bear hug too. Her hugs were inescapable. "I wanna hug!" She exclaimed well after she had acted on the thought. Good thing Nightmare wasnt willing her to impale him as they were hugging. Same goes with Alex.

She could be a cold-blooded killer if Nightmare was in her head. If not, well, things like this were one of the worst things that could happen.

"Ah, so you aren't... you're normal." Red alert for this guy. Alex stepped a little away from him. "That's cool I suppose. I remember what that felt like, thinking I was normal." Alex extended a hand. "I'm Alex. What is your--- ack!" Oh dear, a hug? Is this woman four years old? Alex gave a small chuckle and hugged Alice back gently. She wasn't affectionate really, but this woman seemed to need the affection. When she let go, Alex moved over to the edge of the roof and sat against the ledge, recovering from her exercise of running over human limits.

Normal? Richard laughed as quietly as he could. He was far from normal. Before he could retort, the woman that might actually be a little girl hugged them both. He awkwardly pat her back. The other one - Alex, he reminded himself - headed toward the edge of the roof. Good. She couldn't finish her question, leaving him with the advantage. However slight that might be. Now that he was confident he was going to survive to the next day, he freed enough of his mind to think about other things. For instance, why did no one come after them? They had been up here for a few minutes. Wait, a more pressing issue.

"Why did you need to come up here in the first place?" he asked the child woman, still in her embrace. She was... uncomfortably strong, for how little control she seemingly had. He had to make friends with her, or she'd be a real pain.

Alice, of course, didnt pick up on that she was causing awkwardness by randomly hugging the two people. All she knew is that they didnt push her away so she was rather happy about that. She backed off, letting Richard go, noting that Alex had set on the ledge, and got on all fours like she was ready to pounce.

Than before she could try and effectively knock Alex off the building, Richard spoke and distracted her and she turned her head toward him. "I wanted to jump" She said, remembering now how high they were. "It looks really fun, and I'm pretty sure my shadow would catch me. If not, Nightmare wont let me die" She explained.

Nothing fazed Alice, she would play with a cobra and dance with a bull. The only thing keeping her alive is her jacket Nightmare, obviously more than a jacket.

A small bell chimed as Cora walked out of one of the handful of café's around the city. Her guitar in its case slung over her shoulder as she made her way down the sidewalk towards the music store. The hood of her favorite sweatshirt resting on her head, hiding her blue locks. She had just finished eating at the café her brother was employed at and was heading back to work. Humming quietly under her breath, blue eyes glancing up at the sky. But only for a moment before they went back to focusing on what was ahead of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back