• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Circus is Coming to Town: Characters

Deadly Darkness

All things lost in the shadows
This rp is about a freak show, but not everything is as innocent as it appears. Something's going on just behind the curtain; will you notice it? Will you be able to survive?

Character Sheet Skeleton:

Name:

Appearance:

Position: (clown, trapeze artist, "performer", staff, etc.)

Talent: (mind readers, pick pockets, fire breathers, cyclops, two heads, etc.) (If you're staff this part is not necessary)

Bio:

Important to know: (if anything)

Extra: (again if anything)

Can't find your way back to the main rp page? No problem! Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Celia Vaughn

Appearance:

__Mad_Hatter1___by_sinlinn.jpg
Position: Ringmaster

Talent: Charming. Though it's not a talent she'd argue it is

Bio: Celia doesn't tell anyone about her past and plans on keeping it that way. She prefers that her "employees" call her "sir." She was an only child and grew up rather neglected, but she grew up enjoying the time alone without any distractions. She can be very charismatic and alluring in front of an audience, but otherwise she's cold and unwavering. She may extend a kind gesture occasionally, but people should never make a big deal of it or expect it from her. Due to her isolated past she does very little talking and sometimes doesn't understand how others can't handle the same strenous work.

Important to know: Get on her bad side and there will be hell to pay

Extra: She loves her job and sees it more as a life style. Her smile is usually terrifying.

Last edited:
Name:

Jesse (Left) And Lyra (Right) Newson

Appearance:

conjoined_by_kurai_buni-dac8ov7-1.png

Position:

Freak/Performer

Talent:

2 heads

Bio:

Jesse and Lyra were abandoned by their mother in a market at 2 years old, from there they found their way to a circus being taken on as soon as they were spotted. This is the only thing known about their past. Jesse is the quiet one of the 2, prefering to read and be creative. She is hopeless when it comes to people or problems. Lyra on the other hand is the loud one, with a anger problem and is overly protective of Jesse and the other freaks. The 2 never seem to argue as they cannot function without working together, if they did then they would be walking in circles. Out of the two of them jesse has the most control over their singel body, as Lyra understands that Jesse takes everything into consideration. When referring to each over they usually say 'Darling sister' or 'other half' instead of just using name. Lyra claims that the money they earn is going towards a seperstion surgery where Jesse wi have the body, jesse claims it goes towards the upkeep of the circus eg food, tent fixing and medical expenses.

Important to know:

Jesse is more likely to be friendly outside of their freakshow. Lyra doesn't like the normal performers and sometimes makes that evident by lashing out at them.

Extra:

They are one of the longest working members of the freak show.

Last edited:
Name: Cynthia Aldaine

" They call me Cynthia the Great, hehe~ I prefer Cynthia the Cute, or Cynthia the Lovely, but I suppose Cynthia the Great isn't all that bad."

Age: She appears to be in her late teens, around 16 to 18, but no one knows her true age except for the Ringmaster. She is suspected to be in her mid-twenties, though she definitely does not act like it.

" Wouldn't you like to know, hm?"

Appearance:

CwUG0c9UAAAXoiE.jpg

Position: Magician

" Who says the cute girl always has to be the magician's assistant huh?"

Talent: Magic tricks

Bio: Cynthia is one of the latest additions to the carnival, and has only been with them for a little more than a year. Her name seemed to have appeared out of nowhere one day, a young traveling magician, known for her gory and death-defying magic tricks. It wasn't long before she stumbled upon the circus, and requested to join them before they even asked to take her in. Not much is known of her past, except that she came from a small town up North and was raised in a church throughout her childhood. It is said that the church burned down shortly after she left the town. Only the Ringmaster knows of her full backstory. 

Important to know: Cynthia is friendly and playful towards all members of the circus, and does not see the freaks any differently. The only time she'll appear serious is when she is conversing with the Ringmaster. But she possesses a sly and sadistic streak as well and often expresses disappointment when she's not allowed to bring home a live subject from the circus-goers to test her new tricks on. A rather narcissistic person, she also enjoys compliments about her appearance.

Extra: She enjoys dressing in cute outfits and loves anything sweet.

Name: Fillow Brown

Position: Performer

Talent: Immune to pain/injury

Bio: Fillow has been passed from scientist to scientist, facility to facility, till finally she was given to the circus, as no one could find any use to her. She entertains herself by punishing her body. She can't feel anything, but it hurts others to watch. She gets a sadistic happiness from it.

Important to know: Fillow is sadistic during her act, but happy outside of the circus tent. She makes good friends with anyone who listens.

Extra: Fillow wishes she could die, but she hadn't found a way to successfully hurt herself yet.

IMG_3190.PNG

tumblr_ljnj4bmgOL1qiid8oo1_500.jpg

Name:

"My name? It's...Hugh?"

Hugh Wright 

"I can't remember myself. Sorry..."

Position: 

Freak Performer 

Talent:

"Um, well I look like a bug so...It's that?"

Insectoid 

Bio:

"I don't know much about it..."

Hugh himself doesn't remember much of anything about his time before the circus. Though like some he was shunned for being different. He was labeled a freak because of his out of the ordinary appearance and pretty much treated like a monster. He mostly  wandered  around blindly which lead him to awful situations however for once in his life his wandering had lead him somewhere good. He found himself inside of a circus tent and was taken in as a performer.

Important to know:

"N-nothing or at least I think so..."

Hugh has a difficult time remembering things

Extra: 

N/A

Belarus.full.520429.jpg

Name:

"Why do you need to know?"

Natasha ''Bella'' Petrov 

"You shouldn't care..." 

Position:

Knife Thrower 

Talent: 

Extremely accurate 

Bio:

Natasha is the youngest one of a sister and brother. They lived well and their parents openly loved them. However one night their house burned down, nobody really knows how a fire even started but only one person survived. Of course that single person was Natasha herself. Being that she was only a teenager at the time she had nowhere to go but soon enough she came across the circus.

Important to know: 

She only learned how to throw knives when she joined the circus. Before she had kind of just helped out wherever she could.

Extra: 

Her facial expression rarely changes

@Deadly Darkness

(I have a few staff members in the making too)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back