• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Chronicles of Solis

Theris Fey
Champion of Soros

Vlassis seemed shocked to hear that someone had already found them. He looked over them all, counting them again. There seemed to be a realisation on his face and he glanced back at the carvings on the door.

"Not all of you have been sent by the gods?" He said. Then he nodded, chuckling to himself. "Ah. Only five keys, most likely five gods, why would there be more than five champions?" Nodding to himself again, Vlassis ran his hand through his beard. His face was slowly becoming a picture of concern. "The Spire is usually so quiet... It is odd that others have found you."

"Not found, finding." Theris corrected the old man, pointing out to another person approaching them. Even he was starting to get a bit weirded out by this now. He was never under the impression that this meeting was supposed to be secret but could it really be coincidence that so many people were showing up? Beyond the other champions, as Sebastian had asked several times now, how would people even find out?

Clearing his face of the concerned look, Vlassis glanced over to the approaching man. He then turned to face the five champions, leaning on his staff for support again.

"I admit, the gods who spoke to you did not send me. I don't know what your quest is. I don't know if you're supposed to do it alone. I assume this is left to your discretion. All I can do is offer help on entering the Spire." Vlassis told them all.

Awhina, Champion of Kymir

Awi looked at the man nodding as she answered her question revealing he was, in fact, the guardian of this sacred place, in response to this calming information she sheathed her weapon. In his old age he must have waited long and grown wise, but still seemed to be a weak opponent, or at least, keep up the act. Sebastien was the first to speak up about his concerns. A soldier like her no doubt, he was wary at the best of times and didn't want to go into anything without all the cards on the table.The one armed man also spoke to the guardian. It seemed the rest of her companions were indeed concerned with this man. He walked over to the presumed door and got a wistful look about him, as if remembering times long past. However, that was not what the champions had come for and it seemed as though others had arrived at the scene.

"Take us to this map, if you please sir." Awhina spoke again to the man. As of this moment, he was their best chance of opening the spire and people of old seldom mixed their words or spread lies, especially those who guarded temples of deities, of that, Awhina was sure. She looked again to the other champions with which she would fight, trying to judge their reactions on her proposal. She could not properly read their faces, they were so different from her people, they were hard to read, or maybe they were too expressive? Awi guessed she would only learn with time. Instead, she decided to try and persuade her newfound companions that they should go with the man they had just been acquainted with, Awi unfortunately had neglected to remember his name due to everything being very new to her here.

"Come, The guardian can be trusted and he holds clues to open the very thing we were sent here for, it makes sense to see his map and listen to what he has to say." She hoped that the other champions would see the sense in her words and at least agree to go to shelter even if they didn't agree with the old man, his wisdom was to valued all the same. He could even tell them who had stolen the keys in the first place and if they were still a threat now. It just made sense to Awi that they should go with him, especially as more were arriving that had not been accounted for.

KvVmIiV.png

Amber Moorhardt

Amber had remained relatively quiet and kept herself in the background as the others spoke among each other. The old man who approached claimed to be a guardian of sorts. Perhaps Amber had a soft spot for rickety old wise men, but she felt willing to trust him over the others approaching. Among those joining the group were soldiers and warriors. With such, a feeble gentleman felt less intimidating. She'd agree with the Kymir champion and speak up on it in attempt to gather some rally for moving along.

"Let's follow the old man. He's the only one that has any clue as to where to go." Amber gave a light cough after that, her eyes darting around to gauge the reactions of her companions.

The most worrisome of it all was Sebastion. Theris and Finley seemed relatively harmless and Awhina wasn't one that came off as overly aggressive towards strangers. Amber was more afraid that Sebastion might have to be restrained at a moments notice, however. Just how paranoid was he? She was getting the feeling that if they don't reveal their powers soon, he might start making claims. Claims with a sword drawn to the others throats. The thief was fully prepared to prove herself a Champion if need be but it wasn't preferred.

Theris Fey
Champion of Soros

"I think that's our best option." Theris agreed with the two girls. He was really done with arguing and second guessing everything. Surely gods would be able to set up 'coincidences' like the ones they'd experienced today. Vlassis seemed pleased that at least three of the Champions trusted him. He didn't seem like the kind of person to trick them, and even if he was, it was five against one. And the one had a few extra disadvantages. There was no way this guy could beat them in a fight.

"Thank you for trusting me." Vlassis told the three who had spoken up. "My house is by the edge of the city, but if the rest of you are still uneasy-" he glanced in Sebastian's direction and Theris coughed to hide a snicker, "-then I can go and fetch the information I have while you wait here." He offered.

Vlassis led the group back to his house by the outskirts of the city of Aplia. It wasn't impressive, more of a humble house perfect for one or two people. It matched Vlassis in appearance: old and almost decrepit. The bricks in the wall were chipped and weathered, windows dirty and slightly cracked, but not chipped or fully broken. The door was wooden, a light brown with the grain reaching from top to bottom. There were small plants in pots near the door, most of them different herbs.

Inside was different. The entire place was immaculate, not a single thing out of place. The walls were covered in books with cracked spines. They covered all sorts of topics, from plants to weapons to different gods. None in particular seemed centred on the five that sent the group to the Spire. There were no weapons in the room they entered and stopped in, only a desk with papers neatly stacked on them. That is what Vlassis made his way towards, leaning his staff against the side of the desk as he shuffled through the piles of paper.

"I'm afraid I've only been able to find four of the keys you need. There haven't even been rumours of the fifth one since it was stolen." He told them, pulling out a few leafs of paper. They were all maps, some with sketches of small circular amulets with the symbols from the spire of them. One map was of the entire continent with small, black crosses drawn in certain places: just north of the Great Sea, on the western coast of Esthines, on the opposite of the Otrodor desert as the group was, and just off centre of Draesia city. The other maps were of the individual countries, showing in more detail where the crosses were. He held them out to the group.

amulets.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back