• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Chronicles of Solis

SecretRock

The Leader of the Pantheon

The Chronicles of Solis

This is where forms for characters will be posted.

Rules for Character Creation:
This is fantasy, so magic and magical creatures are allowed in backgrounds and pets, but nothing is going to be as powerful as the powers the Gods provide.
If your character is a Champion, their powers and personalities should be linked to what the god presides over. So a Champion of Kymir wouldn't have fire related powers.
Characters must be older than 20. I apprieciate that teens are fun to play sometimes, but I don't think the Gods would put the fate of Solis in the hands of people who have a still developing brain.
Please make sure your character has flaws. It leads to funner gameplay.
If multiple people want to be Champion of the same god, I'll chose the character I think will best fit with the world I'm trying to create. Because of this, I'm going to put up a deadline for characters. This is going to be midnight GMT on Wednesday.
If there are loads of people who want to be a Champion, I might come up with some more Gods and extend the deadline.

Form:

Appearance:

a picture or text description of your character
Name:

your character's name

your character's age

your character's gender

Personality (optional):

describe your character's personality. This is optional since you can describe it later through actions in roleplay
Background:

your character's life story leading up to the start of roleplay. While you are required to describe it, you don't have to tell everything if it's inconsequential / you want to keep some secret before revealing it later in roleplay.
Skills (optional):

normal real-life skill your character obtained through his life. For example, a healer would be well-versed in medicinal practice, a thief would probably be very good at stealth, even a construction worker has strong constitution and high stamina. Someone doesn't have to work a specific field to have skill though. For example, someone who attends a lot of parties may have become very charismatic.

(If not a champion, ignore this section)

God:

what god is your character the champion of?
Power:

describe your character's power and how it works. Be as descriptive as you can. If I feel it's not descriptive enough or is ambiguous, I'll contact you to refine it further.
Limitation:

limit of your power. If I feel like it doesn't balance it enough, I'll contact you further.

Additional Info (optional):

anything else you want to add, just put it here.

Gods:

Epthys, Goddess of the Sky, Freedom, Fate
Kymir, Goddess of the Sea, Change, War
Acorr, God of the Land, Stability, Nurturing
Soros, God of Magic, Belief, Pride
Anemis, Goddess of Death, Life, Balance

More will be added if a lot of people want to join.

Countries:

Aplia-

Situated on the planes in the middle of the continent, Aplia consists mostly of farmers. It's the largest country formed from the remnants of Solis and is run by a governing body in the capital city. Unfortunately, the Government has very little reach past the walls of the capital, the farms outside being set upon by bandits and extorted just to stay alive. 

Esthines-

A very solitary kingdom, the leaders of Esthines live in constant paranoia. Their borders are lined with watchtowers and their military is one of the biggest in the five kingdoms. They live mostly in isolation, only trading for the necessities with other countries and trying to provide for everything themselves. Not many citizens are allowed to leave, and even fewer are allowed to return.

Skon Thar-

Everywhere north of the Great Sea Pass is part of Skon Thar, a warrior kingdom. There is no permanent control on Skon Thar, control being passed around from chief of one tribe to the chief that killed them. Despite being at war most of the time, the tribes also know how to work together to survive in their harsh environment. Trading between themselves and other countries is their greatest strength.

Draesia-

On first sight, Draesia seems to have escaped the chaos that spread to everywhere else. The Holy Emperor that rules them is benevolent and shares funds and goods with his people. The cities seem prosperous and the people happy, but below the surface things are very different. Anyone who expressed unhappiness or any sign of dissent swiftly disappears, never to be seen again.

Otrodor-

Otrodor is less of a kingdom and more of a piece of land that no one except the natives can survive in. Arid desert covers most of the land past the mountains, broken up by the occasional river or oasis where towns are based. While not very united, the one thing most 'Dorians have in common is sailing skills. Given the deadly nature of the sand wastes around them, sailing over rivers or the surrounding ocean is usually the safest way to travel if you know how to deal with pirates.

No Man's Land-

South of the Draesian Mountains, and between the Aplian Planes and the Esthian border are stretches of land that belong to no kingdom. People still live in them, making what living they can without the protection or benefits of a kingdom to help them.

OOC Thread:

IC Thread:

0545225f284169850e3531dcc5c27e1b.jpg
Theris Fey - 25 - Male

Personality (optional):

A little bit of a dick, but Theris is mainly made up a jokes. He's pretty cocky too and likes to think that he can handle anything. He can be serious, but it's not seen often.
Background:

Growing up in Otrodor was difficult, especially since Theris's family moved around a lot. They settled down after an attack by pirates on their vessel, resulting in Theris's father losing his life and Theris losing an arm. Unable to do much to help him family with on arm, Theris started taking lessons with the local witch. Eventually he started helping in her shop, providing fortunes and helping to make potions while she was away or with other customers. 
It was when he was twenty that he decided to go travelling. Sick of the small oasis and drab environment, Theris got a lift to the mountains between Otrodor and Aplia. Since then, he's been travelling, selling potions and fortunes to get by while exploring and looking for a purpose.
Skills (optional):

Aside from the potion making and limited divination the witch taught him, Theris has been taught how to fight with a sword since he was small.

God:

Soros
Power:

Manipulating the word around him using magic. 
By channelling the power Soros provided him, Theris can control things around him, short of humans. This means he can create structures out of stone, create storms, or even make plants do his bidding.
Limitation:

Theris has to keep concentration on his magic if he wants it to continue. This means he has to keep it in his mind, which can get difficult in stressful situations. He can also only control one thing at a time.

Additional Info (optional):

While travelling, he's never been allowed into Esthines and Draesia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back