• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Bunker - A Trapped Story

TerrorKitty

◢ Kitty ◤
Helper
Supporter
CodeLockdownRadiationSouls
DEAFCON 1ACTIVELETHALDETECTED
ORGANGELOCKED UNTL RADIATION LEVELS BECOME SAFEAMOUNT UNKNOWN

^^^ Click on the Bottom table

Your Collage Class was on a trip to tour a military base in Nevada when the unthinkable happened. War were declared. Of the Nuclear proportions. No one knows who shot first, no one even knows who shot. What we do know, is that this was planned. All Nuclear defense systems all over the world failed at the same time. We know nothing more, any hope to know was destroyed in the chaos.

The group was given amnesiacs for ut most secrecy and distributed to the bunker. Before the rest of the resident locals and military was dispatched to the site, a nuke hit nearby and the rest is history.

You, your classmates, your teacher and a lone scientist are the only population of this bunker, as well as an AI that keeping everything running and you alive.

There are secrets. There are challenges. There is a way out.

Is it worth it?

Last edited:
Rebecca "Ruby" Ayala
Fuzziness. That was possibly the first thing that she was aware of, like she was just coming round from surgery and an anasthetic was wearing off. Well. She'd never had surgery as such but she's certainly come round from being unconscious before and it felt just like this. Ruby tried to prop herself up on her elbows, discovered her body was trapped in something, and nearly panicked. She blinked a few times until things came into focus and she was awake enough to pull her arms free.

Quickly, Ruby kicked herself free of what she realised was a sleeping bag. She stared at it blankly for a few moments, thinking "I don't even own a sleeping bag anymore. I tossed mine out a few weeks ago", before looking around. Thinking hard, stretching her arms above her head to relieve tension, Ruby could remember a little of what had happened prior to waking up here. She remembered panic, surrounding her and swelling in her chest, though she couldn't remember clearly why she had felt panicked. Why everybody else had panicked.

"Guess this is purgatory." Ruby half-joked to herself, though the fear sitting in her chest was not joking at all.

Looking around, Ruby recognised a few of her classmates in sleeping bags much like the one that she'd just wriggled free of. That was when she came to the conclusion that somebody had definitely knocked her out, as well as her classmates, and had brought them here. Had they been kidnapped? Perhaps but why would a kidnapper let them have a luxury like sleeping bags? Crappy kidnapper they must be. Or perhaps "abduction" was the right word, not kidnapping, since neither she nor anybody else in her class really counted as a kid anymore.

Finally, Ruby had the bright idea to push herself to her feet and begin looking around for a way out of here. She considered waking some of the others up but if they were drugged, it was unlikely they'd stir until the effects wore off. She was thinking something like that anyway, as she stepped over unconscious bodies strayed across the floor and prayed that nobody was dead. As she looked around, Ruby couldn't put a name to where they were or a memory as to how they'd gotten here. The area resembled an empty parking lot, reminded her a bit of the one outside the liquor store but less full of drunks.

"Hello?" Ruby called out, unsurely, because if they were being held here by somebody then she certainly didn't want to make that somebody aware that she was awake, "Anybody else awake? Guys?" She stepped over another unconscious student and spotted the body of her teacher, which made her gasp audibly, "Mr Freeling? Are you awake?"

When her attempts to draw the attention of the other students (and her teacher) failed, Ruby decided it would be best to search for a door or some other way out of here. But before she could do, she was distracted, her eyes drawn to a figure seated in a chair with a book in their hands. Hesitantly, Ruby approached, reasoning that a kidnapper wouldn't be sitting down here with their captives. Unless they were some kind of sadist, who was planning to torture them. For all the interest Ruby had in the lost souls of the tortured and murdered, she was not about to become one of them.

"Excuse me?" Ruby said, as she approached the reading figure, "Miss? Ms Ominous Lurker? Do you know what's going on here?"

Last edited:
"Unnngh."

Steve Freeling opened his eyes. Everything was a blur. He looked around him to find his students were there in sleeping bags, still seemingly asleep.

"What the hell?"

Steve sat up and got out of his own sleeping bag. That was when he saw one of his students Rebecca who most called Ruby and a person in a chair. What had happened? Images of his students panicking in the van flashed before his eyes. This was progress, right? He remembered that his students had panicked in the van, but why? Why had they panicked? What happened to the van? He approached Ruby and turned to the seated figure.

"Who are you?"

Last edited by a moderator:

angel ashford

| location // unsure | mood // petrified | currently // sitting up | with // everyone |

Angel's eyelids fluttered open, his vision swirling in a mess of unfamiliar colors. He couldn't remember much, but a twinge of panic remained, tugging uncomfortably at the air in his lungs.

He should've gotten up. After all, his classmates might be in need of help, maybe even injured... or worse. Whatever had happened, the white-haired boy knew it wasn't good.

To his credit, Angel really did want to help. Unfortunately though, he was frozen in place like a wide-eyed deer in the headlights. With nothing but the rhythmic pounding of his heart to keep him company, he lay as still as death.

It was only when he heard another person moving around that he dared sit up. Still dizzy from whatever had knocked him out, Angel slid the comforting warmth of the sleeping bag away and looked around, blinking slowly. He recognized the voice of Ruby as well as Steve, who appeared to have only just woken up.

Now, that was fine, and it certainly beat being alone. But this figure they were talking about was making his hands shake. Still, he wasn't going to just lay down and take it.

Standing, Angel bit his lip and scanned the room nervously, wondering if they'd have to fight this mysterious figure.

"Yeah, who are you?"
mentions: everyone pretty much
full

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
Melonie "Mel" Klyner
Melonie looked up from her book, an old Nancy Drew from home, from which she was completely absorbed until a cute girl had walked up to her. So they're waking up. Putting her book down Melonie hesitated for a moment, she was about to say something when the other girl spoke first. "Ominous Luker?" She found herself exclaiming with a bit of annoyance before looking over at the person behind the girl, most likely the teacher asking the same question. "My name is Melonie Klyner and I'm here to make sure your class is safe." She paused, her lip quivered as she realized she couldn't just read her book and forget everything that happened, that's still happening. They're waking up and they're going to want answers.

"I..." Melonie stammered trying to think of something appropriate to say, she had to lay this out gently. "I a-am...A particle physicist for the United States Department of Energy. In the past few months, there's been a lot of stuff happening in...Nuclear development and armament, but that's all I know, I swear! I don't have enough clearance, I was just given the work, I have no idea what it was for." Biting her lip the girl stood just as the ground shook violently, knocking her onto her ass. It finally ended after a minute and 54 seconds.

Last edited:
Maverick Castle
Maverick groaned as his dark brown eyes fluttered open. His eyes adjusted to bright light hovering over him. The sound of buzzing rang in his ears. 'Was it some sort of technology interference?' Sitting up in his sleeping bag, he propped himself up with his elbows. "At least my ass isn't probed." he muttered snarkily. He kicked the sleeping bag off the end of his legs and sat there criss cross. Maverick couldn't remember a damn thing about what happened, just flashes of people yelling and resisting. He shook those thoughts away. With one hand he held the palm of his head to his pounding temple and the other to help him stand up. Taking in his surroundings, he recognized he was in some sort of modern/futuristic facility but why? On the floor were several sleeping bags just like his with few of his fellow classmates in them. Some stirring, he looked forward to a small group of people chattering. There was his teacher, 'what the hell is he doing here?' 'Why do I have to be stuck with him?' he internally groaned. Maverick chewed the inside of his cheek before clearing his throat rudely. "Somebody better tell me what the hell happened soon because the only thing I am accepting is that I went camping and I was abducted by aliens." he joked with a smirk on his face but his eyes cold.

Name // Jasper Owens
Mood // Scared & Confused
Location // Unknown
Tags // Everyone
Oliver slowly opened his eyes slowly trying to readjust his them so that he could see his surroundings. He didn't move right away and simply looked up. He was able to faintly hear voices, although it sounded like they were coming from far off rather than right beside him. He was confused for a few more moments until he was suddenly yanked back down to reality and everything, for the most part, became clear and audible. He held onto his head as he tried to recall the events leading up to this (whatever this was), though he couldn't remember much of anything. He panicked a bit when he felt a material surrounding him, although he was able to calm down ever so slightly when he saw that it was a sleeping bag. 'Were we kidnapped? No way kidnappers would put their victims in sleeping bags that'd be foolish...' He thought, removing himself from the material. He began to bite his lower lip as he recognized some of his classmates and teacher already awake and standing 'At least I'm not by myself' . He stood up and was going to walk over to the others when a sudden dizziness made him sway for a few moments before recomposing himself.

Jasper ran a hand through his mousy brown hair, and his large almond eyes scanned the room. He saw Angel, Mr. Freeling, and Ruby standing near some woman, while Maverick was sitting on the ground. He pulled onto the drawstring of his blue and white ombre hoodie that was a few sizes too big and was still chewing on his lip as the woman spoke, though his mind was still a bit jumbled and he couldn't fully understand her. What happened next seemed almost like a dream to him as it happened too quickly for him to comprehend. The ground violently started to shake and before he could register anything the ground slipped from underneath him and he hit his head on the hard ground underneath him, a loud thud like sound echoing in the room. Everything went out of focus for a few moments as pain shot throughout his entire body and the ground continued to shake. He held the back of his head even after the earthquake had stopped and rolled over onto his side as he waited for the painful pulsing to die down a bit. Once it had turned into a manageable pain he sat up and wiped the blood that had trailed from his lip onto his sleeve. He didn't realize that he had still been biting his lip as he fell, and regretted it now that he was bleeding.

He turned his head towards Maverick as he cracked a joke with a smirk on his face. Jasper wanted to know what was happening as well, though he wasn't going to ask as he didn't think his classmates or teacher knew what was going on either, since they appeared to be just as confused. He turned his attention towards the woman that had been sitting in a chair wondering if she knew what was going on.

Rebecca "Ruby" Ayala
She was glad when others started to arise from their slumber- first, her teacher, Mr Freeling, quickly followed by some other members of her class. Even if the woman- the scientist- didn't seem initially dangerous, Ruby was glad that she wasn't alone in facing her. Though, again, the woman really didn't seem to pose much of a threat. Heck, she seemed even more anxious about being down here than Ruby did. Unless she was anxious about something else.

"Nuclear development?" Ruby questioned, her eyebrows pulling together in confusion. She turned to her teacher for help, "Mr Freeling, what is she talking abou- aargh!!"

Involuntarily, Ruby let out an incoherent yell of surprise as the ground suddenly shook and nearly sent her falling backwards. She dropped to her knees and covered her head with her arms, in case anything fell from the ceiling and knocked her skull in. Once the rather short and startling earthquake- could it be something to do with the nuclear weaponry Melonie had mentioned?- had come to an end, Ruby got back to her feet and prepared for anything else the universe wanted to throw at her. Abduction, nuclear development, earthquakes... What was next, a small tsunami?

She was a little shakier than she'd like to admit as she stood with her arms still covering her head, just in case, and tried to think. She was about to speak, about to ask some more questions about where they were and what exactly was going on, when one of her classmates spoke. Maverick. Maverick Castle. He did have the name of a fantasy character, she envied him that. Although she didn't hate him for making light of a bad situation, the way he spoke with a smirk bothered her.

"I wish it was as simple as aliens." Ruby replied.

And it was only as she spared him a look, a brief glance in his direction, that she caught sight of another classmate. Jasper Owens. He looked hurt, though she couldn't tell from first glance whether it was from the "abduction" or from the small earthquake that had occurred just then. Ruby also couldn't tell from a glance how badly he was hurt. But there was a telltale sign of blood on his lip. She was no doctor but bleeding generally indicated "oh no" in her mind.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Concern seeped into her voice, despite the fact she didn't know him that well; Ruby turned back to Melonie and questioned her instead, "I don't suppose you keep medical supplies in the secret underground parking lot that you babysit college classes in?"

Name // Jasper Owens
Mood // Embarrassed
Location // Unknown
Tags // jinkx jinkx TerrorKitty TerrorKitty
Jasper looked over towards Ruby as she was concerned over is well being. "Yes I'm fine, just bit my lip and bumped my head a little." He said his cheeks turning a rather dark shade of pink from embarrassment. "More importantly..." He started looking back to the scientist. "What in the world caused that?" He asked, although it was just one of the many questions that weighed heavily on his mind. He also wanted to know where they were, what they were doing here, and how to get out, although he figured that would be too many questions at once. This place sent chills down his spine and kind of creeped him out a bit. He shakily rose to his feet, making sure to be cautious after having just fallen. He tried once more to recall what happened before he woke up, but nothing was coming to him. 'I'll just ask someone if they know later...' He thought at he looked around once more, making a mental note of everyone that was around him. So far he knew everyone except for the scientist, although from the looks of it she appeared to be rather harmless and wasn't much of a threat. He licked the blood off his lip bottom lip for a moment before shoving his hands deep in his pockets. He would've sat down, but his body was feeling stiff from not moving and he felt the need to stretch it before it got sore.
(Sorry it's a bit short.)

Maverick Castle
Ruby's response made him eye her warily. Aliens were too good to be true. He took in his surroundings once more. The room at first glance was spacious and modern but the more he looked around the more cramped it began to look. There were "bodies", or his unawakened classmates in their sleeping bags on the floor still, somewhat in an orderly fashion. Maverick took a step toward the people that were awake and was surprised to meet with shooting pains from his ankle up. He winced but walked off the burning sensation as he weaved through the sleeping bag maze and over to Jasper and Ruby.

"You sure, Jasp?" Maverick asked once more as he looked over him, his eyes scanning Jasper's lip and head. Maverick knew his fair share of head injuries due to being in and out of sports most of his life. He was fairly taller than him so he just peered over. He and Jasper weren't all that close and that might have been the first time he'd acknowledged Jasper as more than that guy in class. Normally didn't associate with him without any benefit. It could have been seen strange to be on nickname basis. "Your head doesn't seem to be bleeding but I'm sure you might want to get that looked at." he informed as his eyes darted to the hot scientist. Okay, so maybe he wasn't speaking to Jasper for the sole reason of checking on him, as he could hitch a ride on Jasper to get to know the scientist better. Truthfully, no one wants to have a severely injured person amongst the group sucking up all the resources.

angel ashford

| location // bunker | mood // terrified | currently // panicking | with // everyone |

Angel had just began to breathe a sigh of relief that the mysterious figure seemed reasonably harmless when everything started to shake.

His eyes widening fearfully, the white-haired boy froze from a combination of shock and terror. Fortunately though, he managed to crouch down and wait out the worst of it without anything more serious than a slight headache from all the vibrations.

Once it stopped, he stood up wearily and glanced around the room, half expecting someone to explain what exactly had just happened to them. When no one did, Angel hugged his arms tightly around himself and whimpered a little. He didn't want to seem like a baby, but he reasoned that the combination of strange earthquakes and being stuck in an unknown place would've traumatized anyone.

Unsure of what to do next, he wandered somewhat aimlessly towards the students who were awake. They seemed to be crowded around someone, who he remembered as being Jasper.

It only took him a moment to notice the blood. Ugh, please no... not after everything else... Fortunately it didn't seem too serious, but that didn't stop Angel from stepping back a bit and feeling faint.

"B-blood," he stuttered, before shaking his head in shame. A classmate was hurt and all he could think about was his phobia. "I mean, I uh, I hope you're okay..."

Covering his face with the oversized sleeves of his black and white striped hoodie in embarrassment, Angel watched the scene unfold with shaky legs and eyes as wide as saucers.​
mentions: everyone
full

code by spookie spookie

366762.jpg
bunker-1.jpg

Melonie "Mel" Klyner

The young woman bit her lip and sighed before standing up. "Look. We need to move everyone into the terminal, it's not safe here." Melonie brushed herself off and looked at the rest of the group. "I can discuss everything else later, but now we need to move." She said walking to the far wall that had large doors that seemed like they came from a movie. Pressing in a few numbers onto a keypad and put her hand on some sort of scanner, causing the door to begin a series of clunks and clanks before finally sliding open. Two more similarly made doors followed.

((Sorry busy))

Name // Jasper Owens
Mood // Embarrassed/Awed
Location // Unknown
Tags // jinkx jinkx TerrorKitty TerrorKitty Crimtot Crimtot spookie spookie
Jasper nodded his head as he was asked if he was okay by Maverik. "Yeah I'm sure." He said almost having not responded when he was called by his nickname. It was partially his fault that he didn't socialize, and he was sure that the majority of the class didn't know his name. Well until today that is. He was relieved when he was told that his head wasn't bleeding, and went up to touch the back of it, feeling a bump that would most likely have expanded in size in a few moments. He felt a bit bad for Angel who seemed to look a bit frightened at the sight of blood, and licked the blood off his lip repeatedly until he was sure that there was none left. He also noticed that Angel was close in height to him, maybe being only a few centimeters taller than Jasper and while he was still upset that he was the smallest, as least it wasn't by seven or eight inches like it usually was. He then looked over towards the scientist as she stood up, saying that it wasn't safe here. Though he was sure that most of them had figured that out by now. He then watched as she typed in a code and scanned her hand, before it seemed like the wall opened up, and it took Jasper a few moments to realize that the wall had opened up, as well as several others following shortly after. "Ow wow..." He muttered mostly to himself, remembering to close his mouth at the last moment to not make himself look even more like a fool than he already managed to.
(Sorry it's a bit short.)

Rebecca "Ruby" Ayala
Jasper seemed to be okay, which was a relief, but there were still a lot of problems to hand. Jumping to the top of her list was the fact that Melonie was asking them to walk through a strange door which led to an unknown place. But Ruby had decided that as anxious as the scientist seemed to be, she pretty much trusted her not to kill them at this point. Although Melonie had mentioned being sent by the government so Ruby didn't entirely trust her not to treat them like lab rats or something yet.

"I don't know." Ruby scratched the back of her neck as she peered through the door, "Kinda wondering why you got such high security on that door, Klyner. You gonna kill us in there?"

Despite her doubts, Ruby did step towards the complicated doors and looked around at her gathered classmates. She wasn't afraid to take the first step through the doors but she wasn't sure if everybody else would follow. The idea of potentially being trapped alone on the other side made her nervous. But she sucked in her breath and walked through the door.

"You know, I've visited some bad places before." Ruby added as she walked, "I'm talking haunted houses specifically but also a handful of graveyards. None of them gave me the creeps like this. This place feels unnerving to you guys too, right?"

Evie Saradana
She had woken up later than everybody else, Evie realised quickly.

Until the earth had started shaking, she'd been mostly oblivious to the chatter of others and had tuned out the sound of panic. After all, she had no reason to suspect anything out of the usual had happened. But once the earthquake had brought her back to reality with a (literal) thump, Evie opened her eyes and noticed that things were definitely not as they seemed. At once, she was filled with crippling anxiety as she pushed herself free of her sleeping bag and her hands began to fidget on her lap.

Invisible barriers lit up the world around her and she had to sit for quite a while, counting her breaths and tapping her hand against her left knee in a familiar rhythm, before she could bring herself to get to her feet. She could see the rest of her classmates gathering around a woman she didn't know and supposed that she should join them. Forcing a smile, Evie stepped carefully over the abandoned sleeping bags to reach the rest of her group.

She arrived just in time to see a sort of door opening up, like one from a spy movie. Standing at the back of the group, Evie shuffled her feet unsurely, worrying about whether she'd be able to get through the door or not. She hoped nobody noticed acting shiftily at best and downright weird at worst- though, she supposed, her classmates might have already caught onto the fact she was pretty weird. Evie was never sure if they'd worked that about her yet.

"I'm sorry, where is the door going?" Evie piped up from the back of the group, making her prescence known, "Are we going to get out of here?"

Regardless, she began to trickle through the door along with her other classmates and was relieved to find that she passed through the door easily. She could only guess that this door led to a safer location, somewhere better than the dank, grey underground that she'd woken up in. Evie just hoped there was nothing on the other end of the door that could kill her- she still wasn't entirely sure that she wasn't being lead directly to an early grave.

But she kept up her somewhat shaky smile as she walked through the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back