• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Bully and the Nerd {Robin Man & KneelingAngel}

KneelingAngel

Warrior of the Mighty One.
When a guy walk up to you and wants to become your first friend, do you trust it? Do you let him in and maybe even fall in love with a chance of a broken heart, or do you push him away?

@Robin man

Marlie watched the clock in the classroom and waited for the bell to ring. If she was lucky and fast enough, then the jocks would be to slow and she would be away from school before they even reached their lockers. Marlie's heart was hammering against her chest as she counted down the last couple of seconds. The bell ran and she quickly dumped her books in her backpack before running out of the classroom. She quickly earn to her locker to get the books she needed for homework, switching them with the books she used today, and darted out of the school. She wasn't even close to the school gates when someone tripped her.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Clay, the "leader" of the bullies, asked as Marlie was on the ground. One of her books was beside her, fallen out of her bag, and he kicked it away. "Oh sorry, was that yours?" Clay asked mockingly.

Marlie sat up and gathered her other things, including her glasses that had fallen from her face. Why was it the same thing over and over again? Why did they have to choose her? Marlie kept quiet, her eyes cast to the ground.

Toby stayed by the back of the "group". He didn't like doing this to one person. But he's been friends with Clay since Pre-K. But for the past few years he changed. But what could he do? He was still his friend, somehow. He poked his shoulder. When he looked back he had a "do we have to?" face.

Clay turned around to look at Toby and clicked his tongue as he rolled his eyes. "Fine." He snarled, but grabbed Marlie's bag and tossed it in a tree before walking away angrily.

Marlie looked up at the tree and sighed as the others left. Some kids that saw what happened started pointing at her and laughing. Marlie gritted her teeth as tears stung her eyes. There was no way that she would be able to reach her bag with it hanging that high. She didn't like heights. Biting her lip, she got up of the ground and started jumping for her bag, though she didn't even get close.

Toby stopped her by putting a hand on her shoulder. He then climbed up into the tree and grabbed her bag. He then jumped down with the bag in his arms. He held it out. "Here you go."

Marlie flinched when someone touched her shoulder and stepped back, but then the guy climbed in the tree and handed her her bag. "Thank you." She mumbled and gave him a small smile as she hugged the bag closer to her chest. She couldn't remember seeing him around school, but this was the first time someone didn't laugh at her. "I-I'm gonna go." She said and swung her bag over her shoulder before walking away.

Toby saw the book that Clay kicked a few moments ago. He picked it up, he didn't open it, that wasn't his buisness. He jogged after her. "Hey. You forgot your book." He said when he caught up to her.

"Huh?" Marlie turned around when the guy from before ran after her again. She stopped and let him catch up on her. That was her sketchbook. "Oh, thanks again… Sorry, don't really know your name." She said as she held the book to her chest. Why was he being so nice to her, no one ever was.

Toby nodded. "The names Toby Jones. Nice to meet you, officially. And not behind a dozen pointing and laughing." He said with a frown. He didn't like the idea of bullying her only.

"Well…" Marlie cleared her throat and but her lips nervously. Of course he was also one of those that laughed at her. "Y-you don't have to, you know, be nice to me. They'll just laugh at you too. Thank you for returning my sketchbook and not dumping it in the trash." She laughed nervously. The last thing she wanted was this guy hitting her in the face for saying something he didn't like. "I'm gonna go home now. Uhm, thank you Toby Jones, it was nice to meet you."

Toby nodded with a soft smile. "Gonna do one good deed a day. And maybe I can walk you home?" Even though that sounded pretty sudden.

Marlie didn't know what to say, she had not expected that question. "I-I uh.. Sure." She said with a small smile, a blush dusting her cheeks. Toby was actually really nice and no one had ever offered to walk her home before. "You know, that makes it two good deeds a day." She said and pushed her glasses up.

"About half a mile from here." Marlie said, starting to feel more comfortable around Toby. "You know that small house by the race tracks? That's where I live." She smiled and adjusted her bag. "What about you, do you live near school or so you have to take the bus?"

Toby nodded. "I know that house. That must be fun." He chuckled. "I live a half mile from the school that way." He said pointing at the other direction.

"Are you sure you want to walk me then?" Marlie questioned with a yelp. "Wont your parents worry if you stay away for too long?" She questioned as they turned left.

Toby shook his head. "They'll start worrying when the sun goes down. And yes I'm sure of it. I never got your name."

"Marlie." She said with a smile. "Marlie Case." Marlie said and stopped walked to hold out a hand in formal introduction like she had learned to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toby smiled softly and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you Marlie. So how long have you been coming to school here?"

"Since day one." Marlie said, nodding her head. "Should have expected you to know that since you hang with Clay. I've been his favorite toy since day two."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Thanks for helping me though. I really appreciate it." Marlie smiled. "But if it kind of pushes your buttons, why do you hang with them? I bet that there are enough people that want to be your friend."

Toby nodded. "Anytime." He sighed. "We known eachother since pre-k. In that time we own each other a lot, so its a close relationship of trust, and expectations."

"So walking me home falls under that friendship in what way?" Marlie asked. "You're just going to join them again tomorrow, aren't you?" Just like she feared, a guy was nice and would then just go back to bullying her. Why was everybody the same?

Toby sighed. "I want him to stop, at least pick on another person. I hate him for just picking on you for years. I asked him time and time again to leave you alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back