• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Blessings

Richard called back the Elites, sending all the troops back to their place. While Ebene was in her room, Richard had his Royal Elite guards slaughter all the Thresh in Itspule territory. Richard was done with his secret alliance with these ones. He flew to Ebene's room once the orders were given. Richard stared at Ebene, "You are a great liar, but you should know better than to try it with me..." He took a chair that was in his way and threw it to the side, walking closer to Ebene. "What happened? And don't bother lying." He stared down at her. The sounds of screaming filled the city as the Elites killed the Thresh members. Richard's expression was dark again, he acted as if nothing was going on.

"No." Ebene said standing up. "Stop it, not all of them are Thresh." She said flying to the window. "Stop it right now. They drew all their forces back. They are-" Ebene realized what she had said and took a step back. "I'm sorry Richard but I can't." Ebene's head raced. Was she a traitor now? Whas she betraying her brother. But this had to be right, she had seen her. The woman who was supposed to be dead.

(Tell me if you don't want this to happen cause it could change the plot if you are going for another idea.)

"You.... Kept that from me.... And now because of you, the Thresh are being slaughtered in our own city. Do you not think!?!?" Richard grabbed Ebene and threw her onto the floor. "All of my Royal Elites know each Thresh member by heart, none of our people will die. The Thresh broke their agreement, and that means THEY will die, all of them." Richard stepped on Ebene's wing, not breaking it but making sure she couldn't move. "I trusted you.... But I guess I was wrong to do so. Maybe I should have treated you like I do everyone else, you are just like them after all." Tears made their way down Richard's face.

A couple Elites came into the room and told Richard that it was done. He had them tie Ebene up and leave the room. Richard stared at her, "Why did you lie to me... I thought I could trust you..." His eyes red.

(No it's fine)

"No." Ebene said to Richard, struggling to hold in her tears. "I can't tell you." She said. "It hurts to much. I want to die Richard." She said looking up at him, tears pouring from her blood red eyes. "What I know is awful, everything is wrong and screwed up." Ebene thought of what she had been taught. It was all gone now, she knew the truth. "I can feel now Richard. I can feel the pain, and the suffering, everything I have done." Her body began to tremble. "We are not gods, we are monsters. What we have done is worse than anything, anything. We are not blessed Richard. We are cursed." She couldn't take the pain anymore, the trobbing in her head subsided as she closed her eyes. She wanted to go and leave with the darkness, she wanted to leave forever.

"I saw her." Ebene breathed. "Mom isn't dead."

Artemis walked to her door quickly, not wanting her brother to get bored. Bad things happened when he got in that mood. "Nothing much, just everyone bickering as usual." She said walking towards her twirling brother. "Is there anything you want me to do." She said a bit cautious. Artemis didn't want to upset her brother as she walked towards him.

"I can persuade one of the servants to dance, or maybe to sing the traditional folk songs." She said as he continued to twirl.

Richard chuckled sadly. "I know Ebene.... I already know all of it..." He smiled at her. Richard sighed, and glared at Ebene, "But if you believe that letting the Dentrex and Jasper blessed live is a good idea. Then you are worse than you think." Richard said. He forced her to look at him in the eyes, "There is a bigger picture you need to think about Ebene. You are being selfish and immature when you act like this." He stepped back.

Richard continued to look at Ebene, "War will come. Whether or not we want it. Everyone you care about and everything you care about will be swept away by the Dentrex or Jasper. They are ruthless Ebene. You are too young to understand and you will remain that way if you don't stop and just obey me. I have no plans on giving up until I know both of those vile kingdoms are stopped." He turned and looked out the window, panting. "I kept you in the dark because I knew you would do this... I was hoping I was wrong but I guess I wasn't. You won't listen, you won't think. All you do is act without thought. You don't try to understand.... You don't try to learn... And if I had let you get away with this then we would all be condemned to death." Richard straightened up and looked back at his little sister. "Ebene, if you are not willing to do what needs to be done to make sure peace reigns then you are no better than a monster. We ARE blessed, but only if we use what we have for a greater purpose. The others are the ones who are cursed. They are corrupt and they take advantage of what they have. I am not a god nor will I ever be one. But I am blessed, and I will not stand idly by while our people are slaughtered and burned." He spoke with authority.

Ebene gritted her teeth, he thought he understood. He thought he knew. "This isn't about the war Richard. This isn't about the kingdoms, it is not about who is blessed. It is about what the blessings are, why they were created. I mean, do you even know what I am trying to do?" She bent down in pain. "If you knew Richard." Ebene said looking at him. "You would feel this pain, and you would understand why I want to die, why I need to die. Do you think that this blessing comes without a price. Do you ever question who created us, and what they are going to do. Did you ever question that maybe we were a mistake, or maybe we weren't made to rule but to be ruled. These kingdoms are nothing." Ebene said. "These kingdoms mean nothing than what is about to come." She said. "It isn't about who we are now, it is about who we are about to become."

(Again this may be a plot change, so tell me if you don't want. Plus Richard isn't wrong, Ebene is mad and their is just more too it, so I don't think he knows this unless he was captured. He wouldn't try and hurt the Thresh too unless he forced himself to forget what he had learned.)

"You are telling me stuff I already know!" Richard snapped at her. "Do you think I am an idiot?! Have you not been listening?! The kingdoms matter because I am the only one who understands this! If I don't do something to stop them then they will rule! I know better than you all of this." He scoffed, getting tired of Ebene. "You don't know pain, and if you want to die... then fine, kill yourself. But I am not about to throw away a chance to make sure things do not fall apart. You are in no place to think clearly it seems..." He took his long sword and cut off her bindings. "If you don't want to accept the truth of this then fine." Richard sheathed his sword and turned around. "How you feel or how I feel does not matter. The other two kingdoms needs to fall. The Dentrex and Jasper blessed must die. They are too corrupt to live." Richard spoke softly. "I have felt the pain you are feeling now long before you. But like I said... How we feel does not matter. Until I know for a fact that the other blessed won't be a threat to anyone, I can't stop the war." He closed his eyes and just stood there.

(Richard hurt the Thresh cause they messed with Ebene. He doesn't care about the Thresh as long as they don't start anything with him. Richard is the only one who actually understands how big of a threat the other blessed are which is why he wants them out of the way.)

"Doors are for land lubbers." Sieph swung himself into the carriage and singled for the driver to continue. The truth was Sieph didn't really like getting his shoes muddy. "Now, dear brother. What have you learned from the other blessed? Let me guess Ebene said nothing, Richard is still a prick, and Artemis played sweet music on her harp while her stupid brother danced." Sieph had always thought those meetings where a waste of time and did not try to hide his scorn. "Word on the Thresh would be nice though...Father has still captured no prisoners in the south and it seems Thresh in the north are retreating...That or gathering for a large scale attack. They are becoming quite a problem. Our campaign against Istpule cannot begin until something is done about the Thresh."

The carriage had passed through the city gates and was winding it's way to the castle. The council meeting had been scheduled for the moment Tyr returned home and Sieph hoped to come to an agreement on what to do before it began. The councilors, merchants, and politicians which made up Dentrex's legislation could be stubborn. Ultimately the royal family, if in consensus, had the final call, it was just much easier if they legislation was in agreement. Many of the citizens of Dentrex were employed by the legislators. The army was completely loyal to the crown however.

Tyr laughed at his brothers bravado and relaxed back into his seat. "Spot on brother, though Ebene did seem to steal the show towards the end, Richard was livid. It was hilarious." He laughed recalling the look of complete fury twisted across Richard's face. "Though the Prince did invent an ingenious way of detecting Thresh within our own borders, an interrogation method that was quite mundane but I'm sure I can find a way to have fun with it." He smiled darkly. "At the moment our problem seems to be we are simply fighting in the dark, I'm sure once we shed more light on the true nature of the Thresh we should be able to snuff them out, or perhaps find out their interests and use them to our advantage." He thought aloud.

Tyr dreaded the meeting to come. He was sick of politics and a sour taste came to his mouth at the thought of enduring yet another meeting. "Will father be there?" He asked nervously, obviously referring to the War counsel that awaited.

(Just wanted to point out, Richard didn't get angry at all during the meeting. Nor did he show anger. So yeah.)

(Richard doesn't get angry looks. He just gets serious and dark expressions. He does also snap but not in the way Tyr would refer to.)

"Father is still in the south. He seems is relinquishing more and more of his political power so that he can spend more time doing what he really loves. At least one person in this family enjoys politics." Sieph responded with a smile. He looked towards the south and noticed that the beacon pyre in the south had been lit and was pulsing away. "Haha!" Sieph pointed at the signal. "Look's like the meeting will actually be somewhat interesting for once...Thresh...Contact...Made. " Sieph repeated what the message coded. Dust could be seen above a line of horses galloping from the southern boards to the capitol. "What luck. Looks like the meeting will be postponed several hours so we can wait for their arrival. Perhaps father will be at the meeting." Sieph glanced to gauge Tyr reaction.

(I know that Richard knows all this, but everyone else doesn't so this is a way for them to know, also the Thresh are not as easy to find, they wouldn't entrust everything to him. Also I think this is Tyr's perspective so he may have exaggerated it a little because that is his personality. Just my take on it. )

"You can't defeat them on your own." Ebene said to him, now looking at him with worry. "How could you even believe that, and you didn't trust me?" Ebene said now confused. "Richard how do you even plan on defeating them, do you even know what they are? And killing all the other blessed. How do you plan on doing that, huh?" She looked down. "You talk to me as if you are so superior, as if you know everything, but you don't. You may know a lot Richard and more than me. You say you are not a God but sometimes you sure act like one." Ebene knew she was exaggerating, but she was mad. Ebene spread her wings, cringing as the one he had stepped on spread. It wasn't broken but his boot wasn't light. She flew from her window and far away from the castle.

Richard sighed, "I trained the Elites for a reason...." He shook his head. Richard didn't act like a god, ever, but he did have a superiority over Ebene in the aspects he showed. He wasn't arrogant, and he did have a plan to stop the blessed. Richard had trained his Elite army personally for the simply purpose of killing the blessed. Their allegiance was towards no one, they just took orders from Richard because he was their general. Richard had trained an army of Elites equally as large as the Itspule army. Richard knew he had to wait for the Dentrex and Jasper kingdoms to do their own thing before executing his plan.

Richard allowed Ebene to go, letting her do as she pleased. He had every right to not trust her. She betrayed and lied to him, and she talked back to him which wasn't something a princess did to a prince. Richard had his desert army move closer to the South and stand by. He sat in his throne and did all he could do.... wait.

(Does Richard know everything, because it won't give the other characters room to grow. I don't know where you are going with Richard, but he is starting to become a little too powerful compared to everyone else. I kinda want to take this a little slower, so when he knows everything and has a plan it might rush it. Ebene only knows that her mom is alive, there is another threat, and that she isn't made to be a "god")

(Richard knows about the mom, that there is another threat but he doesn't know the details of it, and he knows he isn't a god either. He has no idea what the Jasper are up to, or the Dentrex. Just because he knows what is going on with his kingdom doesn't make him to powerful. He is a master in politics and warfare, making him EXTREMELY smart in quite a few aspects. You need to not look too deep into it, because Richard doesn't know everything and isn't all powerful.)

I do need to read into it a little in order to understand your charater so I can decide how mine will react. I do want to have ebene say something slightly intelligent. (Well, its not that type of all powerful. I kinda mean by he knows everything Ebene has said and is right about eerything and she is wrong. So please just explain that as you write because it is harder for some people to understand the background information, especially because he is planning on killing many of the blessings. It just has put my character in a tight spot when it comes to cooperation and over powering. I like that he knows this stuff but I had planned on it originally being new info which is why they called her down. They knew she didn't like pointless wars and that she would keep the secret. Also could you explain how Richard found out just so we can have some back up info. Sorry this is really long... I am just really confuzzled w/ your character.)

(Richard has had been dealing with them for a whole year. They had a partnership and he had obtained plenty of info like that. Also she can give him details ON the new threat since all he knows is that it exists. He spent years training his Elites so they could slay the blessed easily. Richard knows OF things, but not all the info about them.)

(Okay, but the Blessed have also been training for years when it comes to fighting, and are you really planning on slaying them, cause that would mean those people couldn't rp on here unless they were raised from the dead or created a new character. Also @noremac @SirFlabberghaspy @Allcure @The Queen what do you think? I am gonna delete everything after we figure this out so speak now or forever hold your peace. Ik its not on the other chat so I would ask we start discussing this stuff there after we get our characters up to date.)

(It is Richard's PLAN. That means that it isn't set in stone as to whether or not it will work. That is why I told you to stop looking too deep. You are missing the big picture okay? So stop looking so hard. There are plot twists remember?)

(The Dentrex have a stable war council and an organized kingdom, the Jasper have a crap ton of secrets and hidden everything so they are pretty stable themselves. All Itspule has is a grand military, two generals bred for battle, and a desert.)

(Exactly! Which is why I made the post I did. I want this RP to go VERY VERY far before any actual combat is initiated. I think Fallen is just taking things a bit too fast.)

(At first I agreed with the fallen a bit. I was confused on what was going on because when you had said that Richard was mobilizing troops and had a plan it sounded as if he was about to attack. But now everything is more clear, also I think the Fallen didn't want people to die so soon and was trying to take it slower. I personally think everyone is getting confused with this so maybe we just need to ELABORATE a little more when it comes to war strategy. I like how @noremac is explaining it so I think we should kinda do it like that. Just my opinion :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back