The Black Ale IC Thread

"Death?" Kat asked rhetorically, now her attention was caught, and her mind exploded with questions. "So both of us are destined to become "Queen." And if none of us take it, we die? Great. But that also means one of us doesn't become Queen, what happens to them?" Katerina asked curiously. She certainly didn't want to die. But she despised pirates. How could she rule? She just wanted to steal. 

Kat swung herself off the table and pulled out one knife from her vest, and another from her boot, she began casually sharpening her both knives, walking around the room before another question popped into her mind. "What if I left the ship like, right now?" Katerina asked with raised eyebrows. 

Novis glared at Gareth as he moved her ale out of the way. She stopped for a moment. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Oi, if you didn't want me to drink my way into sleeping you should have considered finding another place besides a bar to take a rest. If you want me to stay sober we better get the fuck out of here."[/COLOR] She grumbled, sipping a bit from her drink. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"And the sooner he get's rid of his religion the easier it will be for him to swallow some booze, grab his junk and get on a boat. Religion is a piece of shit anyway. Even though I am partial to my teachings, religion is a false hope of someone else fixing your shit. You can't trust anyone with that shit."[/COLOR]

He was about to say something to try and defend religion, but in the end Gareth just shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head in agreement. "I didn't pick anything. You just decided to walk in here and start drinking. But since you insist on leaving, we might as well. Perhaps we'll find something interesting as we walk around." Fantastic, an opportunity to get her out of the bar and stop drinking as well as leaving the kid that had stolen his pistol. Speaking of, he checked himself one last time just to make sure nothing else had mysteriously ended up in someone else's hands.

Alex looked at Kat watching her carefully before looking over to Griffin who just sat there watching them "I don't believe in destiny anyways... we all have a choice and we choose our own fate, and if fate can change than what is destiny?" she said simply and crossed her arms "I'm not destined to be some queen... no matter what your demon magic tells you." she added with a sneer. She certainly didn't agree with this demon magic and even more so certainly would not be apart of it. 

Her eyebrow raised as she listened to Katirna's questions she certainly had some good ones. "She has a point, we can't both be queen" she said shaking her head "Granted I probably would be more qualified to lead given I have a better education but she's more of a pirate type than me." She added matter of fact in a rather condescending tone. Yup, the noble woman was now more relaxed and back to her usual self judgmental and condescending sounded about right. 

Griffin shrugged at her first question. "I'm not sure what happens to the other... No King or Queen has ever had two successors at once." Griffin watched her pace around the room and every once in a while look over to Alexandra... But Alexandra wasn't exactly quiet either. The more Alex spoke the more Griffin's face looked dumbfounded. He was shocked at her words and attitude towards, well anything. Griffin looked over to Kat, "Please be the one..." Griffin blinked, "I can't even take two seconds of..." He looked over to Alex and with his hand motioned to all of her, "that......"

Rem and Beck made their way down to the cells. Supper was almost ready so they thought it would be best to let the men out. They did have a rough day... And well the Black Ale isn't the kind of ship one would want to run into. "So it's both of them?" Rem asked looking to Beck. Beck shrugged. "I have my own theory's on the matter." Beck held out a hand to Rem who in turn handed him a ring full of keys. Beck made his way to the cells and unlocked the doors. "Alright men.." Beck smirked to them as Rem stood not to far away with an extra lantern. 

"The only places you're aloud to go is the mess hall and the main deck." Beck stated. He then motioned for them to follow him as him and Rem started to lead the way up to the main deck. 

Katerina spun around  at Alexandra's comment of the education and her being a "pirate type." Katerina gritted her teeth from biting the woman head off and glanced at Griffen, seeing his reaction at her attitude. Kat had plenty of education, she had used to be a noble. But an amused smirk came to her lips as she spoke in a condescending tone "Math won't stab a pirate dear. And you should  know that, you do have more education after all." Katerina hissed the last part with a smirk before turning to Griffen "Bratty thing, yes I know. Now, I don't mind killing or stealing. I've done it before. But how can one rule the very thing they despise?" Kat's voice softened at the last part, nearly a murmur. Her family's faces flashed through her head a moment and she zoned out before closing her eyes a moment and bringing her attention back to Griffen. 

Griffin looked to Kat and shrugged, "I can't really help you with that... Mostly because I don't know or understand why you hate 'all' pirates." Griffin had meet many people like this. They hated all pirates because one crew thought they could just do what ever they wanted. Most pirates had codes that they followed by. Even the crew of the Black Ale had codes. 

Griffin let out a rough sigh as he sat back in his chair and looked over to Alexandra and then back to Kat. Both were like complete opposite, and yet both a bit snobby. But that didn't change the fact that they were both chosen. It didn't matter where they were in the world or what they were doing before this... They were both chosen somehow and one of them will be the next leader of the red clan. Griffin got up and looked around at some of the trunks that were left along side the room. Alex still needed to change... If Masa came back and saw that she still was dressed in her old clothes.. Griffin grumbled not wanting to think about how his captain would act. 

Alex narrowed her eyes at Kat as she made her comment. It annoyed her that she was slightly right when it came down to it she wouldn't be good in a fight not matter how much education she had. She was about to speak when she glanced over to Griffin pointing to her and glared 'well of course you can't handle all of me, because I'm a proper lady.' she thought, but what really through her temper was Kat calling her out on it. 'Bratty thing' she thought in disgust. She crossed her arms in anger but decided she would be the bigger person and not comment on what both of them said. However Kat's last thought made her pause and her face softened a moment. She despised pirates, perhaps she was misjudging the woman. 

The noble woman took in a few breaths and watched as Griffin looked around "What makes us so special? you can't tell me destiny chose us? What was it that you did to us... magic?" She asked her voice softer and curious. She took to heart what Kat called her, it was one thing to hear of it from the men on board the St. Anne but to hear of it from another woman even if a thief it meant something entirely and she didn't like it. 

One of the men was lightly tapping his head on the cell door but stopped when he heard Rem and Beck come up to the cell. "Thank God!" he said what everyone was thinking as they filed out. The man who was going to give Khaos a good punch in the face walked past him shoving him back slightly "I'd rather drown than be stuck with you... crazy." he grumbled to himself. Khaos watched the men file out with a crazed look in his eyes his electric blue eye shown in the firelight while the hazel eye seemed to dull 

"they really don't like you" He whispered in a raspy voice. 

"Once again, Shadow, you're mistaken.. it's you they don't like." Khaos responded as he walked out of the cell. He was the last to step out and he just smiled it was as though nothing could ruin his day. He followed after the rest of the men clearly enjoying their annoyance with him and his so called 'friend' Shadow. He wondered where Alexandra was and what became of her fate, 'maybe she would be taken down a few notches being among high and mighty pirates' he thought and that only made him grin more.

Katerina chuckled at seeing Alexandra's anger. Maybe she actually thought about what they said. Or maybe she was pissed, either way, Katerina didn't like her. The more the girl spoke, the more Kat seemed to hate her, Kat turned to Griffen, deciding answer him first. "People hate pirates because they think your a band of drunken, murdering, thieving lunatics. Which is nearly correct. I'm gonna guess Alexandra was raised to believe so, while I have my own reasons." Kat explained calmly. Kat raised her eyebrows as Alexandra's voice came out more softly, maybe she actually did say something to get the girl out of her attitude. 

Kat groaned. She was bored and it was taking to much time for Alexandra to pick something out. She sharply looked at Alexandra "Would you just pick out a dress or something so we can move on." Katerina said through gritted teeth, hardly containing her irritation with Alexandra. She wondered what Griffen thought of all this. 

By the time Rem and Beck took the captives to the main deck the sun was into a full set. Rem watched as the captives made their way to the deck one by one. Beck stood next to him but you could tell the gunner master had something else on his mind besides the captives. More so his mind and some of his attention was focused on Masa. 

Masa roamed the quarter deck by the helm. His eyes were an intense red as they peered out into the night waters. 

This gave Beck a slight chill, no matter how warm his skin would always be. "We should be extra careful." Beck told Rem. Rem nodded as he continued to watch and count the captives. "With all these people on board and with to princess...." Beck reached around to a pouch strapped to his belt and pulled out an already rolled cigarette. He placed it to his lips and covered the end with his hand. A small flame ignited in the palm of his hand and he took in a few good puffs to get the smoke going.

Rem glanced over to Beck before letting his eyes shift in the direction towards Masa. Without many words, Rem knew what Beck was worried about.

Griffin didn't even bother to look back at either of the girls as he looked over the trunks. He felt like his question had gone greatly unanswered. "You pretty much only described why the world hates pirates... Not why 'you' hate pirates." Griffin turned on his heels when Alex asked her question about them being chosen. He could tell them what he knew but he felt it only fair to keep the scores even. They didn't want to open up and share, then he would play the same game. 

"Magic, sorcery.... It's all the same." He shrugged. He tilted his head as he looked from Kat to Alex and then back to Kat. "As for why it's the two of you." Griffin glanced down at his hands, "We wont know until one of you becomes the next red clan leader." Griffin played his words off as if they were nothing. He turned back to the trunks and continued to look over the clothing. 

Alexandra slightly smirked at Griffin's comment to Kat about her explanation, until her eyes snapped back over to the pirate as he spoke of magic. "It's all quite odd.." she said trying to think of a good word for her and Kat's predicament. "and do you even know how that is going to happen?" she asked quite curious to how everything would play out. After all it seemed that never has two been chosen for the leader... Yes, that's what he said the red clan leader. She wondered what it was that made it her a possible candidate. Of course she was of nobility and therefore could be the better candidate due to her most likely better skills to actually lead. She knew the other stuff.. not so much and she wasn't sure she would want to stoop down to so of a level to be a leader of a pirate crew... no matter how powerful and famous they were. 

The young woman watched as he looked over the trunks and stepped closer. "surely with all the raiding you must do as pirates you would have something fit for a lady to wear?" she asked picking up a cream blouse and black pants. "it's no dress but they look like they would fit me better..." she said her tone of voice was one of reason but the look on her face showed the distaste in the clothes. Grabbing them she walked into the other room not about to change in front of a man or even in front of Kat. She slipped out of the old garments and into the new ones the pants still slightly big but doable and the shirt hugged her curves better than the last. She came back out where Griffin and Kat remained and waited for him to approve of the outfit or not. 

@NovaNovass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back