The Black Ale IC Thread

Katerina sighed as Alexandra said no. She was completely useless other then a good conversational partner. Kat just picked up a nice comb she could use for a lock pick when she turned to see the windows  rattle, and the St Anne burst into flames. 

Katerine watched Alex gape, and couldn't help but do the same, Kats mouth fell open in shock. She didn't care about the men on there, she was pretty sure she left a perfectly good apple on there. "Damn.." Katerina murmured out loud, staring at the golden-red flames. All because of this one noble girl. Katerina just shook her head, wondering why she was so important, other then the amount of gold she could get the pirates. Sure seemed like a lot of trouble for just some cash. Kat could only guess the St.Anne crew we're in cells, so that left them here. Kat dropped the comb as she heard the doorknobs turn. 

Kat  at glared at the man that made her strip before striding out the door. Play the game. The last thing she needed was more restrains. 

Beck stood at the other end of the room by the main door. He pointed to the chairs closest to Masa at the table. 

Masa motioned to Kat and Alex as well. "Please, come have a seat ladies." He said to them looking them over. Already by the way that they walked Masa could pick out which one was Alexandra. It wasn't hard now that he had time to take in the details. His eyes settled on Kat though. Even if there were looking for Alexandra..... Well really they were looking for a girl that was to be in that location during this time. So this was going to be a very interesting turn out if they were really looking for Kat and not Alex. 

Masa looked over to Griffin and pointed to Kat, "This one first." He told his navigator. 

Griffin nodded as he walked over to the table and pulled out a chair for Kat to sit in. 

"You wont feel a thing my princess." Masa smiled at Kat. "It will all be over before you know it. 

Alex followed Kat out of the room to the main room where Masa was sitting at the table. She didn't say a word and the last thing she wanted to do was sit at a table who just murdered innocent men. She tensed and tried to walk not like a noble but that was difficult. She was trained her whole life how to walk, sit, and talk properly... something that certainly couldn't be undone in one day. 

She stopped to see Masa point to Kat and a chair pulled out for her. Alex felt her eyes narrow at Masa as he spoke to Kat and called her princess. She was curious to what he had in mind for the both of them, either way it scared her. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat let out an exaggerated groan at seeing Masa at the table, Katerina glanced behind her to see if there was a way out, but knew there was no way to run either way. She didn't know what it was, but there was something about the captain the made Katerina uncomfortable or even a little scared. 

Kat at glanced at two chairs closet  to Masa, and internally groaned, getting an uneasy feeling as Masa pointed to her. She was first. For what? Katerina had a cautious approach and warily sat in the chair Griffen pulled out for her. "You won't feel a thing my princess." Masa spoke and Kat tensed, ready for any move made against her. "I beg to differ." Kat snapped sarcastically. Generally, Katerina would gotten up and ran, but with Griffen behind her and Masa next to her, she knew there was no chance in hell she would be leaving. Katerina just leaned as far away from Masa as she could, glancing at Alexandra for a moment, knowing she'd be next. Before glaring at Masa suspiciously. 

Masa smiled to Kat as if he could sense her feelings and read her thoughts about what was going to happen. His eyes slowly shifted up to Griffin who looked a little more nervous then Kat... But strangers could not tell this just by looking at him. Griffin happen to be a very hard person to read at times and this could be one of them. 

Griffin glanced back to Masa only for a spit second. His eyes fell back to Kat's shoulders. He placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her forward so that she would be leaning forward as much as he could get her to. He took hold of the back of her shirt and lifted it up to reveal her back to him. Griffin used one hand to hold her shirt up and to keep her from sitting back up. His free hand hovered over her skin and he had to gulp before placing his hand on the center of her back. 

What happen next made the temperature in the room drop.... Griffin froze and his eyes changed color. They were already red, but now even the whites in his eyes were red. About thirty seconds went by before Griffin suddenly moved again. With a good push in his step, he stepped back and his hands ran to his eyes quickly. His breathing was heavy and he looked a bit shaken. 

Masa watched Griffin with a very curious look, "Well?" Masa asked in a calm voice. 

Griffin shook his head and removed his hands from his eyes. He blinked trying to regain his sight. "Something's missing." Griffin voice was even quiet. A lot different from moments ago. Masa frowned a bit and looked over to Alexandra, "Maybe she has the other half." He said with a hint of disappointment. Masa looked to Alexandra, "Have a seat." He told her. 

Alex watched curiously as Griffin shoved Kat forward and revealed her back. She tensed as the temperature dropped and she rubbed her arms trying to get rid of the goosebumps. She didn't like how Griffin's eyes changed 'demon' she thought to herself and it scared her even more. Her attention went from Griffin as he rubbed his eyes to Masa 'other half' she wondered and looked puzzled 'other half of what.' she thought. 

She took in a breath and sat down slowly. Her eyes stayed focused on Masa before her head turned to look at Griffin figuring he was about to do the same thing to her but she wanted to know exactly what it was he was doing. 

Katerina was unsettled once more as Masa smiled, but didn't have enough time to think about it. Kat let out as small gasp as she was shoved forward. The moment Griffen started to lift up the back of her shirt, Katerina instantly tried to sit up, but Griffen kept her down with one hand. 

Kat froze as Griffen's hard hovered over her back and then landed on the center of her back. She didn't know if it was from her back being exposed, or the room actually got colder. Katerina stared at the table, holding her breath before she felt Griffen remove his hands, she inhaled, she had been holding her breast from the tension and spun around to look at Griffen, who looked shaken, she glanced back and forth between Masa and Griffen, listening to there conversation with curious eyes. 

Kat watched Alexandra sit down, Katerina watched her intently, wanting to see what Griffen had done to her. She silently wondered what they were doing, and looking for. She opened her mouth to ask, but closed it. Never ask. 

Once Alexandra took her seat Griffin pushed her forward just like he had done with Kat. He was about to lift up her shirt when he had to pause and take in a few good breaths. He proceeded on and lifted her shirt up, followed by his hand being placed on the center of her back. The temperature in the room had once gone back to it's normal heat like state, only to disappear once again as his eyes shot full red. Griffin froze one more as his eyes started to turn a much darker red. 

After so many seconds Griffin was quick to step back, this time a soft cry passed his lips as his hands rushed to his eyes. "Son of...." Griffin held back his words as he grumbled. Griffin feel to one knee and almost all the way over if he didn't stop himself. He used a hand to catch the floor, to reveal blood dripping form the corners of his eyes. It wasn't much but his eyes looked like they had just been set on fire. He pulled himself up and leaned against the table as best as he could. He was still trying to rub his eyes and this time he used some of his shirt to wipe the blood away too. 

Masa was sure to give Griffin some time after that, but it wasn't much. "Well?" he asked. He sounded a lot more serious... Maybe even agitated or angered in some manor. 

Griffin gave his eyes one more good wipe down with his shirt before looking over to Masa.... He shook his head... "You're not going to like this..." Griffin looked over to both of the girls. "They're both princess'." Griffin looked from one to the other... "I've never seen it or even heard of this happening before." Griffin looked over to Masa who was looking at both of the girls. His eyes narrowed and the heat in the room was getting stronger.  

Disappointment filled Novis' body as he mentioned nothing, and she took another long sip. She was hoping she could turn up solid evidence of a ship, or a location. Something she could reasonably attack. But alas, it seems Gareth came up with squat. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Well, we could go after them if you want. I mean, I ain't the best with sweet talkin' but I can try." [/COLOR]She stated, taking another swig. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"I really wished that man had turned up some names. Maybe he needs a little nudge, eh?" [/COLOR]She asked, hand sliding towards her gun before setting her cup down with a slam.

She had good timing with her slam, as a man next to her spoke, more so to Gareth than to her. Her light eyebrow shot towards her hairline. This guy couldn't be older than twenty. He was short, and seemed to be paying attention only to Gareth. Now Novis wasn't much of an attention hog, but a sarcastic laugh did bubble in her throat. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Yeah? Well keep your gun in you holster or I might have to do it for you shortie[/COLOR]." She stated bluntly, swallowing the last of her alcohol. She motioned for another. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"A place like this isn't a place for a kid like you. Go home." [/COLOR]She mentioned, waiting for her next cup of alcohol. She was in no mood to deal with dumb kids.

@Beowulf@Destructus Kloud

The boy looked at the woman oddly, "But this is my home? Well, it's the closest thing to it at least. Oh, and it's not mine. I was just out your friends gun." He grinned as he placed the gun in front of the man beside himself, swing his legs on the chair. He was only below average height and weight by a bit for a normal kid, at least he thought so anyway. That's a hey it annoy annoyed that at his age his feet could still only barely brush the floor with these stools, "Bah! They should make the chairs shorter! How am I supposed to sit comfortably like this?" He complained, giving out a long drawn out sigh, doing so again if he went unnoticed by the woman that had told him to go home. 

@IceQueen @Beowulf

Alexandra tensed as she was shoved forward and her shirt lifted she shivered at the air exposed to her skin. She inhaled sharply feeling Griffin's hand touch the center of her back. She didn't realize it until he let go of her that she hadn't been breathing the few seconds he was touching her. She paused to calm herself before turning towards Griffin seeing him on the floor and blood... she blinked, yep it was blood he was wiping away from his eyes. She looked puzzled at Griffin's words 'princess' she thought and looked to Kat before she felt it get hotter in the room her attention last fell on Masa who was looking at both her and Kat. She felt uneasy and was sure she didn't want to know what they were talking about. 

She adjusted herself in her seat and made sure her shirt was pulled down to not expose anymore skin than she had to. She still tensed her nerves were getting the better of her as she sat there and waited.

Gareth didn't react as quickly as he would have liked, something he blamed on being dumbstruck. Someone had managed to not only sneak up on him while he was in a corner, but take one of his pistols at that. Now that should be a feet that kid was proud of, up until the point that it earned him a bullet. Pulling himself together, he snatches the pistol out of the kids hand and makes sure that nothing had been messed with. And for that matter he checked the rest of his things to make sure they were where they were supposed to be. Once confirming that they were in fact there, he holsters the missing pistol once again and says to the kid "If you touch my guns again, I will kill you. Understood?" He had spent good money getting them all. A single barreled pistol didn't cost to much, but add a second barrel and firing mechanism and the price doubled if not tripled, they were essentially adding another gun on after all. And he'd be damned if he let some punk kid take one for free.

Katerina watched with wide eyes as Griffen did the same to Alexandra, noticing his pause before he placed the hands on her back. She could only guess it was some form of magic, and it seemed to make him nervous, or uncomfortable. What the hell was he doing? Kat let out a small gasp Griffen's eyes turned the most unnatural she'd ever seen... Demonic. A Crimson red. 

Katerina was relived as warmth flooded back into the room, only to be disappointed moments later as the room became cold. Katerina crossed her arms as goosebumps formed in her arms to keep warm and watched in awe as Griffen stood frozen, his hand on Alexandra's back. 

Kat at watched with interest as Griffen let out a soft cry and fell to the floor, although not completely, much to Kat's disappointment. Katerina's eyes widened in shock as his eyes dripped with blood. She watched Griffen wipe blood out of his eyes before her head whipped over to Masa, who sounded quite agitated. As Griffen explained the situation to Masa, Kat noticed he looked quite shocked as he explained it. Princesses? What?! Kat looked at Alexandra, who was looking at her as well in confusion, Katerina felt instant tension in the room and it grow quite hot in the room, her eyes fell on Masa, who looked quite pissed as he stared at both women. Kat, noticeably scooted her chair, slightly farther from Masa, her stomach tied in a knot with uneasiness. 

Novis looked at Gareth, and then the kid, snorting slightly. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Oh he got you good. Might want to sharpen up those reflexes." [/COLOR]She jested, prodding his side lightly. Her third cup had arrived.[COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)] "I probably should slow down but who cares?!"[/COLOR] she said, taking another long swig.[COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)] "Though the killing part you shouldn't take lightly. He's saved my ass more times than I can count. Besides, I'd sooner let him put a bullet in your head than you try and pinch his finger." [/COLOR]She said, still sitting on her stool. The little boy was noticeably irritated, sighing again and again as she ignored him the first time. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Tough cookies. Get over it. You'll be short for the rest of your life." [/COLOR]She said, glaring down at him from her own stool. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"If you can't sit comfortably sit on the damn floor. Not like we can see you any better on a stool."[/COLOR] She mumbled, swallowing again.

He pulled a face at the man threatening him, "I'm no thief! I'm a monk who's trying to become a pirate! Therefore, I'm not a thief- yet!" He smiled, proud of himself for getting that far. He was not the brightest of people at times, but he made for that with his speed and instincts at least. Oh, and his luck. 

"Nah, if I eat well and drink milk, I'll grow much taller than this. Maybe even taller than you." He frowned slightly at the next cup of beer the woman ordered, "Alcohol is prohibited in the world of religion. I don't think God would look upon you too kindly for drinking that. Unless it's blessed holy wine of course." He he told Her, thinking back to the teachings of his father. 

@Beowulf @IceQueen

"Ok... So they are both princess', which one is ours?" Masa asked in an annoyed tone of voice. 

Griffin let his shoulders drop as he was still catching his breath for a second more. He took in one good breath and then exhaled before answering. "They are both ours." He said blankly. "They have the....." Griffin paused and glanced to the girls for a second. "Maybe we should talk about this without them here...?" Griffin hoped Masa would excuse the girls but got the opposite. "They are both now part of this.." Masa leaned forward in his chair. The heart started to rise once more. 

Griffin gritted his teeth a bit as he continued knowing Masa's temper. "They both have your symbol.... One of them will be the next red king..." Griffin paused, "Queen..." He shrugged to the girls not sure what title they wanted. "Either way one of them will be the next leader of the red clan." 

Beck crossed his arms over his chest as he listened to both Masa and Griffin. "Has something like this ever happened before?" Beck asked. Griffin looked over to Beck and shook his head. "There is only one heir to each king." Griffin looked back to Masa.

Masa was already deep in thought. Masa broke his train of thought and stood up. "Get them something better to wear." He said looking over the two. "I will not have my successors looking like shit." He looked to Griffin. Griffin frowned and looked away breaking eye contact with Masa quickly. "You will look after them." He added making Griffin look to Masa in shock. "But..." "I don't want to hear it." Masa placed a hand up to Griffin. "Their marks have yet to awaken, till then they have no power. You will guard them at all times." Masa started to make his way to the door and stopped in front of Beck. "I will be in my study... and will not be disturbed... Until supper. If Griffin needs any help.. You and the others will aid him." Masa told Beck. 

Beck nodded as he opened the door for Masa. After Masa left Beck shut the door behind him. Beck looked to Griffin as Griffin looked to Beck. "Looks like you have your hands full." Beck shrugged as he recrossed his arms over his chest. Griffin let out a breath as he looked over to both Kat and Alexandra. 

Novis sighed, pulling against the skin of her face. The boy didn't stop talking. Now Novis was getting irritated. Turning towards him, Novis' gaze narrowed and she sighed. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"Look kid, I don't care who you were, and what you want to be, but if you keep telling me what to do you will sooner find your head separated from your body. Also, hate to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as a single god, heck they may not even be one at all. It is quite clear that whatever baloney your monks teach isn't real. I can drink all the hell I want, and if you try and tell me otherwise I will tie you to the back of a boat and have them sail off through shark infested waters." [/COLOR]She added, glaring down at him. [COLOR= rgb(173, 216, 230)]"If you want to be a pirate than you best give up your faith, because nothing can save you from the will of the ocean."[/COLOR] She added, swallowing more of her drink.

Fort Pearl

Ivan had been watching the little group at the end of the bar with some interest for some time. Mostly because they were starting to get loud. But he could care less as a familiar face made her way into his tavern. "Ah... Miss Abigail." He smiled as he motioned towards his shelf of drinks. "Drink on the house?" he asked as he looked her over. She dripped with beauty and grace.... Something no one would expect from a whore who recently became a madam. 

Abigail smiled and nodded, "Just one please." She stated as she found a seat. 

Ivan went to his wall of liquors and pulled down a very nice and very old wine he knew Abigail loved. A home brew he now only makes for her. "What brings you here?" He asked as he opened the bottle. Normally he would get an order from one of her house girls and he would just send her a few bottle every week. So for her to even leave her brothel this meant she had important news or maybe even some information Ivan could use. 

Ivan let the bottle breath for a minute before pouring her a glass and sliding it over to her. Abigail crossed her hands over her lap as she gave Ivan a very interesting look. "I recently have come across some information involving our most profitable Captain." She said. There was a slight twinkle in her eye as she glanced around making sure others were not listening in. 

Alexandra listened intently as they spoke her jaw nearly dropped from what she heard. 'princess.... their princess... his successor' her thoughts whirled in her head which made her groan and rub her temples. This was way too much for her to take in. Of course she was a noble and well fit to be one but even she didn't see herself being anything more beyond that. 'Impossible' she thought. Whatever these demons were apart of she didn't want it. In fact she would rather die than stoop so low as to fall into the devil's work. Like most she disagreed with magic and any who used such were demons who deserved death and hell. Harsh but that was what she was taught and she couldn't just go back on her family heritage. She shook her head, no he had to be mistaken. 

She glanced over at Katrina curious of her reaction to all of this before looking down at the clothes she was wearing 'something proper would be nice' she thought but then chased away the thought 'no no no.... they're demons don't even be apart of it.' she scolded herself. However there was something inside of her that wanted to know more. She remained in silence figuring it was best. 

"And I don't think your god smiles upon piracy to much either." he said. But he did point out a good point. So he casually moved the ale just out of reach the next time Novis went to drink. "Don't over do it." he told her before moving it back to where it had been. Then again, he could have left it just out of reach. A little pay back for jabbing him with one of her fingers. "Let the boy have his religion. I mean, he'll be going against all it's teachings anyways, so might as well let him enjoy it for a while longer."

Katerina's  jaw dropped, princesses... Pirates... Red queen...  Kat nearly face slammed into the table. She exhaled slowly into the table, listening to Masa and Griffen finish their conversation. Kat shook her head, desperately wishing she wasn't hearing this, wishing she was back on the streets stealing from lesser pirates. Wishing she wasn't stuck on a damn pirate King ship. Wishing she never set foot on the pile of ash that was now the St.Anne. 

Kat lifted her head from the table, clearly tired of the mound of problems that continued throughout the day. She looked at Alexandra, wondering if she would do it, because she sure as hell wasn't. The moment the ship hit land, she was leaving. Katerina stood up and ran a hand stressfully through her raven black hair. Katerina and looked at Alexandra "Not it. No way in hellll. I think it's time you get a promotion." Kat's voice dropped with sarcasm in her last sentence, but the rest of her words were serious. 

Katerina spun around and looked at Griffen "Since your technically 'babysitting'" us, I want my gear." Kat said in a serious tone, folding her arms. After all, Masa did say he didn't want his "successors" looking like shit. And she certainly wasn't wearing a dress, or a pirate getup. 

Beck smiled trying to hide a laugh when he saw Kat's reaction. He made his way over to Griffin when she asked for her stuff back. Beck leaned over to Griffin, "I think I already picked my favorite out of the two." Beck nodded to Kat as he placed a finger on his nose. "Like the fire princess said... Not it." Beck laughed looking over to Griffin. Beck placed an arm on Griffin's shoulder on for Griffin to shrug it off and head over to the trunk he had placed Kat's things into. 

Griffin unlocked the trunk and pulled out all of Kat's things. He went back over to the table and placed them in front of her. Beck cleared his throat and pointed to Alexandra, "You forgot one." he said with a large smirk on his face. Griffin had a very distinctive annoyed look on his face at this point. "I think I can handle this." Griffin told Beck. Beck shrugged, "Let me know if you need any help then." he stated before heading out of the room and back to the main deck. 

Griffin waited till the door was shut before looking to Alexandra, "I'm sure we have something around here that will fit you better.." He looked over her clothes. It looked like someone had just thrown her a bunch of old rags to put on. Nothing seemed to fit. 

Alex glared at Kat and raised her eyebrows "Don't look at me" she said raising her hands "I'm a noble... there's no way i'm some successor to some demon king." she said crossing her arms. There it was the bratty attitude. She looked at Griffin and then Beck who looked like he was having way too much fun with it. She watched as he left and then looked at Griffin as he spoke to her. "Yes that idiotic navigator thought it would be best to dress me up like a boy so i was thrown into these ugly things to protect me from the pirates..." she rolled her eyes and huffed in frustration. "Not to mention everythign that looked decent and fit me quite nicely was left on the St. Ann and shook her head "That's the last time i follow advice from someone whose mentally insane." She let out an exasperating sigh shaking her head. 

Kat rolled her eyes at Alexandra's typical noble attitude. Katerina turned so her back was to them and then began to literally undress, throwing off the rags with no shame and spoke to Alexandra as she changed "Don't be such a brat. I'm a thief, that steals from pirates, and I certainly wouldn't want to "rule" them. So I guess your just gonna have to start learning how to become a pirate. We'll call it... Pirate 01. Because the moment this ship hits land, I'm leaving." Kat said flatly and dressing back into her gear.

She exhaled, relived to have decent clothes back on. She put her black waves into a long side braid that rested on her shoulder, stuck together with a pin. She had pins hidden everywhere, along with her knives. She stashed her journal back into her satchel. Katerina checked certain spots in her gear, making sure she had all her items and rolled her eyes at Alexandra's distress of wearing "boy clothes". Could you run in skirts? Noooo. Katerina sat on the table, crossing her legs and waiting for Alexandra to hurry up. 

Griffin watched the two girls, both bickering like it was their job. He blinked at how rude and arrogant both of them were. To him there wasn't much of a difference. Both were saying no to their destiny which if Griffin could recall correctly... There really was no way out of being apart of the seven kings. Griffin let himself sit in one of the chairs as he continued to watch the two girls. 

Griffin looked at the main door and thought about how he would rather have Beck back here making fun of him then hear the girls bitch. But he really didn't have a choice either way. "The only way to get out of this is if you both die." Griffin shrugged as he leaned back in his chair. "And you will have to die before the present king's time is up...."His words were a bit horrifying in his own mind. He knew about how Masa had changed. It was in plain sight from time to time, but Griffin spent a lot of time with Masa.... He believed Masa's condition was getting worst by the day. It might not be long until Masa goes crazy from the power of the red king and ends up killing his own men. 

Griffin tried to turn his thoughts to something better, but that wasn't happening any time soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back