The Barren Mother

@Bree123

Sadly, my character falls under the 'other' catogory, which means he isn't friends with the main group. The thing is anyway though, Rod would've been a really bad friend even if Brian had decided to befriend him or whatever. I mean, he's so in his own world that he totally wouldn't care at all for Brian's family and what he was going through, sadly for you XP Apologies for completely crushing your idea, but I honestly think Rod would've always been too distanced, and even if Brian had seen the link and tried to befriend him, he'd soon have been alienated by Rod's weird behaviour and driven away when he realised that Rod's too much in his own world to care. Sorry!

Still, I think there could have been a nice moment before when Brian was being teased by everybody in his down period, and found himself with Rod. Rod would've maybe ended up saying out of the blue that he wasn't bother by it, and maybe that is what makes Brian protective of him, because he was inadvertantly there for his in his time of need. Maybe he appreciates that unlike other, Rod doesn't judge.

So yeah, sorry to completely rain on that parade xD

@Bree123

Wh-what?

Not like Nick?

How could anyone dislike that judgmental, narcissistic bundle of joy [at the expense of others]?

bahaha jk jk

Well, regardless of Brian's opinion of him (which may be altered slightly after I speculate over this), I don't think there is very much that Nick dislikes about him.

No one else really mentioned having the tree house, so I think you earned that by default, haha. cx

To be perfectly honest, Nick regards the tree house somewhat with childish glee, so he would definitely want to keep on Brian's good side (t-totally not for materialistic reasons, but I mean, a tree house is pretty cool /sweats), but with Brian just being level-headed and overall nice, there isn't really much for him to complain about in the first place.

Now, Nick would get annoyed with BRIAN getting annoyed at his behavior, but since the fault roots back to him, the most he could complain is about Brian "cramping his style" or some variety of the term, and otherwise it would just frustrate him.

I'm thinking at this point that his more nasty and malicious pranks are sort of held privately between himself, Orion, and occasionally co-starring Noah, because everyone else is just too nice and wouldn't appreciate it. xD

lololol de is like literally the only thing holding this group together

But with all of that in mind, I think they might be okay to joke most of the time, and though in a slightly different way, they are both athletes, too, so there might be a tad bit of bonding over that.

Lucky said De might occasionally be interested in going out for runs with him, which might be something Brian would be into maybe maybe?

I know for a fact, though, Nick would be beyond annoyed by the community's reaction to the whole deal with Brian's father, which very well could send him into protective mode.

"Why would anyone even make fun of you for that? I mean, there's so many other things to pick on you for, like how you look like you came straight out of a boy band, why isolate that? That just makes no sense."

^ possibly the most comforting words that may or may not have come out of Nick's mouth.

Then I noticed in your bio that you mentioned Brian occasionally going to parties and things.

When did that start for him?

because i might have a small idea regarding that

I'm sure I had more to say, but I'll leave it just at this for the moment hahaaaaa.

oh but jsyk since you mentioned him liking orion and (someone i can't remember too lazy to check) for being protective... nick is very protective too lol

he will definitely get into fights for people

he's p faithful to the bro code

Last edited by a moderator:
idk why but suddenly im tired and i don't want to reply to the ooc rn, but im gonna anyways

i read everything tho

idk why im feelin this way, maybe its because school exists

so, i dont want to reply to each and every little comment made to me

if i dont say anything i agree since i dont want to type out anything other than things that i disagree with/have ideas for

@Bree123

if brian wouldn't like people like nick, i think he wouldnt be very fond of orion either. theyre similar in the harassing and pranking people departments (orion likes to join in), but orion is more violent and likes to fight more out of the two i think. also, he tosses around insults

(he teases his friends too but he doesnt mean any harm when he does it)

but, if de being friends with him changes it a little

i think i could see them having either a neutral relationship or a sort of tense one where they just tolerate each other because of their mutual friends (im not sure how to describe exactly what im imagining perfectly)?

@Pine

88% Hate sounds just about right. I’ll consider that settled for the moment then.

An interesting thing here: what you said about Nick’s claim to fame thing made me consider an alternative for Emily’s attitude towards him. The impression would’ve been “looking nice and having a rotten personality” if she was to infer that herself, yet if that sort of reputation was widespread enough and Emily heard about it from earlier on, she’d actually start out imagining his personality much more terrible than it actually is, and so when she actually gets to meet him in class, the conclusion she’ll draw would actually turn out to be much better than I originally described because she expected worse.

The degree to which it would happen depends on how much she would’ve heard - yes her opinion is very easily swayed like that so it very largely depends how many people Nick already managed to have hate him already at that time, and to what extent; and the worse other people think of him the more likely she’ll actually end up considering him “not that bad of a person”. A possible alternative for her attitude towards Nick would be that she might actually imagine him the “misunderstood nice person” or “jerk with a heart of gold” archetype, and actually hold a positive opinion towards him instead of simply not minding, and would even sometimes defend him when she hears her closer friends speak ill of him (closer friends because she doesn’t usually try that hard to interfere with what other people think about other people and would rather not risk offending them herself by disagreeing). She might also sort of make it an obligation to approach and try to know about Nick occasionally, a behaviour the way she carries it out would most certainly be perceived as annoying. Which means Nick can hate her all the same regardless.

...I think I’ll need your information on this one to determine details. I personally consider this a rather interesting possibility.

Meanwhile, in the presence of De: Emily would likely cut down a bit on the nonsense part of her personality so that she doesn’t accidentally provoke or upset anyone. She isn’t that big on insisting people be polite and any intentional rudeness will be easily tolerated if not overlooked. The possibility of the second scenario, however, might also mean that there will arise times when

In any case, though, I think a meeting staged in eighth grade would be just about reasonable, and Emily would have known about Nick about then: his presence from when he moved into the town, and a speculated version of his personality from his reputation that built up afterwards. Her current attitude towards Nick would depend, as previously mentioned, on a number of factors in the past that are yet to be clarified.

On an unrelated note, these conversations are leading me to imagine and write Emily’s personality to be probably less aggressive than might be inferred from the description in the sheet. I might edit the sheet later if necessary - or would that even be a legal thing to do? If I do, or course, I’ll be sure to alarm you when and where changes are made.

@Ghost

Eh, my fault for not making it clear enough; but yeah I didn’t really expect either of them to actually pay a great deal of respect to the other, but mutually avoiding stepping on each other’s lines in the fashion proposed might actually seem to others that they had an agreement to respect each other although in fact its just them both being confused and not taking any risks.

I'm afraid that's all I will be able to do for now, a few things came up tonight and I had to deal with them. More apologies for the delay on the part of the other characters, I'll get to that as soon as possible. And again, if there's anything you'd wish to discuss in private or need a more immediate response, you will be able to find me on Skype (nuffthemighty).

@eheu

ohhhhhh how interesting

Yes, I definitely think some people would exaggerate his bad qualities.

ESPECIALLY girls that he bluntly told he wasn't interested in, and on a few occasions he would have insulted them to their face (not always on purpose, but that's usually the reason he gets slapped haha).

I think that reputation would have built up rather quickly upon moving, because that was when he was the most crude as well as so many girls wanting to introduce themselves to the 'cute new kid'.

Then after he made some friends in Orion and Noah (and the others too but mostly them) he built his reputation also as a prankster.

As far as him having a heart of gold, on the other hand... hahaha.

I think that the best qualities of him that people would ever notice is that he is honest and very loyal/protective of his friends... but that's more often interpreted as him being insulting (because his opinion of everyone is so low more often than not) and violent (because of all the fights he gets in).

I suppose there could also be that he'll openly argue about lgbt/ace rights, but that was more of something that developed in high school, considering two of his best friends turned out to be gay, and to a slightly lesser degree religion things.

he lets people know his opinion on things whether or not they want to hear it

maybe even more so when they don't want to hear it haha

I think this has been a little irrelevant up until this time, because naturally his friends would side with him and believe him and what not, but now it might be worth mentioning.

Nick's reputation hit rock bottom his freshman year after that girl spread a rumor that he had raped her, I'm not sure if you ever read that.

A lot of the school's opinion was divided on that, knowing the girl saying that was known to sleep around and be dramatic about things in the past, but there's also the fact that not a lot of people think too highly of Nick, knowing he's a jerk and has some violent tendencies.

If Emily IS easily influenced by others, I'd be very interested to hear her take on this and how she would react to it.

So Nick would make a point to let her know that he doesn't like her at all in his own way.

The fact that she would persist to try to talk to him after that fact would, like you said, annoy him, but it would also confuse him to a degree, so there's that. lol

I think your paragraph may have gotten cut off regarding being around De.

Either way, that would make her more tolerable... except Nick would just remember all the other times he had seen her and potentially interacted with her and only think about how annoyed he was at that point. lol

Oh, you're free to edit that, yes ~

We're more or less fleshing out characters, so it's completely understandable that you would do so.

@Pine So does this mean that I can blackmail Nick with the tree house?

"make me a sandwich or u can't come to my tree house"

Just kidding. But everything you said sounds great. It's not that Brian doesn't like Nick, he just doesn't like some of the things he does (if that makes any sense).

Yeah, and when I say Brian might participate in pranks, I mean he thinks he's funny and probably tells like the worst jokes ever. When he does pull a prank it's along the lines of whoopie cushions and putting on a Scream mask and scaring people, soooooo yeah.

I'd love for them to bond over jogging or weight-lifting or whatever they have planned. They could also annoy the other guys by talking non-stop about sports stats or whatever.

Lol, Brian wouldn't know whether to be insulted or feel comforted by Nick.

"Uhhhh, thanks?" xD

And no, I didn't really have an idea for when he started going to parties. Gimme your suggestions!

@Ghost I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying. Brian isn't going to like, hate Orion or anything. Like you said, they'll tolerate each other. Brian wouldn't be afraid to laugh at his jokes or whatever. Brian will just sit silently in the background while they pull said pranks, watching it all unfurl, shaking his head.

@Bree123

Haha, I don't think Nick would believe that Brian would ever do that.

and if he did try to nick has his own ways of protesting which may or may not be peacefully

Yeah, I get what you mean.

So Nick will occasionally irk him with some of his more amoral tendencies, that's reasonable ~ cx

Haha, yes, those are some of the casual school day pranks that might regularly be used.

but yes nick appreciates lame jokes

he'll insult him but laugh anyway haha

ahh nick prolly wouldn't want to do weight-lifting

he would get bored

so sort of a 'my sport or no sport' deal

though he does enjoy soccer too

but no one is on the soccer team l o l

well this isn't really personally for brian or anything

but i mean just knowing that brian does occasionally go to parties

nick also dabbled in some parties (or maybe just one haha) his freshman year

and one of those particular parties led up to what was that girl accusing nick or raping her

so i thought it might be interesting if brian had also been at that party ?

/observes message gradually becoming less formal

hmmmm

/also feels like i blab about that particular incident too much

/but that doesn't matter

/why am i still awake

/oh yeah, homework

@Bree123

Brian lists “shy girls” under the things he likes and “clingy people” and “not knowing what’s going to happen next” under the things he doesn’t. Oh well.

Looking at his personality, however, I actually ended up thinking that they might just happen to get along? Likely on the basis of a sense of humour and the optimistic outlook - she likes being around that sort of person. That is, if she ever gets to see that side of him: without a chance to know him personally, the conclusions she would draw from the reputation would be the image of the needlessly polite, distant, famous kind of person who also happens to be one of the “never give up no matter what” people. Not that she wouldn’t consider those good things, but that she wouldn’t be particularly interested in someone or something if she could archetype it and place it in the accepted assumptions drawer. Any knowledge of his earlier life on Emily’s side might just save him from being an exact stereotype manifestation, but wouldn’t change things much, I suppose.

If she ever, say, happened to to be in the same class, or any other scenario in which there would be frequent chances of observing his interaction with people, then Emily would most likely end up perceiving him just like any other person? Perhaps she’ll think more highly of him even because of his personality, and would be considered approachable (i.e. valid candidate to be a subject of frequent nonsensical pestering). If she knew about his past she’d be even more amused because of the difference between the person she heard about and that one standing in front of her (in a sense similar to her case with Nick, perhaps?) Here the whole sports fame thing won’t be that big of a factor when she considers interactions.

What kind of relationship develops would, here, ultimately depend on Brian’s attitude towards her, I guess. Considering his backstory and fame and all, Emily would probably pay Brian’s private space a little more respect than she does most other people, and therefore would be more willing to back off from interaction and potential conflict if he doesn’t want anything to do with her and makes that point clear. Otherwise, though, I would probably propose a relationship that’s at least mutually friendly/polite.

I would much wish to hear about this from you. Thanks.

@DecayintoChaos

Emily might not be that fond of Noah, because of the overgrown spoiled child part of his personality (children are one of the few things that Emily dislikes. Can be cute at times, but mostly too noisy and too exhausting to deal with - especially the spoiled kind. Never having kids.) Would probably at least avoid unnecessary interaction his way most of the time.

Somehow I subconsciously expect him to be among the people in the town who she only got to know personally later, as in early-mid High School, perhaps. This might not fit the canonical timeline between him and the other members of the group of friends, so I’m just tossing this out.

Meanwhile, her comments on Noah would mostly consist of references to his dainty wrists and how there’s a surprised smiley face in his last name ö.

@LuckyMisfortune

Still need to hear your take on the whole relationship between De/Nick/Emily thing, but a bit on unrelated trivia here:

I mentioned emily trying to touch Orion’s hair and get away with it, and also her immense fascination towards anything or anyone with a deviant appearance. She would, however, never attempt to ruffle or even lay a finger on De’s hair because apparently its too puffy and perfect that it cannot be touched risking potential damage.

Well at least that’s what she would say, it’ll probably never be known whether she means that or is just exaggerating the case. Just a random piece of headcanon that’s been floating around.

...And I believe that would be all. Whoah, that was much fun writing up. Again, I wish to hear from all of you soon regarding this relations discussion! Thank you.

@eheu

Ahaha, that's quite alright. cx

Ah, well, the stories Jennifer tells I imagine are typically of the slanderous variety (almost invariably within her own clique, though, and she had never said anything of THAT nature before and never has again), and if it's not, it would be some other petty lie for attention or something along those lines.

She's definitely one of the popular girls that surrounds herself with similar, gossiping, pretty girls and boys, so if I were to guess, I would say she wouldn't be close to Emily.

In spite of all of that, would it be plausible that Emily develops some degree of distrust with him?

It might be possible, especially considering the non-existent good terms that they aren't on with each other, because there wouldn't really be any particular reason as to why she would want to 'side' with him (any logical reason, anyway, and that being said, I could see it going either way).

Of course, the incident did fade away, and the rumor is mostly locked away in the back of people's minds, but it isn't any less of a sore topic for him and kids are certain to recall it every now and again.

Ah, his open dislike for her could be portrayed in a multitude of ways, and it would certainly happen on a semi-regular basis.

The first would be to mutter short phrases to himself, along the lines of just saying "obnoxious" any time she was getting on his nerves by just being loud and overly friendly with other people, and any eye contact at that time would be met with a glare from him.

Then in those incidents where she ended up speaking critically of his pranks or immaturity, those comments would be met with snarky and condescending remarks and him solely addressing her as "Bitch Cakes", which is the universal code that Nick really thinks lowly of someone.

He would certainly take note of Emily approaching people fearlessly to engage in conversation, but that would just further irritate him, perceiving her as being "far too friendly" or a "try-hard".

If/when she were to ever approach him in this manner, unless she managed to distract him with a topic of interest (himself (lolol jk that would only work half the time) or some sort of debate, but I don't think the latter would ever occur to her to try, as he isn't serious about anything 90% of the time), he would go straight to telling him to not talk to him or to shut up.

If she doesn't walk away at that point, he would more than likely "level with her" and tell her precisely what he thinks of her, along the lines of annoying, overly friendly try-hard, etc.

If it goes even further beyond that, he would start attacking her personally, calling her "socially inept" and perhaps even "sloppy", and from there on continue to insult her in whatever way the conversation would go from there.

After that all was resolved, if she ever tried to talk to him again after that in a remotely casual way (again, unless the aforementioned topics were addressed), he would then demand if she was so socially handicapped that she couldn't take a hint and do walk away (or ignore her in some incident where he couldn't walk away).

and if she ever laughed at that, i believe that's when he would grow flustered and confused

Any moment where he actually did feel some sort of connection with her (her laughing at his pranks/jokes, which, even then, would be somewhat iffy, because other times he would be annoyed by her hypocrisy), the only hint he would give to that would be a smug smile, because otherwise he would bottle that up inside himself.

In fact, he probably wouldn't even be aware of his satisfaction, or at least where it came from, because he has a tendency to disregard his own emotions, instead just impulsively doing things.

Either way, I think the idea of them being partnered up for a project at some point would be amusing, because Nick would either let her do the entire thing by herself if she took initiative, or he would do it take over and try to exclude her to the best of his ability, not wanting her to somehow ruin it.

That's interesting, but I believe that would have been mostly resolved before he even moved to Fairtown, so that would just be something for Emily to feel, if that makes sense?

Either way, he would be too unobservant to make that connection, as he doesn't even perceive himself as violent.

Well, she is certainly on horrific terms with Nick, so if she could somehow manage to find a way to overlook his blunt criticisms of her (probably by making some excuse for his behavior, like that whole "jerk with a heart of gold" thing), then by all means let her lead on her deluded life... xD

His initial behavior around her when De is concerned might be able to attribute to this, between even more openly harassing her to make her go away and the dead, resigning silence that comes with him making De uncomfortable... I think that could somewhat reasonably send her mixed signals?

However she might interpret that behavior... which may be in very interesting ways occasionally lol.

ah yes 88% is quite good

after all, i calculated it with my hate formula

because that's a thing

/cough

@Bree123

Oh wow sorry it never notified me that you tagged so I didn't see :( sorry

But anyway, when you say Brian sees Noah for what he is, what exactly are you referring to Noah as being? A total bitch? That brings me to my point anyway:Noah may be a bitch, but at least he's a fair bitch. I don't think he would judge your character for a crappy home life that was out of his control. Though if you'd like Noah to be super judgmental towards Brian as a, like, source of conflict, I can definitely make him play that part : )

Up to you for sure : )

@eheu

Oh shoot I didn't see yours either my bad!

So you say that Emily would not like Noah on account of the fact that he's childish, though did you not describe Emily herself as being a "ten-year-old kid in the disguise of a teenage girl"? I mean, spoiled I can see(though Emily would never experience the spoiled side of him if she often "avoided unnecessary interaction"), but Emily is described in the personality section as being something of an overgrown child herself.

As for her getting to know him later in high school, would you please explain your thought process regarding how it may not fit into the timeline?

Last edited by a moderator:
@DecayintoChaos

I guess her not Liking Noah isn't as contradictory as it is implied to be? The fact that one has a certain personality trait doesn't necessarily mean that he or she would find that same trait agreeable in others, or necessarily even notice the presence of it on herself. Children don't always see eye to eye with each other anyway.

Another possible reason is that while the outward behaviour is similar - in this case, both persons being childish - Emily will have accress to her own thought processes which justify her behaviour, but she will not necessarily understand Noah's; which will reasonably spark very different attitudes towards the issues. The similarity in their behaviour might even go unnoticed unless specifically pointed out. Accusing other people of the same faults one indulges in oneself isn't a particularly hard thing to do for some people.

If she hadn't seen the spoiled side of Noah's personality she would as well just make attempts to iteract with him when the chances arise and realize it then; although I speculated Noah's spoiled-child qualities would be outwardly prominent enough so that Emily could infer them through observation and without personal interaction. What I described about her not liking him was largely considering these factors as previously available information.

My phrasing regarding the time they met was probably largely misleading and I apologize for that. For clarification, I meant that as a proposal of something that I just suddenly felt to be reasonable in my head, but it was at the moment unclear why I did; and for that reason should any conflict arise between this setting and any other (likely more important) ideas to be implemented, concillations can easily be made.

I specifically mentioned that because, per her personality to seek out and interact with new people when possible, it would require that she doesn't have close enough connections with Noah until later on; a scenario that would be unlikely if Noah was to, say, already hang around De or Nick - who she first knew in elementary and middle school respectedly - before highschool, because then he would most certainly be known to her by then?

@eheu

Ehehe, well, as long as it doesn't happen TOO often, he'll keep insulting her rather than getting to the point where he ignores her and silently flips her off in creative ways.

Ahh, I haven't a doubt in my mind that there would be SOMEONE on his Bitch Cakes list that she also wouldn't like.

Like some sort of rich spoiled brat at school (that isn't as funny to him as Noah, haha).

I must wonder, though, how exactly she would go about trying to save herself from that particular label from him?

Perhaps she found the term amusing until he started using it against her? lol

Ah, it could be like that.

I don't know if he would ever get ANGRY, because so far she just seems like she would annoy him.

Well, I sort of take that back.

If she decided to try to talk to him when he was already in a bad mood about something, then he would be angry.

However, I think the only difference in his behavior would be more choppy, less intelligible statements and even more clearly livid expressions, and quicker transition between the phases, probably cutting straight to personal insults... now with 10% more profanity! 8D

Or... no, since he wouldn't be able to think of something awfully witty to say, he would stick with telling her to 'fuck off' and probably just walk away after two attempts (perhaps even walk away in spite of whether his attendance in that certain place is mandatory or not, unlike usually trying to ignore her).

but this is all hypothetical of her catching her in this sort of mood /shrugs

he definitely acted like this around the time of the rumor spreading but otherwise i don't think it happens... TOO often haha

I have to ask, though, would she ever approach him with that previously mentioned topic of interest?

Just randomly (or not so randomly) desire to debate with him, be it over philosophy or how to work out a problem in homework or... something? lol

Ahaha, well, as long as she never tried anything, he would just be annoyed any time she spoke to him, but otherwise he would probably be okay with that.

In some sort of irony, he would try even harder on that sort of project (if only to prove how much he didn't want her help) and it would probably be done ahead of time and turn out to be one of the most, if not THE most appealing in class... because he's not bothering to do any of his other homework outside of class 93% of the time.

(I love throwing up these garbage statistics lol.)

Ah, okay.

So it would be rather likely that they had either advanced or regular classes together, barring math.

It depends on why he's engaged in the fight, really, and how much rationality is left in his inner voice haha.

If it's over something petty that just sort of escalated or for some reason feels the needs to assert some kind of dominance, he would allow someone trying to stop him to stop him, more than likely.

Also if he knows deep down inside he's at a clear disadvantage and won't win, then he would use that as a way of getting himself out of that situation without having simply appearing to 'chicken out'.

I suppose that all applies to if his own honor/man card is at stake as well, though if he knows he could win, it might be a little more difficult.

A sure fire way to stop him, however, is to somehow insert herself such that she would be in danger of getting hurt, though he would certainly call her 'stupid' in some way for doing that before walking away.

HOWEVER, if it came to someone having insulted his friends, THEN it would be next to impossible to stop him, and even if she tried to get in the way ('well, this worked last time'), he would shove her out of the way and proceed to fight, because that's when he loses all rationality and it's truly the best way to anger him.

Ahaha, yes, leave her confused about his behavior forever.

/cackles

@Pine

Read and understood.

She'll find the term amusing regardless. Finding it hard resisting giggles towards that expression is one thing, and being upset about it being used against her is another. They don't necessarily contradict.

Emily's overenthusiastic involvement in interaction isn't at all without boundaries. If she could tell someone's already very upset and her messing around will only make it worse she'll try to refrain from doing so - she doesn't deliberately get on people's nerves just because she could. Any occurrences otherwise would result from her failing to realize that they're upset. That, though, I suppose won't be that much of a problem with Nick since he makes himself clear enough most of the time.

Eh...pardon me, which previously mentioned topic of interest?

On the mention of philosophy though: Emily would be needlessly and randomly philosophical at times. Like when conversations suddenly go silent she might sit there for a while and then spontaneously, in a very serious tone, toss a question along the lines of "What do you think is the meaning of life?" "what is intelligence?" and the like. Not sure if this'll have to do with anything deep down in her personality that is really interested in this kind of stuff, or just another of the things she mentions without reason.

Consider us agreed about what would happen if there was a project, then. Though, would a project happening be a part of actual in-character history, and would it have any particular contribution on their later perception of each other?

Understood about intervention of a potential fight. She would try to stop a fight if she runs across one, especially with people she knew involved; but then she isn't really the kind of person who would risk her own safety without impulse-ish reasons such as the possibility of one of the people who were closer to her to get hurt if she didn't do something. If that ever happened with Nick it would mean that a friend of Emily's (whom safety she considers important enough to protect at the cost of her own) did something along the lines of insulting a friend of Nick's, an event - from the out-of-character consideration of relevance - I would argue against the likelihood of. If she knows about the reasons beforehand, though, Emily will be terribly conflicted and will not do anything as radical because that would carry implication of taking sides and probably actually make things worse; but she'll give her best attempts to otherwise prevent the fight. If the complications and conflict were what we were aiming for we could go with that instead.

Might I ask, are there any plans of throwing any of these fight events into canon history?

Whoah this is much exciting. Thanks for the feedback!

@eheu

Ah, so what precisely would Emily do to revoke her title of Bitch Cakes? xD

Mhm, I could see that.

like ohoho that's really funny wAIT THAT'S MEAN DON'T CALL ME THAT ;w; heh

i know not exactly like that but

yeah xD

Ah, okay, gotcha' ~

I'll say it didn't get to the point of him having to walk out, then.

If for some reason she asked a question about himself, depending on the sort of question, he MIGHT answer that, rather than his atypical way of telling her to just go away and blah blah blah.

That, or the philosophy sort of thing.

At certain times he may not be averse to debating philosophical matters.

He would think it strange that it ever got brought up in the first place, but he likes sharing his opinion on things (quite clearly haha), so he would probably answer anyway if he's in a good enough mood and either has a readily available answer or it was interesting enough to provoke deep thought.

(If not that then he would award her with a strange look and a "who cares?")

So I think if she were to ever meet that sort of criteria, a pleasant conversation between them might ACTUALLY be possible. lol

maybe even knock it down to 84% hate oooooooh ~

of course prolly not around his friends because at that time he's more interested in dumb humor and things and is less inclined for his smart to show like that ahaha

If you mean having to write it into your character's profile, then no, that isn't necessary.

I'll just go ahead and say they were forced to do a project together once before and this is how it turned out, if that's alright?

perhaps just useful for some sort of reference in the future

I mean, it's probably not important, but we could just agree that she's seen the control-freak side of him.

Ah, okay.

So more than likely, she would only succeed in getting him out of those tiny, more silly fights, then.

I don't think it would be too likely that any of that other stuff would happen where her friends are concerned, then.

I think we would have to really speculate over elaborate scenarios if we were to, so I think we're just speculating on the 'what ifs', unless you DO want to work something out, in which case we have a good understanding of how both parties would act in blah blah blah situation.

Honestly, a lot of this conversation is unneeded, as I think we have a pretty good understanding of the interactions between these two... but it's so fun to talk about anyway.

In case something comes up in character in the future where one of us WOULD want to cite some past event of that nature, then we would already have a head start on knowing how these things would turn out and we would probably just have to ask the other...

but overall this isn't necessary and i'm just having fun speculating over these things

I believe we all have a good understanding of how everyone interacts at this point, yes?

So De will have the dog, Brian the tree house, and... I can't remember everyone who lives in the main neighborhood at the moment, BUT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE lol.

Does Chestnut Boulevard sound good to everyone? xD

And the name of the school... eh...

There's only one school, so that can just be Fairtown High.

Hm...

I'll work on constructing the timeline for the group later.

Right now off of the top of my head, it was De and Matty, then at some point... everyone else, and I think that Nick would have been the last to be in on this shebang.

I think that we'll be fine for role play to resume this weekend, then ~

though at some point on saturday i'm in a pokemon tournament at school so there's that haha

Fuuuuu

I'm so sorry! I'll try to respond right away!

School started for me and I have basically no time inbetween volleyball and stuff!

Sorry, sorrrrrry!

Don't hate mehhhh! 
Dang, I might have to do it tomorrow! DX

I have something to do

(Who gives you a project on the first day of school? Guess my teacher does)

I wish you luck with your work, @LuckyMisfortune.

@Pine

Ugh, I'm so sorry about this. My brain keeps skipping things.

About what she'd do to revoke the title: Not much, really? I imagine things she does not doing much good, and that's if it's not making things worse. It'll revolve mostly around her trying to persuade him not to call him not by...well, telling him "don't call me that"? She does realize that there's not much she can do to affect someone else's attitude towards her (changing her behaviour is too hard and too painful it's out of the question) so there's that. I guess the loathe on Nick's side will have to fade off on its own, for the most part.

Though, regarding your mention of being able to imagine Emily's reaction towards Nick calling her that: acutally, almost exactly like that. That's word-by-word accuracy to the actual reaction coming from her mouth. Good job.

If Emily asked of anything personal about Nick, it would most likely be related to his life before Fairtown. If he would tell the stories then that might just be an important source of information for Emily about Nick's past life. I like the idea of Nick probably sometimes answering her random philosophy questions as well - if there's a ready answer Emily will be very willing to listen. Her feedback will be no less enthusiastic but might just be much more meaningful surrounding these topics. I, for another thing, cannot get the following conversation out of my head though:

"...What do you think is the meaning of life?"

"who cares?"

(startled voice) "you
don't?"

"Nope."

*shrugs* "Neither do I."

And then the conversation just goes silent again and they just sit there.

Mostly just for my own amusement, but I imagine that to be more or less how things go down sometimes.

And yes she shall try to stop all the sily fights

Well...it does seem we've covered a lot already. I've yet to hear from a lot of people but I guess I'll have myself and my lateness to blame for that.

Fairtown High sounds good enough. How about the other levels of education around there - any information set on that? Chestnut Boulevard will be one of those place names that makes people hate saying the name of their home address out loud - generic enough and it kind of has a nice ring to it if you chant it to yourself like 10+ times or something, so I'd say ye to that.

For timeline compilation reference: De would know Emily briefly after his arrival in Fairtown, which was estimated to be somewhere in their elementary school years. Emily meets Nick in middle school.

@LuckyMisfortune

Ah, don't worry about it, you're fine ~

Sucks that you have a project though holy-

@eheu

Ehehe, no, it's fine. cx

Ah, alright.

then haha poor emily will forever be known as bitch cakes to him

Score !

Ah, okay.

If that's the case, then Nick wouldn't tell her that it's none of her business.

he's very private about that stuff ehehe

BUT it being a small town, there would be ways of finding out without a doubt, but certainly not from him.

THAT would make him angry haha.

Bahahaha, that's great. cx

I think that actually his response to that particular question would be that there isn't, and he could probably elaborate in his pessimistic way if she further inquired AND ALL AROUND MAKE THE ROOM P DEPRESSED. lol

Ah, I'm sure they're just busy. /pats

I guess I should double check on all the things that still need to be worked out. -w-

haven't done that ahaha

Other than there just being one school at each grade level?

Nope. :'D

I could PROBABLY think of a name for them easily buuuuuuuuuuut I don't know if that's necessary.

and that has got to be my favorite way of describing a street name ever thank you for that lol

Ah, alright, thanks ! ;w;

I think I might post tonight! It probs won't be till later, though. I have a crap ton of homework and I've procrastinated until today. :D

Okay guys

So @Ghost and I have been thinking about proposing a new rule of sorts

Something to the tune of if more than 72 hours pass after the last post, your turn is skipped and the next person goes

This is just a proposal and is totally welcome to be shot down

It just seems that three days is enough time and could be immensely helpful in keeping the roleplay active?

I'll definitely consider it, yeah.

but of course the role play is slow at the moment kind of on purpose ahaha

but after we're done plotting

maybe maybe

I see, yes, but we haven't really even been doing that much plotting as far as the future of the roleplay is concerned. We've been mostly plotting out backstory and character interactions, and I see no reason why we can't roleplay simultaneously.

What better way to find how our characters interact than to put them in the position to interact and see what works? I feel like it might do some good to get a sense of their hands on dynamics.

Ah, but the future of the role play is a mystery !

I find plotting character interactions and back story is important, because I wouldn't want to slowly adapt to how these characters interact while they're supposed to have known each other quite personally for however many years.

I'd rather leave such tweaks to be hardly noticeable.

and we really needed to sort out the deal with the treehouse and ripper and such :S

But like I said, I AM satisfied with how things are now (though a lot more people should work with Bree's character, but otherwise).

Either way, don't worry.

Role play should pick up from here, soon, as I already have a reply in mind.

though i have a very early morning class and should probably get to bed soon

but some time tomorrow, perhaps ?

@DecayintoChaos @Bree123

man i wish role play updates were still a thing

Anyway, heya fellas!

As per the request of Decay and apparently Ghost, too, I've edited the rule on activity.

If we have not received a role play post from you within three days, then the next person in the post order is allowed to post.

In the event that I haven't heard from you in any way in a week's time in some shape or form, then you will be dropped from the role play.

I want to make sure interest is maintained in this role play, and even if it means posting "farts" in the ooc chat, that's good enough for me.

Of course, I will warn you around the time I'm thinking of booting you out, but nevertheless, that's how things are going to be now.

On another note, role play has more or less started again, so hooray for that!

Now with that in mind, I'll begin instigating all the rules of activity.

Though most of our conversation is concluded, please still participate if you have any ideas, particularly regarding Bree's character, which I don't think too many of you have collaborated with.

So onto hounding specific peeps, I haven't heard from Sunflakes in a while, so... please drop us some sort of message whenever you're on next, yah?

Also, Sky, I know that your character is maximum hermit mode, but if people are tagging you with ideas, you need to respond.

Even if your character is completely oblivious to the world and wouldn't remember anything, Rod HAS to react to certain things and blah blah blah character needs to know how they would react to form THEIR opinions of him.

because at the moment he's really unrealistically spacey if he can't remember anyone in this sort of setting

so please don't try to just use that as an excuse, or i may have to drop you from the role play

I'm not :P I wasn't aware anybody else had even tagged me with ideas since last time, although I think my notifications for this thread botched up because it didn't tell me anything about this page until I manually looked this evening. I'll presume from this that there is somebody I need to respond to, but I'll do it tomorrow seeing as it's mega late now here and I really need sleep, so apologies if people are waiting on me but I didn't see anything scanning through.

Also I'm hardly using Rod's personality as an excuse not to make links and such. I have however explained that he's weirder than most of you guys are initially anticipating (and you will see that when I post eventually), but implying I'm using it as an excuse is a bit coming from nowhere IMO seeing as I did elaborate and detail out on posts last time when I did my massive check of ideas. In fact, although I'm not gonna claim to have written anyway near as much as some of you guys, I've always pointed out ideas for how characters would react to my dude instead of just being limited to his own traits at every time I've suggested stuff. Rod forgets things he doesn't care about, and I have stressed that and how extensive it is since the beginning. You've had literally forever to tell me you thought it was unrealistic also. So call me out of you think I'm wrong to be offended but this all seems very unfounded to me and not very welcoming for starting to write in the RP :/

Anyhow, posting rules make sense and sound good to me. Just one thing though, there is a posting order, right? And if so what is it? I tried to look for it earlier but couldn't find it at all. Would certainly help out, cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back